Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-974

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Post Reply
Kor
Administrator

Posts:
3012

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-97X

Post by Kor »

Serinox wrote:
Spoiler:
Ran met Shuichi twice before current time and Shinichi once (same number for Shinichi and Shukichi, though so far in the flashback it's not clear if they met back then). You make it sound like they run into him in every flashback.
Spoiler:
You misunderstood. I was speaking in general regarding all of their coincidental meetings throughout the series, not just the flashbacks.
Image
ATEM

Posts:
82

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-97X

Post by ATEM »

Kor wrote:
Serinox wrote:
Spoiler:
Ran met Shuichi twice before current time and Shinichi once (same number for Shinichi and Shukichi, though so far in the flashback it's not clear if they met back then). You make it sound like they run into him in every flashback.
Spoiler:
You misunderstood. I was speaking in general regarding all of their coincidental meetings throughout the series, not just the flashbacks.
Spoiler:
I am not that satisified about how the manga is going but I don't consider this , as their meetings throughout the series to some extent can't be considered coincidental many times were because akai was following araide and watching over the mouri's agency , adding that most of the characters present most of the time at beika when they are in tokyo so they have more chance to meet . Of coarse the rate of coincidences is not low not just with the akais' but with all the characters and with all the places , if we looked from that point of view the whole series will become pointless and nonsense ,it is based upon that from the start a detective who coincident crimes wherever he goes
User avatar
Wakarimashita
Moderator

Posts:
3606

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-97X

Post by Wakarimashita »

Having cases coincidentally happen and characters coincidentally meet up wherever the detective goes is one thing, and one that is necessary for the whole case-solving premise to work. Having characters repeatedly coincidentally meet up to drive the overall story forward is another, and that's when the bad writing comes in.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

Image
User avatar
Serinox

Posts:
530
Contact:

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-97X

Post by Serinox »

Kor wrote:
Serinox wrote:
Spoiler:
Ran met Shuichi twice before current time and Shinichi once (same number for Shinichi and Shukichi, though so far in the flashback it's not clear if they met back then). You make it sound like they run into him in every flashback.
Spoiler:
You misunderstood. I was speaking in general regarding all of their coincidental meetings throughout the series, not just the flashbacks.
Spoiler:
Okay, then it would be three for both. Still not that much all things considered, but it depends on one's viewpoint I suppose.
User avatar
eros1607

Posts:
126

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-97X

Post by eros1607 »

Spoiler:
Just check the raw of 973. Akai hair style=What the heck. Gosho kinda underrate Akai so that he is not more outstanding than Conan/Shinichi, just like he underrates Ai/Shiho
User avatar
k11chi

Posts:
1486

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-97X

Post by k11chi »

eros1607 wrote:
Spoiler:
Just check the raw of 973. Akai hair style=What the heck. Gosho kinda underrate Akai so that he is not more outstanding than Conan/Shinichi, just like he underrates Ai/Shiho
Spoiler:
Seems to me he has his hair slicked back because he's at the beach?
User avatar
eros1607

Posts:
126

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-97X

Post by eros1607 »

k11chi wrote:
eros1607 wrote:
Spoiler:
Just check the raw of 973. Akai hair style=What the heck. Gosho kinda underrate Akai so that he is not more outstanding than Conan/Shinichi, just like he underrates Ai/Shiho
Spoiler:
Seems to me he has his hair slicked back because he's at the beach?
Spoiler:
I hope so. Still it looks weird though. At least give him the hairstyle of Subaru, Gosho. The case is less interesting than I thought btw.
Last edited by eros1607 on September 16th, 2016, 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
MrDetective
Irregular Scans staff

Posts:
258

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-97X

Post by MrDetective »

ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
estuputri

Posts:
43

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-97X

Post by estuputri »

k11chi wrote:
Spoiler:
Just check the raw of 973. Akai hair style=What the heck. Gosho kinda underrate Akai so that he is not more outstanding than Conan/Shinichi, just like he underrates Ai/Shiho
Spoiler:
is 973 already out?
Spoiler:
I'm happy this file finaly come up. I curious what happened 10 years ago? Maybe this case is the first time SHinichi's family meet Akai's family. But we don't know how far this case bring the relationship between them.

Btw, I also curious is Shuichi remember Shinichi or pretending didn't know him
User avatar
eros1607

Posts:
126

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-97X

Post by eros1607 »

estuputri wrote:
k11chi wrote:
Spoiler:
Just check the raw of 973. Akai hair style=What the heck. Gosho kinda underrate Akai so that he is not more outstanding than Conan/Shinichi, just like he underrates Ai/Shiho
Spoiler:
is 973 already out?
Spoiler:
I'm happy this file finaly come up. I curious what happened 10 years ago? Maybe this case is the first time SHinichi's family meet Akai's family. But we don't know how far this case bring the relationship between them.

Btw, I also curious is Shuichi remember Shinichi or pretending didn't know him
Spoiler:
Yes. 973 is out. Still not anything big. Akai did all the deduction in this file.
User avatar
k11chi

Posts:
1486

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-97X

Post by k11chi »

eros1607 wrote:
k11chi wrote:
eros1607 wrote:
Spoiler:
Just check the raw of 973. Akai hair style=What the heck. Gosho kinda underrate Akai so that he is not more outstanding than Conan/Shinichi, just like he underrates Ai/Shiho
Spoiler:
Seems to me he has his hair slicked back because he's at the beach?
Spoiler:
I hope so. Still it looks weird though. At least give him the hairstyle of Subaru, Gosho. The case is less interesting than I thought btw.
Spoiler:
Seems pretty clear to me. He's clearly growing his hair but he has it slid back. The case took 1 chapter to happen and solve so I can't imagine it being anything mind boggling.
Image
User avatar
Red Field

Posts:
4

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-97X

Post by Red Field »

Any English side-note's translation of file 972 2nd page?
User avatar
Serinox

Posts:
530
Contact:

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-97X

Post by Serinox »

Well, the important part about this flashback is not really the flashback itself, but the fact that Shinichi remembered, so that the new knowledge gained from his memories can further the plot in current time (...eventually).
Red Field wrote:Any English side-note's translation of file 972 2nd page?
"Akai family’s hidden past is revealed..?! A new must-read series!!"
One of the usual hype texts from the editors it seems.
User avatar
Red Field

Posts:
4

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-97X

Post by Red Field »

Serinox wrote:Well, the important part about this flashback is not really the flashback itself, but the fact that Shinichi remembered, so that the new knowledge gained from his memories can further the plot in current time (...eventually).
Red Field wrote:Any English side-note's translation of file 972 2nd page?
"Akai family’s hidden past is revealed..?! A new must-read series!!"
One of the usual hype texts from the editors it seems.
Thank you! :)
Kor
Administrator

Posts:
3012

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-97X

Post by Kor »

It said Kuroda was in a decade long coma, right? So that means he can't be daddy Akai, cause Shuichi was apparently on his quest of vengeance even before this flashback (which was 10 years ago) so that means his dad was gone since a few years earlier. (Of course it's still possible not-truly-dead daddy Akai switched places with real Kuroda mid coma... I think...)
Image
Post Reply