Discussion thread: Detective Conan 987-989

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
k11chi

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 987-989

Post by k11chi »

Might as well be a Kid case next.
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

At the end it says "Next issue, new series where swordsman appears!!".

I'm going to go with Heiji. Would make sense to promote movie 21 too.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Wakarimashita wrote:At the end it says "Next issue, new series where swordsman appears!!".

It'd be the third case with him in it in the span of a year—a very uncommon occurrence, to be sure, but understandable, considering he's going to be in the movie (which this case is going to come very close to, if not coincide with, depending on its length), and it's going to be more like Movie 7 than Movies 10, 14 and 17 (in terms of Heiji's role in it).

The Curse of the Nue (April–June 2016)
Killing Time at Café Poirot (December 2016)
Next Case...? (March–April 2017)
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Max1996

Post by Max1996 »

I just saw the spoiler pics and it looks like jimmy is right on the mark.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Max1996 wrote:I just saw the spoiler pics and it looks like jimmy is right on the mark.
Spoiler:
And then the exposed culprit went and pulled an Ikkaku Rock (664–666/542–543)... and it worked out for him as well as it did for the other guy...

“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

Wakarimashita wrote:At the end it says "Next issue, new series where swordsman appears!!".

Samurai Detective Samonji...
The first guy that came to mind.
Someone, shoot me if Gosho makes him a Rum suspect(or makes Conan think about it) due to his detective role's appearance.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

Someone on Tumblr suggested this guy :

I guess it would be consistent with the Momiji girl since he's from Kyôto.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

So... the alternatives for the next case's "swordsman" are:
Image Image Image
I'm going with either Samonji or Okita.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Image Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

I doubt that Okita would appear without any Heiji involvement, so really, the Okita choice is also the Heiji choice.
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

Serinox wrote:I doubt that Okita would appear without any Heiji involvement, so really, the Okita choice is also the Heiji choice.
True.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image Image
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

Has to be Heiji or maybe even 3 chap short case and then long.
Tantei San
It's Complicated... It was...It is..And Will remain that way....!!

Post by Tantei San »

Wakarimashita wrote:Someone on Tumblr suggested this guy :

Is that Shinichi crossed with Heiji?? :P :P ;D
Unlucky Devil

Post by Unlucky Devil »

Spoiler:
That thing in the last panel, in Rumi's pocket seems to be like a box with a rod IMO. Could it be a walkie talkie? A transmitter? She clutched it when the character introductions started. It seems highly unlikely, but could she be communicating with someone in the vicinity? Mary? Rum? Someone else, idk who?
Also, initially the spat between Rumi and the "big one-eyed man" (LOL) seemed like they were being hostile as they perceived each other as a threat - maybe Rumi was suspecting he came to find her because of her name resemblance, and Kuroda suspected she was connected to the BO or the case from 17 years ago. At the end, Kuroda seems more or less grateful to Rumi for saving Ayumi, and somewhat trusts her? I dunno.
Also, Haibara seems to ignore her earlier suspicion and also her BO trigger sense because of her saving Ayumi. Which is strange. If Gosho wanted us to suspect Rumi, this is where it would have been the right place to do so. Why complicate things? Because he is Gosho? :P Yeah, that's it.
Last edited by Unlucky Devil on February 26th, 2017, 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tantei San
It's Complicated... It was...It is..And Will remain that way....!!

Post by Tantei San »

Unlucky Devil wrote:
Spoiler:
That thing in the last panel, in Rumi's pocket seems to be like a box with a rod IMO. Could it be a walkie talkie? A transmitter? She clutched it when the character introductions started. It seems highly unlikely, but could she be communicating with someone in the vicinity? Mary? Rum? Someone else, idk who?
Also, initially the spat between Rumi and the "big one-eyed man" (LOL) seemed like they were being hostile as they perceived each other as a threat - maybe Rumi was suspecting he came to find her because of her name resemblance, and Kuroda suspected she was connected to the BO or the case from 17 years ago. At the end, Kuroda seems more or less grateful to Rumi for saving Ayumi, and somewhat trusts her? I dunno.
Also, Haibara seems to ignore her earlier suspicion and also her BO trigger sense because of her saving Ayumi. Which is strange. If Gosho wanted us to suspect Rumi, this is where it would have been the right place to do so. Why complicate things? Because he is Gosho? :P Yeah, that's it.
Spoiler:
Courtesy:- Spoiler Cbox
According to one of the user's there, he speculated that the "Thing" in Rumi's pant was actually a Shogi Piece and not a transmitter and tbh, I think that it was the Piece, because it gives a "^" part a hint that it was a piece she keeps as a momenta of Kohji , if, she is related to him in anyway.
ATEM

Post by ATEM »

Wakarimashita wrote:Someone on Tumblr suggested this guy :

When I first read that that case I thought this character is going to be a main one he was really interesting , he didn't appear personally in that case and that made him more interesting I waited for him to appear in heiji cases for a while after that then I thought that I exaggerated and forgot about him
I f he appears sure he we will have play a very important role
Last edited by ATEM on February 27th, 2017, 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.