Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 966-968

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Vinnie
User avatar
Posts: 105

Contact:

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 966-968

Postby Vinnie » July 29th, 2016, 11:16 am

So, I was talking about these latest chapters with someone in another forum, and commented the following:

Spoiler:
"Or... Another option... LOL Is that Rumi could be related to Haneda Kohji and wants to use Conan (with bad or good intentions) to find the truth about that case (thats why this case is being re-uploaded ((maybe by her)) in blogs even though it gets deleted everytime but its goal is to get someone's attention. I kinda am guessing that she already knows that the "most famous" Detective Kudo Shinichi has disappeared but heard about Conan and Kogoro and got curious, so she decided to come to Beika and invistigate.

What worries me the most right now is, without a doubt, if she's not in "any side" and wants to meddle in someone's business - I don't know if this is something that Gosho could pull out but its still worrisome given the fact that we do not know anything about her.
"

Ok, now to explain what I wrote:
I was ignoring the fact that she could be blood-related (somehow) to Haneda and is curious about the case, or wants revenge (in a good or mean way, who knows)... But I am also worried about the Detective Boys, since this woman can actually be pretty dangerous LOL. But let's see what is in Gosho's mind :)
Image
k11chi
User avatar
Posts: 1452

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 966-968

Postby k11chi » July 29th, 2016, 1:44 pm

Vinnie wrote:So, I was talking about these latest chapters with someone in another forum, and commented the following:

Spoiler:
"Or... Another option... LOL Is that Rumi could be related to Haneda Kohji and wants to use Conan (with bad or good intentions) to find the truth about that case (thats why this case is being re-uploaded ((maybe by her)) in blogs even though it gets deleted everytime but its goal is to get someone's attention. I kinda am guessing that she already knows that the "most famous" Detective Kudo Shinichi has disappeared but heard about Conan and Kogoro and got curious, so she decided to come to Beika and invistigate.

What worries me the most right now is, without a doubt, if she's not in "any side" and wants to meddle in someone's business - I don't know if this is something that Gosho could pull out but its still worrisome given the fact that we do not know anything about her.
"

Ok, now to explain what I wrote:
I was ignoring the fact that she could be blood-related (somehow) to Haneda and is curious about the case, or wants revenge (in a good or mean way, who knows)... But I am also worried about the Detective Boys, since this woman can actually be pretty dangerous LOL. But let's see what is in Gosho's mind :)

That's possible but Haneda seems closely connected to the Akai family and Shukichi, so it's a jump to think that for now when we have better potential people as the uploaders.
Themaninarmor
User avatar

It's not about me

Posts: 169

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 966-968

Postby Themaninarmor » July 31st, 2016, 11:50 pm

oh i noticed something from Rumi. Rumi was using her left hand to hold the phone and the rulers but when she was in fighting mode!? She used her right hand to hold the stick. Is that some inconsistency or intentional??

Btw an agent had their both of hands trained to make it easier for them to disguise as someone else, then the possibilities for her to be an agent is rising.
130177130179417
ran mamijo kun
katara kare anya masuno
Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar
User avatar

BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

Posts: 2881

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 966-968

Postby Chekhov MacGuffin » August 1st, 2016, 12:40 am

Themaninarmor wrote:oh i noticed something from Rumi. Rumi was using her left hand to hold the phone and the rulers but when she was in fighting mode!? She used her right hand to hold the stick. Is that some inconsistency or intentional??

Btw an agent had their both of hands trained to make it easier for them to disguise as someone else, then the possibilities for her to be an agent is rising.

It's pretty normal for characters to use their non-dominant hands for holding phones and such. I did a pretty extensive analysis of handedness tendencies in certain characters and you can see that no one is completely one-hand. Also even the best agents like Akai and Gin favor one hand pretty heavily.
http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki ... Handedness
Filipino_4869
User avatar
Posts: 23

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 966-968

Postby Filipino_4869 » August 5th, 2016, 4:27 am

Spoiler:
Hey... Did anyone else here found the appearance of the school headmaster suspicious?
All of the RUM characteristics can even point toward the principal as well.

1. The English spelling for the principal's name has the 3 letters of RUM in it:
is Ryujiro Uematsu = RyUjiro ueMatsu or Ryujiro UeMatsu or ryujiRo UeMatsu

2. Obviously, he is old.

3. He is a man.

4. And he had a long hair before, just like a woman. I even found it suspicious that he had that long hair cut in this latest case.

5. In 966, page 13, in the 3rd and 4th panels, he opened only ONE of his eyes. He did not open the other eye. Maybe, it is a false eye or it has no vision?

I just think it would be a nice twist if the headmaster Ryujiro Uematsu is an antagonist. I guess no one else has entertained the idea yet haha.
Simone
User avatar
Posts: 1

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 966-968

Postby Simone » August 5th, 2016, 9:35 am

Filipino_4869 wrote:
Spoiler:
Hey... Did anyone else here found the appearance of the school headmaster suspicious?
All of the RUM characteristics can even point toward the principal as well.

1. The English spelling for the principal's name has the 3 letters of RUM in it:
is Ryujiro Uematsu = RyUjiro ueMatsu or Ryujiro UeMatsu or ryujiRo UeMatsu

2. Obviously, he is old.

3. He is a man.

4. And he had a long hair before, just like a woman. I even found it suspicious that he had that long hair cut in this latest case.

5. In 966, page 13, in the 3rd and 4th panels, he opened only ONE of his eyes. He did not open the other eye. Maybe, it is a false eye or it has no vision?

I just think it would be a nice twist if the headmaster Ryujiro Uematsu is an antagonist. I guess no one else has entertained the idea yet haha.

Spoiler:
Actually, I did entertain that idea, too. A couple of days ago, I read a post of a user who noticed the same things that you did: he found the appearence of the headmaster suspicious. Watching a photo of him (I didn't remember his face), I thought of Rum, too.
Nevertheless, it seems also pretty obvious to me that Aoyama made him appeare now, since we know that Rum could be a old man with a fake/missing eye or something like that. Also, I don't understand why Rum should disguise as a headmaster, even if, I admit that, it's a good coverage.
Last edited by Simone on September 10th, 2016, 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
estuputri
Posts: 43

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 966-968

Postby estuputri » August 11th, 2016, 7:57 am

Spoiler:
Yey, new chapter is coming....
Can't wait the English one ^^
It seem like the memory of 10 years ago is coming..
Sera's true identity will release.. finally!
DCUniverseAficionado
User avatar

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Posts: 1427

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 966-968

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » August 11th, 2016, 7:51 pm

estuputri wrote:
Spoiler:
Yey, new chapter is coming....
Can't wait the English one ^^
It seem like the memory of 10 years ago is coming..
Sera's true identity will release.. finally!


Uh, this is the wrong thread... here's the right one:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13141
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests