Discussion thread: Detective Conan 975-977

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Kor

Discussion thread: Detective Conan 975-977

Postby Kor » October 7th, 2016, 5:31 am

As stated in the above image, please continue to use spoiler boxes for the first seven days in which a file is available. However, due to legal restrictions, we kindly ask that you do NOT post any links in this topic to any Japanese raw files or English scanlations. For more information on this matter, please click here.

Spoiler pics are out, so... discuss I guess...
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 975-97X

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » October 7th, 2016, 6:06 am

Spoiler:
For those of you wondering about the new detective:

The chef has his left eye covered, and is 56 years old.

His name, you ask?

Kanenori Wakita.

Kanji: 脇田兼則

Hiragana: わき た かね のり

No break next week!
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
MeiTanteixX

Postby MeiTanteixX » October 7th, 2016, 6:42 am

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Spoiler:

His name, you ask?

Kanenori Wakita.

No break next week!

Spoiler:
so it was "Kanenori" all along...
脇田兼貝リ ...
..."Wakita" was at least called right (google did its job) :P

I'm definitely betting on Kuroda if Wakita is our other option. I don't want Rum to be a mouse lol (it's unique if that were the case, that's for sure)

My only wish is for Rum to be a character that was already introduced before the start of the arc...
....I suddenly remembered Fusae and Billy...
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
k11chi

Postby k11chi » October 7th, 2016, 6:47 am

Spoiler:
So we have another Rum suspect arrive.
Wakarimashita

Postby Wakarimashita » October 7th, 2016, 7:16 am

Spoiler:
That character design sure is ugly.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

Spimer

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Postby Spimer » October 7th, 2016, 7:26 am

Summary of spoiler pics contents':
Spoiler:
File goes like this: Kogoro is betting at horse races at usual and finds a 10,000 yen horse race bet ticket which bets on a horse that's won today's race and thus the reward is 1 million yen: apparently he picked it up from the floor somewhere when he dropped his wallet with the tickets inside and it's not something he bought.

Nevertheless, he decided to go celebrate at a sushi restaurant and find they're the only customers: the chef (Wakita Kanenori, 56) introduces himself and his assistant and the group begins to eat while Conan momentarily thinks about RUM's description that he/she have an artificial eye. He tries asking the chef about it and says it was something horrible yet it sounds like it was recently.

Two other customers come in and order their meals: a young woman comes in complaining with the rain and a middle-aged woman suddenly gets nervous at something she sees on her phone and tries to leave: apparently someone's stolen some money off her but her wallet still has money yet she's missing 10,000 yen horse race bet ticket: Kogoro and the others get nervous because it might be that woman's ticket and they're actually using money that belongs to her

Customers' names:

. Harashima Tsunetaka (25)
. Munechika Tameshige (42)
. Ashino Natsume (33)
. Hirijisawa Suzuyo (47) (Curiouly enough there's a "?" next to the "customer" as if she doesn't appear to be a customer)

So it'd seem that either Kogoro has her ticket or someone else has it
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » October 7th, 2016, 11:23 am

Wakarimashita wrote:
Spoiler:
That character design sure is ugly.

Spoiler:
And does he have buck teeth? Was I seeing that right? (It also looked like he kept his tongue stuck out)

Spimer wrote:Summary of spoiler pics contents':
Spoiler:
File goes like this: Kogoro is betting at horse races at usual and finds a 10,000 yen horse race bet ticket which bets on a horse that's won today's race and thus the reward is 1 million yen: apparently he picked it up from the floor somewhere when he dropped his tickets and it's not something he bought.

Nevertheless, he decided to go celebrate at a sushi restaurant and find they're the only customers: the chef (Wakita Kanenori, 56) introduces himself and his assistant and the group begins to eat while Conan momentarily thinks about RUM's description that he/she have an artificial eye. He tries asking the chef

Three other customers come in and order their meals: a woman suddenly gets nervous at something she sees on her phone and tries to leave: apparently someone's stolen some money off her but her wallet still has money yet she's missing 10,000 yen horse race bet ticket: Kogoro and the others get nervous because it might be that woman's ticket and they're actually using money that belongs to her

Customers' names:

. Harashima Tsunetaka (25)
. Munechika Tameshige (42)
. Hirijisawa Suzuyo (47) (Curiouly enough there's a "?" next to the "customer" as if she doesn't appear to be a customer)

So it'd seem that either Kogoro has her ticket or someone else has it

Spoiler:
No one's dead during this first file? That either means this case will be longer than usual, or won't be about a murder, but, rather, about this ticket.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Tantei San

It's Complicated... It was...It is..And Will remain that way....!!

