Discussion thread: Detective Conan 981-983

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
eros1607

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 981-983

Postby eros1607 » December 30th, 2016, 6:56 am

I just want to list the intelligent women in DC to see how unlucky they are in romance. Sure there are some examples of being happy (like Miwako or Yukiko although they nowhere near Masumi or Momiji level) but they are the minority. I don't consider Yui's situation better than anyone I've listed. She is a widow, losing a husband is enough of a pain for her for the rest of her entire life, no matter she will be with Kansuke or not.
k11chi

Postby k11chi » December 30th, 2016, 8:05 am

Ran finally confessed to Kazuha. It was long time coming.

Despite being such a small detail, the hint about how they were siblings from different mothers was pretty clever. It's a pretty impressive showing of thinking outside the box I guess.
ShadowNeo

Postby ShadowNeo » December 30th, 2016, 10:12 am

I am really confused by that whole "Ran confessing to Kazuha" thing.. Did she say that just to imitate Heiji or what kind of way do I have to interpret that whole scene? I don't know why but I was never as confused before x.x! Please help.
"Fear of death is worse than death Itself"
PirateKing

Postby PirateKing » December 30th, 2016, 1:43 pm

ShadowNeo wrote:I am really confused by that whole "Ran confessing to Kazuha" thing.. Did she say that just to imitate Heiji or what kind of way do I have to interpret that whole scene? I don't know why but I was never as confused before x.x! Please help.

Yes, she confessed to Kazuha like how she thought Heiji would have done it, as a sort of "preparation" for when it really happens. Ran uses kansai-ben and even 'Wai' as the pronoun since it's an old Osakan word since she's supposed to be sounding like Heiji. Kazuha later tells her that Heiji wouldn't use 'Wai' (possibly because it's old-fashioned).
MeiTanteixX

Postby MeiTanteixX » December 30th, 2016, 2:54 pm

PirateKing wrote:
ShadowNeo wrote:I am really confused by that whole "Ran confessing to Kazuha" thing.. Did she say that just to imitate Heiji or what kind of way do I have to interpret that whole scene? I don't know why but I was never as confused before x.x! Please help.

Yes, she confessed to Kazuha like how she thought Heiji would have done it, as a sort of "preparation" for when it really happens. Ran uses kansai-ben and even 'Wai' as the pronoun since it's an old Osakan word since she's supposed to be sounding like Heiji. Kazuha later tells her that Heiji wouldn't use 'Wai' (possibly because it's old-fashioned).

It was more of a consolation because he did not show up. Although Kazuha was nervous, she was still planning on confessing to him(hence why Ran said "too").
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
MrDetective

Irregular Scans staff

Postby MrDetective » December 31st, 2016, 6:52 am

are we really sure Gosho didn't introduce Momiji solely for the purpose of setting up movie 21 ?

because once the movie is out I find it hard to imagine she will have a role beyond that of the film
k11chi

Postby k11chi » December 31st, 2016, 7:00 am

That depends on what we see of her in the film. If she's just going to be there and we actually see her family and the butler in action in the movie at first and everything then I can't see her staying around for long after that. But if we get to see things like that in the manga then it's a different story.
Nemomon

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Postby Nemomon » December 31st, 2016, 8:55 am

I think a better question is whether we really want her to stay, or we want her to go away.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
eros1607

Postby eros1607 » December 31st, 2016, 10:37 am

None of the question will matter with Gosho though. He said that he never listen to criticism online whatsoever. I have a feeling that this girl will be Masumi 2.0 and we will not only have love triangle but also another family drama which may or may not advance the plot.
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » January 2nd, 2017, 5:59 am

MrDetective wrote:are we really sure Gosho didn't introduce Momiji solely for the purpose of setting up movie 21 ?

because once the movie is out I find it hard to imagine she will have a role beyond that of the film

There's no point of her being in the manga if she's just going to appear in Movie 21, then vanish—that'd be like Curaçao from Movie 20 being introduced in 2015, then never appearing again, after April 2016, and her never being referenced again.

