Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-993

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
k11chi
User avatar
Posts: 1305

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-99X

Postby k11chi » March 27th, 2017, 11:27 am

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
k11chi wrote:Akako having magic powers wouldn't surprise me.


Akako having magic powers in DC, you mean?

Yes because Magic Kaito and DC could very well be in the very same universe considering how Gosho writes MK now. It would probably be kind of like the Kurain spirit techniques in Ace Attorney.
Image
alphajjc
Posts: 73

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-99X

Postby alphajjc » March 27th, 2017, 11:50 pm

I'm getting Gin/Porsche vibes from back in the day when i see the scene with Momiji in that Rolls Royce..Obviously i doubt she is "Rum" but maybe the guy affiliated with her is if you catch me drift.

I don't know if i'm the only one who thought of this when i saw the Rolls Royce but idk man.Yeah i know its "just a car" but we have seen in Conan how cars(there is even a wiki article on them) in the show can represent certain people

But if "Iori" is her butler and he was somewhere else that day....then who was driving that car for her ? Just a no name chauffer?
Unlucky Devil
Posts: 13

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-99X

Postby Unlucky Devil » March 28th, 2017, 2:16 am

alphajjc wrote:I'm getting Gin/Porsche vibes from back in the day when i see the scene with Momiji in that Rolls Royce..Obviously i doubt she is "Rum" but maybe the guy affiliated with her is if you catch me drift.

I don't know if i'm the only one who thought of this when i saw the Rolls Royce but idk man.Yeah i know its "just a car" but we have seen in Conan how cars(there is even a wiki article on them) in the show can represent certain people

But if "Iori" is her butler and he was somewhere else that day....then who was driving that car for her ? Just a no name chauffer?

I got the same feeling! If my memory serves right, it is mostly people belonging to the BO (and some FBI members) that were shown to have such high class vehicles. Especially given the fact that it is a British vehicle makes me wonder if she has an important role to play. Her character is super interesting - it would be a waste if she's just here for the purpose of Kazuha's love rival...
DCUniverseAficionado
User avatar

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Posts: 1173

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-99X

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » March 28th, 2017, 3:40 am

k11chi wrote:
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
k11chi wrote:Akako having magic powers wouldn't surprise me.


Akako having magic powers in DC, you mean?

Yes because Magic Kaito and DC could very well be in the very same universe considering how Gosho writes MK now. It would probably be kind of like the Kurain spirit techniques in Ace Attorney.


Gosho would disagree, given his comments about how the MK and DC worlds are different. It's clear he thinks an actual witch doesn't belong in the world of DC.

If Yaiba or Onimaru appear—as someone who can actually go toe to toe with Heiji and Okita—they'll have to be different, in some way, from how they were in the Yaiba manga.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
k11chi
User avatar
Posts: 1305

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-99X

Postby k11chi » March 28th, 2017, 4:39 am

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
k11chi wrote:
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
k11chi wrote:Akako having magic powers wouldn't surprise me.


Akako having magic powers in DC, you mean?

Yes because Magic Kaito and DC could very well be in the very same universe considering how Gosho writes MK now. It would probably be kind of like the Kurain spirit techniques in Ace Attorney.


Gosho would disagree, given his comments about how the MK and DC worlds are different. It's clear he thinks an actual witch doesn't belong in the world of DC.

If Yaiba or Onimaru appear—as someone who can actually go toe to toe with Heiji and Okita—they'll have to be different, in some way, from how they were in the Yaiba manga.

The world of Kaito and the world of DC aren't that different compared to Yaiba.
Image
AkaiMoroboshi
User avatar
Posts: 8

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-99X

Postby AkaiMoroboshi » March 28th, 2017, 5:10 am

Unlucky Devil wrote:
alphajjc wrote:I'm getting Gin/Porsche vibes from back in the day when i see the scene with Momiji in that Rolls Royce..Obviously i doubt she is "Rum" but maybe the guy affiliated with her is if you catch me drift.

I don't know if i'm the only one who thought of this when i saw the Rolls Royce but idk man.Yeah i know its "just a car" but we have seen in Conan how cars(there is even a wiki article on them) in the show can represent certain people

But if "Iori" is her butler and he was somewhere else that day....then who was driving that car for her ? Just a no name chauffer?

I got the same feeling! If my memory serves right, it is mostly people belonging to the BO (and some FBI members) that were shown to have such high class vehicles. Especially given the fact that it is a British vehicle makes me wonder if she has an important role to play. Her character is super interesting - it would be a waste if she's just here for the purpose of Kazuha's love rival...


Well, most of BO member are using sports/coupe type car. It just shows us that BO is wealthy organization which can give their member nice cars and weapons. So, the boss must be very rich or maybe he's the billionaire.

It makes a sense if momiji (or her family) has connection with BO or maybe her family runs the org. (Same as sonoko family, but we haven't see their cars yet)

It's interesing if momiji & co appearances are making heiji gets close to the BO cases.
"Fear of death is worse than death itself."

Image
Serinox
User avatar
Posts: 471

Contact:

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-99X

Postby Serinox » March 28th, 2017, 9:06 am

k11chi wrote:
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
k11chi wrote:
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
k11chi wrote:Akako having magic powers wouldn't surprise me.


Akako having magic powers in DC, you mean?

Yes because Magic Kaito and DC could very well be in the very same universe considering how Gosho writes MK now. It would probably be kind of like the Kurain spirit techniques in Ace Attorney.


Gosho would disagree, given his comments about how the MK and DC worlds are different. It's clear he thinks an actual witch doesn't belong in the world of DC.

If Yaiba or Onimaru appear—as someone who can actually go toe to toe with Heiji and Okita—they'll have to be different, in some way, from how they were in the Yaiba manga.

The world of Kaito and the world of DC aren't that different compared to Yaiba.

Except for the existence of giant vultures, gorillas and tigers living in Japan, elementary swords that allow the user to shoot lightning, water and many more, demon souls possessing dead animal bodies and reviving them, demon gods, dragons, a giant pyramid guarded by a massive living tree, giant fortresses and mechs, a race of bunny people living on the moon etc.
But apart from that, not all that different, just take out everything listed above (and more) and it still takes place in modern Japan, I guess... :-X

Agreed.
Last edited by Serinox on March 28th, 2017, 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
MeiTanteixX
User avatar
Posts: 1000

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-99X

Postby MeiTanteixX » March 28th, 2017, 9:41 am

Serinox wrote:
k11chi wrote:
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
k11chi wrote:
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
k11chi wrote:Akako having magic powers wouldn't surprise me.


Akako having magic powers in DC, you mean?

Yes because Magic Kaito and DC could very well be in the very same universe considering how Gosho writes MK now. It would probably be kind of like the Kurain spirit techniques in Ace Attorney.


Gosho would disagree, given his comments about how the MK and DC worlds are different. It's clear he thinks an actual witch doesn't belong in the world of DC.

If Yaiba or Onimaru appear—as someone who can actually go toe to toe with Heiji and Okita—they'll have to be different, in some way, from how they were in the Yaiba manga.

The world of Kaito and the world of DC aren't that different compared to Yaiba.

Except for the existence of giant vultures, gorillas and tigers living in Japan, elementary swords that allow the user to shoot lightning, water and many more, demon souls possessing dead animal bodies and reviving them, demon gods, dragons, a giant pyramid guarded by a massive living tree, giant fortresses and mechs, a race of bunny people living on the moon etc.
But apart from that, not all that different, just take out everything listed above (and more) and it still takes place in modern Japan, I guess... :-X

I think what @k11chi was saying is that DC and MK aren't that different from each other, if you were to compare them to Yaiba.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Image
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
Serinox
User avatar
Posts: 471

Contact:

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-99X

Postby Serinox » March 28th, 2017, 9:49 am

MeiTanteixX wrote:
Serinox wrote:
k11chi wrote:
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
k11chi wrote:
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
k11chi wrote:Akako having magic powers wouldn't surprise me.


Akako having magic powers in DC, you mean?

Yes because Magic Kaito and DC could very well be in the very same universe considering how Gosho writes MK now. It would probably be kind of like the Kurain spirit techniques in Ace Attorney.


Gosho would disagree, given his comments about how the MK and DC worlds are different. It's clear he thinks an actual witch doesn't belong in the world of DC.

If Yaiba or Onimaru appear—as someone who can actually go toe to toe with Heiji and Okita—they'll have to be different, in some way, from how they were in the Yaiba manga.

The world of Kaito and the world of DC aren't that different compared to Yaiba.

Except for the existence of giant vultures, gorillas and tigers living in Japan, elementary swords that allow the user to shoot lightning, water and many more, demon souls possessing dead animal bodies and reviving them, demon gods, dragons, a giant pyramid guarded by a massive living tree, giant fortresses and mechs, a race of bunny people living on the moon etc.
But apart from that, not all that different, just take out everything listed above (and more) and it still takes place in modern Japan, I guess... :-X

I think what @k11chi was saying is that DC and MK aren't that different from each other, if you were to compare them to Yaiba.

