Discussion thread: Detective Conan 987-989

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Absenta
Posts: 54

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 987-989

Postby Absenta » March 5th, 2017, 4:05 pm

MeiTanteixX wrote:
Absenta wrote:As MeiTanteiXX stated in the RUM arc post it is very possible that Rumi was Kohji´s bodyguard and at the same time, had a sentimental relationship with him. Amanda couldn´t rely in BO, either FBI or CIA (it is very possible that RUM could be infiltrated in CIA or FBI , makes sense because normally is the good side that have people infiltrated in the BO.


Cross "Rumi" and change it to "Asaka". I never mentioned Rumi in the "Kohji case" discussion post, or the rest that wasn't highlighted here.

At this point, I fully doubt Tsutomu is a bad guy, nonetheless Rum.


Yes, sorry, your post summarized really well the case but I commented in this post that talks about Rumi and I made the mistake. I just was starting my theory from the point that ASACA could be Kohji´s bodyguard as you stated.

Well, I don´t know why people don´t take Tsutomu as a Rum suspect. For me it´s far more probable than Kuroda, Wakita, Rumi or Iori Muga.
Tsutomu Akai is a key character, I would love to give him that relevance in the story, after all Rum is the second in command in BO. I don´t mind if he is a bad guy, just makes the story more interesting, specially the Akai family stuff.


One thing I think for sure is that BO has members infiltrated in FBI and CIA, why not Rum¿?
Themaninarmor
User avatar

It's not about me

Posts: 169

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 987-989

Postby Themaninarmor » March 6th, 2017, 7:09 pm

Absenta wrote:One thing I think for sure is that BO has members infiltrated in FBI and CIA, why not Rum¿?


you mean tsutomu is BO member/Rum who infiltrate the FBI/CIA? well.... It's hard to believe it especially because Tsutomu is Akai's role model and he was the reason for akai joined FBI. ohh.. if i remember it correctly, Akai said that Tsutomu went missing while Tsutomu was investigating kohji's murder case too.

If there is conection between shukichi choose haneda for his name and the reason Tsutomu involved in that case. We can say that Haneda was someone close to Akai family maybe their relative and Tsutomu was investigating that case for his sake or haneda family.

Then what you said is still hard for me to believe but i can't deny that what you said still have possibilities.

oh btw... about haneda is akai's family relative.. i remember somewhere in manga that Sera said something like shukichi was adopted by their relative!? anyone know in which file? Or it was just my imagination? ;D
130177130179417
ran mamijo kun
katara kare anya masuno
Incomplete-tantei
User avatar

"No Pain, No Gain."

Posts: 359

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 987-989

Postby Incomplete-tantei » March 7th, 2017, 12:47 pm

I don't know if it was mentioned and I'm sorry if it was, but if Wakasa's right eye can't see and it is an artificial eye, how can she cry from her right eye ? She is not supposed to feel anything from her right eye right? Just like when she goes into freak mode, only her left eye is shown being "murderous".

After Ayumi's saved you can see a little tear from her right eye.
Serinox
User avatar
Posts: 528

Contact:

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 987-989

Postby Serinox » March 7th, 2017, 12:56 pm

The tear production is in the eyelids, so having a prosthesis will allow normal tear production and tear flow, as long as the tear ducts are not damaged.
Filipino_4869
User avatar
Posts: 23

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 987-989

Postby Filipino_4869 » March 8th, 2017, 8:50 pm

Regarding Haibara's statement to Conan...

Spoiler:
When Haibara said, "I like Wakasa-sensei. So don't speak ill of her," it interestingly mirrors Conan's earlier statement that there is no way a Sherlockian (Subaru Okiya) could be a bad person. What if just like Conan and Subaru has a common interest (Sherlock Holmes), Haibara and Rumi also has a common interest?

If the object inside Rumi's pant pocket is indeed the fragment of the hand-mirror and if Haibara also deduced that while looking at Rumi's pocket, what comes to my mind is what Haibara said while she and Conan were reading the "Kohji website" - "There is a famous cosmetic company, which along with their products, also gives out small mirrors... My sister had one of those, which originally belonged to my mother."

With this, I thought of some possibilities:
1. Haibara might have remembered the shape of the hand-mirror's missing fragment and found it identical with Rumi's mystery object.
2. Haibara would then realize Rumi might be Asaka (the missing bodyguard) who was known to be a woman because of a hand-mirror.
3. Haibara would see Rumi as the owner of a hand-mirror (by the same cosmetic company) her mother and sister also patronize.

This might seem too far-fetched because it would appear Haibara deduced all of these before Conan does. But still, those were just my ideas! What d'ya say? :)
Unlucky Devil
Posts: 13

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 987-989

Postby Unlucky Devil » March 16th, 2017, 11:40 am

Filipino_4869 wrote:Regarding Haibara's statement to Conan...

Spoiler:
When Haibara said, "I like Wakasa-sensei. So don't speak ill of her," it interestingly mirrors Conan's earlier statement that there is no way a Sherlockian (Subaru Okiya) could be a bad person. What if just like Conan and Subaru has a common interest (Sherlock Holmes), Haibara and Rumi also has a common interest?

If the object inside Rumi's pant pocket is indeed the fragment of the hand-mirror and if Haibara also deduced that while looking at Rumi's pocket, what comes to my mind is what Haibara said while she and Conan were reading the "Kohji website" - "There is a famous cosmetic company, which along with their products, also gives out small mirrors... My sister had one of those, which originally belonged to my mother."

With this, I thought of some possibilities:
1. Haibara might have remembered the shape of the hand-mirror's missing fragment and found it identical with Rumi's mystery object.
2. Haibara would then realize Rumi might be Asaka (the missing bodyguard) who was known to be a woman because of a hand-mirror.
3. Haibara would see Rumi as the owner of a hand-mirror (by the same cosmetic company) her mother and sister also patronize.

This might seem too far-fetched because it would appear Haibara deduced all of these before Conan does. But still, those were just my ideas! What d'ya say? :)

Spoiler:
I can definitely see how it is possible that Haibara likes Rumi because of a similar interest, but honestly though - a fragment of a hand mirror? Not only is that a ceepy thing to be carrying around, (even if it is reminiscent of someone close to her, she could hurt herself if that's in her pocket) but it would have made sense if it were the hand mirror itself, not a fragment of it. Also, Haibara noticed (and was alarmed) at her not being able to see from one eye, and at her BO sense triggering in her presence, and she is quite practical. She must have noticed something between the moment of her seeing Rumi's eyes and to the end of the chapter to make her change her mind. I guess her role in saving Ayumi might be a factor, but here's gotta be more. Something seems to be off or missing from the information given to us.
jimmy_kud0_tv2
User avatar
Posts: 715

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 987-989

Postby jimmy_kud0_tv2 » March 16th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Unlucky Devil wrote:
Filipino_4869 wrote:Regarding Haibara's statement to Conan...

Spoiler:
When Haibara said, "I like Wakasa-sensei. So don't speak ill of her," it interestingly mirrors Conan's earlier statement that there is no way a Sherlockian (Subaru Okiya) could be a bad person. What if just like Conan and Subaru has a common interest (Sherlock Holmes), Haibara and Rumi also has a common interest?

If the object inside Rumi's pant pocket is indeed the fragment of the hand-mirror and if Haibara also deduced that while looking at Rumi's pocket, what comes to my mind is what Haibara said while she and Conan were reading the "Kohji website" - "There is a famous cosmetic company, which along with their products, also gives out small mirrors... My sister had one of those, which originally belonged to my mother."

With this, I thought of some possibilities:
1. Haibara might have remembered the shape of the hand-mirror's missing fragment and found it identical with Rumi's mystery object.
2. Haibara would then realize Rumi might be Asaka (the missing bodyguard) who was known to be a woman because of a hand-mirror.
3. Haibara would see Rumi as the owner of a hand-mirror (by the same cosmetic company) her mother and sister also patronize.

