Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-974

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Spimer
Moderator
User avatar

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Posts: 870

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-974

Postby Spimer » October 4th, 2016, 7:04 am

@KaitoRizu: it's alright, I was also going off-topic as well hence why I suggested to move all speculation about RUM's identity to its appropiate topic and leave this topic to speculate over the next case.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
Tantei San
User avatar

It's Complicated... It was...It is..And Will remain that way....!!

Posts: 310

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-974

Postby Tantei San » October 4th, 2016, 11:50 am

Spimer wrote:@KaitoRizu: it's alright, I was also going off-topic as well hence why I suggested to move all speculation about RUM's identity to its appropiate topic and leave this topic to speculate over the next case.


Btw SIR Spimer, Do you have any leads regarding the next case though the manga be out by 12th october !?
Wheel Of Fate
Posts: 78

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-974

Postby Wheel Of Fate » October 4th, 2016, 11:54 am



I don't know what does it mean.. but I think this is the cover for ss #46.
jimmy_kud0_tv2
User avatar
Posts: 700

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-974

Postby jimmy_kud0_tv2 » October 4th, 2016, 12:24 pm

Wheel Of Fate wrote:

I don't know what does it mean.. but I think this is the cover for ss #46.


that image of Conan and Ran with the night baron book is actually an older cover from mid 2013
Complete color works version : http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki ... n_book.jpg
the text next to them seems to be similar to the text that we already know from the other preview
It really saddens me to see people continuing to talk about this series as if its dying or that they are losing interest in it. This has been one of my favorite series' since I first heard of it in 2005 and I have never looked back. I really hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
Image
DCUniverseAficionado
User avatar

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Posts: 1317

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-974

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » October 4th, 2016, 12:28 pm

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:The reason I ask is that I find it a bit weird about Asaka being the uploader. That would mean that Asaka is uploading the story from the point of view where he/she is saying that they are the main suspect. Also regardless of whether Asaka had solved the dying message, their name appears in it. If anyone else were to actually find the information and look in to it (besides Conan) then Asaka would still be the main suspect.


Thus, if Asaka is not Rum, the most likely candidate becomes Rumi Wakasa, due to her appearance, age and abilities.

Her interest in Shinichi/Conan is also a factor—perhaps she was able to track him to to his access of the web page where she posted the info, and/or had her full attention on the murder of Gaito Hotta (File 951–File 953). Eventually, either one or both led her to tracking down Shinichi/Conan and becoming a faculty member at Teitan Elementary to get a look at him in person, and test him.


What do you mean by appearance? Asaka's appearance, what we can see from the out of focus photograph, is 17 years out of date. Also Asaka is supposedly androgynous enough that even Hotta was only guessing due to the mirror. But Rumi is clearly dressed in a "feminine" type fashion.

(this is just a question and not an argument, for or against her)


I just meant she has long black hair. 17 years ago, she could've had it in a ponytail.

She certainly doesn't act "feminine" in private (File 968). She easily could've been wearing more "masculine" clothing 17 years ago, especially as a bodyguard.

MrDetective wrote:I still think Kuroda is Rum and you can't convince me otherwise


Subaru ≠ Bourbon

Jodie ≠ Vermouth

I guess you think Gosho's going for the double twist of, "You thought he was too obvious, but he actually is Rum because he's too obvious!"

So why hasn't he made a move on Shiho/Ai, yet?

Now, as for 975...

Spoiler:
This cook's going on my Rum suspect list—at this point, any character with detective-level intelligence could be Rum.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Tantei San
User avatar

It's Complicated... It was...It is..And Will remain that way....!!

Posts: 310

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-974

Postby Tantei San » October 4th, 2016, 12:55 pm

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:The reason I ask is that I find it a bit weird about Asaka being the uploader. That would mean that Asaka is uploading the story from the point of view where he/she is saying that they are the main suspect. Also regardless of whether Asaka had solved the dying message, their name appears in it. If anyone else were to actually find the information and look in to it (besides Conan) then Asaka would still be the main suspect.


Thus, if Asaka is not Rum, the most likely candidate becomes Rumi Wakasa, due to her appearance, age and abilities.

Her interest in Shinichi/Conan is also a factor—perhaps she was able to track him to to his access of the web page where she posted the info, and/or had her full attention on the murder of Gaito Hotta (File 951–File 953). Eventually, either one or both led her to tracking down Shinichi/Conan and becoming a faculty member at Teitan Elementary to get a look at him in person, and test him.


What do you mean by appearance? Asaka's appearance, what we can see from the out of focus photograph, is 17 years out of date. Also Asaka is supposedly androgynous enough that even Hotta was only guessing due to the mirror. But Rumi is clearly dressed in a "feminine" type fashion.

(this is just a question and not an argument, for or against her)


I just meant she has long black hair. 17 years ago, she could've had it in a ponytail.

She certainly doesn't act "feminine" in private (File 968). She easily could've been wearing more "masculine" clothing 17 years ago, especially as a bodyguard.

MrDetective wrote:I still think Kuroda is Rum and you can't convince me otherwise


Subaru ≠ Bourbon

Jodie ≠ Vermouth

I guess you think Gosho's going for the double twist of, "You thought he was too obvious, but he actually is Rum because he's too obvious!"

So why hasn't he made a move on Shiho/Ai, yet?

Now, as for 975...

