Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 966-968

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Serinox

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 966-968

Postby Serinox » July 25th, 2016, 1:54 pm

AMY 99 wrote:idont know why but i feel she is related to kohji (i mean maybe she is one of kohji's relatives ) because she looks very similar to him and maybe she was the one who was reloading the info about kohji's death on the website

But ... she doesn't. At all imo.

ImageImage
k11chi

Postby k11chi » July 25th, 2016, 2:10 pm

Yeah and that face of koji was like 18 years ago? Would have a better point saying he's like the principal instead.
AMY 99

"somewhere , something incredible is waiting to be known."

Postby AMY 99 » July 25th, 2016, 2:19 pm

k11chi wrote:Yeah and that face of koji was like 18 years ago? Would have a better point saying he's like the principal instead.

oh .... I guess i had missed this point.... thanks for reminder :)
Vinnie

Postby Vinnie » July 26th, 2016, 1:24 pm

Spoiler:
This Rumi might be a secret agent like some people have said here. I don't know if its just me, but from the very beginning its like she is trying to create a personality: kind, clumsy, scaredy-cat like... Her name and age can also be a lie.

One thing that I've noticed is, I believe that in anytime from now on Sera Masumi is going to "disappear". She'll finally get to talk with her brother, maybe reveal her other brother and goes away to the US or another country.

I'm getting this feeling because when Eisuke went away, after sometime Masumi was introduced. So if we have another new character to put into the plotline, I believe that this may happen, but we never know lol.

Rumi can also be Vermouth in disguise... This mystery is actually killing me because of so many theories thus far LOL.
KaitoRizu

Postby KaitoRizu » July 26th, 2016, 2:21 pm

Vinnie wrote:
Spoiler:
One thing that I've noticed is, I believe that in anytime from now on Sera Masumi is going to "disappear". She'll finally get to talk with her brother, maybe reveal her other brother and goes away to the US or another country.

I'm getting this feeling because when Eisuke went away, after sometime Masumi was introduced. So if we have another new character to put into the plotline, I believe that this may happen, but we never know lol.

Spoiler:
I don't think that Sera would disappear because she's a very popular character and in the first place Aoyama introduced her after seeing the popularity of the "tomboyish female detective" so having her disappear would upset many fans

Vinnie wrote:
Spoiler:
Rumi can also be Vermouth in disguise... This mystery is actually killing me because of so many theories thus far LOL.

Spoiler:
Rumi can't be Vermouth in disguise because Haibara would've freaked out...

to me I think the spy investigating Conan theory that Kor mentioned is the most probable or she could be related to the Kouji/Asaka/Rum mess and eventually turn out to be the one uploading the case... it's a bit early I guess... she's just been introduced so a bit more time would make it more clear...
Thanks for the SS Kamite! ;D
Spoiler:
Spimer

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Postby Spimer » July 27th, 2016, 4:42 am

Bits of info about case:
Spoiler:
. Conan leaves a coded message telling the robbers to come back at midnight to get the money: they didn't know about the skeleton being found or maybe they didn't think that the skeleton was their boss: it seems clear enough from their behavior that the boss' death was accidental

. In the end it's not made clear if Rumi had anything to do with the killed wealthy man but it's clear enough that she's not clumsy but was pretending to be and can be scary
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
Vinnie

Postby Vinnie » July 27th, 2016, 5:49 am

@KaitoRizu
Spoiler:
Well, its his work. He can make a character disappear and appear whenever he wants, despite its popularity. So lets see, but thats just my opinion.

As for Vermouth in disguise, I totally forgot Haibara's reactions. She'd definitely freak out, I can agree with you. The only option right now, at least for me, is that she must be a secret agent. She must've heard about Conan trough someone and wanted to get close to him (but I don't know about her intentions, since her personality and identity is definitely fake).
Tenryu

Postby Tenryu » July 27th, 2016, 7:17 am

the code is interesting, but dunno.. kinda have a mixed feeling about Gosho pretty much copying the dancing man with pretty much stupid and messy execution (IMO).. why Shiratori that was introduced as someone which is rather competent showed up alone when they knew beforehand the number of other members is beyond me

but oh well..
there's not much data so far to speculate about Rumi. but seeing Haibara didn't react to her, probably she's from another intelligence organization. it's also kinda rare to see a character that intentionally gave Conan hints for more or less, every single part of the case (the table, the last hint)
estuputri

Postby estuputri » July 27th, 2016, 11:20 am

@Vinnie
Vinnie wrote:
Spoiler:
Well, its his work. He can make a character disappear and appear whenever he wants, despite its popularity. So lets see, but thats just my opinion.

Spoiler:
I don't think masumi sera will disappear, since she related to koji and the memory of 10 years ago when she met shinichi and ran. I'm pretty sure that memory will be announce soon
Vinnie

Postby Vinnie » July 27th, 2016, 1:17 pm

estuputri wrote:@Vinnie
Vinnie wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I don't think masumi sera will disappear, since she related to koji and the memory of 10 years ago when she met shinichi and ran. I'm pretty sure that memory will be announce soon

After everything's wrapped up, it can happen. I'm not saying it will be right now :)
Vinnie

Postby Vinnie » July 28th, 2016, 5:45 am

The newest chapter is out.

Spoiler:
This Rumi is really something! I am totally loving her even though her clumsiness and cuteness must be fake LOL. She is a great actress to be quite honest.

The way she looked at Conan reminded me of Vermouth, but nah.. She must be really a secret agent... Lets see ;D
Jecka

I miss not waking up at 3 am every day

Postby Jecka » July 28th, 2016, 2:49 pm

Rumi was a yankee is my current theory.
Just to stay away from the plot for a bit. :V
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/

Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no

kkuuddoo

Postby kkuuddoo » July 28th, 2016, 3:26 pm

Vinnie wrote:@KaitoRizu
Spoiler:

As for Vermouth in disguise, I totally forgot Haibara's reactions. She'd definitely freak out, I can agree with you. The only option right now, at least for me, is that she must be a secret agent. She must've heard about Conan trough someone and wanted to get close to him (but I don't know about her intentions, since her personality and identity is definitely fake).

Spoiler:
Well, since the mystery train case, haibara death was faked by Conan, akai, and Kaito kid.
However, Vermouth is aware that Shiho did not die, since she saw Agasa holding her as they left, Conan was on the phone with Kaito kid.

Both Bourbon and Vermouth were around her and she didn't react once to any of them, in the episode " Jodie's Memories and the Cherry Blossom Viewing Trap "

Maybe she feels comfortable since she has her death faked to the Bo she doesn't feel anxious or they were too far form her for her to feel there presence around her.

If she no longer reacts, means that it could be vermouth, but I doubt it, I personally don't think its vermouth, so well see what Gosho has in store his time.
GIN X SHIHO <3<3<3
VERMOUTH IS SEXY AS HELL !!

Elena Miyano and Atsushi ..... APTX 4869 & Silver Bullet
Spimer

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Postby Spimer » July 28th, 2016, 4:19 pm

kkuuddoo:
Spoiler:
Well, Haibara said when Conan rang her after the Kogoro in the bar case that she hadn't felt their presence but that's because she wasn't alert because she thought that the BO assumed her dead.

So it also depends if Haibara is in the lookout or not, it'd seem.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
Incomplete-tantei

"No Pain, No Gain."

Postby Incomplete-tantei » July 28th, 2016, 8:39 pm

Rumi is most likely a secret agent yeah, PSB or maybe even SIS agent.