Rum Arc Discussion Thread (Plot + Characters)

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
vaibhavgupte

Re: Rum Arc Discussion Thread (Plot + Characters)

Post by vaibhavgupte »

Mohamed Ebrahem wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 1:58 pm
Max1996

This is your opinion and I respect it , maybe my words are wrong at the end due to overthinking , but as we always say : "all theories are correct until proven otherwise" .

dccd

Thank you very much for your words , in fact I was content to follow Arabic theories to benefit from them , but I entered this forum to know your opinions and how you think , I benefited very much from all of you when I read most of the pages on this topic in this forum . And I laughed a lot at the fight between you and Zerozaki 4869 in comments ;) ;D :) :)

But in fact , 99% of arabic fans are not convinced of Chikara theory that he is Karasuma and RUM , they insist that Rum is one of the three because they say it is impossible for Gosho to lie . But I also benefit from them because they agree with me on two and they differ in the third character, we say it is not RUM also , but they say it is RUM .
although I dont subscribe to your theory I can understand your pain mohammed. my rum candidate muga iori is also isnt one of the three.
Mohamed Ebrahem

Post by Mohamed Ebrahem »

vaibhavgupte

Yes it is really pain , but the difference of opinions is very possible and you can accept it because owners of theories that disagree with you Maybe their thinking is cool , but the difference is only in the results and they may give you a specific hint or relationship that may lead you in the end to understand what Gosho wants to say .

I cannot ignore your theories anymore , as I completely dismissed your theory in the current chapters that third Yusaku is from BO , I was absolutely sure it was Kaito Kid because of the smile , even before i knew that Kid would appear in that series , but when you were saying that Yusaku is BO , I thought you may have over-thinking than me , but it turned out in the end that your opinion is correct . :) :)

why do you think Haibara loves Wakasa Rumi ?

DCUniverseAficionado

As for episodes which contain hints and that do not contain , I think it is according to some factors such as whether there are new characters emerging in those episodes or will a specific case related to the main plot be discussed , all according , so sometimes Gosho explains many things that will happen In a certain episode , Gosho interprets it in the previous or next episode to it . For example :

Akai's death is faked in Chapter 609 . Gosho almost explained the whole plan to us in the next case directly files 610 - 611 - 612 :

1- The victim looks like Kosuda Rikumichi and also the victim's body when he died resembles that of Kosuda when he died .
2- Mori Kogoro , although he is right handed , he Holds his mobile by left hand . reference to Akai who holds Conan's phone in his right hand even though he's left-handed .
3- Mori Kogoro woke up at the crucial time when Conan was presenting his conclusion , reference to Akai who woke up at the crucial time before the car exploded .
4- The most important hint ever which was repeated in that case in each of the three chapters , to a degree that I did not notice that hint except after it was repeated three times so I felt that Gosho wanted to refer to an important hint , the hint is when The killer said that she is happy because she used Eri Kisaki as proof of innocence for her , the killer repeated this scentence three times , once in every chapter . Gosho wants to refer that there is someone who used another person as proof of innocence , meaning that Conan and Akai used another person who is Kosuda as proof of innocence for the success of their plan . so they managed to deceive the enemies and allies as well .

This is how Gosho does in most of any arc cases . He hints at certain plans or identities of people or a specific event , and he may repeat the same hint frequently until he draws the fan’s attention to something important , Also in arc Bourbon , Gosho repeats in most cases that the person who was in the car at the time of the explosion is not the real Akai , but rather another person :

1- An episode titled The Killer Is Kudo Shinchi , and it turns out that he is a person other than Kudo who we know .
2- An episode titled The Victim is Kudo Shinchi , and it turns out that he is a person other than the Kudo who we know .
3- I do not remember the title of the episode , but the police asked Inspector Takagi to go to a certain mission with the inspector Satto . Takagi was habby because he would go with his love Satto on that mission , but it turned out that this Satto was not his love , but another man named Satto .

the idea form all that for fans to know , the victim in car isn't Akai , it turns out that he is another person/Kosuda Rikumichi .

