Rum Arc Discussion Thread (Plot + Characters)

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
mtcc

Re: Rum Arc Discussion Thread (Plot + Characters)

Post by mtcc »

MeiTanteixX wrote:
mtcc wrote:I found something maybe would be useful or just a Coincidence
three cases in rum arc
appeared to be murderers case but in the end was suicide
906 case
asaca song case
scotch akai case
That's the same case... so it's really just two cases.
of course i know that what i mean three times not actully case do not worry i read tha manga
Max1996

Post by Max1996 »

What's the 906 case, by the way? Nothing comes to mind for me...
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

Volume 86, Files 906-08.

It's the Scriptwriter Murder Case with the 3 men who each fit the descriptions of RUM.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
blackmoon

Post by blackmoon »

MeiTanteixX wrote:
blackmoon wrote:You know what? If that were the case, then I'm sure there is no need for a second-in-command to handle things for him. In other words, there is no need for RUM to exist at all! ;D
erm.. that's quite the jump. We don't know to what extent they keep him updated, and a second-in-command handles more than just the members.
Right, so here's a no-brain-er's fact about RUM.
1. He has access to the APTX victim list and he knows about Shinichi Kudo being on the list, and it is suspicious that the recent news report spreading news about him being active, so he requests Bourbon to investigate about Shinichi.

2. He has authority to delegate orders to BO code-name members (unless Bourbon is his DIRECT subordinate; otherwise, it means he basically has authority to delegate orders to all code-name members for being number 2).

So basically he pays attention to events involving BO and has authority over BO members. That basically is all we know for now and no idea what other affairs he is in charge with, but he definitely has a hand in ordering BO members. ;)
"one should stick with one's original plan" (初志貫徹 shoshi kantetsu) ;)
Spoiler:
dccd

Post by dccd »

Since tomorrow the Wakita-episode is airing,
might someone check if Wakita and Chikara have the same voice actor?
Thx guys.
[ ] Yonehara = Rum
[ ] Kuroda = Amuros Boss
[x] MG = Mrs. Akai
[x] Haneda = Brother Akai
[ ] Rumi = Asaka
[ ] Wakita = Bo-Member Whiskey (aka the RAT)
[ ] Iori = just a butler
kentasaiba
Mr. Pickles!

Post by kentasaiba »

Why would they?
dccd

Post by dccd »

It might just happen that Wakita = Chikara
since there are a few aspects pointing at this.
We might this rule out (pretty much) if they have different ones.
[ ] Yonehara = Rum
[ ] Kuroda = Amuros Boss
[x] MG = Mrs. Akai
[x] Haneda = Brother Akai
[ ] Rumi = Asaka
[ ] Wakita = Bo-Member Whiskey (aka the RAT)
[ ] Iori = just a butler
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

No, they're different VAs.

Katsumata = Minoru Inaba.
Wakita = Shigeru Chiba

Also, it's not like out of universe links are the key to solving the mysteries, they might be hints but not the key to resolution.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Spimer wrote:No, they're different VAs.

Katsumata = Minoru Inaba.
Wakita = Shigeru Chiba

Also, it's not like out of universe links are the key to solving the mysteries, they might be hints but not the key to resolution.
Yep—they'd be but additional/supplemental pieces of the case one would build, coming well after the most crucial points.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Zerozaki4869

Post by Zerozaki4869 »

Two little rejoinders,

1) Shigeru Chiba also voiced Lau-san, a father who abandned his daughter to win a tournament and hone a different martial art.
2)Minoru Inaba has voiced Cyclonus prime, the second in command of Decepticons.
Max1996

Post by Max1996 »

Spimer wrote:Volume 86, Files 906-08.

It's the Scriptwriter Murder Case with the 3 men who each fit the descriptions of RUM.
Ah. Thanks. The way he (?) said it implied some kind of case where the number 906 was important.
CrimsonGenius

Post by CrimsonGenius »

Spoiler:
Either present Karasuma or RUM or both must be body doubles, that's what Gosho wanted to convey in Mermaid Legend, where a young woman disguised, body double, took over role of immortal grand priestess after original death
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

CrimsonGenius wrote:
Spoiler:
Either present Karasuma or RUM or both must be body doubles, that's what Gosho wanted to convey in Mermaid Legend, where a young woman disguised, body double, took over role of immortal grand priestess after original death
I think that case was more so hinting to Chris disguising as her own mother Sharon, since that was the ongoing mystery during Vermouth arc.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
CrimsonGenius

Post by CrimsonGenius »

Spoiler:
RUM wants to know about Shin'ichi because if he is alive, he suspects Gin messed up during his mission
Last edited by CrimsonGenius on April 11th, 2018, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ArseneLupen

Post by ArseneLupen »

CrimsonGenius wrote:
Spoiler:
RUM wants to know about Shin'ichi because if he is alive, he suspects Gin messed up his mission
Was Gin´s mission really to poison Shinichi ? Nope, the mission was originally the transaction with the company owner. The encounter with Shinichi was also a coincidence. Also if we think, Gin said, Its the first time they used the APTX4869, so he didnt know any side effects of the drug. (Only Shiho knew). The person who messed up is actually Shiho, because Gin thought the drug is actually a killing machine with leaving no evidences.

So I think that Rum isn´t blaming Gin. I mean, Rum can´t actually blame him.