Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-993

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
dccd

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-993

Post by dccd »

Themaninarmor wrote:This whole case is .... Below my expectation. It is not because my wrong deduction :D but seems like there were something missing... It is like a lot of thing half-assedly made. :(

Edit : and i have to wait with this bad taste for 3-4 weeks for new series!!
Totally agree.
Lets just hope Gosho will smash out some big clash of the whole Rum-arc-cast at a nice location (probably some big hotel since Mary is at one).
I would be in for a 7-parter too.
[ ] Yonehara = Rum
[ ] Kuroda = Amuros Boss
[x] MG = Mrs. Akai
[x] Haneda = Brother Akai
[ ] Rumi = Asaka
[ ] Wakita = Bo-Member Whiskey (aka the RAT)
[ ] Iori = just a butler
Shiromi

Post by Shiromi »

Is it just me, or is Goushou getting tired of writing Detective Conan, and is taking any excuse he can to write on other stories? Yaiba for this one, the big Heiji distraction, and now a huge long break for MK. It feels like he's getting burned out on DC.
My DC Fanfic: Awaking and Arising - Shiromi writes her version of the end of the series. With 100% more lesbians and immortal zombie boys. And existential crises. Lots of them.
Kogorou - A character study that seeks to answer the question: Why is Kogorou the way he is?
A Kindred Spirit - Sonoko and Makoto realize that they have more in common than previously realized.
DC Fanfic Rants

Betareading this fanfic: Deception
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

Doesn't feel like it to me, more like he wants to take profit of the occasion (30th year of his career) to pay homages to his other mangas.

Also to prove he hasn't forgotten MK and can still update it from time to time.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
Themaninarmor
It's not about me

Post by Themaninarmor »

yeah i agree with spimer.... But Gosho choose the wrong time to do that. :D
ran mamijo kun
katara kare anya masuno
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

Wrong time, really? It's not like Gosho really left us with a cliffhanger or anything; if 994-1000 really is a seven chapter case, I'd rather have MK before it rather than during it (which it probably would've been, since May 27 is Magic Kaito's birthday).
Themaninarmor
It's not about me

Post by Themaninarmor »

Well, if i can choose... I choose MK after file 1000. But it's not like i hate MK.

I hope the next case is worth waiting for.
ran mamijo kun
katara kare anya masuno
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Shiromi wrote:Is it just me, or is Goushou getting tired of writing Detective Conan, and is taking any excuse he can to write on other stories? Yaiba for this one, the big Heiji distraction, and now a huge long break for MK. It feels like he's getting burned out on DC.
Are you sure it's not you that's tired/burnt out with DC? You wouldn't be anywhere near alone in that, and I can't see it being anywhere near an unpopular view on this forum—in fact, I'd say it's one of the most popular ones to have (popular to the point of it going without saying, even). Yes, it'd certainly be the ultimate vindication for Gosho to admit/for it to be revealed that he's tired of/burned out with DC—and it would then lead to further vindication, with Gosho getting blasted for being a greedy cynic who cares neither about artistic integrity nor quality, and with said greedy cynicism being revealed (as some believed) as the true reason this series is still going (irrespective of the editors and Shogakukan's desire to keep the series going). Otherwise, they'll say it's just the case that Gosho is a creator whose talent peaked and that they can't believe that he doesn't see that and end the series to avoid stagnation—that they can't understand why he'd even tolerate (let alone enjoy) years to decades of what is the same, status-quo-is-god/the snail's pace of snail's pace/neither original nor well-executed stuff that they didn't come to DC for.

In the end, I'm just concerned that there seems to be a general lack of enjoyment/entertainment when it comes to current DC—it seems there's just abounding criticism of most of the new stuff (be that criticism about wasted potential or stuff that was never good to begin with), and criticism of the current handling of the old, well-liked stuff (be that criticism about repetition/lack of originality or about shoddy execution). I think it's a shame that I can enjoy it while others can't.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Shiromi wrote:Is it just me, or is Goushou getting tired of writing Detective Conan, and is taking any excuse he can to write on other stories? Yaiba for this one, the big Heiji distraction, and now a huge long break for MK. It feels like he's getting burned out on DC.
In the end, I'm just concerned that there seems to be a general lack of enjoyment/entertainment when it comes to current DC—it seems there's just abounding criticism of most of the new stuff (be that criticism about wasted potential or stuff that was never good to begin with), and criticism of the current handling of the old, well-liked stuff (be that criticism about repetition/lack of originality or about shoddy execution). I think it's a shame that I can enjoy it while others can't.
Some people have their own way of showing interest. In the end, they are still here in this community, regardless of the pessimistic image they spread around. I agree though that it's a shame that a good portion of DCTP forum shares that mentality and can hardly enjoy it.