Now in arc RUM , the Skeleton Case which we talked about , it witnessed the first appearance of Wakasa Rumi who was present in Kohji crime scene , so it is not strange for Gosho to make hints about what happened with Wakasa at time of Kohji case , or hints about What generally happened in the Kohji case .

Talking at the beginning of this case about Agasa who was locked in a bathroom , For me it is reference to Wakasa because it was not mentioned that Kohji died in a closed room .
In current and some previous chapters , there is a person who was locked in a closed bathroom or closed room To make an important message :

1- Chapters 1055 1056 1057, Mori Kogoro is locked in the bathroom and made message to Conan , also the victim in that case locked himself in a closed room in order to make a message to his brother .
2- The current chapters 1058 1059 1060 , it was talked about rooms in a state of chaos like Kohji's room , there is also closed rooms and a bathroom as well .
3- Chapters 948 949 950 , the victim locked himself in a closed room next to bathroom to create a code .
4- chapters 1032 1033 1034 , The murderer puts the victim's love in a closed dark Cupboard to fabricate the accusation to the victim's love , don't forget that Wakasa appeared in this case , So I think Rum was managed to fabricate the accusation to Wakasa/Kohji's love .

So I believe the person who was locked up in a closed room and made the mirror message is Wakasa , as it takes time to make this code because she cut the letter "U" in form of shogi piece and left the letters P - T - O - N , I think She did it all in the bathroom in which the tap turned on .
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Mohamed Ebrahem wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 11:32 pm
vaibhavgupte
I cannot ignore your theories anymore , as I completely dismissed your theory in the current chapters that third Yusaku is from BO , I was absolutely sure it was Kaito Kid because of the smile , even before i knew that Kid would appear in that series , but when you were saying that Yusaku is BO , I thought you may have over-thinking than me , but it turned out in the end that your opinion is correct . :) :)
Yep, this prediction turned out to be completely true (and if this new BO storyline leads somewhere as soon as next case, I think we'll all be even more pleased this prediction turned out to be true). ;D
Mohamed Ebrahem wrote:
As for episodes which contain hints and that do not contain , I think it is according to some factors such as whether there are new characters emerging in those episodes or will a specific case related to the main plot be discussed , all according , so sometimes Gosho explains many things that will happen In a certain episode , Gosho interprets it in the previous or next episode to it . For example :

Akai's death is faked in Chapter 609 . Gosho almost explained the whole plan to us in the next case directly files 610 - 611 - 612 :

1- The victim looks like Kosuda Rikumichi and also the victim's body when he died resembles that of Kosuda when he died .
2- Mori Kogoro , although he is right handed , he Holds his mobile by left hand . reference to Akai who holds Conan's phone in his right hand even though he's left-handed .
3- Mori Kogoro woke up at the crucial time when Conan was presenting his conclusion , reference to Akai who woke up at the crucial time before the car exploded .
4- The most important hint ever which was repeated in that case in each of the three chapters , to a degree that I did not notice that hint except after it was repeated three times so I felt that Gosho wanted to refer to an important hint , the hint is when The killer said that she is happy because she used Eri Kisaki as proof of innocence for her , the killer repeated this scentence three times , once in every chapter . Gosho wants to refer that there is someone who used another person as proof of innocence , meaning that Conan and Akai used another person who is Kosuda as proof of innocence for the success of their plan . so they managed to deceive the enemies and allies as well .

