Kohji's Death, the Akai Middle Brother

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
MoonRaven

DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Re: Kohji's Death, the Akai Middle Brother

Postby MoonRaven » September 15th, 2016, 1:27 pm

Yes. Sorry. I'll leave theorizing for you guys.
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.

My dA There is one file for solely DC drawings.
My FF I have two DC fics: Rose in the Ecplipse of the Sun(or RitEotS) and Dream... or Not(or just DoN). The latter one still ongoing and has a spin-off Leap to Relatively Unknown.
My Tumblr

Chapter 72 of Dream or Not finished the fic 9.1.17 (9th of January)

Chapter 24 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 10.8.17 (10th of August)

The sequel to DoN and LtRU, Leaping into the Dream has gotten its first chapter 13.4.17 (13th April)

Brilliant DC roleplay behind the years where I was Sera Read away.
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » September 16th, 2016, 2:21 pm

MoonRaven wrote:Alright. *sigh* I haven't kept up with the postcards that much. Sorry.

There's really no need for you to apologize.

In fact, I should be sorry for, so to speak, raining on your parade.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
sanchai95

Postby sanchai95 » November 2nd, 2016, 1:12 pm

MoonRaven wrote:Yes. Sorry. I'll leave theorizing for you guys.

No need to apologise! I actually quite enjoy reading this theory. But please familiarise yourself with the manga info or atleast the DC Wiki pages on Rum/Haneda Kohji case that has referencese and lists the manga chapters and what information it gives. It will smoothen the rough edges you have in your theory. I also thought the middle brother was Haneda Kohji at some point!

I do like the idea of how Kohjis murder was not planned while Amanda may be the real target.
Spoiler:
I don't understand how Amanda's name does not appear on a list of victims who have take the APTX drug (Kohjis does appear).

The other thing is if the BO was involved in Haneda Kohjis case, why IS there so much evidence? I'm thinking maybe Kohji's case as mundane homicide while Amandas was BO related. But the other interesting thing is, why the tap was left running in Amanda's room and not Kohjis? Maybe Amanda was the one who killed Kohji (using Asaka? or by herself) and was a tool used by the BO and when they were done with her they got rid of her too.
I started reading Detective Conan as a kid, I loved every part of it even when I didn't understand the science or logic behind a case. Now as an adult, it's bitter sweet knowing the series has lasted this long, because I am still surprised at what Gosho has to over but sad knowing soon a big part of my life will come to an end. I'm glad to know there are people out there who love this series as much as I do and is willing to lose sleep just to discuss the intricate plot.
Serinox

Postby Serinox » November 2nd, 2016, 4:04 pm

sanchai95 wrote:I don't understand how Amanda's name does not appear on a list of victims who have take the APTX drug (Kohjis does appear).

Who knows, maybe she is? We don't see the full list and Conan already pointed out that it cannot be sorted chronologically if Koji's name was the second below his.
sanchai95

Postby sanchai95 » November 3rd, 2016, 12:47 pm

Serinox wrote:Who knows, maybe she is? We don't see the full list and Conan already pointed out that it cannot be sorted chronologically if Koji's name was the second below his.

We don't see the full list because we don't have the full list. The image was extrapolated from Haibaras memory for our visual convenience. My thought is that if Haibara can remember that Haneda Kohji was on the list JUST from hearing the name Haneda Shuukichi, wouldn't she remember Amanda Hughes, if her name was on the list?

Also according to public information on DC Wiki, Amanda Hughes' name was not on the list of APTX victims.
I started reading Detective Conan as a kid, I loved every part of it even when I didn't understand the science or logic behind a case. Now as an adult, it's bitter sweet knowing the series has lasted this long, because I am still surprised at what Gosho has to over but sad knowing soon a big part of my life will come to an end. I'm glad to know there are people out there who love this series as much as I do and is willing to lose sleep just to discuss the intricate plot.
Serinox

Postby Serinox » November 3rd, 2016, 12:59 pm

sanchai95 wrote:
Serinox wrote:Who knows, maybe she is? We don't see the full list and Conan already pointed out that it cannot be sorted chronologically if Koji's name was the second below his.

We don't see the full list because we don't have the full list. The image was extrapolated from Haibaras memory for our visual convenience. My thought is that if Haibara can remember that Haneda Kohji was on the list JUST from hearing the name Haneda Shuukichi, wouldn't she remember Amanda Hughes, if her name was on the list?

Also according to public information on DC Wiki, Amanda Hughes' name was not on the list of APTX victims.

Yes, ofc the wiki says that Amanda Huhges' name isn't on there, because it wasn't on the list we've seen, which is not the full list. You said the same thing in your first sentence. It doesn't mean that it wasn't on there at all.

Maybe Haibara does remember that Amanda's name is on the list at some other spot but didn't think it was necessary to mention it? Or maybe she doesn't know the whole list by heart. Btw, she remembers the name Koji Haneda after it is said out loud by Yumi and not after hearing the name Koji Haneda. She probably remembers that place on the list the best because it is the place where Shinichi was written down. Remember, Shinichi was a victim with the unexpected status unconfirmed and Haibara did investigate him as one of her last actions as Sherry and just before she left, she modified the list and changed Shinichi's status to dead, so this part of the list was most likely the one she spent the most time looking at during her final time in the BO and thus the part she would remember the best. So, if Amanda Hughes' name was on any other part of the list, that Haibara rarely or maybe even never really looked at, she wouldn't recall it being on there, even if it was.
yuukichang

'one truth prevails'

Postby yuukichang » November 20th, 2016, 2:39 am

I remembered a scene wherein Yumi Miyamoto and Sera said the same statement that co-incidentally they are pertaining to one person.

"No, maybe even the best in the world"

This is what Shukichi Haneda always say according to Yumi and that is also what Sera's brother said also. Yumi tries to call Shukichi to help her solve the case and Sera called her brother to help her too and apparently Shukichi is the one who answered the phone.

I'm confused if Kohji and Shukichi are the same. Shukichi once said that he has a "step brother." Then Kohji's age is older than Shuichi even though the possibility of Shukichi drank an APTX 4869. I'm in trouble guys.
::) ::) ::)
Serinox

Postby Serinox » November 20th, 2016, 2:52 am

Well, apparently Koji's corpse was found alongside the body of Amanda and the police were not able to determine a cause of death according to the case report Conan reads, so I doubt Koji could possibly be Shukichi, since Shukichi seems pretty alive.

Return to “Story Discussion (Manga Spoilers)”