Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-974

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Tantei San

It's Complicated... It was...It is..And Will remain that way....!!

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 972-974

Postby Tantei San » September 28th, 2016, 12:41 pm

Spoiler:
As for Heiji-kazuha-momiji triangle..! i know OVAs don't have any significant matter to the main storyline.. but in the one i guess 9 or 10 where conan never changes to shinichi in that there was shown that heiji and kazuha will get married ..though irrespective as i said but i must have been there to show the time change and therefore they have been tied together because they were meant to be . So , Momiji being just a mere stalker or being with BO( eh? i think it would be IF BO identified heiji being together with conan (tho it's probability is very very low . as said by others Okita probably she will end with him (maybe just maybe) .
As k11chi said they don't know him as much, he did something for the must be the fact.. because we still don't know how will be the chapter end after the 974's RAW are out ..! Let's see
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » September 28th, 2016, 1:31 pm

Now that we have access to every page of File 974, it seems that Shinichi/Conan never thought about any reason why she called him "wizard," at all. He just went into thinking about Shukichi and Mary, after the flashback ended.

So until further notice (i.e., Shinichi/Conan actually thinks about why Masumi would call him "wizard," in, say, File 975), I'm just going to assume that Masumi has only one reason for calling him wizard (because he made Shuichi smile and laugh when she couldn't), and that one reason is the one her inner monologue on the last panel of Page 16 of File 974 is referring to.

In other words, I'm assuming Shinichi/Conan hasn't realized Masumi calls him "wizard" because he made Shuichi smile and laugh when she couldn't.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
MeiTanteixX

Postby MeiTanteixX » September 29th, 2016, 4:05 am

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:Now that we have access to every page of File 974, it seems that Shinichi/Conan never thought about any reason why she called him "wizard," at all. He just went into thinking about Shukichi and Mary, after the flashback ended.

So until further notice (i.e., Shinichi/Conan actually thinks about why Masumi would call him "wizard," in, say, File 975), I'm just going to assume that Masumi has only one reason for calling him wizard (because he made Shuichi smile and laugh when she couldn't), and that one reason is the one her inner monologue on the last panel of Page 16 of File 974 is referring to.

In other words, I'm assuming Shinichi/Conan hasn't realized Masumi calls him "wizard" because he made Shuichi smile and laugh when she couldn't.

I was a bit disappointed that Sera not only lost the spotlight of the flashback, but that she didn't have something new to reveal at the end. Without a doubt however, I thoroughly enjoyed Shuu and the family's development overall and how we not only got to see the way they interact, but also a side of them we've never seen(Mary and Akai at the very least).

The way Sera emphasizes "Real" reason makes me wonder if there's another layer(like a certain reference) to the "wizard" nickname, besides the Akai-smiling-thingy. I would like to give Gosho some benefit of the doubt, but for now, I'm sticking with your assumption.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » September 29th, 2016, 4:30 am

MeiTanteixX wrote:The way Sera emphasizes "Real" reason makes me wonder if there's another layer(like a certain reference) to the "wizard" nickname, besides the Akai-smiling-thingy.

Well, it'd have to be something he did during that case that wasn't making Shuichi smile and laugh.

He showed off his knowledge of accordions, clowns, pierrots, and watches, during their encounter.

She blushed at him on three occasions:

1) When he calls himself "Holmes' apprentice" (and just after he made Shuichi laugh for the first time)

2) When he pointed out the 10:10 time on the culprit's watch and why that made her the culprit

3) When she calls him a "wizard" (and just after he made Shuichi laugh for the second time)

She called him a "wizard" just after he made Shuichi laugh for the second time, so it seems that is what prompted her to call Shinichi a wizard.

Thus, it comes off as if that's "the real" reason she called Shinichi a "wizard," and Shinichi/Conan simply hasn't realized that (yet).

I just don't know what it could be besides that, or because he was a kid detective who could truly call himself Holmes' apprentice (she must've heard Shuichi say that people from the U.K. would be proud of him).

In other words, if it's not him making Shuichi laugh and smile, and it's not about him not only calling himself "Holmes' apprentice," but being worthy of said title (according to Shuichi), then I don't know why Masumi called Shinichi a "wizard."
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
eros1607

Postby eros1607 » September 29th, 2016, 6:10 am

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
MeiTanteixX wrote:The way Sera emphasizes "Real" reason makes me wonder if there's another layer(like a certain reference) to the "wizard" nickname, besides the Akai-smiling-thingy.

Well, it'd have to be something he did during that case that wasn't making Shuichi smile and laugh.

He showed off his knowledge of accordions, clowns, pierrots, and watches, during their encounter.

She blushed at him on three occasions:

1) When he calls himself "Holmes' apprentice" (and just after he made Shuichi laugh for the first time)

2) When he pointed out the 10:10 time on the culprit's watch and why that made her the culprit

3) When she calls him a "wizard" (and just after he made Shuichi laugh for the second time)

She called him a "wizard" just after he made Shuichi laugh for the second time, so it seems that is what prompted her to call Shinichi a wizard.

Thus, it comes off as if that's "the real" reason she called Shinichi a "wizard," and Shinichi/Conan simply hasn't realized that (yet).

I just don't know what it could be besides that, or because he was a kid detective who could truly call himself Holmes' apprentice (she must've heard Shuichi say that people from the U.K. would be proud of him).

