Discussion thread: Detective Conan 975-977

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
dccd

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 975-977

Postby dccd » October 21st, 2016, 2:16 pm

Finally... more airtime for a keycharacter.

Random prediction:
She will see a tv-scene with shukichi (or someone else) playing shogi and get emotional.
[ ] Yonehara = Rum
[ ] Kuroda = Amuros Boss
[x] MG = Mrs. Akai
[x] Haneda = Brother Akai
[ ] Rumi = Asaka
[ ] Wakita = Bo-Member Whiskey
[ ] Iori = just a butler
Tantei San

It's Complicated... It was...It is..And Will remain that way....!!

Postby Tantei San » October 21st, 2016, 2:20 pm

tbh i think rum has already appeared , I mean look at the way when the arrival of bourbon annouced it was seeming as if subaru okiya was but instead it was rei . so i guess adding a lot of suspects is to just fog up the secrecy of rum more. but i could be wrong as well.
Themaninarmor

It's not about me

Postby Themaninarmor » October 21st, 2016, 2:50 pm

Hmm... I don't know...why i thought the woman's horse betting ticket is never existed in the first place, and She just want to get kogoro's ticket... ;D
ran mamijo kun
katara kare anya masuno
Unlucky Devil

Postby Unlucky Devil » October 22nd, 2016, 4:02 am

Spoiler:
I think that the first guy- who came wearing a raincoat - cannot be the criminal. He went to the toilet before anyone else arrived. If he left the purse in there, he would have left immediately after the next customer arrived. Also, he went before his food even arrived. So, he couldn't have cleaned that bloodstain. The woman who came at the end was drenched quite bad. So, she must have been in the rain awhile, and her story about coming in a taxi can be believed, as she might have waited for the taxi in the rain. The third person said he came in a bus, but he wasn't wet at all. He wasn't shown entering the restaurant, so he might have been wearing a raincoat, but even then it's not possible for his suit to be that dry and crisply ironed. Someone or the other in the bus would have been wet, as Kogoro stated the weather was all sunny and it suddenly started raining(page 5 of 975). So, I think most likely it is this third person. As far as how the stain was removed, I'm assuming a mix of a few things was used, due to Conan's thoughts "Mix... Clear...". And since he also thought earlier "Why did the criminal choose a sushi bar?", I'm gonna assume it's something he ordered, which can be found only in a "sushi bar" which he had "mixed" to "clear" the blood stains.
As far as the plot is concerned, I don't think the chef can be Rum. He is almost as smart as Conan - they both figured the case out instantly. But, Bourbon has been earlier mentioned to be the Organisation's smartest. And his intellect is lesser than Conan - he won't figure out cases as fast as Conan. I think that um has a different skill set - maybe brute force. He doesn't seem to be a spy, as that would again mean he's smarter than Bourbon. Unless, in those spy missions, he is using brute force somehow. Which character is Rum? - I can't say yet, too little information. We need at least one more appearance from all the suspected Rum characters - Rumi, Kuroda, and whoever the third person is going to be (not introduced yet). I don't think we'll be seeing the chef anymore - he may be just case specific.
Wheel Of Fate

Postby Wheel Of Fate » October 22nd, 2016, 4:36 am

Warning.. Text Spoilers for file 977 !!

Spoiler:
証拠(ネタ)は上がり!…ってね FILE977 江戸前推理ショー

脇田は、犯人は袖の血痕を消しにこの店に来たと言うが
そのタネは小五郎に丸投げ……するが、小五郎はさっぱりわからないので
結局自分で明かす ショウガ汁で血痕のたんぱく質を分解するというもので
ガリを大量に食べてた若い男を犯人扱いする
(あとで男にガリの色素が残るだろと反論される)
男が帰ろうとする際、見たい「TVドラマ」があるからというのも理由で
この時間の番組表はアニメか子供番組しかない…のだが
男は見たい「アニメ」があると言いたくなかっただけだったとか
男が持ち物を全部出し、ほかの客にもそうするよう言いだしたところで
観念した蘭は父が犯人です、と万馬券を差し出すが

女が買った万馬券は馬連(複)で、小五郎の持ってた単勝とは別物
バカバカしい、と客たちが帰ろうとしたので麻酔銃の出番
コナンはショウガ汁と同じプロテアーゼを持つ
大根おろしを食べてたメガネの男が犯人だと断定
メガネ男は帰宅したい他の2人とは違い
「袖に血がついてては支障のある場所に行く用事」がある
それに、メガネ男は「満員」電車が苦手だからバスで来たと言っていたが
なぜ「空いている」電車を待たなかったのか、女の乗っていた電車が「満員」だと知ってたのか

メガネ男は金持ちの娘と結婚していたが、妻の浪費癖がプレッシャーだった
借金もかさみ、妻の実家に頭を下げに行こうか悩んでいたところで魔がさした
妻からの電話を断るとそのまま警察を待ち、メガネ男は連行される