This is how Gosho does in most of any arc cases . He hints at certain plans or identities of people or a specific event , and he may repeat the same hint frequently until he draws the fan’s attention to something important , Also in arc Bourbon , Gosho repeats in most cases that the person who was in the car at the time of the explosion is not the real Akai , but rather another person :

1- An episode titled The Killer Is Kudo Shinchi , and it turns out that he is a person other than Kudo who we know .
2- An episode titled The Victim is Kudo Shinchi , and it turns out that he is a person other than the Kudo who we know .
3- I do not remember the title of the episode , but the police asked Inspector Takagi to go to a certain mission with the inspector Satto . Takagi was habby because he would go with his love Satto on that mission , but it turned out that this Satto was not his love , but another man named Satto .

the idea form all that for fans to know , the victim in car isn't Akai , it turns out that he is another person/Kosuda Rikumichi .
So cases that immediately follow big developments, and cases that introduce new characters?

You might want to reconsider File 646–File 651/Episode 521–Episode 522 as an example, because it's not a victim misdirect, it's a culprit misdirect.

I think you're referring to File 625–File 627/Episode 530–Episode 531, the Hammer Man case (specifically, you're talking about the very end of that case when Takagi thinks he's going on a stakeout with Miwako, but he ends up on the stakeout with another person whose last name happens to also be Satō). And you also might want to reconsider this case as an example, too, because this misdirect has nothing to do with victims or culprits, it's just an end-of-case joke.

But yes, in hindsight, I can agree the Eri testimony case (File 610–File 612/Episode 505–Episode 506) could very well have been Goshō telling us about the nature of Shūichi's "death."
Mohamed Ebrahem wrote:
Now in arc RUM , the Skeleton Case which we talked about , it witnessed the first appearance of Wakasa Rumi who was present in Kohji crime scene , so it is not strange for Gosho to make hints about what happened with Wakasa at time of Kohji case , or hints about What generally happened in the Kohji case .

Talking at the beginning of this case about Agasa who was locked in a bathroom , For me it is reference to Wakasa because it was not mentioned that Kohji died in a closed room .
In current and some previous chapters , there is a person who was locked in a closed bathroom or closed room To make an important message :

1- Chapters 1055 1056 1057, Mori Kogoro is locked in the bathroom and made message to Conan , also the victim in that case locked himself in a closed room in order to make a message to his brother .
2- The current chapters 1058 1059 1060 , it was talked about rooms in a state of chaos like Kohji's room , there is also closed rooms and a bathroom as well .
3- Chapters 948 949 950 , the victim locked himself in a closed room next to bathroom to create a code .
4- chapters 1032 1033 1034 , The murderer puts the victim's love in a closed dark Cupboard to fabricate the accusation to the victim's love , don't forget that Wakasa appeared in this case , So I think Rum was managed to fabricate the accusation to Wakasa/Kohji's love .

So I believe the person who was locked up in a closed room and made the mirror message is Wakasa , as it takes time to make this code because she cut the letter "U" in form of shogi piece and left the letters P - T - O - N , I think She did it all in the bathroom in which the tap turned on .
The one in the Gunma Field Trip case (File 1,032–File 1,034) was a fake intended to misdirect, but the messages in File 948–File 950/Episode 861–Episode 862 and in File 1,055–File 1,057 were telling the truth... and there was no message at all in File 1,058–File 1,060 (so you might want to reconsider using 1,058–1,060 as a message example).
So which is it? Did she create a message intended to misdirect, or did she create a message intended to tell the truth?

And if you're claiming she was locked in there, did she lock herself in there (like the victim of 1,055–1,057) or did Rum lock her in there (like Kid did to Agasa in File 963–File 965/Episode 887–Episode 888)?
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Mohamed Ebrahem

DCUniverseAficionado

Answers which I am sure about are :

1- the mirror message from Wakasa was correct , not a misleading .
2- Wakasa was a subordinate to Carasuma (the former boss) but now she doesn't know that he becomes RUM .

I cannot answer following two questions because I (don't know them/don't sure) , which are :

1- Did Wakasa lock herself in bathroom or did Rum lock her in there ?
2- Does Wakasa know Karasuma is Chikara Katsumata or not ??

