Hi everyone, I'd like to weigh in, in the regards of the latest.
Regarding Rum's definite 3 suspects (Hyoue, Wakita and Wakasa) , as according to Gosho, Rum is one of them. We know:
1. Wakasa has seen Haibara/Sherry, we are still waiting to see her act on that. Haibara is not affraid of her.
+ knows about Conan's intelligence, yet to show concerns about him (in facts she helps). While Conan, notices the eye problem.
Interacted with Hyoue, if she is BO. She would make measures/attempt to hurry up per Rum's personna.
2. Hyoue, has seen Haibara + Conan. Conan's knowledge in known to him, he has seen Haibara, and she has not sensed BO aura from him. she was simply scared from his face.
Hyoue has Bourbon as a contact
3. Wakita, has seen Conan, does not exclusivly know about Conan's intelligence, yet to see Haibara.
Is engaged in everything Kogoro/Shinichi related. as of recently.
Now, following the above, one usually falls to suspect Wakita as the primal suscpect. However, nothing can be conclusive. Yet, to follow leads, the facts that more than likely to reveal Rum's ID, are in his mistake regarding the 17 years old crime of Kouji and Amanda's death in U.S.
Regarding the double murder of Kouji and Amanda, what we know for sure:
1. Amanda, had contacts in CIA & FBI.
2. Amanda knew, and interacted with Kouji.
3. Amanda had the bodyguard by the name of Asaca.
4. Amanda's death have no traces, and the crime scene was left, as if nothing is touched. (This is the prevelant M.O of the B.O)
5. Kouji, was bruised.
6. Kouji's reason for death is unknown.
7. Kouji, held something in his hand (most likely the scissors + Shogi piece and/or mirror piece)
8. Kouji, knew someone was going to attack him (per the Wakasa flashback)
9. Kouji left the CARASUMA/ ASACA RUM message behind.
10. Tsutomo was requested by the Hanedas to look into the matter -> most likely he meddled after the incident took place.
11. Tsutomo realized he had made enemies with 'very bad people', to the point where he instructed his family to move to Japan. If the crime took place in U.S, and his family is in U.K, why would he ask them to move to Japan?, moreover, I'm going to risk guessing that he must've known about Mary's past in the SIS, and yet he was worried, meaning he knew his enemies well enough.
In regards to the above:
1. Amanda's contacts, prove that she was well connected. And for the BO to kill her, either means that; a) she knew of the BO, and they didn't want risk her revealing that info to FBI/CIA. or b) she was in fact a BO (probably like Pisco - his generation), and was about to turn in.
2. Amanda, already knows about the information that her life is in danger, she did hire a recent mysterious Asaca for that reason. Yet, had no problem to interact with Kouji, and risk getting him involved. Which means; a) she was too naive to trust him/others, which is highly doubtful for a woman with her experience. or b) Kouji was involved somehow with the BO.
3. For Amanda to hire a mysterious bodyguard, and for the sake of argumentation, she knows she is in danger. She would not hire anyone, if she truly knows the BO. The most reasonable option is that she hired someone from the FBI/CIA as bodyguard so that they can, not only protect, but also catch any suspicious person.
4. Amanda's crime scene, seems to be done by a pro. With no mistake whatsoever, something to be expected from an experieced criminal, suitable job for a 2nd in command.
5. Kouji's attacker, is not neccessarily Rum. For if it is, he/she would not make that much of a mistake, without taking it in consideration (imagine Anokata's overthinking proccess, and how Rum is rather way too reckless).
6. Same for Amanda, Kouji's death is not known. The most suspicious weapon, is the APTX, or a previous form that was made by the Miyanos.
7. Kouji's palm is bruised, the bruise indicates a defensive form while holding the scissors which he used to cut the mirror. With no strong evidence, a possible and yet relative option, is that Kouji bruised the eye of his attacker with the scissors.
The Shogi piece, was taken, meaning his attacker/another person took it. It cannot be the authorities, so either his killer took it to get rid of evidence, or someone else. We now know that Wakasa has a Shogi piece, if she did murder him, she would have no reason to hold a piece of evidence to implicate her, especially if she is Rum.
8. According to Wakasa's flashback, Kouji's statement gives the implication, that Kouji knew of his killer's intentions. So he knows his killer, and knew about the true identity of the killer to implicate ASACA RUM/CARASUMA. There are other alterations, such as U R MR. ASACA. SARCASM U. MRS. UACAA (as in Ooka
), they are fun to consider, but would not take them seriously
9. The message, while can be interpreted either ways. Is too vague, whether Asaca is Rum, Carasuma is involved, or what. Which is perfect to mislead the criminal, yet for an intelligent person like Kouji, he must've left another clue to define the death message.
10. Tsutomo's interferrence, as requested by the Haneda household. Means they do not trust FBI/CIA enough, and they want to figure the true killer, instead of suspecting Asaca, as the most obvious. Means they knew something was off, to request the aid of Tsutomo.
11. Tsutomo's awareness of the 'bad people', shows how deep his investigations went. He knew of the danger his opponents carry, and warned his family. Meaning, he had a lead to follow and figure out the ones responsible, hence one can deduce that the BO are definitely are responsible. And they had to try and stop Tsutomo from finding out anything about them.
From the above, we can extract:
I. Wakasa, the holder of the Shogi piece, cannot be Rum. Otherwise she would despose of any evidence that can be traced back to her.
II. Most likely, one of the 3 (Hyoue, Wakita and Wakasa), have the damaged eye due to an attack by Kouji. Following this, the most likely injury to be from a scissors is Wakita's (we are yet to see).
III. Amanda, was most likely BO, and she was using her contacts to protect her from BO. So Asaca was hired.
IV. Kouji had to have something to do with BO, the only reason of the moment I can think of that he would be in the matter is that he is a BO, or a spy or a consultant.
V. Wakasa's flashback, heavily indicated Kouji's comment to be forwarded to her. Meaning, she is most likely his killer, unless proven otherwise. This indication, means she was close to him; the highest possibilty at the moment, is that Wakasa is Asaca, she was FBI/CIA or from other organization. She was hired to protect Amanda, a BO agent/ infromant. Meaning, the killer of Amanda, is someone else. Unless Wakasa was a double agent for the BO.
VI. Hyoue's past with Wakasa, indicates he had at least a distant relation to the crime of Kouji/Amanda. Being a police-personna, he was most likely a Japanese respresentative for the murder of Kouji, and had been at least close to the people in charge (if he was not the person in charge) to investigate the BO.
VII. Tsutomo's message 'Think of me as dead', heavily implicates that he is not dead but in hiding. Otherwise he would've said, "I'm by this time dead". Rather than implanting the dubious "Think of me". meaning he most probably is not dead, and is in hiding.
VIII. If we follow the premise, that Kouji was likely to land a strike on his attacker, and that strike hit the attacker in the eye. The injury that seems to be most likely made by scissors, is Wakita's. If Wakita did attack and kill Kouji, this would contradict Wakasa being the murderer. That is unless, an alternatie would be brought. Such as, Wakita being Rum, killed Amanda. While his protege, Wakasa, the BO double agent, was meant to attack Haneda. Something triggered her, and she had a change of heart, and thus the 'mistake'. She and Wakita fought, making the mess, while Kouji created the dying message. She was most likely knocked out, Kouji, went in, killed by a strike to the head, and then force-fed APTX (Like Shinichi). Wakita, being betrayed, leaves in a hurry, after suffering an injury. Tsutomo, finds clues thanks to the surviving Wakasa, who is torn between authorities and BO. Either, he is Hyoue, being a victim of a bomb, or a person in disguise. Which would explain, why Wakasa is still holding the Shogi piece and trying to make Conan figure it, to prove her innocence, or she might not be BO agent. And simply a bodyguard who failed at her job.
Regarding the APTX list:-
According to Haibara, the list is in a certain order:-
A) Maybe bloodtype, or something.
B) Haneda's name is below that of Shinichi's.
C) As a reaseacrher, and not much of a spiritual person, she visited the Mermaid Island.
D) The people who had used the APTX, and become younger in few years (rather than fully deaged/died), are interestingly foreign/ half Japanes. Except for Shinichi, Haibara is half-British, Vermouth is at least half Japanese/American, Mary is British.
E) Most male Japanese APTX vicitms, are dead (We still do not know of Tsutomo, if had taken it). the only exception is Shinichi, however his age is 17 by the time Gin force-fed him the APTX.
F) While Amanda died probably from APTX, being an American. Vermouth, most likely deaged from APTX. <-- meaning, either because age spectrum defines the effects of APTX. For example, those aged 17-19 will probably deage ten years to become 7-9 years.
G) Mary, is supposedly 13-15 after deaging. While her true age is about 53.
H) Vermouth, looked young 20 years ago, when she killed Jodie's father. So her deage took event before Kouji and Amanda's death.
I) Besides Shinichi & the self sacrifical Haibara, no known victim of APTX is younger than 20. If BO, thoguht it might work on Shinichi, and he was deaged because he is young. APTX probably have something to do with age difference and/or the strength of the immunity system of the body.
J) APTX <-- has deaging as side effect, and it was not the goal in mind. Most pills have medical treatment in goal. <-- I'm not a proffessional medical authority, all I have is self-taught knowledge. However, I'd think the most suitable solution is that, APTX was probably an Immunity strengthner. It enhances the cells, to make them younger, in order to enhance the immunity system. <-- a great medical achievement and possible conviction for the Miyano's to join BO.
The above brings to question BO's goals:-
A) BO's goal is not to rule the world (per an interview with Gosh..).
B) APTX, probably not the only project of BO.
C) According to Haibara, the BO existed more than 50 years ago. And Shinichi is part of it.
D) Anokata / Carasuma, is / was the boss of BO/Carasuma Group.
E) Itakura Suguro's application is not in favor of humanity (per his comment on his work).
F) BO at some point, is/was looking for the best programmers in the world.
G) Secrecy is their top priority.
1. BO, probably a faction of Carasuma Group.
2. BO's line of work is based on the interests of it's mastermind. Someone who does not wish to be known for his involvement in the BO's affair, meaning either he is a famous person and/or someone who is supposedly not alive (Renya).
3. BO's reach, is international.
4. APTX, is an immunity enhancer, perhaps meant to cure Carasuma's sickly body.
5. The mermaid visit, is more than likely, an attempt to find out any medical recipes to keep the elderly alive for long periods of time.
6. Itakura's program, not exclusively tied to APTX. In fact, the programm might have something to do with hacking. The BO already have their hands on Night Baron Virus that can delete any files of theirs that is accessed unintendedly.
7. Rum's obsession with time, most than likely have something to do with Anokata himself.
8. BO's intention to kill Haibara, means the project have lots of people still working on it.
9. The deaging victims (Shinichi, Sherry, Mary, Vermouth) are spiteful of the effects.
10. Any defecting agents of BO, or those deemed unworthy, would/may end up being an APTX victim.
11. The earliest use of APTX is on Vermouth, 20 years ago.
12. Itakura's comment "For the sake of humanity", and Vermouth's " We can be both of God and the Devil". Heavily indicates that Karasuma Renya, is the topic. Following this, "raise the dead, against the stream time". He is supposedly dead, however they are trying to bring back his status to being alive and well. He is known as the most powerful person in Japan (according to the smarter character Yuusaku). It falls to be most appropraite since his resurrection is not in the interest of humanity.
13. Itakura's programm, what does it have to do with Karasuma Renya?. the most likely answer, Renya is in a comatose state/ill-filled condition. Providing explanation why he takes time to plan things, his extra careful nature, because he cannot allow mistakes to waste time. Rum's obsession with time, probably have something to do with the recovery of Renya, meaning his order onto Bourbon to find out about Shinichi. Is not just for secrecy purposes, but also for finding out medical instances that can help with Anokata's health.
14. Still, what does Itakura's programm have to do with Renya?. Itakura's background is CG graphic designer and games system engineer, and he wonders about the BO's intention with the program, yet he knows for certian that it is not good for the sake of humanity. One of the options is that, the programm is in fact a systematic data reconfiguration. Through which, the BO, would reinstall the inheritance of Karasuma household back to Renya. By altering information, and configuring numbers of accounts and the likes, to register all of Karasuma's properties back to him, and even gain more money. Thus raising the dead.
15. The project that is more than 50 years old, and not related to APTX (modern creation of Haibara) and/or Silver Bullet (the Miyanos started it, perhaps). Perhaps, the project is to put Karasuma back to power, and to reinforce Karasuma's control more than before.
Vermouth's relationship with Anokata:-
1. According to Bourbon, it will be a surprise to other BO agents.
2. Vermouth is well above 40 at least.
3. First signs of deaging are at least 20 years ago.
4. Vermouth parents 'died' in an accidental fire.
5. One of the reporters on Sharon's funeral, asked Chris about the boyfriend she is going out with.
6. Vermouth, prior to Shinichi saving her in New York, did not believe in the existence of God.
7. She is more like the boss, to think that a single Silver Bullet exists. Their mindset of thinking is somewhat similar.
8. The overly caution Anokata, promotes freedom to Vermouth, and calls her back when she goes too wild.
Vermouth could be:-
1. His daughter from an American mother, if Renya married an American woman. Although he puts his daughter in the risky business.
2. His wife, highly unlikely for her to be meddling in sexual affairs with Gin, if this is the case. Also if she is his romantic interest.
3. His guina pig, being the only one to deage, according to BO's knowledge. Yet again, why risk putting her in the field work.
4. His clone, however this goes beyond the fantasy implemented by Gosho.
5. His granddaughter, if her parents died (and it's not a lie). Her father is a Karasuma, and if Renya the grandfather, took it sensitively, then her father's made up Surname 'Vineyard' is taken as basis to nickname all agents, hence alcoholic beverages, if Gosho wants to give reasons. She blames the grandfather's status and fame that made her parents live the way they lived which led to their death, which is why when she was brought up to BO and through them gained fame through the Acting world. She hated the BO for that reason.
6. Vermouth is the only blonde/foreign agent of BO per canon. Indicating, the relationship goes more than formal/informal.
7. Gin, the only other silver haired foreigner (not sure if he is). could be another one of Anokata's grandchildren, which is why they commute through first hadn messages, although he could simply be so becasue of his adept skills.
Anyways, I might edit to comply any updates. What do you think?