Going back to the topic at hand, I'm excited for the upcoming MK chapters, but I'm mostly looking forward to what's to come after this break. Regardless of how long File-1000-case is, I think that File 1000 will be the moment shinichi returns, which shouldn't be the resolution of the case(if we take London as reference), so assuming it's a 6-7 long case, it should start after the upcoming case(File 994-996), meaning that the File-1000-case is File 997-1002(1003).
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

MeiTanteixX wrote:Some people have their own way of showing interest. In the end, they are still here in this community, regardless of the pessimistic image they spread around. I agree though that it's a shame that a good portion of DCTP forum shares that mentality and can hardly enjoy it.

Going back to the topic at hand, I'm excited for the upcoming MK chapters, but I'm mostly looking forward to what's to come after this break. Regardless of how long File-1000-case is, I think that File 1000 will be the moment shinichi returns, which shouldn't be the resolution of the case(if we take London as reference), so assuming it's a 6-7 long case, it should start after the upcoming case(File 994-996), meaning that the File-1000-case is File 997-1002(1003).
And I should respect that—I need to try better to avoid comments like the one I made earlier coming off as ones made by an offended fanboy who sees criticism as attack. That's one of the lessons I'm striving to learn on here. It'll be better for me and everyone else. So, Shiromi—please let me know if you think that my response was worthy of a stereotypical fanboy that went beyond criticism of an argument and went into a personal attack on you.

That's another thing I should've realized. So thanks for bringing me around, DCTP & co.

It would be appropriate—he hasn't done one of either in 5-6 years.

Though if we're taking Holmes' Revelation as a reference, that was the series' only 10-File case. While it would be also appropriate, now, to see even a case that long, it would probably need to start fairly soon, perhaps even with the next file.

Will there be a Clash of Red and Black-esque chain of stories orbiting and encompassing File 1000? I wouldn't say it's off the table, but it probably needs to start soon.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Tantei San
It's Complicated... It was...It is..And Will remain that way....!!

Post by Tantei San »

To be honest, in my opinion.. we need a good 5-6 file Black Organisation Case, to keep the momentum on going.. since it has been all love for the past couple of months... with just some hints at RUM, we need a serious BO case to counter all the boredom that people are having.

EDIT #1 Also, I would like one Shinichi X BO if that's how it goes.. !! Probably The BO attacks the school and Conan and Co. are there.. with Haibara's help somehow, Conan reverts back to Shinichi.. Sugoi !! That would be amazing !!
I like DC not DC as in D.C./A.C. but DC as in DCxMK...

Post by 1988 »

There's one thing that's apparent to me, though, Gosho has definitely lost some of his "case-creation" energy, you can tell that with the resolution of almost every recent case; the police can always find the culprit by themselves if they were given the chance to be try doing their work(contradicting the sole reason there's an entire clan of detectives in one city).
the case definitely had some hitch in its creation process though, but that's probably due to MK showing up(seemingly out of nowhere) and File 1000 landmark being closer than ever, in my opinion.
Spoiler:
It would be really sad if the next DC case is less than a 5 file-er. This case was supposed to have an extra file(a good hunk of deductions seem to be spontaneous(like the water bottle one), except for the culprit's which was HIGHLY unreasonable)
My guess: files 994-998 will be one big case. file 999 will be the introduction to 1000!
...he could pull up a one 3-files filler and make the last 3-files the intro for the 1000, though...
Last edited by 1988 on November 12th, 2017, 1:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
DCUniverseAficionado

1988 wrote:There's one thing that's apparent to me, though, Gosho has definitely lost some of his "case-creation" energy, you can tell that with the resolution of almost every recent case; the police can always find the culprit by themselves if they were given the chance to be try doing their work
(contradicting the sole reason there's an entire clan of detectives in one city).
That's a recent problem? Aren't the police always getting shown up by every self-professed detective/self-professed mystery lover except Kogoro?

