Discussion thread: Detective Conan 975-977

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Vinnie

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 975-977

Postby Vinnie » November 2nd, 2016, 12:32 pm

Problem is, if Wakita is Rum, he might discover who is Conan and that will be troublesome.

The "after rats in the BO" is something I also thought but Kogoro? What about him, I wonder. He really "appeared" outta nowhere but is it something to be suspicious of... Maybe they're worried that Kogoro might catch them all LOL
KaitoRizu

Postby KaitoRizu » November 2nd, 2016, 3:08 pm

Well... Conan has been more careless than usual lately...
It's true that he made mistakes since the beginning but I can't help but feel like it increased (telling Rumi about the gadgets, doing that obvious deduction show in front of Wakita etc...)

Almost every Rum suspect seems to easily get a clue or two about Conan being an abnormal child and about his "sleeping Kogoro" act so I wouldn't be surprised if Rum ended up discovering his true identity regardless of what his true goals are...
Thanks for the SS Kamite! ;D
Spoiler:
Swagnarok

Postby Swagnarok » November 2nd, 2016, 3:58 pm

I'm more than a little skeptical that he'd call his fan base stupid.
Last edited by Spimer on November 3rd, 2016, 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Deleted link by another user linking to unappropiate content
暮らす下一つ屋
My fanfic account:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7291651/Swagnarok
Serinox

Postby Serinox » November 2nd, 2016, 4:08 pm

Vinnie wrote:The "after rats in the BO" is something I also thought but Kogoro? What about him, I wonder. He really "appeared" outta nowhere but is it something to be suspicious of... Maybe they're worried that Kogoro might catch them all LOL

Well, yes, Gin said that they need to do something about/get rid of Kogoro in File 953, so naturally he seems like a target of the BO again, like he was in the Bourbon Arc.
Vinnie

Postby Vinnie » November 3rd, 2016, 8:48 am

Couldn't agree more @KaitoRizu. I cannot tell since when, but he has been so careless that it scares me. If we look closely, there are more people approaching him (Rei, Sera, Rumi...). But maybe Gosho is doing this on purpose, I don't know.

@Serinox, funny thing is how Kogoro doesn't know a damn thing. Poor guy lmao
caribou

Postby caribou » November 13th, 2016, 6:19 am

Spoiler:
I was just thinking that the ending of the chapter didn't reveal who Kogoro's winning ticket actually belonged to. If the chef is indeed Rum and he has been watching Kogoro for a while, that may explain why Kogoro suddenly came upon a winning ticket... Rum wanted an excuse to have an encounter (maybe with Conan as well...?) but he had been told that Kogoro only went to the sushi shop when he's made a winning. So it's possible that Rum (maybe with the help of other BO henchmen) arranged (1) to obtain the "Pirate's Spirit" ticket, and (2) the "drop" of the ticket so that Kogoro would find it with his wallet.

Or, maybe, everything is really just a coincidence and the chef is really just a red herring. :p
"Shh! Celebrate after the curtain of this bloody stage closes."

PirateKing

Postby PirateKing » November 13th, 2016, 10:54 am

caribou wrote:
Spoiler:
I was just thinking that the ending of the chapter didn't reveal who Kogoro's winning ticket actually belonged to. If the chef is indeed Rum and he has been watching Kogoro for a while, that may explain why Kogoro suddenly came upon a winning ticket... Rum wanted an excuse to have an encounter (maybe with Conan as well...?) but he had been told that Kogoro only went to the sushi shop when he's made a winning. So it's possible that Rum (maybe with the help of other BO henchmen) arranged (1) to obtain the "Pirate's Spirit" ticket, and (2) the "drop" of the ticket so that Kogoro would find it with his wallet.

Or, maybe, everything is really just a coincidence and the chef is really just a red herring. :p

Spoiler:
Unlikely. Kogoro got the ticket before the game began. Unless the chef also rigged the horse race to ensure Pirate's Spirit won the race, thus enabling Kogoro to make a winning, it doesn't make sense to arrange for Kogoro to get a ticket for a horse that might not win. So I don't think your theory holds.
caribou

Postby caribou » November 17th, 2016, 4:57 am

PirateKing wrote:
caribou wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Unlikely. Kogoro got the ticket before the game began. Unless the chef also rigged the horse race to ensure Pirate's Spirit won the race, thus enabling Kogoro to make a winning, it doesn't make sense to arrange for Kogoro to get a ticket for a horse that might not win. So I don't think your theory holds.

That makes sense. So much for my two cents then. ^_^"
"Shh! Celebrate after the curtain of this bloody stage closes."

Tantei San

It's Complicated... It was...It is..And Will remain that way....!!

Postby Tantei San » November 19th, 2016, 8:52 am

Tbh If going by what you guyz say, It is possible that the ticket was all faux and was there by wakita. Since, BO is a big underworld sort of organization it is possible that they might have bought all the horses of the race and then its all possible. But maybe i am thinking way too much in that sense.
Spimer

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Postby Spimer » November 19th, 2016, 11:34 am

Feels too big of a thing to do just to give Kogoro a motivation to drop by the Iroha Sushi restaurant, no?

The BO is supossed to keep its existence hidden and even if they hid behind a cover (like Haibara's lab, labelled as a private pharmaceutical lab in the news explaining its "accidental" fire) I think someone would take notice.

In my opinion the whole thing with the betting ticket was a pure coincidence, there are cases like those in real life about finding people's dropped wallets and so.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"