This might seem too far-fetched because it would appear Haibara deduced all of these before Conan does. But still, those were just my ideas! What d'ya say? :)

Spoiler:
I can definitely see how it is possible that Haibara likes Rumi because of a similar interest, but honestly though - a fragment of a hand mirror? Not only is that a ceepy thing to be carrying around, (even if it is reminiscent of someone close to her, she could hurt herself if that's in her pocket) but it would have made sense if it were the hand mirror itself, not a fragment of it. Also, Haibara noticed (and was alarmed) at her not being able to see from one eye, and at her BO sense triggering in her presence, and she is quite practical. She must have noticed something between the moment of her seeing Rumi's eyes and to the end of the chapter to make her change her mind. I guess her role in saving Ayumi might be a factor, but here's gotta be more. Something seems to be off or missing from the information given to us.


Spoiler:
Or she simply realizes that Rumi is/was a BO agent, but not one that is a danger to her. For example there must have been other people that worked on the pharmaceutical side of things that would be only interested in developing the dream drug that they originally thought they were trying to develop, that would not be capable of really being that dangerous to others. She could simply think that Rumi might be someone like that, who was a part of the BO who aren't a threat to others because Haibara doesn't realize how good of a fighter that she is and simply thinks that its all luck that everything seems to turn out ok when she is around.
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
Max1996
User avatar
Posts: 415

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 987-989

Postby Max1996 » March 17th, 2017, 5:18 am

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Unlucky Devil wrote:
Filipino_4869 wrote:Regarding Haibara's statement to Conan...

Spoiler:
When Haibara said, "I like Wakasa-sensei. So don't speak ill of her," it interestingly mirrors Conan's earlier statement that there is no way a Sherlockian (Subaru Okiya) could be a bad person. What if just like Conan and Subaru has a common interest (Sherlock Holmes), Haibara and Rumi also has a common interest?

If the object inside Rumi's pant pocket is indeed the fragment of the hand-mirror and if Haibara also deduced that while looking at Rumi's pocket, what comes to my mind is what Haibara said while she and Conan were reading the "Kohji website" - "There is a famous cosmetic company, which along with their products, also gives out small mirrors... My sister had one of those, which originally belonged to my mother."

With this, I thought of some possibilities:
1. Haibara might have remembered the shape of the hand-mirror's missing fragment and found it identical with Rumi's mystery object.
2. Haibara would then realize Rumi might be Asaka (the missing bodyguard) who was known to be a woman because of a hand-mirror.
3. Haibara would see Rumi as the owner of a hand-mirror (by the same cosmetic company) her mother and sister also patronize.

This might seem too far-fetched because it would appear Haibara deduced all of these before Conan does. But still, those were just my ideas! What d'ya say? :)

Spoiler:
I can definitely see how it is possible that Haibara likes Rumi because of a similar interest, but honestly though - a fragment of a hand mirror? Not only is that a ceepy thing to be carrying around, (even if it is reminiscent of someone close to her, she could hurt herself if that's in her pocket) but it would have made sense if it were the hand mirror itself, not a fragment of it. Also, Haibara noticed (and was alarmed) at her not being able to see from one eye, and at her BO sense triggering in her presence, and she is quite practical. She must have noticed something between the moment of her seeing Rumi's eyes and to the end of the chapter to make her change her mind. I guess her role in saving Ayumi might be a factor, but here's gotta be more. Something seems to be off or missing from the information given to us.


Spoiler:
Or she simply realizes that Rumi is/was a BO agent, but not one that is a danger to her. For example there must have been other people that worked on the pharmaceutical side of things that would be only interested in developing the dream drug that they originally thought they were trying to develop, that would not be capable of really being that dangerous to others. She could simply think that Rumi might be someone like that, who was a part of the BO who aren't a threat to others because Haibara doesn't realize how good of a fighter that she is and simply thinks that its all luck that everything seems to turn out ok when she is around.


Spoiler:
Considering how scared Ashizawa was when Rumi approached him, I doubt Haibara would think Rumi was not a danger at all.
AkaiMoroboshi
User avatar
Posts: 8

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 987-989

Postby AkaiMoroboshi » March 17th, 2017, 5:33 am

Well, I think that Gosho wants us to think that Rumi is a bad person.