And what does the police finding the culprit have to do with "'case-creation' energy?" In fact, why don't you explain what that term means? I'd rather hear your definition than take a guess.
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

Tantei San wrote:To be honest, in my opinion.. we need a good 5-6 file Black Organisation Case, to keep the momentum on going.. since it has been all love for the past couple of months... with just some hints at RUM, we need a serious BO case to counter all the boredom that people are having.
Though we still have to consider that we people here, some of us who might feel "boredom" with the series, are not the target demographic of the series really. The Japanese audience on average likes the romance aspects of the series much more from what I've seen swap over, plus with currently having a movie with romantic focus in cinemas, also having a love story in the manga is potentially beneficial in terms of synergy.
(Plus, Gosho already said that the story in and around #1000 will be a love comedy and I doubt that he will just throw in a random three chapter BO case between now and the story for #1000.)
1988 wrote:This case was supposed to have an extra file(a good hunk of deductions seem to be spontaneous(like the water bottle one), except for the culprit's which was HIGHLY unreasonable)
Disagree. You base this supposed extra file all on the fact that the deductions supposedly come too out of nowhere? Considering that all the hints for the solution were already layed out in the first three chapters, I doubt there was much more that an extra investigation chapter would've contributed to the case, let alone that there was one planned and then subsequently scrapped.
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

1988 wrote:There's one thing that's apparent to me, though, Gosho has definitely lost some of his "case-creation" energy, you can tell that with the resolution of almost every recent case; the police can always find the culprit by themselves if they were given the chance to be try doing their work(contradicting the sole reason there's an entire clan of detectives in one city).
the case definitely had some hitch in its creation process though, but that's probably due to MK showing up(seemingly out of nowhere) and File 1000 landmark being closer than ever, imo.
Spoiler:
It'd be really sad if the next DC case is less than a 5 file-er. This case was supposed to have an extra file(a good hunk of deductions seem to be spontaneous(like the water bottle one), except for the culprit's which was HIGHLY unreasonable)
My guess: files 994-998 will be one big case. file 999 will be the introduction to 1000!
...he could pull up a one 3-files filler and make the last 3-files the intro for the 1000, though...
Nothing is ever stopping the police from solving the cases, Conan just gathers the criminals before they get to the PD. That's how it's always been.
I like DC not DC as in D.C./A.C. but DC as in DCxMK...

Post by 1988 »

"losing case-creation energy" could be replaced with "the motivation that drives Gosho to make well-thought-of fillers rather than less-thought-of ones is dropping"
Well, I mostly watched the anime, but I remember a good amount of cases were impossible for the police to figure out without Kudo/Conan's help, hence why they used to say "he solves cases that not even the police can" but as of recent files(didn't do the math, sorry) a more casual inspection of suspects' belongings(on scene) would nab the culprit, But that could be disputed in many ways.
I probably shouldn't have sounded certain in my opinions when I was theorizing about Gosho's personal life ;D
Spoiler:
the exposition of the girlfriend/victim that Conan gave is a bit too theoretical, in my opinion. I mean, I'm not doubting Conan's mental abilities, but 'melting chocolate+missing drink bottle=girlfriend bought a warm drink, left in bag for a while, poisoned it...etc.' sounds a bit too jumpy for me.
what's bothering me is that there's no basis(as far as I can see) to all the reasoning that Conan/Heiji had done, the culprit's cornering was purely depending on random chance with his choice of weapon. If Culprit had used any smaller weapon that could be disposed of in the restroom(just by a random chance) then he would not have been caught at all ;) but that's just me comparing reality to fiction
I was thinking that file 999 could be used as introduction to whatever might happen on the 1000(marketing technique?), kind of like those casual pre-movie anime episodes, ya know.
Last edited by 1988 on November 12th, 2017, 1:53 am, edited 4 times in total.