Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 963-965

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
k11chi
User avatar
Posts: 1459

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 963-965

Postby k11chi » June 25th, 2016, 4:06 pm

AICHAN wrote:People seems to forget how many times we had plot related clues during DB cases.As long as it's not about Naeko/Chiba I'm ok with a DB case.

Yeah chances are it will be. Though last time I think was the christmas shopping case which wasn't that relevant but it was pretty good contradictory statements-case so I imagine now would be something in the summer with the DB that might not be that relevant. Hopefully Kogoro takes them to a beach or something like that.
Valentin
User avatar
Posts: 108

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 963-965

Postby Valentin » June 25th, 2016, 5:05 pm

k11chi wrote:Though last time I think was the christmas shopping case which wasn't that relevant but it was pretty good contradictory statements-case so I imagine now would be something in the summer with the DB that might not be that relevant.

I wouldn’t call Conan’s discovery of Haibara’s resemblance to Mystery Girl “not that relevant”. That will probably play an important role in the future, even though it may not be too popular around here.

Anyway, the most recent case with the Detective Boys was Shuukichi’s Envelope Case, and that introduced Haneda Kouji. I don’t expect as much from the next one, though, since the latest series of plot-related chapters was clearly motivated by the twentieth movie. A short conversation between Conan and Haibara about the organization—perhaps another tiny clue about Rum—is the maximum from my point of view.
iiRoYaL
Posts: 28

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 963-965

Postby iiRoYaL » June 26th, 2016, 3:51 pm

About 40 chapters without Kuroda!
Well, IMO I'd rather another RUM suspect since he most likely isn't RUM.

* Probably off-topic:--
Spoiler:
The most annoying thing that Aoyama-sensei did is his announcement that “Yamato is not RUM”.
Spimer
Moderator
User avatar

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Posts: 1051

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 963-965

Postby Spimer » June 26th, 2016, 4:03 pm

@iiRoYaL:
Spoiler:
it was obvious from the start Yamato wasn't RUM. He was introduced shortly after the Bourbon arc began and became a regular police officer character soon afterward. Nah, RUM is surely a yet to-be-seen character.

Kinda like how before Amuro was introduced we were led to believe Okiya was Bourbon. Or how Sera was also used to make us think that.

So until we get a new important character I'd say we can ignore Kuroda as well. Stands out too much despite his few appearances. And Haibara already brought up that if he really was RUM he'd probably recognized her when they met (could be RUM doesn't know her face or thinks she's dead like Gin).
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
k11chi
User avatar
Posts: 1459

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 963-965

Postby k11chi » June 26th, 2016, 5:25 pm

Spoiler:
The problem with that theory is that Amuro was in fact always there as Scar Akai. Gosho very rarely breaks the rule of having the culprit be there since the beginning so I'd imagine Rum has indeed already appeared but the form could be something else, like someone talking on phone with Rum.
saorin
User avatar

"If I hear you pine for me I will return straightaway to you."

Posts: 179

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 963-96X

Postby saorin » June 27th, 2016, 9:28 am

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Spoiler:
Seems that Agasa is even more likely to be Kid, since he called Shinichi/Conan just "Conan" when they were alone...

What will give away Kid's disguise as Agasa is, most likely, the band-aids on his fingers. Since 964 showed "Agasa's" right hand after coming out of the bathroom, I compared it with the panel in 963 that showed the real Agasa's right hand:

File 963, Page 9
Image

File 964, Page 6
Image

Looks like Kid messed up with the thumb and index finger—the band-aid on the thumb is lower and the one on the index finger is higher.


Apart from that...
Spoiler:
...Agasa is the most suspicious for another reason:
On p. 11 Ran tries to reach that book she wants. She can't get it even though she used a chair. Conan oberserves that she and Sonoko are roughly the same height as Agasa. Still, while Ai scolds Conan for being lewd, on p. 13 Agasa has acquired the book for Ran - offscreen.

Looks just like Kid worked some magic here, huh? :D
Look like the innocent flower,
But be the serpent under it.
("Macbeth")
iiRoYaL
Posts: 28

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 963-965

Postby iiRoYaL » June 27th, 2016, 4:32 pm

Spimer wrote:@iiRoYaL:
Spoiler:
it was obvious from the start Yamato wasn't RUM. He was introduced shortly after the Bourbon arc began and became a regular police officer character soon afterward. Nah, RUM is surely a yet to-be-seen character.

Kinda like how before Amuro was introduced we were led to believe Okiya was Bourbon. Or how Sera was also used to make us think that.