Remember when Okiya scared the culprit as well, similar to how Rumi did? In the Ikakku Rock case?

Okiya used a psychological method to distract the culprit, it's the same thing that Rumi did, isn't it?
Last edited by Spimer on March 17th, 2017, 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Improved the wording to make it easier to understand.
"Fear of death is worse than death itself."

Image
MeiTanteixX
User avatar
Posts: 1181

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 987-989

Postby MeiTanteixX » March 17th, 2017, 6:16 am

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Spoiler:
Or she simply realizes that Rumi is/was a BO agent, but not one that is a danger to her. For example there must have been other people that worked on the pharmaceutical side of things that would be only interested in developing the dream drug that they originally thought they were trying to develop, that would not be capable of really being that dangerous to others. She could simply think that Rumi might be someone like that, who was a part of the BO who aren't a threat to others because Haibara doesn't realize how good of a fighter that she is and simply thinks that its all luck that everything seems to turn out ok when she is around.

Agreed. To me, it looked more like a development on Haibara's part and how she made an emotional judgement, rather than instinctive. Through out File 989, that scene with Rumi approaching the culprit(with the intent to save Ayumi) and her display of affection at the end, was the only thing that could have been the reason to her sudden change of heart(if we judge objectively).
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Image
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
ryndk
User avatar
Posts: 9

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 987-989

Postby ryndk » March 17th, 2017, 6:31 am

any news about when will file 990 come out?
Spimer
Moderator
User avatar

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Posts: 895

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 987-989

Postby Spimer » March 17th, 2017, 6:37 am

Official release is next Wednesday.

Spoilers are out and a summary in the respective thread of this board.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
nzanon
User avatar
Posts: 3

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 987-989

Postby nzanon » October 11th, 2017, 5:58 am

I know this is an old thread, but I have just read through the Burning Tent Murder Case and the rescue scene caught my eye...
Spoiler:
Image
Image

As some have mentioned, this is very similar to the Ikkaku Rock Case in Volume 64. Ayumi gets held at knifepoint (again), Conan's left his weapons in his tent, then all of a sudden...
Spoiler:
Image
Image

I was struck by the completely different reactions Haibara had to "Okiya as rescuer" and "Rumi as rescuer". Even though the scenarios are almost identical, her reactions are so different. Okiya strongly triggered her BO sense (and we know he was BO in the past), and yet when Rumi did exactly the same thing (with an even scarier expression), there was no BO smell.

I think that means Rumi was never a BO member, and the "BO smell" that Haibara sensed earlier (when the prosthetic eyes were mentioned and everyone was tense) was coming from Kuroda Hyoue in the tent behind them. Haibara's BO sense doesn't have good GPS detection - e.g. on the Bell Tree Express, Haibara thought Sera Masumi was from the BO, but the smell was actually coming from Skar Akai behind her and around the corner.

Sorry, I'm new to this forum so I'm not sure whether the pictures are too big.
Last edited by nzanon on October 24th, 2017, 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[ ] Katsumata = Rum
[ ] Kuroda = Tsutomu / MI6 / previous BO member
[ ] Rumi = Asaka / Kouji's wife / Kuroda's ex-teammate
[ ] Wakita = Amuro's mentor in Secret Service / currently protecting Kogoro
[x] Mary = Akai mother
[x] Shuuichi = Akai brother
[ ] Iori = Just a butler
Spimer
Moderator
User avatar

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Posts: 895

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 987-989

Postby Spimer » October 12th, 2017, 5:23 am

Welcome to the forums!

Maybe it would be better if you enclosed them in spoilers boxes, yes.

We know the radar can go and off depending on the person's behavior: in Subaru's debut case she felt it as Subaru and the suspects walked over to the group but then it stopped all of a sudden.

She didn't feel Bourbon in the MT because of Vermouth's far more intimidating pressure.

So her "radar" isn't 100% reliable since she didn't feel Vermouth or Bourbon in the shrine case: when asked by Conan she says that since the BO presumably believe her dead she's stopped being on the lookout.

So it's possible that depending on Rumi's behavior it can go on or off: she didn't react when she met Kuroda when the blogger murder case either.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

cron