You got me wrong in the previous post about hints of Arc Bourbon :
It does not mean if the victim was Akai or Kosuda , that Gosho will make hints in vitims also in normal cases , I mean from talking about episode : the killer is Kudo Shinichi and the joke : Takagi and Inspector Sato , i know they aren't victims like Akai , but it is about the (idea/hint/reference) itself , the idea in general about person is supposed to be present in somewhere but it turns out to be another person .

Also hints of arc rum , closed rooms and making a message in them , it will be very boring and too much repetition if in each case someone confines himself in a closed room and makes a message, Goshu may put what really happened in Kohji case in one or two ordinary cases and changes Slightly in the rest of other cases , I mean in one or two cases we would have someone was imprisoned in a closed room and made a message, but in rest of other (cases/episodes) there will be a (simple/little) change such as being imprisoned in a closed room only without making a message , Also we would have victims locking the room on themselves , while another cases we would have victims are forced to do that . :) :)

So sometimes Gosho puts a trap for those who try to know hints from ordinary cases , and sometimes he does not put that trap , to make all Conan fans without exception are confused ;D ;D ??? ??? ::)
TheNightBaroness

Post by TheNightBaroness »

Hey, I'm just carching up with great cracking theories about RUM's identity.

You probably mentioned this before, but since I have no time to reveiew everything I'll just post it again. Sorry if I repeat some of the things you already mentioned, guys.

I noticed that Wakasa Rumi's name, if we re arrange the letters, we can form the "message": AKAI WAS RUM.

Dunno if this is possible. If you already discussed it, I'd love to hear from your theories.

Thank youuuu <3
Max1996

Post by Max1996 »

TheNightBaroness wrote:
August 26th, 2020, 7:15 am

You probably mentioned this before, but since I have no time to reveiew everything I'll just post it again. Sorry if I repeat some of the things you already mentioned, guys.

I noticed that Wakasa Rumi's name, if we re arrange the letters, we can form the "message": AKAI WAS RUM.

Dunno if this is possible. If you already discussed it, I'd love to hear from your theories.

Thank youuuu <3
Must be a coincidence. The name's clearly meant to resemble ASACA RUM.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Mohamed Ebrahem wrote:
August 25th, 2020, 10:11 pm
Answers which I am sure about are :

1- the mirror message from Wakasa was correct , not a misleading .
2- Wakasa was a subordinate to Carasuma (the former boss) but now she doesn't know that he becomes RUM .

I cannot answer following two questions because I (don't know them/don't sure) , which are :[/b]

1- Did Wakasa lock herself in bathroom or did Rum lock her in there ?
2- Does Wakasa know Karasuma is Chikara Katsumata or not ??
This was likely mentioned before, but one of Goshō's answers in SDB Black+ seems to go against this—Goshō said that Rum wasn't executed for messing up 17 years ago because he was #2 in the BO.
You seem to imply that Karasuma became Rum after the Kōji case, after Rumi had fled the BO, hence she doesn't know he became Rum... but according to Goshō's answer, he would have to have been Rum before the Kōji case.
Mohamed Ebrahem wrote:
You got me wrong in the previous post about hints of Arc Bourbon :
It does not mean if the victim was Akai or Kosuda , that Gosho will make hints in vitims also in normal cases , I mean from talking about episode : the killer is Kudo Shinichi and the joke : Takagi and Inspector Sato , i know they aren't victims like Akai , but it is about the (idea/hint/reference) itself , the idea in general about person is supposed to be present in somewhere but it turns out to be another person .
"The idea in general?" In this context, I'm afraid that's a bit too broad for me.
Mohamed Ebrahem wrote:
Also hints of arc rum , closed rooms and making a message in them , it will be very boring and too much repetition if in each case someone confines himself in a closed room and makes a message, Goshu may put what really happened in Kohji case in one or two ordinary cases and changes Slightly in the rest of other cases , I mean in one or two cases we would have someone was imprisoned in a closed room and made a message, but in rest of other (cases/episodes) there will be a (simple/little) change such as being imprisoned in a closed room only without making a message , Also we would have victims locking the room on themselves , while another cases we would have victims are forced to do that . :) :)

So sometimes Gosho puts a trap for those who try to know hints from ordinary cases , and sometimes he does not put that trap , to make all Conan fans without exception are confused ;D ;D ??? ??? ::)
But that's just it... which is which? Which is the fake/mislead and which is the actual hint?
Max1996 wrote:
August 26th, 2020, 10:55 am
TheNightBaroness wrote:
August 26th, 2020, 7:15 am

Thank youuuu <3
Must be a coincidence. The name's clearly meant to resemble ASACA RUM.
Yeah, I can't see this actually turning out to be a thing.
But in terms of pure possibility (not probability), I suppose Tsutomu could turn out to be Rum—if Goshō did that, it would all be about subverting the Gundam lore (in addition to tropes like the battle against the evil father trope)... Char Aznable did what he did to avenge his father (his dad was very much dead and didn't turn out to be secretly alive and one of the leaders of Char's enemies), and Shūichi also acts to avenge his father, only for Tsutomu to be revealed as the very thing he's been going against.
Last edited by DCUniverseAficionado on August 27th, 2020, 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Reader

Post by Reader »

How Can Tsutomu be Rum even as a possibility?
Never read anyone taking up this point before. If you do I'll like to know the reasoning.
DCUniverseAficionado

Reader wrote:
August 27th, 2020, 4:29 am
How Can Tsutomu be Rum even as a possibility?
Never read anyone taking up this point before. If you do I'll like to know the reasoning.
For me, pure possibility is nowhere near actually happening. It's more of a "keep all the possibilities on the table to account for any possible twist" thing.
blackmoon

Post by blackmoon »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
August 27th, 2020, 4:31 am

For me, pure possibility is nowhere near actually happening. It's more of a "keep all the possibilities on the table to account for any possible twist" thing.
Well back in the mermaid island (related to immortality legend) case there showed a log that listed people who visited the island in the past, and on it listed the name of Haibara and Gosho confirmed that one of the name close to Sherry was Gin. While Conan dismissed the possibility of Sherry visiting the island at the time and thought it perhaps was just someone with the same name as her, I think Gosho confirming one of the name being that of Gin suggests that Sherry (or another BO member using her name) really did visited the island since it was related to BO agenda in search for immortality. So if Gin indeed visited the island with Sherry (or another BO member using her name) there was one more name in between Sherry and Gin's name which roughly translates as the "Third child of Fish tomb" or something like that in English. The possibility of that person also being BO is high since it is unlikely that Gin and Sherry (or another BO member using her name) visited the island along with a stranger, so the person in between their name must also be BO, so three BO visited mermaid island in the pass. I think Gosho also confirmed that the name besides Gin isn't Vodka so could it possibly be RUM's fake name? ;D

"one should stick with one's original plan" (初志貫徹 shoshi kantetsu) ;)
Spoiler:
Reader

Post by Reader »

I could see someone asking that question in the let's talk day and gosho answering,
"is that so? You're amazing!" (laughs).
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

the "akai was rum" thing was suggested by some fans since Rumi's intro (I recall seeing it on Baidu at least).

Gosho was already asked about it too.
Q76 If you turn Wakasa Rumi into Alphabet and change the letter orders, it becomes "Akai was Rum". Does it have any relevance?
A: H,huh... Is that so (laughs)
Mohamed Ebrahem

blackmoon

Do you have the translation of those names in that picture ? and what is the episode number you are talking about , Did you mean 222 223 224 ?

DCUniverseAficionado

Mohamed Ebrahem wrote:
August 28th, 2020, 7:16 pm
blackmoon

Do you have the translation of those names in that picture ? and what is the episode number you are talking about , Did you mean 222 223 224 ?

Yes, those are the anime episodes in question (in the manga, it's 279–283).
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

The names are, from left to right, Miyano Shiho, Uokka Saburo, Kurosawa Jin.

Uokka = Vodka
Jin = Gin
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"