Discussion thread: Detective Conan 978-980

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Unlucky Devil

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 978-98X

Postby Unlucky Devil » November 19th, 2016, 3:46 am

Tantei San wrote:So its clear from file 979 that The golfer is the killer and its upto conan to find how he did. And Rumi is the one who planned all this and brought the DBs with her so that she could have it end after all. I am excited to see the aftermath of the case when it is about to end. And why WHY just WHY did conan keep that receipt in his pocket. Is she being suspected?

Spoiler:
It was rather suspicious that she had enough ingredients for all the five kids, when she wasn't expecting anyone at home (at least according to Conan). In 978, after the DBs have helped her complete the tiger painting, she promises to treat them to omelette rice. In the ingredients list that Conan finds, the items are a pack of eggs, glasses, plates, among other things (Bell Pepper, garlic, onion). All these things were bought that very morning meaning she planned to convince them to come to her house.

This also has another implication - Rumi is rather new to the city, and is not commonly frequented by visitors. Also, remember how Rumi said, She'll drop them off at their homes "one by one"? IDK if I'm reading too much int this, but it seems to suggest that it is primarily only one of them that she wants to talk to. Also, Conan catches the bait too easy. I think he is already suspecting her/ it may be another Okiya-thing that's happening. (not so likely, as I can see Rumi as more of a bad character who doesn't want to prevent a murder, rather bring children to it so she can test their intellect)
MeiTanteixX

Postby MeiTanteixX » November 19th, 2016, 4:20 am

Unlucky Devil wrote:Also, remember how Rumi said, She'll drop them off at their homes "one by one"? IDK if I'm reading too much int this, but it seems to suggest that it is primarily only one of them that she wants to talk to.

Wow, that's a nice catch, I didn't pick up on the purpose behind that suggestion! :O
Which, means (seeing as we are closing on file 1000), Rumi might actually approach Conan with true intentions and we might get dragged into a BO plot again! (possibly, if we are lucky)
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
Tantei San

It's Complicated... It was...It is..And Will remain that way....!!

Postby Tantei San » November 19th, 2016, 6:16 am

MeiTanteixX wrote:
Unlucky Devil wrote:Also, remember how Rumi said, She'll drop them off at their homes "one by one"? IDK if I'm reading too much int this, but it seems to suggest that it is primarily only one of them that she wants to talk to.

Wow, that's a nice catch, I didn't pick up on the purpose behind that suggestion! :O
Which, means (seeing as we are closing on file 1000), Rumi might actually approach Conan with true intentions and we might get dragged into a BO plot again! (possibly, if we are lucky)

Spoiler:
That's what i am trying to say in 980 everything will be cleared.! A possiblity lies that after genta, mitsuhiko and ayumi went home then, she will confront ai and conan regarding anything that may be ! And that's when we will be cleared whether or not she is to be suspected or not

Besides 1000th file will actually be related to BO otherwise it wouldn't had that much hype to it.
And Rumi definitely is something else. She has strength but she acts different, I could even eat it because there are people out who are like this. But still that smile she had , The one that MeiTanteixX has as his dp. She is definitely hiding something and when she will approach directly will be a gr8 scene.
Last edited by Kor on November 20th, 2016, 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Combined multi posts
Spimer

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Postby Spimer » November 19th, 2016, 11:38 am

@TanteiSan: please avoid double posting if possible. Please use the edit button to merge the contents of your posts and then delete the extra post.

We don't know if file 1000 will actually feature the BO (file 900 didn't, for example). I think it's too early to jump to conclusions.

A reminder: there is a one-week break so spoilers should come by next weekend.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » November 20th, 2016, 1:04 am

Spimer wrote:We don't know if file 1000 will actually feature the BO (file 900 didn't, for example). I think it's too early to jump to conclusions.

Files 500, 600, 700 and 800 did, while 100, 200, 300 and 400 didn't. The reason File 900 didn't have the BO was because we'd just had Scarlet Showdown the prior case.

It doesn't really make much sense for me to not have the BO be involved in the case that features File 1000—I'm willing to take the risk of being wrong, even though we probably won't get File 1000 and its case until May.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Tantei San

Postby Tantei San » November 20th, 2016, 6:28 am

@Spimer the one's you think are actually two different post i made on the same discussion and not twice.
Kor

Postby Kor » November 20th, 2016, 6:46 am

Tantei San wrote:@Spimer the one's you think are actually two different post i made on the same discussion and not twice.

Well, yeah, he's aware of that. It's just that we ask our users to not multi post, as in, don't post several posts consecutively. It doesn't matter if the contents of the posts is different. You have an edit button which you can use in order to add additional content into your original post.

Basically, this form of scenario shouldn't happen:
Spoiler:

This is what it should look like:
Spoiler:
Tantei San

Postby Tantei San » November 20th, 2016, 7:04 am

Well, I will keep in mind the next time. Sorry for this time . And Also thanks for doing it. @Kor
dccd

Postby dccd » November 22nd, 2016, 6:18 pm

Gosho really accurate @ drawing.
► Show Spoiler
[ ] Yonehara = Rum
[ ] Kuroda = Amuros Boss
[x] MG = Mrs. Akai
[x] Haneda = Brother Akai
[ ] Rumi = Asaka
[ ] Wakita = Bo-Member Whiskey
[ ] Iori = just a butler
Nemomon

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Postby Nemomon » November 22nd, 2016, 11:56 pm

Hmm... I noticed that the words are said by Ayumi, and yet they start from "I'm" instead if "She's".
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Max1996

Postby Max1996 » November 24th, 2016, 1:24 pm

Nemomon wrote:Hmm... I noticed that the words are said by Ayumi, and yet they start from "I'm" instead if "She's".

That's just a small error in the speech bubble. Conan specifically asked "What're you doing, Haibara?"
Serinox

Postby Serinox » November 24th, 2016, 9:59 pm

Max1996 wrote:
Nemomon wrote:Hmm... I noticed that the words are said by Ayumi, and yet they start from "I'm" instead if "She's".

That's just a small error in the speech bubble. Conan specifically asked "What're you doing, Haibara?"

Still, it's clearly Ayumi speaking in the panel.
Kor

Postby Kor » November 25th, 2016, 3:28 am

I imagine this one spoiler pic is enough.

Spoiler:
Amuro321

Postby Amuro321 » November 25th, 2016, 6:11 am

Can anyone Translate what they are sayin in the last spoiler pic?
ATEM

Postby ATEM » November 25th, 2016, 6:27 am

Spoiler:
at least it's a good thing to have a confirmation that all this randomly introduced characters are connected

Return to “Story Discussion (Manga Spoilers)”