Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-974

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
MeiTanteixX

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-974

Postby MeiTanteixX » October 1st, 2016, 8:41 am

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
MeiTanteixX wrote:What I noticed is that Mary never smiles(even when comparing her son to her husband in a somewhat happy way). That's a clear explanation to why Sera thought it was very creepy to see her stern mother smile(after Kichi won the shogi tournament).

I was thinking the same thing the other day, but the line I was looking at while thinking that was this:
I forgot about this haha. Can't wait to see this animated!
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
Tantei San

It's Complicated... It was...It is..And Will remain that way....!!

Postby Tantei San » October 1st, 2016, 1:30 pm

watever may be Father Akai's profession ..! what was the reason shuuichi wanted to join only FBI? if Mr akai was japanese, Then , Why actually Shuu didn't join FBI, couldn't he work with Japanese police department. Though he might not get exactly the same way with that of FBI but the undercover part was definetly he could get. I don't get the fact. If you do please tell me guyz!!
Serinox

Postby Serinox » October 1st, 2016, 2:13 pm

Tantei San wrote:watever may be Father Akai's profession ..! what was the reason shuuichi wanted to join only FBI? if Mr akai was japanese, Then , Why actually Shuu didn't join FBI, couldn't he work with Japanese police department. Though he might not get exactly the same way with that of FBI but the undercover part was definetly he could get. I don't get the fact. If you do please tell me guyz!!

Because his father was involved in a case, made enemies and disappeared/died in the US.
KaitoRizu

Postby KaitoRizu » October 1st, 2016, 2:48 pm

I'm starting to think that maybe Tsutomu is alive and he's the one putting the case details on the Internet, it does seem like he'd know the details about it after all...
Any thoughts?
Thanks for the SS Kamite! ;D
Spoiler:
Spimer

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Postby Spimer » October 1st, 2016, 3:24 pm

@KaitoRizu: possible. We don't have enough data to discard or affirm anything at this stage.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
haibaralove

Postby haibaralove » October 2nd, 2016, 1:49 am

KaitoRizu wrote:I'm starting to think that maybe Tsutomu is alive and he's the one putting the case details on the Internet, it does seem like he'd know the details about it after all...
Any thoughts?

Even I think so Coz they have specifically mentioned that his body was never found!!!
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » October 2nd, 2016, 7:54 am

haibaralove wrote:
KaitoRizu wrote:I'm starting to think that maybe Tsutomu is alive and he's the one putting the case details on the Internet, it does seem like he'd know the details about it after all...
Any thoughts?

Even I think so Coz they have specifically mentioned that his body was never found!!!

It's either him or Rumi, I'd say.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
MeiTanteixX

Postby MeiTanteixX » October 2nd, 2016, 1:29 pm

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
haibaralove wrote:
Any thoughts?

I'm leaning more towards Rumi.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Image Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

jimmy_kud0_tv2

Postby jimmy_kud0_tv2 » October 2nd, 2016, 2:24 pm

MeiTanteixX wrote:
haibaralove wrote:
Any thoughts?

when you both say Rumi, are you thinking that she is Asaka?

The reason I ask is that I find it a bit weird about Asaka being the uploader. That would mean that Asaka is uploading the story from the point of view where he/she is saying that they are the main suspect. Also regardless of whether Asaka had solved the dying message, their name appears in it. If anyone else were to actually find the information and look in to it (besides Conan) then Asaka would still be the main suspect.
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
MeiTanteixX

Postby MeiTanteixX » October 2nd, 2016, 4:31 pm

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
MeiTanteixX wrote:
haibaralove wrote:
Any thoughts?

The reason I ask is that I find it a bit weird about Asaka being the uploader. That would mean that Asaka is uploading the story from the point of view where he/she is saying that they are the main suspect. Also regardless of whether Asaka had solved the dying message, their name appears in it. If anyone else were to actually find the information and look in to it (besides Conan) then Asaka would still be the main suspect.
In this context, we are only saying that she is the uploader. I still have reservations regarding her being Asaka(Mary could still fit in Asaka's shoes), but the reason I'm leaning more towards her is because if Mary was Asaka, then that would mean that Tsutomu and Asaka never met or crossed path while being involved in the same serial murder case(which seems less likely, although not impossible). I still see Mary as a valid asaka candidate, but Rumi seems more probable at the moment...

If Rumi is Asaka, then that would mean that what she's trying to do is to clear her name, by getting help(or luring involved people) from the outside. Since she's trying to find the culprit(Rum), she has to take the risk of exposing herself a bit.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image Image

ATEM

Postby ATEM » October 2nd, 2016, 4:47 pm

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
MeiTanteixX wrote:
haibaralove wrote:
Any thoughts?

