Discussion thread: Detective Conan 975-977

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 975-97X

Postby jimmy_kud0_tv2 » October 15th, 2016, 10:53 am

Spoiler:
"since autumn"

its currently Autumn, meaning its a new dish and they haven't had it for long.
there is an Autumn haiku on the cover of 976.
It really saddens me to see people continuing to talk about this series as if its dying or that they are losing interest in it. This has been one of my favorite series' since I first heard of it in 2005 and I have never looked back. I really hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
Tantei San

It's Complicated... It was...It is..And Will remain that way....!!

Postby Tantei San » October 15th, 2016, 11:24 am

but to be honest i am quite surprised, the raws of 976 are out in vietnamese. But neither in japanese nor english or some any other language. btw is it okay to post them here via adding a link to it. besides can anyone post the cover of 976 .
Spoiler:
TAA...DAAAH....... You and me are HU-MAN....
MrDetective

Irregular Scans staff

Postby MrDetective » October 15th, 2016, 11:45 am

Spoiler:
seems like buckteeth guy seems solved the case in chapter 976
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Postby jimmy_kud0_tv2 » October 15th, 2016, 11:54 am

Tantei San wrote:but to be honest i am quite surprised, the raws of 976 are out in vietnamese. But neither in japanese nor english or some any other language. btw is it okay to post them here via adding a link to it. besides can anyone post the cover of 976 .

a certain website has the chapter all ready and posted spoiler pics. the person who has been translating the last few chapters has posted translations of the spoiler pics. below in the spoiler box is the cover image, although it has a bit of the top and sides of the page trimmed off a bit like the last few weeks of spoiler pics.

Its not a good idea to post links to full versions of the chapter here. Sometimes single panels seem to be ok, as long as its not a large chunk of the chapter.

Spoiler:
It really saddens me to see people continuing to talk about this series as if its dying or that they are losing interest in it. This has been one of my favorite series' since I first heard of it in 2005 and I have never looked back. I really hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
Wakarimashita

Postby Wakarimashita » October 15th, 2016, 12:14 pm

Yeah, no links to scans in Japanese or English please.

As for Vietnamese, the manga is licensed in Vietnam as well so it's probably a better idea to avoid it altogether too.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

Wheel Of Fate

Postby Wheel Of Fate » October 15th, 2016, 1:07 pm

Warning.. Text Spoilers for file 976..

Spoiler:
FILE976 奪われた万馬券

万馬券の本当の持ち主だという女は、満員電車の中でレース結果を聞き
万馬券の入っていたポーチを取り出して確認すると
それを無造作にバッグにつっこみ、浮かれている隙にスられたという
女はスリの顔を見ることはできなかったが、スリの袖を握った際に
女がもともと怪我していたせいで指の絆創膏から染み出た血の跡がある

ところが、容疑者とみられる3人の客の誰にも血はついていない
コナンと蘭が小五郎を疑いだすと
小五郎は万馬券自体に血がついてないから違うだろうと言い返すが
女は怪我をしてない方の手でしか触れてないという
そこで段平似のすし屋・脇田が小五郎に推理勝負を吹っかけてきたうえ
それぞれ用事で帰ろうとする客をなんだかんだで引き止める

女が小五郎の袖を確認すると、醤油のしみがついてるのだが
前後の行動があやふやで、つい説明が言い訳じみた怪しいものに

痺れを切らした女が警察を呼んで所持品検査をしようとする
女「アンタ達も警察が加わって… ちゃんと自分への疑いを消してもらった方がいいわよね?」
コナンはこの一言に何か感づいた様子
すると脇田は、その必要はないという
脇田「なんたって犯人はもう… まな板の鯉…
    アッシに名指しされて… 白状(ゲロ)するだけだからよォ!」
■小五郎おじさん、ピンチです…次号は、江戸っ子探偵による推理ショーが――!?
Tantei San

Postby Tantei San » October 15th, 2016, 1:17 pm

Arigato, Wakarimashita.!!
Spoiler:
Spimer

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Postby Spimer » October 15th, 2016, 4:36 pm

Translation of File 976 text spoilers:
Spoiler:
File 976: The stolen 10,000 yen betting ticket

The woman who claims to be the owner of a 10,000 yen betting ticket was listening to the race results in a crowded train
When she was about to take out the betting ticket from the pouch to see if she'd won the bet someone easily stuffs it inside a bag and steals it
She couldn't see the pick-pocketer's face but when she grabbed his/her sleeve she resisted the pull and, as a result, some bloodstains came out from her finger's splaster

But none of the 3 suspects have any bloodstains on them: Ran and Conan question Kogoro but he argues back that the ticket he picked didn't have any blood on it yet the woman lets out that she'd only touched it with her free hand insofar: the excentric sushi restaurant employee has challenged Kogoro to a deduction battle: the customers want to leave saying they've got things to do but the two of them somehow manage to force them to remain.