The movies aren't canon—Gosho will have to make a manga case (or series of cases) about Momiji coming in during a Heiji and Kazuha case and doing her thing. Hopefully, she'll be involved in the Rum arc plot, in some way, especially when we're this close to File 1000, in an arc about the BO's #2. We probably won't get File 1000 until May or June, so we have a chance to see her again, in a manga case, before or around File 1000.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Kor

Postby Kor » January 2nd, 2017, 7:06 am

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:The movies aren't canon—Gosho will have to make a manga case (or series of cases) about Momiji coming in during a Heiji and Kazuha case and doing her thing. Hopefully, she'll be involved in the Rum arc plot, in some way, especially when we're this close to File 1000, in an arc about the BO's #2. We probably won't get File 1000 until May or June, so we have a chance to see her again, in a manga case, before or around File 1000.

If you think Gosho can't just introduce this one character and "story thread" in the manga and then have it resolved in the movie, well... okay, but there isn't an established rule against it ever happening. For all intent and purpose, Gosho can cross platforms and use his manga to set up (and advertise) a story that will be resolved in the film. Just because he has never technically done so doesn't necessarily mean he never will.
And I'm not saying that this is going to be the case this time around (maybe it will, maybe it won't. I certainly don't see a real reason to keep such characters around when their supposed function is for a nonsensical love rival thing to take place). I'm just saying that there's no rule against Gosho doing anything of that kind.
DCTP Plays Star Wars: Jedi Academy
For more details click here

Players list so far:
Kor
Shadow
d6nny
Stopwatch
MeiTanteixX

Postby MeiTanteixX » January 2nd, 2017, 8:50 am

Kor wrote:
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:The movies aren't canon—Gosho will have to make a manga case (or series of cases) about Momiji coming in during a Heiji and Kazuha case and doing her thing. Hopefully, she'll be involved in the Rum arc plot, in some way, especially when we're this close to File 1000, in an arc about the BO's #2. We probably won't get File 1000 until May or June, so we have a chance to see her again, in a manga case, before or around File 1000.

If you think Gosho can't just introduce this one character and "story thread" in the manga and then have it resolved in the movie, well... okay, but there isn't an established rule against it ever happening. For all intent and purpose, Gosho can cross platforms and use his manga to set up (and advertise) a story that will be resolved in the film. Just because he has never technically done so doesn't necessarily mean he never will.
And I'm not saying that this is going to be the case this time around (maybe it will, maybe it won't. I certainly don't see a real reason to keep such characters around when their supposed function is for a nonsensical love rival thing to take place). I'm just saying that there's no rule against Gosho doing anything of that kind.

Just because it's not a rule set in stone doesn't mean that we should discredit any pattern that Gosho has followed. I'd say it's far more likely that her story won't end in M21(or at least won't officially end outside of the manga).
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » January 2nd, 2017, 5:59 pm

Kor wrote:

Sure, he could totally do it. But if he does, he'll have introduced two characters into the manga canon just for what they'll go on to do in a non-canon movie.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Antiyonder

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 981-98X

Postby Antiyonder » January 3rd, 2017, 1:31 am

eros1607 wrote:
Kor wrote:
Tantei San wrote:
Spoiler:
so i don;t think gosho will add a love interest and a butler for No reason.

Gosho's schtick has been adding characters (especially love interests) for no real reason for over 2 decades, so...

I think money is a pretty big (and "legit") reason for Gosho to do that.

I don't know. I mean if you're talking about ways to provide more stories in order to pad out the manga, there are other ways to do so such as development between characters that are already present.
The Mystery of Conan Edogawa.

Arguably one of the best attempts at tackling the story of "Ran discovering the secret behind Conan". It's strong point is taking a common plot for Detective Conan fan fics and presenting it in a fresh manner such as:
- Touching on things that aren't dealt with in the show or discussed much.
- While there is some understanding towards Conan's predicament, the fic doesn't ignore the problematic approach he takes towards keeping quiet.

So, do yourself a favor and read this. I only wish I could so something half as decent.
Jesse Sravya

Postby Jesse Sravya » January 4th, 2017, 10:28 am

When is the next issue releasing? Hasn't it been a very long time since the previous release?

Return to “Story Discussion (Manga Spoilers)”