So until we get a new important character I'd say we can ignore Kuroda as well. Stands out too much despite his few appearances. And Haibara already brought up that if he really was RUM he'd probably recognized her when they met (could be RUM doesn't know her face or thinks she's dead like Gin).


As I recall correctly, In the beginning of Bourbon Arc, Kir said he's a new member. (Probably Gosho meant that he's a character had never appeared before)

But in RUM's case, neither Akai nor Haibara nor Kir mentioned that.
In addition, Gosho said that RUM has appeared before.
irishock
Posts: 186

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 963-965

Postby irishock » June 29th, 2016, 11:11 am

What the hell was the point of Subaru in this?
Spimer
Moderator
User avatar

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Posts: 1051

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 963-965

Postby Spimer » June 29th, 2016, 11:43 am

@irisshock: to prove Okiya/Akai has a keen insight? Or maybe it's foreshadowing that someday Haibara will find Kid's photo and have her suspicions confirmed? Or maybe his presence was to make us thing something important would happen.

(Remember the case where Agasa, Conan and Haibara were caught by two guys who were hiding in an abandoned building? Okiya appeared to rescue them but nothing important happened yet he proved he knew about the tracking glasses and knew how to use them).
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
ShinRan4ver
Posts: 571

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 963-965

Postby ShinRan4ver » June 29th, 2016, 2:29 pm

k11chi wrote:
AICHAN wrote:People seems to forget how many times we had plot related clues during DB cases.As long as it's not about Naeko/Chiba I'm ok with a DB case.

Yeah chances are it will be. Though last time I think was the christmas shopping case which wasn't that relevant but it was pretty good contradictory statements-case so I imagine now would be something in the summer with the DB that might not be that relevant. Hopefully Kogoro takes them to a beach or something like that.


That case had little hints like Haibara with Make-up on looked like Mary etc
AICHAN
User avatar

Curry time!

Posts: 2324

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 963-965

Postby AICHAN » June 29th, 2016, 3:56 pm

irishock wrote:What the hell was the point of Subaru in this?


Maybe many people are happy to see Okiya(like me),at least this is why I actually read this Kid case...so it could be for fan service.

More seriously I think that is just a way to prove that Okiya has to be more careful with the voice changer, and stop turning it off around people outside the house. It could be foreshadowing for another suspicion case from Ai.
Spoiler:
[spoiler]Image

mangaluva wrote:[/spoiler]
"I've built a wall not to keep people out, but to see who loves me enough to climb over it."
Spimer
Moderator
User avatar

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Posts: 1051

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 963-965

Postby Spimer » June 30th, 2016, 5:19 am

Details about the case:
Spoiler:
. Conan exposes the trick to hide the memo:
.he tears off a notebook page and splits it into 2 pieces
. he then writes a circle in the front and the rear of one half of the torn page
. he shows the piece of paper to Kogoro and makes him remember it before having place it on the gap between 2 pages of the notebook
. Conan shuts the notebook and then challenges Kogoro to find the torn paper
. Kogoro quickly flips the notebook pages but doesn't find it
. Conan then opens the notebook and shows it's still there
. The pages where the paper is at have their lateral edges slightly torn towars the end
. And since there are no edges in which the fingers can get caught one will skip those pages altogether thus making it look like the memo vanished
. Of course, if you flip them from the above then you will stumble upon the pages

. The diary pages had the same trick to hide the pages he didn't want his wife to see
. And so the memo is the on the cooking book and in the pages with the stew recipe which the wife would never bother to check because the husband's mother had told her the recipe in person

. When they try to find which of the cooking books is there's a blackout and the song "Grandfather's clock" rings out along with the sound of the cage dropping to the floor
. Conan, Kogoro and Jirokichi rush there: the book is still there but there's a KID card saying "I've taken the contents".
. Jirokichi suggests pulling the customer's faces but the widow opposes since she had Jirokichi accept her conditions in order to hold this exhibit: she doesn't care if the jewel got stolen because she wanted to retrieve the diary and only her husband valued that jewel

. Agasa suddenly says he's got stomach ache and runs to the toilet: he's sitting inside of a stall when Conan shows up by over the door and says he hasn't opened the box
. Conan says he figured out it wasn't Agasa because he called him "Conan-kun" when both were alone which he never does and the fingers' bandages are misplaced
. He also used a trick involving his disguise to retrieve the book Ran wasn't able to get before: normally it would be impossible for Agasa to do so because he and Ran have more or less the same height
. Conan says he figured out he actually didn't open the box because "Grandfather Clock" is an American song, was made in 1876 yet it didn't come to Japan until 1940: there was no way Samizu Kichiemon of the Bakumatsu period (1853-1869) would know it. So Kid played that using his smartphone.