Spoiler:
This cook's going on my Rum suspect list—at this point, any character with detective-level intelligence could be Rum.


Spoiler:
Though You say that Any person with detective intelligence will be RUM .! Aint it! .! So that means there could be any one in the Police Department(Not Only Kuroda) as all are big detectives. Besides I don't know why but the fact that Haibara didn't feel the aura is somehow related to his state of being in coma. Precisely being in coma he must have lost contact with BO, there must be someone who would have kept an eye on him though. BO must have left him with the fact when he will wake then he will work. And since he doesn't remember Hai is also because of him being in coma.
Spimer
Moderator
User avatar

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Posts: 870

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-974

Postby Spimer » October 4th, 2016, 2:22 pm

@Tantei San:

The next case's preview posted on the official site states:

Spoiler:
"Ran, Kogoro and Conan go to a sushi restaurant. There they meet a very efficient cook who loves mysteries. And he challenges Kogoro to a deduction battle!?"


While we're at it, please try to improve your grammar a bit (caps out of place and such) and add paragraphs. I understand that maybe English isn't your first language or that you're typing from a smartphone but let's try to make posts easier to read for the other users, alright?
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
Tantei San
User avatar

It's Complicated... It was...It is..And Will remain that way....!!

Posts: 310

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-974

Postby Tantei San » October 4th, 2016, 2:53 pm

Spimer wrote:@Tantei San:

The next case's preview posted on the official site states:

Spoiler:
"Ran, Kogoro and Conan go to a sushi restaurant. There they meet a very efficient cook who loves mysteries. And he challenges Kogoro to a deduction battle!?"


While we're at it, please try to improve your grammar a bit (caps out of place and such) and add paragraphs. I understand that maybe English isn't your first language or that you're typing from a smartphone but let's try to make posts easier to read for the other users, alright?

Ah.! Sure .. Sure.! Thanks btw for the preview.
RucyL
User avatar
Posts: 65

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-974

Postby RucyL » October 4th, 2016, 4:35 pm

Spimer wrote:@Tantei San:

The next case's preview posted on the official site states:

Spoiler:
"Ran, Kogoro and Conan go to a sushi restaurant. There they meet a very efficient cook who loves mysteries. And he challenges Kogoro to a deduction battle!?"


At first I thought something like "Really?! Come on!!", but I remembered the first file in which Amuro appears. He was only a part-timer waiter, and it didn't turn out that bad... xD

Well, I'm looking forward this cook detective, maybe he is interesting...

Btw, I wrote "he", but, it is confirmed if the cook is a man or a woman?
"A true lady leaves no puzzle unsolved."
Spimer
Moderator
User avatar

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Posts: 870

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-974

Postby Spimer » October 4th, 2016, 4:59 pm

@RucyL: no, the Japanese text specifies no gender. And, personally, just because he/she like mysteries that doesn't make them a detective because that's not their profession. In my opinion he/she will be a CotD (character of the day).

Let's not forget other detectives have shown up before but were just for that case (Senma, Mogi, Oogami, Souda in episode 219).

So maybe this cook will turn out to be like them.

Of coure, I'm speculating but one can never know.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
Serinox
User avatar
Posts: 517

Contact:

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-974

Postby Serinox » October 4th, 2016, 5:56 pm

Spimer wrote:And, personally, just because he/she like mysteries that doesn't make them a detective because that's not their profession.

Though the side note at the end of 974 spoke of a "new detective" (次回, 新たなる探偵の登場), so it'll probably be a situation like Yusaku or Bourbon.

Tbh, a cook that loves mysteries and solves cases sounds like some of the detectives that appear in the Detective Picture Book; I remember a description in there of one detective, who sits in the corner of a bar all day and solves cases just by hearing about them from other customers.
Spimer
Moderator
User avatar

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Posts: 870

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-974

Postby Spimer » October 4th, 2016, 6:37 pm

That reminds me of how Senma, the old woman detective from Episode 219, was described as a detective who spent the time sitting in an armchair and solved cases just by listening to them...

In any case... We'll have to wait and see. I am aware that my speculation can prove to be totally off the mark to begin with, anyway.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
MrDetective
User avatar

Irregular Scans staff

Posts: 258

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-974

Postby MrDetective » October 5th, 2016, 12:30 pm

Well I do hope it's just a character of the day

Beika doesn't need yet another amateur detective
Tantei San
User avatar

It's Complicated... It was...It is..And Will remain that way....!!

Posts: 310

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-974

Postby Tantei San » October 5th, 2016, 1:48 pm

I believe it has to be some one case DETECTIVE . I don't think so there is any need of adding extra recurring or mains in the story. Because it will only go through one path. Find RUM. Find Boss. Encounter with them. Voila! Conan is back to shinichi. Adding another will make the story more longer.
By the way, Does any one has any thoughts with the 1000th chapter. I believe that's when Ran's birthday will be shown ( i get a feeling) And something related to boss or rum will be out .
I know, I know Spimer would state to reply this on a different topic created but it just want to know your views.
k11chi
User avatar
Posts: 1402

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-974

Postby k11chi » October 5th, 2016, 2:00 pm

Chapter 1000 will probably be Gin's last arc as he was there since chapter 1 but in-story he's not so important of a member that he'd stay around for the finale I'd imagine.
Image

Return to “Story Discussion (Manga Spoilers)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests