Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-974

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Viper

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-97X

Postby Viper » September 24th, 2016, 7:27 am

Spoiler:
Yuusaku has one hell of a vision if he could tell from a photo what the time on the watch is, but I guess design of the watch might have been the thing to catch his eye, it was a bit too fancy for beach.
AMY 99

"somewhere , something incredible is waiting to be known."

Postby AMY 99 » September 24th, 2016, 9:09 am

Spoiler:
I dont think that the flashback has over when masumi said that shinichi is a wizard because we haven't seen the boy how said " its scary like being possessed by something" although , why did conan remember mary whithout the jacket in file 969? she didnt take it off during the case??
apologize , my english isn't really good
KaitoRizu

Postby KaitoRizu » September 24th, 2016, 10:26 am

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
KaitoRizu wrote:You forgot one there.. there's one more new character:
The Heiji love rival girl :P ... Momiji *sigh*

To be honest, I'm betting on her to be the "new" character next case, even if its a bit too early for Heiji to come back.

I don't think it's her because she didn't look like she'd be a detective... not even the smart type.. she was more like a "popular girl" or a "rich spoiled daughter" type...
But that isn't a proof and we don't know anything about her so... maybe... *shrugs*
Thanks for the SS Kamite! ;D
Spoiler:
k11chi

Postby k11chi » September 24th, 2016, 11:44 am

Yeah, the only way it'd be her is if she's just trying to play detective and then something. Though her failing to solve anything wouldn't really make any impact. I guess she could hinder the others from gathering clues and stretch any normal case because of that. Doesn't sound something Gosho would do though.
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » September 24th, 2016, 10:53 pm

Spimer wrote:
Spoiler:
Masumi thinks she's got another reason for calling Conan a "wizard"

Spoiler:
Ah, so she does have a second reason. I wonder if it has anything to do with the flashback case, or is it due to more recent events?
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
rfsuki

Postby rfsuki » September 25th, 2016, 2:13 am

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Spimer wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Ah, so she does have a second reason. I wonder if it has anything to do with the flashback case, or is it due to more recent events?

Spoiler:
I wonder what that real reason is... At that time Masumi suddenly called Conan "wizard" and she was way too young to appreciate Conan's deduction ability or so, and Conan didn't actually do anything in that case (Akai did all the deductions), so I think Conan's intelligence has nothing to do with this "real reason" . Maybe she just implied that her biggest bro was so important to her that it's a great thing to make him laugh? If she already started having a crush on Shinichi/Conan at that point, why using "wizard" but not another word? Not to mention that Shukichi, Masumi's middle brother also use the word "wizard" and asked Masumi if she "has already met the Wizard" in chapter 861.

What do you guys think?
eros1607

Postby eros1607 » September 25th, 2016, 4:51 am

k11chi wrote:Yeah, the only way it'd be her is if she's just trying to play detective and then something. Though her failing to solve anything wouldn't really make any impact. I guess she could hinder the others from gathering clues and stretch any normal case because of that. Doesn't sound something Gosho would do though.

So Momiji=Sonoko+Detective boys. LOL. I hope not. Will be more interesting if she is a yandere. DC has full of tsundere as hell.
mihai

Postby mihai » September 25th, 2016, 4:54 pm

quote="DCUniverseAficionado"]
We know she called him a wizard/a magician because he made Shuichi smile and laugh when she could not. Question is, how many cases will we have to wait until it gets confirmed?[/quote]
Well, isn't it confirmed already? Now that both Conan and Masumi are on the same page regarding those memories, they act accordingly and there will be no need to waste space with her confirming it to Conan and making small talk

KaitoRizu wrote:
jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
KaitoRizu wrote:You forgot one there.. there's one more new character:
The Heiji love rival girl :P ... Momiji *sigh*

To be honest, I'm betting on her to be the "new" character next case, even if its a bit too early for Heiji to come back.

I don't think it's her because she didn't look like she'd be a detective... not even the smart type.. she was more like a "popular girl" or a "rich spoiled daughter" type...
But that isn't a proof and we don't know anything about her so... maybe... *shrugs*

Even if Momiji is the new detective and smart enough for it, I don't see how effective she would be as a love rival for Kazuha. I mean even their parents know Heiji and Kazuha will get married, so how come she is that confident?

rfsuki wrote:
Spimer wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I wonder what that real reason is... At that time Masumi suddenly called Conan "wizard" and she was way too young to appreciate Conan's deduction ability or so, and Conan didn't actually do anything in that case (Akai did all the deductions), so I think Conan's intelligence has nothing to do with this "real reason" . Maybe she just implied that her biggest bro was so important to her that it's a great thing to make him laugh? If she already started having a crush on Shinichi/Conan at that point, why using "wizard" but not another word? Not to mention that Shukichi, Masumi's middle brother also use the word "wizard" and asked Masumi if she "has already met the Wizard" in chapter 861.

What do you guys think?

Spoiler:
she did talk alot with Shuukichi, so he probably knew she called Shinichi "wizard". Also as Meitantei said few pages back, she probably saw Shinichi during Wimbledon and decided to come to Japan to meet the wizard. And that's why Shuukichi said that. As for the other reason, Masumi probably kept track with Shinichi's fame before taking the Ahotoxin
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » September 26th, 2016, 5:50 am

mihai wrote:Even if Momiji is the new detective and smart enough for it, I don't see how effective she would be as a love rival for Kazuha. I mean even their parents know Heiji and Kazuha will get married, so how come she is that confident?

[...]

Masumi probably kept track with Shinichi's fame before taking the Ahotoxin[/spoiler]

Well, as effective as Masumi and/or Shiho/Ai being Ran's love rival over Shinichi, I'd say. She'd be as smart as Heiji, and may even have similar personalities, but, in the end, it just wouldn't work out for her.

We don't know if Heiji or Kazuha know or don't know Momiji. If it's the latter, then she comes off in File 962 like a stalker, and her reason for doing so may be some childhood encounter between her and Heiji...

Spoiler:
A.k.a., a retread of the most recent case (File 972–File 974).

If Heiji and Kazuha do know her, it'll probably be because they met her at a kendo tournament, since Heiji's kendo rival, Okita, goes to Momiji's school, Kyoto High.

:D
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
eros1607

Postby eros1607 » September 26th, 2016, 7:02 am

Well, as effective as Masumi and/or Shiho/Ai being Ran's love rival over Shinichi, I'd say. She'd be as smart as Heiji, and may even have similar personalities
We have Sera already, although Sera is not at Heiji's level but still superior than a lot of characters. Their personality is similar too.

We don't know if Heiji or Kazuha know or don't know Momiji. If it's the latter, then she comes off in File 962 like a stalker, and her reason for doing so may be some childhood encounter between her and Heiji...

So everyone has known each other since childhood. Conan know Akai's family since childhood seems forced enough to me.

If Heiji and Kazuha do know her, it'll probably be because they met her at a kendo tournament, since Heiji's kendo rival, Okita, goes to Momiji's school, Kyoto High.

:D

Gosho tends to pair everyone with each other. I wonder if Okita appear will appear soon. If that is the case, bet that Momiji knows Okita since childhood too :)))
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Postby jimmy_kud0_tv2 » September 26th, 2016, 12:09 pm

mihai wrote: Ahotoxin

Can't tell if Osakan pun or spelling error
:P
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
DCUniverseAficionado

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » September 27th, 2016, 4:44 am

eros1607 wrote:
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:We don't know if Heiji or Kazuha know or don't know Momiji. If it's the latter, then she comes off in File 962 like a stalker, and her reason for doing so may be some childhood encounter between her and Heiji...

So everyone has known each other since childhood. Conan know Akai's family since childhood seems forced enough to me.

We don't know yet if they are, so I'm not concluding anything, either way.

It could come off as forced is because Gosho didn't have this in mind back when he introduced Shuichi. That and the length of DC, of course.

And honestly, now that we do have Shinichi and Ran meeting the Akais, ten years ago, does it really matter that the same could apply to a new character like Momiji, who first appeared in two panels on one page of one file? It may come off as repetitive if Momiji knows Heiji (and maybe Kazuha) from childhood, but it certainly wouldn't be forced.
RucyL

Postby RucyL » September 28th, 2016, 11:14 am

Spimer wrote:
Spoiler:

Maybe she calls him "wizard" just because he survived the APTX4869. Being alive is almost a miracle, it's way more probable to die that to shrink, so you could interpretate it as something "magical".
"A true lady leaves no puzzle unsolved."
Swagnarok

Postby Swagnarok » September 28th, 2016, 11:38 am

RucyL wrote:
Spimer wrote:
Spoiler:

Maybe she calls him "wizard" just because he survived the APTX4869. Being alive is almost a miracle, it's way more probable to die that to shrink, so you could interpretate it as something "magical".

Wouldn't her mother be an even bigger wizard then?
Spoiler:
Unshackled lycanthrope as I am, only my appetite matters
I'm numb to all but this overwhelming sense of satisfaction
Leaning back my head to rest, letting my feral eyes nod off
My pants stained by the scarlet trickle leading from the body
My heart stops beating, and the razor thin tightrope snaps
Helplessly I plunge headfirst into the wrong side of eternity
My cup runneth over with bad karma, the pressure building
I will never escape the piercing glare of their lavender eyes

My fanfic account:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7291651/Swagnarok
k11chi

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-974

Postby k11chi » September 28th, 2016, 12:35 pm

They didn't know or remember the name of Shinichi but they remembered him as the same Wizard. Because he did something that made them remember him.