Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-993

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
dccd

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-993

Post by dccd »

Plus, Gosho already said that the story in and around #1000 will be a love comedy and I doubt that he will just throw in a random three chapter BO case between now and the story for #1000.
Wait, what?
If this is true, this really sound to me as if CH1000 wont feature any BO. To me personally, this would be a disaster.
I thought it´s only confirmed that Shinichi will appear, but you have to seem more information.

Well... would you be so kind and sum up again whats confirmed so far?
[ ] Yonehara = Rum
[ ] Kuroda = Amuros Boss
[x] MG = Mrs. Akai
[x] Haneda = Brother Akai
[ ] Rumi = Asaka
[ ] Wakita = Bo-Member Whiskey (aka the RAT)
[ ] Iori = just a butler
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

dccd wrote:
Plus, Gosho already said that the story in and around #1000 will be a love comedy and I doubt that he will just throw in a random three chapter BO case between now and the story for #1000.
Wait, what?
If this is true, this really sound to me as if CH1000 wont feature any BO. To me personally, this would be a disaster.
I thought it´s only confirmed that Shinichi will appear, but you have to seem more information.

I wouldn't assume that Shinichi/Ran Love Comedy in File 1000 = No BO at all in File 1000. Plus, there's the matter of the case before this and the case after. File 888–File 898 was the Bourbon arc climax—you would've thought File 900 would be part of the Bourbon arc climax, but, lo and behold, it wasn't. So, basically, if we don't get BO in File 1000 (or we get BO in a smaller role than you may care for), maybe that's because they'll be in/have a bigger role to play in the case before and/or the case after File 1000.

And here's some info Gosho's put out about File 1000:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/DCTheRedThr ... 4616859487
Last edited by DCUniverseAficionado on April 25th, 2017, 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

Yeah, and in addition that, it was already going through Japanese social media that Gosho apparantly said at the Let's Talk Day 2017 in a off-panel conversation, that Ch. 1000 would be a love comedy. At the time it seemed like a baseless and thus unlikely rumor, but now with all the postcards and the movie guidebook, it all comes together.
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

dccd wrote:
Wait, what?

It's just a file and there's only 15 pages. If Gosho believes that the main characters deserve the spotlight in the legendary file 1000 then that sounds fitting to me.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

k11chi wrote:It's just a file and there's only 15 pages. If Gosho believes that the main characters deserve the spotlight in the legendary file 1000 then that sounds fitting to me.
You mean 16. Unless you're excluding the cover page due to it having no dialogue or scenes. Though we may get colored pages in File 1000—in which case, the file would actually be longer than 16 pages.

Yep, from the beginning, Shinichi/Conan, Ran and Kogoro have been the main characters, so a Shinichi/Ran story seems about right.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:You mean 16. Unless you're excluding the cover page due to it having no dialogue or scenes. Though we may get colored pages in File 1000—in which case, the file would actually be longer than 16 pages.
Color spread chapters (like aquarium flashback ch 2) are 17 pages, but you also have to remember that when that happens 2 whole pages are devoted to the same image so its not really longer in any way. Its still 15 pages of regular panels of story.
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
DCUniverseAficionado

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:You mean 16. Unless you're excluding the cover page due to it having no dialogue or scenes. Though we may get colored pages in File 1000—in which case, the file would actually be longer than 16 pages.
Color spread chapters (like aquarium flashback ch 2) are 17 pages, but you also have to remember that when that happens 2 whole pages are devoted to the same image so its not really longer in any way. Its still 15 pages of regular panels of story.
But those kinds of pages (colored ones) actually have dialogue, actually have scenes. Regular intro pages are typically Shinichi/Conan cosplaying or doing something relevant to the case's/file's subject matter—it's not directly related to any scenes in the file, and has no dialogue.

Excluding the intro page (and the fact that the last page of every DC file has never been labeled 15—it's been labeled 16 or a number higher than that).

While there has been one file over 20 pages (File 2) and one over 30 pages (File 1), there has never been a 15 page File in DC history.
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:Though we may get colored pages in File 1000—in which case, the file would actually be longer than 16 pages.
But those kinds of pages (colored ones) actually have dialogue, actually have scenes. Regular intro pages are typically Shinichi/Conan cosplaying or doing something relevant to the case's/file's subject matter—it's not directly related to any scenes in the file, and has no dialogue.
It depends on what chapters you are talking about, in the past there have been a few color spreads with no dialogue. My point was that a color spread is still effectively an enlarged single panel with usually no more than one dialogue bubble. Its not really that much extra content. Even non-color page chapters have used their title pages as panels in the past such as the Kawanakajima case.
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
DCUniverseAficionado

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:Though we may get colored pages in File 1000—in which case, the file would actually be longer than 16 pages.
It depends on what chapters you are talking about, in the past there have been a few color spreads with no dialogue. My point was that a color spread is still effectively an enlarged single panel with usually no more than one dialogue bubble. Its not really that much extra content. Even non-color page chapters have used their title pages as panels in the past such as the Kawanakajima case.
And my point is that there is no 15 page DC file. It's 16 or more. Hence my questioning of referring to a DC file as 15 pages long.
ryndk

Post by ryndk »

when will the next file (994) come out?
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:And my point is that there is no 15 page DC file. It's 16 or more. Hence my questioning of referring to a DC file as 15 pages long.
Harping a bit too much on technicalities here, aren't we? Yes, technically every file has 16 pages, but effectively, there are only 15 pages in which stuff is happening.
ryndk wrote:when will the next file (994) come out?
May, 31. Spoilers will probably come around May, 26.
DCUniverseAficionado

Serinox wrote:
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:And my point is that there is no 15 page DC file. It's 16 or more. Hence my questioning of referring to a DC file as 15 pages long.
Harping a bit too much on technicalities here, aren't we? Yes, technically every file has 16 pages, but effectively, there are only 15 pages in which stuff is happening.
Yep. I have no response to offer, other than to say that you're 100% on the mark. In the end, I just prefer to think of DC files as 16 pages or more, and not 15 pages, and that's that. You wanna consider the cover pages a mere technicality that shouldn't be counted, and thus consider DC files to be 15 pages? That's your preference, and that's that.

I'm honestly surprised there wasn't a mod intervention by the second or third post about this. In hindsight, I either should've marked each of my posts about this with the off-topic overlay, or just had this conversation over PM. My apologies for not doing either.
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote: I'm honestly surprised there wasn't a mod intervention by the second or third post about this.
Well, Spimer and Kor are not bots so... :P
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

I've been keeping an eye on this but I thought the discussion would end soon...

Anyway, I don't see the point on arguing whether colored pages bring more content to the files.

Please keeps posts related to the file contents or plot speculation.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
DCUniverseAficionado

MeiTanteixX wrote:
DCUniverseAficionado wrote: I'm honestly surprised there wasn't a mod intervention by the second or third post about this.
Well, Spimer and Kor are not bots so... :P
No, but I have a history of being involved in off-topic derailments and even more so in linking mistakes, so I thought they'd shut this down earlier due to the (dare-I-say) stereotypical pedantry of the derailment I started, here.

Lesson learned—don't start a topic derailment due to (dare-I-say) stereotypical pedantry (i.e. (technical) number of pages and which ones "count"). :-[