Discussion thread: Detective Conan 978-980

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Spimer

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 978-98X

Postby Spimer » November 25th, 2016, 7:27 am

Translation of the spoiler pic:
Spoiler:
Kuroda: "Great achievement, Elementary Teacher Wakasa Rumi", huh...
News headline: "Great achievement, Elementary Teacher Wakasa Rumi! She's defeated a criminal golfer!"
Wakita: "Whoa. Talk about smart... and sharp indeed..."
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
Tantei San

It's Complicated... It was...It is..And Will remain that way....!!

Postby Tantei San » November 25th, 2016, 9:30 am

Holy Shit.. Holy Shit....!! Damn..!! Gosho-sensei played it really really well. Damn, So wakita is not just a COTD but gonna be someone who is yet to be introduced and shown more. Ah, there goes my speculations. Looks like this next file will have lots of..! new things to see in the first place.
MeiTanteixX

Postby MeiTanteixX » November 25th, 2016, 10:38 am

Spoiler:
It should be an Amuro vs Heiji case next, if the interview interpretation is correct. Hopefully we get something about Elena, since she has started to become relevant again(with Mary and all).
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
Jesse Sravya

Postby Jesse Sravya » November 25th, 2016, 10:58 am

Does anyone feel that kuroda knows rumi, by the way he speaks? Wakita seems like he's just applauding someone he saw on the newspaper.
Themaninarmor

It's not about me

Postby Themaninarmor » November 25th, 2016, 11:45 am

Hmm.... It is unlikely for Rumi to be BO agents, because if She is a BO agents then she will be more cautious and try to not draw people attention... Like Amuro bourbon

i haven't seen the spoiler pic... so i can't tell that wakita praising Rumi or conan
Last edited by Themaninarmor on November 25th, 2016, 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ran mamijo kun
katara kare anya masuno
eros1607

Postby eros1607 » November 25th, 2016, 11:56 am

Themaninarmor wrote:Hmm.... It is unlikely for Rumi to be BO agents, because if She is a BO agents then she will be more cautious and try to not draw people attention... Like Amura bourbon

i haven't seen the spoiler pic... so i can't tell that wakita praising Rumi or conan

Don't forget that Sharon/Chris Vineyard (Vermouth) is BO agent and is very famous. The same with Hidemi Hondou (Kir). So BO member may not be bother about fame or attention. It depends on how they manage their stuff. We don't know much about Rumi yet so it's too soon to have any assumption.
k11chi

Postby k11chi » November 25th, 2016, 12:08 pm

MeiTanteixX wrote:
Spoiler:
It should be an Amuro vs Heiji case next, if the interview interpretation is correct. Hopefully we get something about Elena, since she has started to become relevant again(with Mary and all).

Spoiler:
About god damn time :o
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » November 25th, 2016, 3:23 pm

Jesse Sravya wrote:Wakita seems like he's just applauding someone he saw on the newspaper.

Kanenori uses "koitsu" (gender neutral) to refer to whomever he's looking at, so, maybe, he's not talking about Rumi at all...
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Valentin

Postby Valentin » November 25th, 2016, 3:53 pm

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:Kanenori uses "koitsu" (gender neutral) to refer to whomever he's looking at, so, maybe, he's not talking about Rumi at all...
Colloquially, the word is used for things as well, so he might refer to just about anything. Given his manner of expression, that might even be the more probable scenario.
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » November 25th, 2016, 5:19 pm

Valentin wrote:
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:Kanenori uses "koitsu" (gender neutral) to refer to whomever he's looking at, so, maybe, he's not talking about Rumi at all...
Colloquially, the word is used for things as well, so he might refer to just about anything. Given his manner of expression, that might even be the more probable scenario.

Especially considering that, while we do see who Hyoue's looking at, we don't see what/who Kanenori's looking at.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Spimer

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Postby Spimer » November 25th, 2016, 6:08 pm

Exactly. "Koitsu" is used a lot to refer to people without specifying the gender, Japanese has a lot of genderless expressions.

So Wakita is surprised at someone's intelligence but we don't know whose intelligence.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
Themaninarmor

It's not about me

Postby Themaninarmor » November 25th, 2016, 6:23 pm

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Especially considering that, while we do see who Hyoue's looking at, we don't see what/who Kanenori's looking at.

Yeah..it's like gosho try to make Wakita as suspicious person. Maybe he will be an important character later... Or another Eisuke hondou... ^-^
ran mamijo kun
katara kare anya masuno
DCUniverseAficionado

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » November 25th, 2016, 11:25 pm

Spimer wrote:Exactly. "Koitsu" is used a lot to refer to people without specifying the gender, Japanese has a lot of genderless expressions.

So Wakita is surprised at someone's intelligence but we don't know whose intelligence.

Themaninarmor wrote:
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:

Yeah..it's like gosho try to make Wakita as suspicious person. Maybe he will be an important character later... Or another Eisuke hondou... ^-^

He could easily be looking at Shinichi/Conan, for all we know. Maybe the picture he's looking at is also from Rumi's apartment, but this one features Shinichi/Conan in it.

This is really the only hint the page gave us—Hyoue's comment is too vague to ascertain if he's already connected to Rumi or not, and, if so, how. All we know is that he's watching her space, now (he may have been, beforehand, but, again, it's just to vague to tell that).
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Postby jimmy_kud0_tv2 » November 25th, 2016, 11:41 pm

since no one is using spoiler boxes when talking about these new spoiler pics, do we still need them?

Spoiler:
Wakita seems to be reading something that looks like it could be a newspaper or magazine. I wonder if his reading something and commenting on it occurs the next day when something like that could be printed? or if he is actually reading something completely different, which is why we aren't shown what he is looking at.

As for Kuroda's internet article, those only really need a single picture and an hour or so of writing, but a newspaper or magazine would usually be printed overnight and released the next day and contain information about events from the day before, or future events soon to come.
It really saddens me to see people continuing to talk about this series as if its dying or that they are losing interest in it. This has been one of my favorite series' since I first heard of it in 2005 and I have never looked back. I really hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
Wheel Of Fate

Postby Wheel Of Fate » November 26th, 2016, 3:38 am

Warning !!.. text spoiler for file 980..

NO BREAK NEXT WEEK..
Spoiler:
FILE980 真っ白な気持ち 

白い手はファンデ塗ったゴルファーの手、構図工夫して自分の手に見えなくしていた 
何かついてると言われて頬を触らなかったのは「書かれてる」ことを知ってたから 
「愛」の字がモデルのものだと判ったというが、普通なら鏡文字は即断できないはず 
文字は薄紙に普通に書いてから、裏を口紅でなぞって頬にこすりつければ出来上がり 
「空想彼女」そのままの展開に灰原どや顔(ほっぺのナルトが無ければなあ……) 
証拠はおそらくゴルフバッグの中、とまで指摘されて 
ゴルファーはコナンに襲い掛かるが 

若狭先生はドジこいたフリしつつゴルファーを転ばせると 
こめかみめがけて肘を撃って気絶させる 
さっそく事件を聞きつけたカメラマンたちに囲まれ、お手柄先生として記事になる 

その記事を目にする者たち…… 
■怪しく睨む捜査一課管理官・黒田と板前・脇田―!?次号、色黒な探偵達がまさかの共演…!!

Return to “Story Discussion (Manga Spoilers)”