Discussion thread: Detective Conan 978-980

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
MeiTanteixX

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 978-980

Postby MeiTanteixX » November 26th, 2016, 4:46 am

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:since no one is using spoiler boxes when talking about these new spoiler pics, do we still need them?

I was also surprised by that xD
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
Spimer

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 978-98X

Postby Spimer » November 26th, 2016, 4:58 am

Translation of text spoilers for File 980:

Spoiler:
File 980: Pure white feelings

The white hand was the golfer's hand whitened with makeup, and he set up things so that it looked like someone else's hand
The reason he didn't touch his cheek when he was told he had something there was because he knew he'd written the text there

He said that the "love" kanji was the vic's writing but one normally can't tell it straight away if it's text reflected on a mirror
The golfer wrote that in a thin paper and painted the reverse with lipstick before sticking it to his cheek to create the trick

Haibara grins since her prediction of a "fictional girlfriend" turned out to be true. Conan says the evidence must be inside of the golf bag: the golfer goes berserk and triesto attack Conan & co.

Wakasa then pretends that she clumsily made the golfer trip and hits his cheek with the elbow thus KO'ing him. Some cameramen who'd come to cover the murder case take photos of her and make an article about her saying she was outstanding.

And some people read this article...

Side-note: "1st Division Superintendent Kuroda and the cook Wakita are very suspicious!? Next issue: What! The two dark-skinned detectives appear together...!!"
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » November 26th, 2016, 5:05 am

Spimer wrote:
Spoiler:
Next issue: What! The two dark-skinned detectives appear together...!!"

Spoiler:
Looks like Shinichi's/Conan's got a lot of explaining to do—he didn't really tell Heiji about the whole Bourbon situation...

Has he even told Heiji that Kir is CIA? Beyond Shinichi/Conan bringing him in due to Masumi, Heiji's really been kept out of the loop since the info he got his hands on led to the end of the Kir arc.

Though he could've already told him about both situations and we just didn't see that exchange, but I'm not so sure about that.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
ATEM

Postby ATEM » November 26th, 2016, 7:20 am

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Spimer wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Looks like Shinichi's/Conan's got a lot of explaining to do—he didn't really tell Heiji about the whole Bourbon situation...

Has he even told Heiji that Kir is CIA? Beyond Shinichi/Conan bringing him in due to Masumi, Heiji's really been kept out of the loop since the info he got his hands on led to the end of the Kir arc.

Though he could've already told him about both situations and we just didn't see that exchange, but I'm not so sure about that.

Spoiler:
I don't think he did conan didn't gave heiji any information unless there was a need for like when he was forced to tell him about the BO and how he had shrunk and in the halloween party also when he needed a help searching for hondou's sister in osaka which was a thing he can't do other than that he kept heiji out of his plans he told him about sera revolving around him but he didn't bother tell him that she isn't dangerous after that maybe not to slip anything regarding akai even in vermouth's arc the professor was the one who called for heiji so we can conclude that heiji know nothing about bourbon akai and Rum
eros1607

Postby eros1607 » November 26th, 2016, 7:27 am

Spimer wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Even Haibara doesn't know Bourbon is PSB although she need to know that more than Heiji (I don't know how she react if she accidentally meet Bourbon lol.), I doubt Conan give Heiji any information about Bourbon. This case may be important to plot, but may be it's just kind of fan service serving for movie 21, who knows?
k11chi

Postby k11chi » November 26th, 2016, 7:49 am

Spoiler:
It's not sure whether or not Conan updated Heiji with the information. All we know for sure is that Conan decided not to tell Heiji about Rum because he didn't have enough information, so it's very possible Heiji does know of them. I can see this question being answered next chapter actually.
vrakro

Postby vrakro » November 26th, 2016, 7:55 am

This is my first post. If I did something wrong, feel free to tell me ^^;

Regarding to Amuro and Heiji

Spoiler:
I read all Gosho's interview and there's a point that bothers me for a while. He said that the true meaning of Amuro's dark skin will be revealed. However, 2 years since his interview, there's no hints about Amuro's dark skin at all. I think to put Heiji who isn't related to BO at all with Amuro might have some meanings (except Gosho just wants to draw them together LOL). Here's my ridiculous assumption. The meaning of dark skin that Gosho mentioned might come from inheritance. There're not many people in DC who have dark skin. If I can recall, there're Heiji, Makoto, and Kansuke. I put my bet on Heiji. He inherits dark skin from his grandfather and Amuro also. Thus they're cousins according to my assumption LOL. Of course that Heiji doesn't know what Amuro's been doing until now since he is a secret police.
sorry for my poor English
Tantei San

Only One truth Prevails !!

Postby Tantei San » November 27th, 2016, 3:20 am

Spoiler:
All right, firstly let's talk about File 980, So conan identifies the trick used by the golfer and ta-da !! No one suspects him to do so, never mind and then
enter Rumi wakasa, KOing out the golfer and the case solves with her being in the headlines.
Enter Kuroda, Applauding rumi's work. Now, if you look at the smirk/grin he had you would realize that, that was something. As IF, the person he send for a mysterious work is going good and he is happy with it the way he planned. Also, the Wakita scene cannot be described, due to lack of any material or any source , except it was a newspaper, probably the newspaper also had conan's picture as well for which he must have been applauding, and if that is so, that means he knows that the ticket robbery case earlier was solved by conan and not kogoro. possibly the fact wakita was shown just to increase hype of his character and him not being of any use. just to make him more important and to divert us from the real RUM

Also, regarding the TWO - DARK SKINNED DETECTIVE'S COMING TOGETHER. Possible scenario being that Heiji comes to meet conan/kudo and they go to Cafe Poirot and something happens there which led to Amuro and Heiji working with Conan and solving the case, Now here's an interesting part, i.e, seeing something happening in the cafe next to his shop, Wakita also comes to see what is going on and ow its 4 detectives solving a case. Also, if there is Ran then possibily sonoko and masumi will be there which can cause a huge character overflow. And can't forget kazuha. Also< Excited for Dark Crimson love-letter>
Last edited by Tantei San on November 27th, 2016, 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Integrate.. Differentiate.. That's what life is all about 8-) >:D
eros1607

Postby eros1607 » November 27th, 2016, 3:38 am

Two-dark skinned detectives. Hope to be Heiji and Amuro. Turn out to be Heiji and Kansuke or Amuro and Kansuke lol :))))
Nemomon

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Postby Nemomon » November 27th, 2016, 7:43 am

Tantei San wrote:
Spoiler:
Enter Kuroda, Applauding rumi's work. Now, if you look at the smirk/grin he had you would realize that, that was something. As IF, the person he send for a mysterious work is going good and he is happy with it the way he planned.

Spoiler:
It could be that Kuroda sent Wakita to spy on Conan considering that he himself cannot do so. But there is one thing to note I think. Similarly to what Amuro once said to Azusa, and that screen appears in the signature of one of our users. He said that he couldn't appear in some gourmet magazine (then Conan commented that it's obvious considering that he's a BO agent). If Rumi is a policeman and works under Kuroda, then she also should not appear in the press, because she risks that someone would recognize her. So in theory she should avoid cameras and journalists, and disappear when one is near.

But indeed she could work under Kuroda.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » November 29th, 2016, 6:37 am

eros1607 wrote:
Spimer wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Even Haibara doesn't know Bourbon is PSB although she need to know that more than Heiji (I don't know how she react if she accidentally meet Bourbon lol.), I doubt Conan give Heiji any information about Bourbon.

Spoiler:
But he did tell Heiji about the Hotel Party Murder case (File 238–File 242/Episode 176–Episode 178). And they had that conversation off-screen/off-panel, before referencing it, later (File 341–File 343/Episode 277–Episode 278). So there is precedent for Shinichi/Conan telling Heiji about BO encounters off-screen/off-panel.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
ATEM

Postby ATEM » November 29th, 2016, 9:42 am

eros1607 wrote:
Spimer wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Even Haibara doesn't know Bourbon is PSB although she need to know that more than Heiji (I don't know how she react if she accidentally meet Bourbon lol.), I doubt Conan give Heiji any information about Bourbon.

Spoiler:
But he did tell Heiji about the Hotel Party Murder case (File 238–File 242/Episode 176–Episode 178). And they had that conversation off-screen/off-panel, before referencing it, later (File 341–File 343/Episode 277–Episode 278). So there is precedent for Shinichi/Conan telling Heiji about BO encounters off-screen/off-panel.

