Discussion thread: Detective Conan 987-989

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Tantei San
User avatar

It's Complicated... It was...It is..And Will remain that way....!!

Posts: 315

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 987-98X

Postby Tantei San » February 16th, 2017, 1:26 pm

ring_do wrote:From the look at Rumi's expression, It's unlikely that she and Kuroda are apprentice but they definitely know each other. Conan's real identity is at risk because almost everyone connected to the BO know he is not a normal child and they are likely to deduce that he is not a child. I mean Sera and her family, Bourbon, Kir, Vermouth, Kansuke, the FBI and now Kuroda and Rumi. They're going to find out eventually but why still Ran doesn't know. Gosho made all these characters know or at least suspect but yet Ran doesn't know. perhaps it's because she's kogoro's daughter and she inherited his stupidity ahahah.


Yes they definitely know each other.
I don't think conan's identity is at risk, all they know that this kid is highly advanced etc. Only people to know about him are his parents, agasa, haibara, heiji, akai, vermouth.
They might find out but i can't see it happening until the end of rum arc. nope!
Also, why ran didn't deduce conan's identity, well, she is aware that conan is not ordinary and resembles a lot to shinichi so sooner or later she may or in the end eventually.
ring_do
User avatar
Posts: 4

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 987-98X

Postby ring_do » February 16th, 2017, 1:30 pm

Serinox wrote:Conan may be in danger of becoming a target, but still, his identity is not really at stake. The only person who might deduce it at this point are Bourbon and Jodie, but well, they are allies anyway, so that doesn't change much. Don't forget, shrinking is not really a concept that a person would think and even if they might, their first reaction will probably be like Heiji's - "Nah, that's nonsense." So, unless Kuroda or Kansuke suddenly have a reason to believe in shrinking like Akai or Masumi, I doubt they would make the connection. There isn't even anything to indicate that they know who Shinichi Kudo is.


Kuroda as a Superintendent in the HQ, I think he might heard about Shinichi as he helped the police so often before he was shrunken. It's easy as long as they investigate the sounding of the Mouri family specifically Ran as she is Shinichi's classmate and always with him. But you are right about your point about the reality of him being shrunken into a child.
Tantei San
User avatar

It's Complicated... It was...It is..And Will remain that way....!!

Posts: 315

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 987-98X

Postby Tantei San » February 16th, 2017, 1:38 pm

ring_do wrote:
Serinox wrote:Conan may be in danger of becoming a target, but still, his identity is not really at stake. The only person who might deduce it at this point are Bourbon and Jodie, but well, they are allies anyway, so that doesn't change much. Don't forget, shrinking is not really a concept that a person would think and even if they might, their first reaction will probably be like Heiji's - "Nah, that's nonsense." So, unless Kuroda or Kansuke suddenly have a reason to believe in shrinking like Akai or Masumi, I doubt they would make the connection. There isn't even anything to indicate that they know who Shinichi Kudo is.


Kuroda as a Superintendent in the HQ, I think he might heard about Shinichi as he helped the police so often before he was shrunken. It's easy as long as they investigate the sounding of the Mouri family specifically Ran as she is Shinichi's classmate and always with him. But you are right about your point about the reality of him being shrunken into a child.


Kuroda came back some time back and I don't think he would suddenly think about shinichi just like that, though he is after both conan and rumi.
Themaninarmor
User avatar

It's not about me

Posts: 169

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 987-98X

Postby Themaninarmor » February 16th, 2017, 11:47 pm

ATEM wrote:
Spoiler:
does shiratori seem suspicious here or it is just me !!


;D me too... somehow he just want to tell about rumi and conan in the first place. ;)
130177130179417
ran mamijo kun
katara kare anya masuno
dccd
User avatar
Posts: 124

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 987-98X

Postby dccd » February 17th, 2017, 3:04 am

Spoiler:
Looking at the cover... Gosho will make Conan finally realize which handicaps (judging distance and stuff) an one eyed person has
and which behaviour we should expect.
Judging by the spoilerpics, he´s using Rumi do demonstrate this behaviour.

I might be wrong but:
To me this is a well planed red herring by Gosho.
The reader has to think "This is how a one eyed person behave" -> being sloppy due to lack of judging distance.
But the key point is, that a one eyed person gets used to his situation after time.

The prove to this statement is everybodys statement in the real world: Just ask some one eyed people.
The prove to this statement in the manga is even simpler: Kuroda.
Kuroda obviously has only one functionable eye - and he isnt slopply or shows lack of judging disctances at all.
He acts completely normal.