御見逸れしやした!と脇田が小五郎に弟子入り志願すると
小五郎は寿司代安くしますから、と言われてあっさり快諾
その後、蘭にきつく言われて、小五郎は拾った単勝万馬券を交番に届けた
■やっぱり人間正直が一番ですね、小五郎サン。次回、なんだか気になるあの先生が再び登場――!?
  ■第50号につづく■ 次号、作者取材の為 休載です。

万馬券って落とし主が現れなかったらどうするんだろう
落とし主不在で所有権失効するのが交番に届けてから半年ほどかかるのに
万馬券の換金期限はレース確定後から60日以内だというね
Spimer

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Postby Spimer » October 22nd, 2016, 7:22 am

File 977 text spoilers translation:

BREAK NEXT WEEK

Spoiler:
File 977: Edomae Deduction Show (Edomae = Tokyo seafood)

Wakita says the culprit came to the restaurant to wipe off the bloodstain on the sleeve and then passes the baton to Kogoro but he doesn't understand what Wakita means: Wakita ends up explaining what he means: ginger juice can dissolve a bloodstain's proteins so he says the culprit must be the young man who ate a lot of gully.

(The man then argues that traces of pigments would be left on him)

The man wants to leave arguing he wants to see a TV drama yet the broadcast schedule says that, at this hour, only kid-aimed anime is airing on TV so maybe he didn't want to say in public that he wanted to see an anime series: the man brings out his belongings and tells the other customers to do the same: Ran then gives up and says Kogoro is the thief while giving the betting ticket to the woman.

But the woman says that her ticket was for several races in a row and it's not the one Kogoro has in which only one horse is elected. The customers, annoyed, are about to leave but Conan knocks out Kogoro: Conan announces that grated radish has protease like the ginger juice and says that the culprit is the man with glasses.

Unlike the other 2 customers, the glasses man "has blood on his sleeve and has to go to somewhere difficult": he said he came on a bus since he hates cramped trains but Conan asks why he didn't wait for a train with more space? How did he know the woman's train was cramped?

The man says he'd married a wealthy girl but he felt pressured by the extravagant spending of his wife: he was accumulating debts and was trying to decide if shamefully go ask his wife's family for financial help: that was when he felt tempted (and stole the woman's betting ticket). He cuts off a phone call by his wife and waits for the police to come: he's then taken to the station.

Wakita tells Kogoro he's impressed and asks to be his apprentice and offers to lower the sushi's price if he comes again so Kogoro agrees on the spot.

Afterwards, after Ran's persitent lecture, he goes to deliver the ticket he picked up to a police station

Side-note: "Being totally honest is the way to be, Kogoro - san! Next issue: that rather intriguing teacher appears!?"
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
Wakarimashita

Postby Wakarimashita » October 22nd, 2016, 7:26 am

Spoiler:
Really an uninteresting case. Glad to know we'll be seeing Rumi again though. I liked her character during the previous case.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

Nemomon

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Postby Nemomon » October 22nd, 2016, 8:16 am

Spoiler:
Ran again butts in... It is really hard to like her...
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
eros1607

Postby eros1607 » October 22nd, 2016, 12:23 pm

Spimer wrote:File 977 text spoilers translation:

BREAK NEXT WEEK

Spoiler:
File 977: Edomae Deduction Show (Edomae = Tokyo seafood)

Wakita says the culprit came to the restaurant to wipe off the bloodstain on the sleeve and then passes the baton to Kogoro but he doesn't understand what Wakita means: Wakita ends up explaining what he means: ginger juice can dissolve a bloodstain's proteins so he says the culprit must be the young man who ate a lot of gully.

(The man then argues that traces of pigments would be left on him)

The man wants to leave arguing he wants to see a TV drama yet the broadcast schedule says that, at this hour, only kid-aimed anime is airing on TV so maybe he didn't want to say in public that he wanted to see an anime series: the man brings out his belongings and tells the other customers to do the same: Ran then gives up and says Kogoro is the thief while giving the betting ticket to the woman.

But the woman says that her ticket was for several races in a row and it's not the one Kogoro has in which only one horse is elected. The customers, annoyed, are about to leave but Conan knocks out Kogoro: Conan announces that grated radish has protease like the ginger juice and says that the culprit is the man with glasses.

Unlike the other 2 customers, the glasses man "has blood on his sleeve and has to go to somewhere difficult": he said he came on a bus since he hates cramped trains but Conan asks why he didn't wait for a train with more space? How did he know the woman's train was cramped?

The man says he'd married a wealthy girl but he felt pressured by the extravagant spending of his wife: he was accumulating debts and was trying to decide if shamefully go ask his wife's family for financial help: that was when he felt tempted (and stole the woman's betting ticket). He cuts off a phone call by his wife and waits for the police to come: he's then taken to the station.