. Conan then asks if it's alright for Kid not to take the jewel since Kid's looking for a special jewel
. Kid replies that he coincidentally met the husband one evening and saw how a pickpocket stole his jewel but Kid got it back for him and checked it back then so he only came to answer to the challenge
. In effect: using the memo's instructions Jirokichi opens the box which has the jewel and the diary and a note by the husband that reads "Congratulations! You finally found these!"
. When Kid attempts to leave the stall it turns out Okiya is holding the door closed from the outside and demands the photo Kid took back since his voice changer was visible: Kid triggers another blackout, leaves the smartphone and vanishes...
... Yet he has to hide atop the cage since Nakamori spends the following 12 hours searching for him inside the library
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
k11chi
User avatar
Posts: 1459

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 963-965

Postby k11chi » June 30th, 2016, 1:39 pm

Spoiler:
The ending is supposed to be that comedic ending but I feel like Nakamori is still there because he knows Kid couldn't have escaped...
Spimer
Moderator
User avatar

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Posts: 1051

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 963-965

Postby Spimer » June 30th, 2016, 3:15 pm

@k11chi:
Spoiler:
Exactly. He refuses to pull out despite that the SWAT team says they've searched the whole library. Save for the top of the cage where Kid is at. LoL.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
PirateKing
User avatar
Posts: 55

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 963-965

Postby PirateKing » July 1st, 2016, 9:10 am

Spimer wrote:Details about the case:
Spoiler:
. Conan exposes the trick to hide the memo:
.he tears off a notebook page and splits it into 2 pieces
. he then writes a circle in the front and the rear of one half of the torn page
. he shows the piece of paper to Kogoro and makes him remember it before having place it on the gap between 2 pages of the notebook
. Conan shuts the notebook and then challenges Kogoro to find the torn paper
. Kogoro quickly flips the notebook pages but doesn't find it
. Conan then opens the notebook and shows it's still there
. The pages where the paper is at have their lateral edges slightly torn towars the end
. And since there are no edges in which the fingers can get caught one will skip those pages altogether thus making it look like the memo vanished
. Of course, if you flip them from the above then you will stumble upon the pages

. The diary pages had the same trick to hide the pages he didn't want his wife to see
. And so the memo is the on the cooking book and in the pages with the stew recipe which the wife would never bother to check because the husband's mother had told her the recipe in person

. When they try to find which of the cooking books is there's a blackout and the song "Grandfather's clock" rings out along with the sound of the cage dropping to the floor
. Conan, Kogoro and Jirokichi rush there: the book is still there but there's a KID card saying "I've taken the contents".
. Jirokichi suggests pulling the customer's faces but the widow opposes since she had Jirokichi accept her conditions in order to hold this exhibit: she doesn't care if the jewel got stolen because she wanted to retrieve the diary and only her husband valued that jewel

. Agasa suddenly says he's got stomach ache and runs to the toilet: he's sitting inside of a stall when Conan shows up by over the door and says he hasn't opened the box
. Conan says he figured out it wasn't Agasa because he called him "Conan-kun" when both were alone which he never does and the fingers' bandages are misplaced
. He also used a trick involving his disguise to retrieve the book Ran wasn't able to get before: normally it would be impossible for Agasa to do so because he and Ran have more or less the same height
. Conan says he figured out he actually didn't open the box because "Grandfather Clock" is an American song, was made in 1876 yet it didn't come to Japan until 1940: there was no way Samizu Kichiemon of the Bakumatsu period (1853-1869) would know it. So Kid played that using his smartphone.

. Conan then asks if it's alright for Kid not to take the jewel since Kid's looking for a special jewel
. Kid replies that he coincidentally met the husband one evening and saw how a pickpocket stole his jewel but Kid got it back for him and checked it back then so he only came to answer to the challenge
. In effect: using the memo's instructions Jirokichi opens the box which has the jewel and the diary and a note by the husband that reads "Congratulations! You finally found these!"
. When Kid attempts to leave the stall it turns out Okiya is holding the door closed from the outside and demands the photo Kid took back since his voice changer was visible: Kid triggers another blackout, leaves the smartphone and vanishes...
... Yet he has to hide atop the cage since Nakamori spends the following 12 hours searching for him inside the library



Spoiler:
Thanks for that! One question, is it revealed what nursery rhyme played when the box was opened?
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests