Rum Arc Discussion Thread (Plot + Characters)

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
MeiTanteixX

Re: Rum Arc Discussion Thread (Plot + Characters)

Postby MeiTanteixX » November 1st, 2018, 7:28 am

Zerozaki4869 wrote:Like the glass shard? I saw you disagreeing with yourself all the time.
learn to tell the difference between speculation and fact.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
Zerozaki4869

Postby Zerozaki4869 » November 1st, 2018, 7:39 am

MeiTanteixX wrote:
Zerozaki4869 wrote:But you'll disagree because You want to disagree, end of the story.
I actually prefer to agree, so that I don't have to do the dirty work...
But I can never agree to faulty/baseless statements ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You said statements. Though a speculation is also a statement.
That's why I said I witnessed your internal tribulations on discord.
blackmoon

Postby blackmoon » November 2nd, 2018, 2:06 am

Zerozaki4869 wrote:No, first get the shogi shaped pill case of Haneda Kohji, only then I'll share my thoughts with you, eh??

Well the mystery of why Rumi has access to the password to BO's APTX victim list is yet to be revealed. As well as the reason why she has been keeping a shogi piece close by seen held in her pants pocket and on her desk table. If it were just a regular shogi piece, I assume there is no need for Rumi to hold on to it so tightly and to keep it close by even if it were something meant to be kept as a memoir? Anyways, I cannot speculate more on something that is not yet revealed, and the significance of Rumi's shogi piece is not yet revealed. ;)

Speaking of baseless speculations... What are the chances that Elena did not actually die in the fire from years ago, and actually survived and went into hiding? It was never really confirmed with certainty that she died as it is impossible to distinguish the identity of a burned body. What if Rumi is actually Elena in disguise? They are both female, they both have long hair, they both wear glasses, they both have similar cheekbone and facial features, and they both worked for the BO, so they both know about APTX. Could the reappearance of Elena back in the story be a red-herring of her return from the dead? >:D

Spoiler:

See how similar the cheek bone and eye brow is drawn? if you just ignore the hair and glass frame color...
Last edited by Spimer on November 3rd, 2018, 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged all 3 posts into one, hid images in spoiler tag to save up space
"one should stick with one's original plan" (初志貫徹 shoshi kantetsu) ;)
Thunderbolt_47

Postby Thunderbolt_47 » Today, 11:30 am

Not to mention that dying hair and changing glasses is one of the quickest, simplest ways to change a person's face both IRL and in fiction... Even the eyes are very diamond-shaped when compared with other characters.