In other words, if it's not him making Shuichi laugh and smile, and it's not about him not only calling himself "Holmes' apprentice," but being worthy of said title (according to Shuichi), then I don't know why Masumi called Shinichi a "wizard."

I don't think they had any opportunity to meet again, so I think you have listed all the possible reasons. Or Masumi had met Shinichi even before and we will have another flashback lol.
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Postby jimmy_kud0_tv2 » September 29th, 2016, 11:47 am

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:Thus, it comes off as if that's "the real" reason she called Shinichi a "wizard," and Shinichi/Conan simply hasn't realized that (yet).

Considering that Masumi and Conan didn't directly speak after the end of the flashback, and that Masumi thinks that Conan has remembered the events of 10 years ago, but doesn't think he knows the real reason, it would probably be something from outside of the flashback. For example, Masumi keeping up with Shinichi or Conan's accomplishments and getting something from there, OR the fact that he just kind of appears every time her family needs him.
It really saddens me to see people continuing to talk about this series as if its dying or that they are losing interest in it. This has been one of my favorite series' since I first heard of it in 2005 and I have never looked back. I really hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
rfsuki

Postby rfsuki » September 29th, 2016, 11:36 pm

Masumi also blushed almost everytime she looked at her oldest brother, also when she saw him with Scotch at the station 4 years ago. We haven't seen much interaction between Shuichi and Masumi in this case, which let me down a little bit as Shuichi seemed to pay more attention to Shinichi than his own little sister. Hope to see more interactions between Shuichi and Masumi in upcoming flashbacks cos I'm curious about why Masumi misses/loves her oldest brother so much even though he didn't spend much time with her.
veritasdg

Postby veritasdg » September 30th, 2016, 1:10 am

Spoiler:
Shuichi Akai is British. He just got so much hotter.

HAHAHAHAHA

I wonder if anyone's ever figured that out when Shuichi said "fear of death is worse than death itself" in english during the Kir arc. Or do you guys think he adopted an American accent?
DCUniverseAficionado

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » September 30th, 2016, 3:55 am

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:Considering that Masumi and Conan didn't directly speak after the end of the flashback, and that Masumi thinks that Conan has remembered the events of 10 years ago, but doesn't think he knows the real reason, it would probably be something from outside of the flashback. For example, Masumi keeping up with Shinichi or Conan's accomplishments and getting something from there, OR the fact that he just kind of appears every time her family needs him.

In that case, it could be almost anything.

Eh, maybe...

We've yet to see the explanation of the "bad girl" line, as well as why Ran remembers Masumi running away from her—the latter scene did not appear during the case. Maybe we'll get an explanation for both when Ran remembers the events of the case.
estuputri

Postby estuputri » September 30th, 2016, 6:51 am

Spoiler:
about why Sera call Shinichi "wizard", I think it's because Shinichi can makes Shuichi laugh in the past. And now, she's pretty sure that Shinichi is a wizard because of his deducation.

About a new detective, what about Marry? Can she be that new detective? I think her skill is good enough tobe a detective. ;D
Last edited by estuputri on September 30th, 2016, 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jesse Sravya

Postby Jesse Sravya » September 30th, 2016, 10:20 am

Did anyone notice the usage of the word 'curiosity' in this file?
Shuichi uses it, just as his father used.
Remember Amuro used it as well in Bourbon arc?
There might be a connection.
MeiTanteixX

Postby MeiTanteixX » September 30th, 2016, 7:29 pm

What I noticed is that Mary never smiles(even when comparing her son to her husband in a somewhat happy way). That's a clear explanation to why Sera thought it was very creepy to see her stern mother smile(after Kichi won the shogi tournament).
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Postby jimmy_kud0_tv2 » September 30th, 2016, 10:57 pm

MeiTanteixX wrote:What I noticed is that Mary never smiles(even when comparing her son to her husband in a somewhat happy way). That's a clear explanation to why Sera thought it was very creepy to see her stern mother smile(after Kichi won the shogi tournament).

I was thinking the same thing the other day, but the line I was looking at while thinking that was this:
It really saddens me to see people continuing to talk about this series as if its dying or that they are losing interest in it. This has been one of my favorite series' since I first heard of it in 2005 and I have never looked back. I really hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
estuputri

Postby estuputri » October 1st, 2016, 6:48 am

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
MeiTanteixX wrote:What I noticed is that Mary never smiles(even when comparing her son to her husband in a somewhat happy way). That's a clear explanation to why Sera thought it was very creepy to see her stern mother smile(after Kichi won the shogi tournament).

I was thinking the same thing the other day, but the line I was looking at while thinking that was this:

Spoiler:
I'm really curious who is Marry. And how far will she bring us to BO. Can't wait >,<
k11chi

Postby k11chi » October 1st, 2016, 7:39 am

Jesse Sravya wrote:Did anyone notice the usage of the word 'curiosity' in this file?
Shuichi uses it, just as his father used.
Remember Amuro used it as well in Bourbon arc?
There might be a connection.

I believe what that's trying to point out is that his father was a curious person which in the end got him stuck with some dangerous people. I'd guess he was a journalist still. Shuiichi saying that line was probably just supposed to show that they share similar traits.

Return to “Story Discussion (Manga Spoilers)”