Postby Tantei San » October 7th, 2016, 11:33 am

He's being shown as another RUM suspect, but, to be honest, I find it quite amusing that a person like RUM would be working in a restaurant.

That asides, he looks too weird and foolish type of a person (not exactly foolish but more like a careless person). We'll eventually figure more about that.

Spoiler:
No one's dead during this first file? That either means this case will be longer than usual, or won't be about a murder, but, rather, about this ticket.

More like a theft or blackmailing
Last edited by Spimer on October 7th, 2016, 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
DCUniverseAficionado

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » October 7th, 2016, 11:36 am

Tantei San wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
It'll probably revealed to be that—and it is what will lead to the deduction battle between Kanenori and Kogoro.
Last edited by Spimer on October 7th, 2016, 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed the quotes
Tantei San

It's Complicated... It was...It is..And Will remain that way....!!

Postby Tantei San » October 7th, 2016, 11:41 am

Tantei San wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
It'll probably revealed to be that—and it is what will lead to the deduction battle between Kanenori and Kogoro.

Spoiler:
And as usual Conan will interfere ;D ;D to save Kogoro and will lead to Kanenori vs Conan with Kanenori applauding and saying something related to the BO making Conan go in sort of a shock {Chapter Ends}
Last edited by Spimer on October 7th, 2016, 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed the quotes and polished the grammar
eros1607

Postby eros1607 » October 7th, 2016, 12:01 pm

I kinda miss Kuroda already. About the chef, he doesn't have BO aura. Remember the case Red, White, Yellow, Subaru surely had different design and persona from the rest of other suspect.
MrDetective

Irregular Scans staff

Postby MrDetective » October 7th, 2016, 12:02 pm

MeiTanteixX wrote:
Spoiler:

His name, you ask?

Kanenori Wakita.

No break next week!

Spoiler:
so it was "Kanenori" all along...
脇田兼貝リ ...
..."Wakita" was at least called right (google did its job) :P

I'm definitely betting on Kuroda if Wakita is our other option. I don't want Rum to be a mouse lol (it's unique if that were the case, that's for sure)

My only wish is for Rum to be a character that was already introduced before the start of the arc...
....I suddenly remembered Fusae and Billy...

didn't Gosho already said in an interview or something to leave Fusae alone ?
Spimer

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Postby Spimer » October 7th, 2016, 12:08 pm

@MrDetective: I think he did say that.

And, besides, RUM is supposed to be a man to begin with, maybe a "femenine-looking" man but a man.

That asides, none of the cast made any special observation about her.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
k11chi

Postby k11chi » October 7th, 2016, 12:15 pm

eros1607 wrote:I kinda miss Kuroda already. About the chef, he doesn't have BO aura. Remember the case Red, White, Yellow, Subaru surely had different design and persona from the rest of other suspect.

Are you saying the chef doesn't? He has a Weird design that can look completely different once he keeps his mouth shut and takes the chef hat off, not a "normal" case character design. His shoulders seem to be pretty wide so maybe he's a largely built person.
eros1607

Postby eros1607 » October 7th, 2016, 12:24 pm

k11chi wrote:
eros1607 wrote:I kinda miss Kuroda already. About the chef, he doesn't have BO aura. Remember the case Red, White, Yellow, Subaru surely had different design and persona from the rest of other suspect.

Are you saying the chef doesn't? He has a Weird design that can look completely different once he keeps his mouth shut and takes the chef hat off, not a "normal" case character design. His shoulders seem to be pretty wide so maybe he's a largely built person.

In the raw, I can still see his tooth if he closes his mouth. Besides, I have hard time imagining BO No.2 work at a restaurant. I think it more reasonable if he/she infiltrates police of intelligence agencies if he/she is targeting spies in BO . Maybe I am wrong, but let's see what is going on.

Return to “Story Discussion (Manga Spoilers)”