The professor was the one who called heiji and heiji just jumped in shininchi's thoughts when he was talking to the professor , If agasa didn't ask heiji to come I don't think conan would have told him himself about his doubts about jodie or chris venyard and he didn't tell him that he was suspecting araide and shuichi too at that time , DC characters not discussing their minds with each other is a fact anyway but shinichi keeping heiji away isn't that bad , heiji is trusted but he acts before thinking alot and how his tongue would slip can't be predicted how heiji and shinchi minds work is different what heiji considers facing shinchi will consider a threatening unthoughted action and what heiji had done with jodie is an example ...
DCUniverseAficionado

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » November 29th, 2016, 11:58 am

ATEM wrote:The professor was the one who called heiji and heiji just jumped in shininchi's thoughts when he was talking to the professor , If agasa didn't ask heiji to come I don't think conan would have told him himself about his doubts about jodie or chris venyard and he didn't tell him that he was suspecting araide and shuichi too at that time [...] shinichi keeping heiji away isn't that bad , heiji is trusted but he acts before thinking alot and how his tongue would slip can't be predicted how heiji and shinchi minds work is different what heiji considers facing shinchi will consider a threatening unthoughted action and what heiji had done with jodie is an example ...

DC characters not discussing their minds with each other is a fact anyway

You miss the point.

At some point between File 242/Episode 178 and File 341/Episode 277, Shinichi/Conan told Heiji about what happened at Haido City Hotel. That's what I'm talking about—I'm not talking about Hiroshi bringing Heiji over, leading them to reference this off screen conversation. This off screen conversation is what I'm talking about.

Off Topic
The only reason this lack of communication hasn't blown up in Shinichi's/Conan's face and taught him a lesson about being so extreme in his approach is because either Gosho has no intention of having it ever blow up in his face, or he's waiting for a moment down the road.

I understand why people would think it's the former, with Shinichi/Conan paying no price for asking Rei/Toru if he was NPA while not being sure whether he was or not—if Rei/Toru wasn't NPA, then things would've been for Shinichi/Conan—that gives off the impression that he's thinks telling Ran his identity is riskier than going up to a potentially loyal BO member, who is on his intellectual level, and essentially outing himself as an opponent of the BO... and that just doesn't sit right with me.
Stopwatch

Postby Stopwatch » November 29th, 2016, 7:53 pm

Spoiler:
Iirc, last time Conan thought about Bourbon and Hattori he thought he should gather more info on Amuro before it was worth telling Hattori...? That was ages back though. But still, that it was mentioned means it's very possibly still the case?

Do we know it's definitely Hattori and Amuro though? Because Yamato kinda had a link with Kuroda, right? I do find Hattori-Amuro more likely but I'm not 100% sure on that.

And sorry if anything is misremembered. I can't remember which files any of this stuff came up in so I can't exactly double check for accuracy.
Terry Pratchett wrote:The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.

presumenothing wrote:killing the entire akai family must be quite the challenging task, you'd first have to figure out who they are...

Spoiler: Box full of stuff
Write a Will
Some year's SS by Abs. :D
DCW SS from Anime Girl 4 Eva]
Thanks, cinna ^^
Serinox

Postby Serinox » November 30th, 2016, 12:53 am

Stopwatch wrote:
Spoiler:
Iirc, last time Conan thought about Bourbon and Hattori he thought he should gather more info on Amuro before it was worth telling Hattori...? That was ages back though. But still, that it was mentioned means it's very possibly still the case?

Do we know it's definitely Hattori and Amuro though? Because Yamato kinda had a link with Kuroda, right? I do find Hattori-Amuro more likely but I'm not 100% sure on that.

And sorry if anything is misremembered. I can't remember which files any of this stuff came up in so I can't exactly double check for accuracy.

Spoiler:
I don't recall that there was ever a situation in regards to Bourbon. Conan thought this about Rum and Heiji at the beginning of the Kamaitachi case, but if my memory doesn't fail me, Conan never thought about involving Heiji in the whole Bourbon thing.

It shouldn't Yamato, since the side-note used the word "tantei" and that is not usually used in this series to refer to police members; besides, Yamato is an inspector (keibu) and not a detective (keiji).

Return to “Story Discussion (Manga Spoilers)”