Wakita tells Kogoro he's impressed and asks to be his apprentice and offers to lower the sushi's price if he comes again so Kogoro agrees on the spot.

Afterwards, after Ran's persitent lecture, he goes to deliver the ticket he picked up to a police station

Side-note: "Being totally honest is the way to be, Kogoro - san! Next issue: that rather intriguing teacher appears!?"

Spoiler:
The chef is impressed and ask to be an apprentice. LOL. Sound familiar.
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 975-97X

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » October 23rd, 2016, 10:51 pm

eros1607 wrote:
Spoiler:
Still miss Kuroda. Gosho somehow forgets him

Spoiler:
Eh, no.

Tomoaki Ariade is a character that Gosho forgot about (he even admitted it). 50+ Files without an appearance is nothing compared to nearly 500 Files without an appearance.

Spimer wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
At this point, I'm just wondering what his and Hyoue's real secrets are, because it's very doubtful that either one of them is actually Rum.

Nemomon wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
???

So her doing the right thing makes her unlikeable? Really?

Geez, next thing you're gonna say is that she shouldn't have "butted in" when Vermouth was going to kill Shiho/Ai.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
eros1607

Postby eros1607 » October 23rd, 2016, 11:54 pm

@DCUniverseAfictionado: I prefer Ran not butted in to save Shiho/Ai. Akai is there, he can save her. And Shiho meeting Akai is a huge plot catalyst. Usually, in fiction we don't like people just because they did right or not. If that is the case, Joker is not that popular.
Nemomon

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Postby Nemomon » October 24th, 2016, 1:31 am

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
eros1607 wrote:
Nemomon wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
???

Geez, next thing you're gonna say is that she shouldn't have "butted in" when Vermouth was going to kill Shiho/Ai.

Spoiler:
In this case Ran "butted in" two times. First, she accused her own father to be a thief. Which means that her trust in father is pretty low. She even risked her father being thrown in jail. She even for a second didn't think what trouble she can cause. If I were in her shoes, I'd rather try to protect my own father (regardless of what crime he would commit) than sell him, and what's more - for free.

Second, she forced him to give up the ticket. There is a saying - "finders keepers, losers weepers". Kogorou didn't steal the ticket, he found it, so now it belongs to him. Now it should be up to him whether to bring the ticket to station, or not. Not her business. Plus, if Kogorou kept the ticket, even her own life would improve a bit.

In other words, she officially accused her own father being a thief, almost got him arrested, almost ruined his reputation, and gave up a lot of money. In my book she is too irresponsible, and definitely doesn't act her age. Girls 16/17 yo are much more inteligent, or at least smarter than her.

I hardly can like such a stupid character.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
MeiTanteixX

Postby MeiTanteixX » October 24th, 2016, 1:39 am

eros1607 wrote:@DCUniverseAfictionado: I prefer Ran not butted in to save Shiho/Ai. Akai is there, he can save her. And Shiho meeting Akai is a huge plot catalyst. Usually, in fiction we don't like people just because they did right or not. If that is the case, Joker is not that popular.

In my opinion, this is one of the most absurd opinions I've read.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
Themaninarmor

It's not about me

Postby Themaninarmor » October 24th, 2016, 1:50 am

Nemomon wrote:
eros1607 wrote:
Nemomon wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
???

Spoiler:
In this case Ran "butted in" two times. First, she accused her own father to be a thief. Which means that her trust in father is pretty low. She even risked her father being thrown in jail. She even for a second didn't think what trouble she can cause. If I were in her shoes, I'd rather try to protect my own father (regardless of what crime he would commit) than sell him, and what's more - for free.

Second, she forced him to give up the ticket. There is a saying - "finders keepers, losers weepers". Kogorou didn't steal the ticket, he found it, so now it belongs to him. Now it should be up to him whether to bring the ticket to station, or not. Not her business. Plus, if Kogorou kept the ticket, even her own life would improve a bit.

In other words, she officially accused her own father being a thief, almost got him arrested, almost ruined his reputation, and gave up a lot of money. In my book she is too irresponsible, and definitely doesn't act her age. Girls 16/17 yo are much more inteligent, or at least smarter than her.

No, She isn't like that.... Remember the baron knight case... She tried very hard to proof her senior innocent. If She report the case to police, doesn't mean Kogoro Will be the culprit... She just try to hold justice, which people nowadays don't have
ran mamijo kun
katara kare anya masuno
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » October 24th, 2016, 2:07 am

eros1607 wrote:@DCUniverseAfictionado: I prefer Ran not butted in to save Shiho/Ai. Akai is there, he can save her. And Shiho meeting Akai is a huge plot catalyst.

[..]

Usually, in fiction we don't like people just because they did right or not. If that is the case, Joker is not that popular.

If he could've done that, then he would've taken out Calvados way before he shot Jodie.

Let Ran have that moment—it's her most important plot moment (and on a related note, I like Shiho/Ai and Ran, together, in general—it's something I'd like to see more of, in fact).

It'd be a huge character catalyst... will it lead to anything beyond their inevitable reconciliation? I don't think so. Thus, it's not really a pure plot-based catalyst (like Vermouth, APTX or Koji Haneda).

If you're going with the popularity argument, then Batman is just as popular.

I like real people and fictional characters who do the right thing. You may not find that interesting, and, thus, not likable, but that's you.

I don't see the problem of Ran making Kogoro give the ticket back, or her recognizing the possibility that the ticket was the woman's, and taking according action, since Kogoro wouldn't.

MeiTanteixX wrote:
eros1607 wrote:@DCUniverseAfictionado: I prefer Ran not butted in to save Shiho/Ai. Akai is there, he can save her. And Shiho meeting Akai is a huge plot catalyst. Usually, in fiction we don't like people just because they did right or not. If that is the case, Joker is not that popular.

In my opinion, this is one of the most absurd opinions I've read.

And this is coming from another person who's also been very much looking forward to their meeting.

Nemomon wrote:
Spoiler:
In this case Ran "butted in" two times. First, she accused her own father to be a thief. Which means that her trust in father is pretty low.

She even risked her father being thrown in jail. She even for a second didn't think what trouble she can cause. If I were in her shoes, I'd rather try to protect my own father (regardless of what crime he would commit) than sell him, and what's more - for free.

Spoiler:
If anything, Ran's essentially had to watch over him, even when she's the teenager. She's the one watching out for his health and financial status. When it comes to anything but a case when one of his old friends is involved (File 84–File 86/Episode 28 and File 374–File 376/Episode 305–Episode 306)... and even then, it's no guarantee (File 793–File 795/Episode 667–Episode 668)... he's not exactly reliable. He's lucky she hasn't gone to live with Eri, given that he's an alcoholic, gambling womanizer who blows money on all three of those tendencies. If you had a father like Kogoro, would you stick around?

Hyperbolic. The woman would've let it go, because of Ran telling the truth, and because, if it had been her ticket, what would've happened was Kogoro simply picking up the ticket after it had been dropped by the thief. The woman considered him a suspect because she'd thought he was lying about dropping his ticket—she thought he'd actually been on her train, and had been the one to steal the ticket.

That's you. And by saying "any crime," you've really lost me. I'd turn any of my family or friends in if they murdered someone. Murder is murder. If I ran someone over with my car, I'd turn myself in. My morals aren't suspended because friends or family are involved. It'd have to be a very specific kind of scenario (like one constructed by professionals, think the Trolley Problem) for me to let anyone off for something like murder, and even then, I'd still think it was wrong for me to do so. You'd have to call Shinichi out for all I've just said, too... oh, and pretty much every other character in DC.

And that's something I also don't agree with. If I found a million-dollar suitcase (or any financial possessions of someone else, for that matter), I'd send it in (think the detective protagonist from American Gangster). And again, it'd have to be a very specific kind of scenario for me to not do so.

Nope, because it would've been considered just an accident. And Kogoro really shouldn't have the reputation he has, in the first place. I'm surprised it's managed to stay as it is, at this point. And, honestly, it might be the kick in the gut Kogoro needs to straighten his act. Ran and Eri have gotten the short end of the stick, when it comes to him, because he's let himself go. He's ultimately a good person, but it's buried deeper than it should be. And we haven't even gotten into his attitude towards Shinichi/Conan. And then there's the end text to the File: "Being totally honest is the way to be, Kogoro!" That says that Ran was in the right, pressuring him to return the ticket, and NOT keep it and benefit from it.

Yeah... because teenagers are totally known for being smart and responsible. Ran's actually more responsible than the average teenager, in fact.

Yep... I'm still tired of the implications of, "[X] isn't a super sleuth/a genius, so the heck with them," alright.

*sigh* I'd rather not think of your post as character bashing, but... it's kind of hard for me to think of it in any other light.

Themaninarmor wrote:
Nemomon wrote:
eros1607 wrote:
Nemomon wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
???

Spoiler:

No, She isn't like that.... Remember the baron knight case... She tried very hard to proof her senior innocent. If She report the case to police, doesn't mean Kogoro Will be the culprit... She just try to hold justice, which people nowadays don't have

And thanks for bringing that up—that story is proof that both she and Shinichi may have doubts (her with her karate inspiration and him with his soccer inspiration), but, no matter who it is, if they commit something like murder, they'll do all they can to make sure that that person owns up to it.
Last edited by DCUniverseAficionado on October 24th, 2016, 4:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)