Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-993

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Phantom-Of-Baker-St

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 990-99X

Post by Phantom-Of-Baker-St »

Spoiler:
GUYS !!!! Apparently it is confirmed Shinichi will appear in file 1000 !!!!
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

@Phantom-Of-Baker-St

Yes, it's pretty much confirmed by recent New Year Cards replies that Aoyama has been replying to.

But that's off-topic because this thread is to discuss the newest case, that should go in "Postcard and Animal crossing" thread.

Please limit your comments to the current thread.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
APTX-1412

Post by APTX-1412 »

Spoiler:
I think we may understand this case well if we checked the japanese dialects (kansai,..) since Aoyama used to draw cases that are based on the japanese culture and language (like dakuten, kansai dialect,... in chapters 658, 778, 966, ...)
we may find something if we compared what the old man said ( like カッターナイフ which means cutter knife) with terms used in kansai or kyoto dialects or in kendo (equipement and clothing).
Themaninarmor
It's not about me

Post by Themaninarmor »

Spoiler: my thoughts about the case
i think the one which old man (victim) was talking to in the phone was Nurimura (other reffere which brought the "shinai!?"). From the conversation between the culprit and the victim before the murder (something about "not doing it now" and "didn't want to hurt the lawn", it seems the victim wanted to have some sparring match with someone (it could be the culprit or Nurimura).
But i think he isn't the culprit. My reason is his suit.

As for the woman, she is the most possible culprit. she brought a bag, wearing shirt, have the biggest motive, but it's too easy if she is the culprit and also she use her left hand when taking a selfie with victim and when opening the door (well.... it's still uncertain because, she was forced to use her left hand because her possition and the door position too).

As for my main suspect for NOW, i think the man wearing the glasses is the suspicious one. At least until the next chapter.

Oh yeah about the drug... Is it a doping? But i think what nurimura said about the victim late ruling have conection with the motive and tje drug.
ran mamijo kun
katara kare anya masuno
RucyL

Post by RucyL »

APTX-1412 wrote:
Spoiler:
I think we may understand this case well if we checked the japanese dialects (kansai,..) since Aoyama used to draw cases that are based on the japanese culture and language (like dakuten, kansai dialect,... in chapters 658, 778, 966, ...)
we may find something if we compared what the old man said ( like カッターナイフ which means cutter knife) with terms used in kansai or kyoto dialects or in kendo (equipement and clothing).
Spoiler:
After you said that it came to my mind, but I can be wrong...
カッターナイフ -> The first part sounds a bit like "katana", sword in japanese.
What is a "katana ifu"? no idea, but as the katana DID get stained by blood, it makes sense.
"A true lady leaves no puzzle unsolved."
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

Spoiler:
This case is happening in Tokyo, and the referee wasn't speaking Kansai-ben so I don't think it's got to do with dialects this time around.

Either the old man misheard him or the referee actually meant something else.
APTX-1412

Post by APTX-1412 »

Spimer wrote:
Spoiler:
This case is happening in Tokyo, and the referee wasn't speaking Kansai-ben so I don't think it's got to do with dialects this time around.

Either the old man misheard him or the referee actually meant something else.
Spoiler:
Sorry for the inconvenience, but the case in chapters 778-780 also occured in tokyo and the culprit was hiding the fact that he is actually from osaka, so it may be the same in this case and we have in addition to that some people who speak kyoto dialect.
as for the word mis-heard by the old man (カッターナイフ), the second part ナイフ may means someting that a kendo player would wear, and that would make sense if we place it in the words of the old man.
RucyL

Post by RucyL »

Spoiler:
I did looked up a bit this thing about instead of カッターナイフ, what was said was 刀(かたな) いふ, but ifu can mean many things (as every othe japanese word), from "fear" to "different father", so it could be anything.
But google translator makes a funny thing, it just changes the verb tense. It translates the sentence without ifu as "The sword got soiled with blood and could not cut, so (...)" and the one with ifu as "Because the sword has got dirty with blood and can not cut, (...)". I know that I can't trust this translations, so, can anyone confirm if it's true? Because if it is, I think we got the thing that the old man heard. :)
"A true lady leaves no puzzle unsolved."
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

File 992 spoilers are out

Please do not post any links to sites having more than 8 pages leaked
Spoiler:
I haven't seen whole leak yet but I was able to gather following info

. Sato agrees to not cancel tournament if they can solve case in time (and stops an attempt by both Heiji and Okita to start a fight there)
. Old man says that the victim spoke kansai-ben
. Heiji figures something out and mentions that the victim's wife was bringing spare clothes because the victim had apparently asked her to do so before the murder.
. Conan isn't sure how both are related but Heiji inwardly thinks that this time around it's his victory
. Next issue is resolution
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

Spoiler:
So, "shirt"/clothing was mistaken for "box cutter", due to a misunderstanding of a Kansai-ben wording, and Nukitani was actually calling his wife to bring him new clothes, since his shirt got bloody(as seen in File 990)?
...If that's the case, then so much for the mystery :P
so Ned was right in the end.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Spimer wrote:Please do not post any links to sites having more than 8 pages leaked
There are only 4 pages of 992 out, but given my history of error in this regard on DCTP, I will instead direct people to DCTP's Spoiler Box, where a link to the 992 spoiler pics have been posted (can I link to that, or is that a no go?).
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

I didn't know how many pages were leaked, and despite that there's only 4 of them leaked, I nevertheless think it's better direct people to the spoiler box just to be son the safe side.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Spimer wrote:I didn't know how many pages were leaked, and despite that there's only 4 of them leaked, I nevertheless think it's better direct people to the spoiler box just to be son the safe side.
So you and the other mods (unless they say otherwise) would have no problem if I provided a direct link to the DCTP spoiler box?
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

Hum, just in case I wouldn't put a link. If anyone wants to search for them they will be able to find them on their own, I'd say.
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Spimer wrote:If anyone wants to search for them they will be able to find them on their own, I'd say.
This.

It should be known by now even to casuals and lurkers where to find this stuff. The spoiler cbox is part of the DCTP website, so that shouldn't be difficult to find. Otherwise, a simple google search will yield results as well.