So imo this chapter is there to show us - since I doubt that either one of them is Rum - exactly this:
Look for someone who acts as normal as others.
So anybody besides Rumi might be Rum. Nice!
[ ] Yonehara = Rum
[ ] Kuroda = Amuros Boss
[x] MG = Mrs. Akai
[x] Haneda = Brother Akai
[ ] Rumi = Asaka
[ ] Wakita = Bo-Member Whiskey
[ ] Iori = just a butler
Kor
Moderator
Posts: 2894

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 987-98X

Postby Kor » February 17th, 2017, 3:26 am

@DCU

Reminder for the third (fourth?) time to not link to a place with pics if it includes so many pics.
Image
DCUniverseAficionado
User avatar

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Posts: 1381

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 987-98X

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » February 17th, 2017, 9:15 am

Kor wrote:@DCU

Reminder for the third (fourth?) time to not link to a place with pics if it includes so many pics.


Off Topic
Ah, so 7 is too much? I did so because I thought that less than half a file/8 pages was fine... my mistake, then. I do recall linking to 5 spoiler pics and this not happening, so I'll just stick with linking to 5, maximum—if it's anything over that, I'll avoid actual linking and just stick with a mention.


On a note more relevant to the file, itself (as opposed to what probably comes off as continual incompetence, on my part, in relation to linking to the spoiler pics of files)...

Spoiler:
After 364 Files, let's welcome back Inspector Yuminaga! ;D
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Unlucky Devil
Posts: 13

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 987-98X

Postby Unlucky Devil » February 17th, 2017, 10:47 am

dccd wrote:
Spoiler:
Looking at the cover... Gosho will make Conan finally realize which handicaps (judging distance and stuff) an one eyed person has
and which behaviour we should expect.
Judging by the spoilerpics, he´s using Rumi do demonstrate this behaviour.

I might be wrong but:
To me this is a well planed red herring by Gosho.
The reader has to think "This is how a one eyed person behave" -> being sloppy due to lack of judging distance.
But the key point is, that a one eyed person gets used to his situation after time.

The prove to this statement is everybodys statement in the real world: Just ask some one eyed people.
The prove to this statement in the manga is even simpler: Kuroda.
Kuroda obviously has only one functionable eye - and he isnt slopply or shows lack of judging disctances at all.
He acts completely normal.

So imo this chapter is there to show us - since I doubt that either one of them is Rum - exactly this:
Look for someone who acts as normal as others.
So anybody besides Rumi might be Rum. Nice!

Spoiler:
If misjudging distances is a handicap of a one eyed person, I'd say Rumi sure comes to mind. Her always being so clumsy may be due to a damaged or prosthetic eye. Even in the flashbacks that Conan had, he remembered one of Rumi banging her head on the table. So, this may be a valid reason behind her gripping her trousers in that scene - she was annoyed at the person who damaged another one's eye for such a reason. So, is it safe to assume Rumi has a fake eye, or is it another red herring?

Kuroda wants to investigate the Robbery Case, and the only one from "a few weeks ago" was the one with our third Rum suspect - Wakita.
About Kuroda's words - "That's not like that person at all.", I can see how it may sound like he was talking about Rumi. But, assuming he wanted someone (Wakita?) to investigate Rumi and since it wasn't like that person who he would normally send for this, he had to go himself.

Also, Shiho's BO sense was triggered with Gosho directly indicating to Rumi. So, that clear her off the BO (Rum) list IMO. Because Gosho is cryptic about BO sense clues.
Themaninarmor
User avatar

It's not about me

Posts: 169

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 987-98X

Postby Themaninarmor » February 18th, 2017, 3:56 am

Shiho's BO sense... Well we still don't know how exactly that thing works... Maybe she just fell some kind of pressure behind her...
130177130179417
ran mamijo kun
katara kare anya masuno
estuputri
Posts: 43

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 987-98X

Postby estuputri » February 18th, 2017, 10:18 am

Spoiler:
Well, I still didn't think that Rumi is BO.
Since Conan think Rumi always make him get into the case, maybe she only need help to resolve the case.
And I don't think BO will do the thing like that.
MeiTanteixX
User avatar
Posts: 1181

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 987-98X

Postby MeiTanteixX » February 18th, 2017, 10:27 am

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Spoiler:
After 364 Files, let's welcome back Inspector Yuminaga! ;D

Spoiler:
Of all the things I saw in the spoilers, only Yuminaga managed to make me excited outloud. ;D
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Image
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
Stopwatch
User avatar
Posts: 1357

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 987-98X

Postby Stopwatch » February 18th, 2017, 11:17 am

estuputri wrote:
Spoiler:
Well, I still didn't think that Rumi is BO.
Since Conan think Rumi always make him get into the case, maybe she only need help to resolve the case.
And I don't think BO will do the thing like that.