We still don't know who is rumi and what's it's aim here but if she is the one uploading why she has to be asaka too ??
But I agree that it's hard for asaka to be the one uploading for the same reason unless telling the story in that way gives some kind of an important information that proves his/her innocence from asaka's view waiting for that person who is gonna figure it out ,
for me Rumi is too young to be asaca although telling that she is 10 years older than kobyashi seemed too suspicious to me from more than one point of view like the comparative way and if it's a normal thing in japan for a teacher to give his age to primary students '"I don't mean it's bad but rather useless like why to tell them she is 10 years older " , however if we aren't facing a second case of antiaging so it's impossible for her to be asaka nor Rum.

Although she has nothing to do with asaca's photo but I go for mary is asaca for now , for tsutomu , his introduction gave the impression to everyone that he is alive so as a twist here I'd prefer him dead xD xD however having a real suspects for who is uploading the case is too hard at the moment adding to the akai family we have many unfunctioning characters that we know they are so important but still don't know what role they are playing like sakurako who is a suspect to me too..
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Postby jimmy_kud0_tv2 » October 2nd, 2016, 4:48 pm

MeiTanteixX wrote:In this context, we are only saying that she is the uploader. I still have reservations regarding her being Asaka(Mary could still fit in Asaka's shoes), but the reason I'm leaning more towards her is because if Mary was Asaka, then that would mean that Tsutomu and Asaka never met or crossed path while being involved in the same serial murder case(which seems less likely, although not impossible). I still see Mary as a valid asaka candidate, but Rumi seems more probable at the moment...

If Rumi is Asaka, then that would mean that what she's trying to do is to clear her name, by getting help(or luring involved people) from the outside. Since she's trying to find the culprit(Rum), she has to take the risk of exposing herself a bit.

As for Mary, since we know she was pregnant and showing at the time, it would be unlikely that Asaka was Mary. It would be quite unsafe for the baby for the mother to be acting as a bodyguard.
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
MeiTanteixX

Postby MeiTanteixX » October 2nd, 2016, 5:37 pm

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:As for Mary, since we know she was pregnant and showing at the time, it would be unlikely that Asaka was Mary. It would be quite unsafe for the baby for the mother to be acting as a bodyguard.

We don't really know when her body started to show her pregnancy. Akai saw it before he moved to the US from Japan, but we don't really know how many months Akai spent in Japan before moving. He could have moved after 4-5 months(whenever her body started to show), during the same year(17 years ago).
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image Image

Spimer

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Postby Spimer » October 2nd, 2016, 6:43 pm

Aren't we overlooking the fact that when Sera told Mary about the info Hotta had gotten included "Asaka is a woman" she considered it wortheless and boring? Like she already knew that.

If she was the uploader why not write "Asaka is a woman" to help people who want to look into the matter get a lead instead of having them struggle to figure out Asaka's gender?

Assuming she is Asaka, then it would make sense that she didn't write that.

But then again Asaka and RUM are supposed to be the same person given Gin's talk with Vodka on the same file "Some murder Rum screwed up 17 years ago". Gin has no reason to lie to Vodka and sounds like both of them knew that already. Why would Gin bother to make that up when he wants to point out that the whole Haneda Kouji case being investigated doesn't matter him at all?

As a personal opinion, I'm not sure about what Rumi's role here is yet: maybe we're trying to look for an existing character to be the info uploader when it's someone who's yet to make their debut?

Anyway, all we can do now is speculate and see how things turn out.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
MeiTanteixX

Postby MeiTanteixX » October 2nd, 2016, 7:17 pm

Spimer wrote:Aren't we overlooking the fact that when Sera told Mary about the info Hotta had gotten included "Asaka is a woman" she considered it wortheless and boring? Like she already knew that.

If she was the uploader why not write "Asaka is a woman" to help people who want to look into the matter get a lead instead of having them struggle to figure out Asaka's gender?

Assuming she is Asaka, then it would make sense that she didn't write that.

I don't think Mary is the uploader, whether she's Asaka or not. It has to be Rumi. If she's Asaka, then the reasons are simply to find the culprit(Rum), possibly because of her connection to Kouji and also because she wants to clear her name. If She's not Asaka, then I think that she's out for revenge and is looking for Asaka(who she thinks is the culprit) and is using the dying message(which she figured out by herself, because she's obviously intelligent) in her name, to lure/test people she's suspicious of.

Spimer wrote:As a personal opinion, I'm not sure about what Rumi's role here is yet: maybe we're trying to look for an existing character to be the info uploader when it's someone who's yet to make their debut?

Anyway, all we can do now is speculate and see how things turn out.

That's also a very likely possibility(like the upcoming Chef Detective). I still have that hunch that Rumi's motives are connected to Kouji's death though, and that she joined Teitan because her investigation of Kogoro, who was involved in Hotta Gaito's case(or who's Wifi IP address suggests to have visited the Kouji website), lead her to Conan.
Last edited by MeiTanteixX on October 3rd, 2016, 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image Image