Discussion thread: Detective Conan 981-983

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Kor

Discussion thread: Detective Conan 981-983

Postby Kor » December 2nd, 2016, 5:23 am

As stated in the above image, please continue to use spoiler boxes for the first seven days in which a file is available. However, due to legal restrictions, we kindly ask that you do NOT post any links in this topic to any Japanese raw files or English scanlations. For more information on this matter, please click here.

Spoiler:
Nemomon

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 981-98X

Postby Nemomon » December 2nd, 2016, 7:02 am

Kor wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
To make fun of Heiji, Conan definitely should tell him (in this case) that Amuro is a BO agent, Amuro... A BO agent was whispering something to his ears. I wonder how Heiji would react... xD
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Spimer

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Postby Spimer » December 2nd, 2016, 7:17 am

Spoiler:
Heiji apparently wanted to do something but Conan suggets that today isn't the best of days to do so: when Heiji checks the date Amuro pops in and says it's Friday the 13th

An unknown man then tells them about why Friday the 13th is said to bring bad luck. He speaks of the extermination of the Order of Templar Knights and how an advisor of Ricard the 3rd was suspected of rebellion and executed, and how it's also believed that the day in which Brutus assassinated Julius Caesar also was a Friday the 13th.

And it also turns out that this Friday 13th is also "Bukumetsu" or the day of Buddha's death, considered by Asians to be one of the unluckiest days ever.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
Tantei San

It's Complicated... It was...It is..And Will remain that way....!!

Postby Tantei San » December 2nd, 2016, 7:21 am

Spoiler:
The man that tells heiji and others about Friday the 13th is definitelyTsutomu Akai I can feel it. On the 1st look itself. HE IS TSUTOMU AKAI. Hell yeah!! Meeting and greeting b/w sera and new guy wohoo....!!
Spimer

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Postby Spimer » December 2nd, 2016, 7:35 am

Spoiler:
Aren't you jumping to conclusions too quickly? We've only seen a few panels.

Maybe he names himself at some other point in the file.

I agree that his clothes look alike but we can't judge with so little factual data.

Time will tell.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
MoonRaven

DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Postby MoonRaven » December 2nd, 2016, 7:45 am

Oh my... This case seems interesting!
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.

My dA There is one file for solely DC drawings.
My FF I have two DC fics: Rose in the Ecplipse of the Sun(or RitEotS) and Dream... or Not(or just DoN). The latter one still ongoing and has a spin-off Leap to Relatively Unknown.
My Tumblr

Chapter 72 of Dream or Not finished the fic 9.1.17 (9th of January)

Chapter 23 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 23.1.17 (23rd of January)

Sequel to DoN and LtRU, Leaping into the Dream has gotten its first chapter 13.4.17 (13th April)

Brilliant DC roleplay behind the years where I was Sera Read away.
Tantei San

Postby Tantei San » December 2nd, 2016, 7:51 am

Spimer wrote:
Spoiler:

I agree that his clothes look alike but we can't judge with so little factual data.

Time will tell.

Yes I was, but i was so excited that I wanted to write it out before anyone else. Sorry !! :-\ :-\ :P
AICHAN

Curry time!

Postby AICHAN » December 2nd, 2016, 7:58 am

Tantei San wrote:
Spimer wrote:
Spoiler:

Time will tell.

Yes I was, but i was so excited that I wanted to write it out before anyone else. Sorry !! :-\ :-\ :P

LOL I made the same comment on the spoiler cbox...because of the outfit...
But I guess it's just Gosho's style so we see similarities between several characters.
Spoiler:
[spoiler]Image

mangaluva wrote:[/spoiler]
"I've built a wall not to keep people out, but to see who loves me enough to climb over it."
eros1607

Postby eros1607 » December 2nd, 2016, 8:10 am

If judged by appearance alone, I can say for sure that Jodie is Vermouth, Akai is related to Hidemi Hondou lol.
Tantei San

Postby Tantei San » December 2nd, 2016, 9:18 am

Spoiler:
Fine.. Fine..Sorry for jumping up on conclusion. It may be that gosho draws that way. But everyone have a feeling that he is Tsutomu . ;D :o
k11chi

Postby k11chi » December 2nd, 2016, 9:36 am

Spoiler:
Ok here is my theory.. This case will serve sort of as a introduction to understanding a bit about this ? ? ? ? guy, or maybe even amuro, sort of like The Red Woman did with Shukichi and Masumi as in we get to the case characters or ideas that reveal something (like how all Yamato cases have aomething to do with War perhaps).
Last edited by k11chi on December 2nd, 2016, 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
M1313

Postby M1313 » December 2nd, 2016, 9:37 am

Spoiler:
Tsutomu Akai? Why not Rum? This new guy looks cool, mysterious, and both his name and age are hidden. If I were Gosho, this is how I would want Rum to look like. His character design is just too good, that he cannot NOT be a member of the Organization. It would be such a waste if he was revealed to be 'just' Papa Akai in disguise, or any other character.
k11chi

Postby k11chi » December 2nd, 2016, 9:39 am

M1313 wrote:
Spoiler:
Tsutomu Akai? Why not Rum? This new guy looks cool, mysterious, and both his name and age are hidden. If I were Gosho, this is how I would want Rum to look like. His character design is just too good, that he cannot NOT be a member of the Organization. It would be such a waste if he was revealed to be 'just' Papa Akai in disguise, or any other character.

Spoiler:
Because as Conan pointed out Rum has to be old.
Ofcourse we could always run into other BO members its been a while after all.
M1313

Postby M1313 » December 2nd, 2016, 9:47 am

k11chi wrote:
Spoiler:
Because as Conan pointed out Rum has to be old.

Spoiler:
Maybe that's why his age is hidden? He may be older than he looks. I'm not necessarily thinking of APTX with this, though I can't rule it out either.
Serinox

Postby Serinox » December 2nd, 2016, 10:30 am

Spoiler:
Or it is Akai himself, who got wind of the murder that was going to happen here (the guy looks like he expected the crime) and needed a different disguise than Okiya because of Amuro. Also, as pointed out in a different forum, don't forget that Friday, 13th is also the date that Akai faked his death at the Raiha Pass, I doubt placing importance on that date again at this moment is a coincidence.

Return to “Story Discussion (Manga Spoilers)”