Spoiler:
Rumi has been dropping hints to help solve the case. I don't think the issue is that she can't figure it out. Seems more like she's gathering data or something based on the murders and/or who/how they're solved tbh.
Terry Pratchett wrote:The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.

bash7353 wrote:I kind of always assumed that Haneda's parents might've had names.

Spoiler: Box full of stuff
Write a Will
Image
Some year's SS by Abs. :D
Image
DCW SS from Anime Girl 4 Eva]
Image
Thanks, cinna ^^
Image
DCUniverseAficionado
User avatar

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Posts: 1381

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 987-98X

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » February 18th, 2017, 5:34 pm

MeiTanteixX wrote:
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Spoiler:
After 364 Files, let's welcome back Inspector Yuminaga! ;D

Spoiler:
Of all the things I saw in the spoilers, only Yuminaga managed to make me excited outloud. ;D


Spoiler:
I really hope he'll continue to bring in characters who've gone 100s of Files without of an appearance, since we're so close to File 1000.


Stopwatch wrote:
estuputri wrote:
Spoiler:
Well, I still didn't think that Rumi is BO.
Since Conan think Rumi always make him get into the case, maybe she only need help to resolve the case.
And I don't think BO will do the thing like that.

Spoiler:
Rumi has been dropping hints to help solve the case. I don't think the issue is that she can't figure it out. Seems more like she's gathering data or something based on the murders and/or who/how they're solved tbh.


Spoiler:
She must be checking Shinichi/Conan out for a pretty specific purpose if she's capable of not only figuring out cases before him, but will then drop hints.

With her and Momiji, we suddenly have two really smart female characters who are more out for their own interests than to do good/right or to do bad/wronh, and are capable of beating Shinichi/Conan to the punch and then dropping hints for him.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Tantei San
User avatar

It's Complicated... It was...It is..And Will remain that way....!!

Posts: 315

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 987-98X

Postby Tantei San » February 19th, 2017, 3:30 am

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Spoiler:
She must be checking Shinichi/Conan out for a pretty specific purpose if she's capable of not only figuring out cases before him, but will then drop hints.

With her and Momiji, we suddenly have two really smart female characters who are more out for their own interests than to do good/right or to do bad/wronh, and are capable of beating Shinichi/Conan to the punch and then dropping hints for him.

Spoiler:
Hence to conclude, Rumi knows who real Shinichi is and is therefore seeking his help. Otherwise, I can't see a reason as to why would a 33 year old woman have an interest in a 7 year old kid just like that.
Whether you would argue that she may have seen him in the news quite a lot, but the matter of fact it, was Kogoro and not Conan who was blabbering.
Themaninarmor
User avatar

It's not about me

Posts: 169

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 987-98X

Postby Themaninarmor » February 19th, 2017, 9:12 am

Tantei San wrote:
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Spoiler:
She must be checking Shinichi/Conan out for a pretty specific purpose if she's capable of not only figuring out cases before him, but will then drop hints.

With her and Momiji, we suddenly have two really smart female characters who are more out for their own interests than to do good/right or to do bad/wronh, and are capable of beating Shinichi/Conan to the punch and then dropping hints for him.

Spoiler:
Hence to conclude, Rumi knows who real Shinichi is and is therefore seeking his help. Otherwise, I can't see a reason as to why would a 33 year old woman have an interest in a 7 year old kid just like that.
Whether you would argue that she may have seen him in the news quite a lot, but the matter of fact it, was Kogoro and not Conan who was blabbering.


nope i think she still don't know conan is shinichi cause she made a lot of mistake in front of conan which mean she was lowering her guard in front of conan and thought he just only smart kid.

Then why not kogoro? Because she don't want whoever her target which we know must be someone involved in the case 17 years ago have impression that she got help from a detective.
130177130179417
ran mamijo kun
katara kare anya masuno

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jimmy_kud0_tv2 and 9 guests

cron