Discussion thread: Detective Conan 969-971

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
wrd

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 969-97X

Postby wrd » August 26th, 2016, 9:25 am

iiRoYaL wrote:

Looks like I was right ! ;D[/quote]

Spoiler:
Yep, looks like it, kudos to you ;)
yoko91

Postby yoko91 » August 26th, 2016, 9:33 am

Come on, I want to know who the culprit is!
Goblin Alchemist

Postby Goblin Alchemist » August 26th, 2016, 11:12 am

AMY 99 wrote:
Spoiler:
i wander why sera was so confused when conan told her that she steadied in america and ordering in japan and america are the same ? (file 970 page 8)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Think of their conversation as this instead:
Conan: Over in Europe they use this method of counting on their fingers.
Sera: That's funny, when I studied over there they used the normal method that Japan does.
Conan: But you didn't study over in Europe, Sera, you studied in America, remember?
Sera: Ohhh crap, you're right.

Note: Britain, America and Japan use the same hand counting system. Mainland Europe uses the other method. It's implying that Sera really studied over in the UK and not America. Otherwise she wouldn't have used studying abroad as a personal reference point to contradict Conan when he talked about Europe.
Wakarimashita

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 969-971

Postby Wakarimashita » August 26th, 2016, 12:47 pm

She got tricked easily. Almost a bit too convenient.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » August 26th, 2016, 1:18 pm

Wakarimashita wrote:She got tricked easily. Almost a bit too convenient.

But this has been on the "Gosho, please get this over with" list, know what I mean? It's good that we're finally getting this flashback, know what I mean? The faster we get done with this Akai family business the better, know what I mean?

And yes, it won't solve everything, but that's just current DC. *wink-wink-nudge-nudge*
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Wakarimashita

Postby Wakarimashita » August 26th, 2016, 1:49 pm

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:

But this has been on the "Gosho, please get this over with" list, know what I mean? It's good that we're finally getting this flashback, know what I mean? The faster we get done with this Akai family business the better, know what I mean?

And yes, it won't solve everything, but that's just current DC. *wink-wink-nudge-nudge*

Having it is one thing, having it with less clumsiness in the writing is another.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » August 27th, 2016, 12:58 am

Wakarimashita wrote:
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:

Having it is one thing, having it with less clumsiness in the writing is another.

DCUniverseAficionado tries to make a funny... it's super ineffective!

At least I tried, right? :)

EDIT:

Spoiler:
971 Text Spoilers are out:

http://tamae.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ymag/1472184539/173

Awaiting your translation, Spimer or Yunnie Chan!
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
AMY 99

"somewhere , something incredible is waiting to be known."

Postby AMY 99 » August 27th, 2016, 9:15 am

Spoiler:
a translation of the main ideas in file 971 spoiler from an Arabic source

Spoiler:
wrd

Postby wrd » August 27th, 2016, 11:05 am

AMY 99 wrote:
Spoiler:
a translation of the main ideas in file 971 spoiler from an Arabic source

Spoiler:

Translation of what's written in arabic:

Spoiler:
Yamaki is the culprit, she used chloroform to knock out the victim and put the make up mask to avoid inhaling it. (@WOF, seems this is a mistake in the AR trans, Yamaki soaked the mask with chloroform so the victim would inhale it)
The complaining woman fainted last week due to the chloroform and not because of dog hair allergy, because at that time Yamaki also tried to kill the president, but she made a mistake knocking out the complaining woman instead. So this time she made sandals out of ribbons to insure the victim would go to the destined room.

Conan figured out the culprit relying on the dying message left by the victim (her fingers):
There is stars on her fingernails and she smeared lipstick over one so it would look like China flag.
And with her other hand she made the sign for number 8 (as in the chinese counting system)...Yamaki had the kanji for number 8 in her name.
------
* The rest is as it was mentioned by bash.

Spoiler:
Also here is a translation by yunnie -chan for the spoiler images posted yesterday.

http://yesyunniechan.tumblr.com/post/14 ... ranslation

--------
Edit:

Spoiler:
Translation of text spoilers by yunnie Chan

http://yesyunniechan.tumblr.com/post/14 ... rs-english
Last edited by wrd on August 27th, 2016, 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MoonRaven

DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Postby MoonRaven » August 27th, 2016, 12:10 pm

Hoo! That makes sense!
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.

My dA There is one file for solely DC drawings.
My FF I have two DC fics: Rose in the Ecplipse of the Sun(or RitEotS) and Dream... or Not(or just DoN). The latter one still ongoing and has a spin-off Leap to Relatively Unknown.
My Tumblr

Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 30 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 22.3.19

Chapter 6 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 4.3.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
AMY 99

"somewhere , something incredible is waiting to be known."

Postby AMY 99 » August 27th, 2016, 12:49 pm

Spoiler:
will be the next case is talking about shinichi's past with sera ?

Spoiler:
NOTE : sorry if my English was not good
KaitoRizu

Postby KaitoRizu » August 27th, 2016, 1:46 pm

AMY 99 wrote:
Spoiler:
will be the next case is talking about shinichi's past with sera ?

Spoiler:
NOTE : sorry if my English was not good

Yes.. According to the side note it should be...
Thanks for the SS Kamite! ;D
Spoiler:
kkuuddoo

Postby kkuuddoo » August 27th, 2016, 2:00 pm

what does the side note say ?
GIN X SHIHO <3<3<3
VERMOUTH IS SEXY AS HELL !!

Elena Miyano and Atsushi ..... APTX 4869 & Silver Bullet
k11chi

Postby k11chi » August 27th, 2016, 2:21 pm

kkuuddoo wrote:what does the side note say ?

" No. 42 the past is clearly of Conan and Sera-chan from - !?   next issue, is the hiatuses for author interviews. Continued on No. 42"
Google translate so I guess... "They clearly share a past!?" or "Next chapter is clearly about their past!?" Though you can't really trust side notes as they're written by the editors usually.

Anyway I wonder where this is building up to considering how Mary doesn't want to have anything to do with Conan now hmm...
Jesse Sravya

Postby Jesse Sravya » September 2nd, 2016, 3:45 am

I'm just super excited. when is manga 972 releasing? ;D