The woman inspects Kogoro's sleeve and finds soy sauce stains and his explanations of his actions of before and after become uncertain, more like excuses, so the woman gets suspicious.

She's had enough of this so she's about to ring the police to have him inspected
Woman: "You guys... The police is gonna come. Why don't you allow them to prove you're not guilty, huh?"
Conan seems to notice something in her words
And Wakita says there's no need to ring the police
Wakita: "'Cause our culprit... Is a carp about to be cut up... I only need to name 'em... And have 'em confess (spill it up), you see!"

Side-note: "Uncle Kogoro is in trouble... Next number, our rought detective will do a deduction show!?"
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
sanchai95

Postby sanchai95 » October 18th, 2016, 3:34 pm

Im going to go with Cola guy. Sounds like a reasonable theory.

Also agree with the theory with Wakita being a rival to RUM. Or yes maybe he IS the real Kuroda!

Thanks for the texts by the way

Mod note: edited your posts and combined them. In the future please use the "edit" function to avoid double posting.
Last edited by Spimer on October 18th, 2016, 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double posting
I started reading Detective Conan as a kid, I loved every part of it even when I didn't understand the science or logic behind a case. Now as an adult, it's bitter sweet knowing the series has lasted this long, because I am still surprised at what Gosho has to over but sad knowing soon a big part of my life will come to an end. I'm glad to know there are people out there who love this series as much as I do and is willing to lose sleep just to discuss the intricate plot.
Tantei San

Postby Tantei San » October 19th, 2016, 11:57 am

KURODA..!!? How on earth is this possible .! Care to explain this theory
Spoiler:
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Postby jimmy_kud0_tv2 » October 19th, 2016, 11:23 pm

Spoiler:
I'm changing my guess to the Woman suspect on the grounds that she ordered a Highball drink. It seems a lot of highball drinks are made by mixing either a Scotch or a Japanese Whiskey with Carbonated Water. Carbonated water contains the same carbonic acid that Cola contains, but due to being clear, won't leave a stain, and not having the syrup means it won't leave a sticky residue. The mixture of the alcohol and the carbonated water could be the "join in" thing that Conan reacts to.

If she really did take a taxi that was only 1 meter from her work place (firm) all the way to the restaurant, the she shouldn't be that soaking wet. However, making sure that she got rained on means that she could then soak her sleeve with the clear alcohol and it wouldn't be suspicious because all of her clothing is wet.

There was a bit of a time jump during the first chapter from the time where the third suspect entered the restaurant and when Conan and co finished their food. In the second chapter all three suspects mention using the restroom, however only the first suspect is shown using it in the first chapter. I believe that because he used it first, that it is unlikely that he planted the bag there, because of the chance that someone else would go to the restroom after him and potentially see it and say that it was there.
Valentin

Postby Valentin » October 21st, 2016, 8:14 am

Spoiler:
According to the spoiler pictures, File 977 is the resolution chapter, and after its publication, there is going to be a break; File 978 will be released on November 9. It seems that the pattern of one case per month that was established in July will continue for a while.

Most interestingly, the side note announces “another appearance of that somehow bothering sensei”, though the Japanese word for another could also be translated as a second. Enter Rumi Wakasa?
Nemomon

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 975-977

Postby Nemomon » October 21st, 2016, 8:33 am

It as well could be about Eri, but it isn't very probable.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
estuputri

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 975-977

Postby estuputri » October 21st, 2016, 8:47 am

Spoiler:
After read it, I didn't think the chef is Rum. Maybe he just a chef that really like mistery.

And I still think that Rum is the character that haven't been explain before. Still waiting..
eros1607

Postby eros1607 » October 21st, 2016, 10:03 am

Valentin wrote:
Spoiler:
According to the spoiler pictures, File 977 is the resolution chapter, and after its publication, there is going to be a break; File 978 will be released on November 9. It seems that the pattern of one case per month that was established in July will continue for a while.

Most interestingly, the side note announces “another appearance of that somehow bothering sensei”, though the Japanese word for another could also be translated as a second. Enter Rumi Wakasa?

Spoiler:
If that seisei appears, it will be great. Every suspicious character should appear more. Still miss Kuroda. Gosho somehow forgets him

Return to “Story Discussion (Manga Spoilers)”