Maybe I should more carefully before replying *sigh*, but anyway, this whole argument feels really grating to me.
MeiTanteixX
User avatar
Posts: 1000

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-99X

Postby MeiTanteixX » March 28th, 2017, 10:10 am

Serinox wrote:Maybe I should more carefully before replying *sigh*, but anyway, this whole argument feels really grating to me.
personally, I prefer things to stay the way they are. MK universe is already intertwined with DC. Even if we were to accept them as coexisting stories in one universe, in the DC story, Magic will still never play a role(and will still be considered as none-existant from their perspective).
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Image
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
Serinox
User avatar
Posts: 471

Contact:

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-99X

Postby Serinox » March 28th, 2017, 10:20 am

Yeah, and seeing as Gosho is himself admitting that the whole connection between MK and DC has been problematic is some ways and needing to introduce this seperate universe idea to keep Akako from DC, I don't think Gosho would ever have Yaiba himself appear, since Yaiba himself is a character that fundamentally contradicts DC like Akako, while Okita isn't really, which is why I can only imagine that Onimaru's original form of a a gifted highschool swordsman could maybe make an appearance, but only for this case and not on a semi-regular crossover basis like Kid, which some people assume is Gosho's intention now that Okita has a speaking role here.
MeiTanteixX
User avatar
Posts: 1000

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-99X

Postby MeiTanteixX » March 28th, 2017, 10:44 am

Serinox wrote:which is why I can only imagine that Onimaru's original form of a a gifted highschool swordsman could maybe make an appearance, but only for this case and not on a semi-regular crossover basis like Kid, which some people assume is Gosho's intention now that Okita has a speaking role here.

That would imply that DC story takes place before the events of Yaiba :P (unless Onimaru reverted to his original form in the end of Yaiba story)

That's a strong overkill expectation honestly. This is supposed to be a "special series" after all, which makes it an exception and not meant to be an ongoing/recurring plot. I don't recall Kid's intro being a special, so those people should keep their expectations on check.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Image
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
Serinox
User avatar
Posts: 471

Contact:

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-99X

Postby Serinox » March 28th, 2017, 11:56 am

MeiTanteixX wrote:(unless Onimaru reverted to his original form in the end of Yaiba story)

He did, if I recall correctly.
Spimer
Moderator
User avatar

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Posts: 779

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-99X

Postby Spimer » March 28th, 2017, 3:39 pm

So, the file is out...

Reminder: next week is break so next file (992) is April 12th.
Spoiler:
As I'd predicted this is surely going to be at least 4 files long.

Now things get a bit confusing since the old man heard the victim say that of the cutter knife: the three suspects have enough motives to want to try to murder him.

And it turns out it wasn't a student of Seishin High School but one of the three stole a spare set to avoid being stained in blood.

All of them could perfectly be lying or trying to cover each other.

So insofar neither Conan nor Heiji have the evidence / info to figure out which of them is the culprit.

Sato was about to order for the tournament to be cancelled but Heiji is trying to stop them saying that if he solves the case before the finals begin then there's no need to.

Okita brings up the "other contestant" as well so he might be relevant in the next file.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
alphajjc
Posts: 73

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-99X

Postby alphajjc » March 28th, 2017, 4:22 pm

AkaiMoroboshi wrote:
Unlucky Devil wrote:
alphajjc wrote:I'm getting Gin/Porsche vibes from back in the day when i see the scene with Momiji in that Rolls Royce..Obviously i doubt she is "Rum" but maybe the guy affiliated with her is if you catch me drift.

I don't know if i'm the only one who thought of this when i saw the Rolls Royce but idk man.Yeah i know its "just a car" but we have seen in Conan how cars(there is even a wiki article on them) in the show can represent certain people

But if "Iori" is her butler and he was somewhere else that day....then who was driving that car for her ? Just a no name chauffer?

I got the same feeling! If my memory serves right, it is mostly people belonging to the BO (and some FBI members) that were shown to have such high class vehicles. Especially given the fact that it is a British vehicle makes me wonder if she has an important role to play. Her character is super interesting - it would be a waste if she's just here for the purpose of Kazuha's love rival...


Well, most of BO member are using sports/coupe type car. It just shows us that BO is wealthy organization which can give their member nice cars and weapons. So, the boss must be very rich or maybe he's the billionaire.

It makes a sense if momiji (or her family) has connection with BO or maybe her family runs the org. (Same as sonoko family, but we haven't see their cars yet)

It's interesing if momiji & co appearances are making heiji gets close to the BO cases.

Return to “Story Discussion (Manga Spoilers)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests