Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 963-965

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 963-96X

Post by Spimer »

I read the file as a whole an added some details to my earlier post so if anyone wants to check it out again feel free to
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

k11chi wrote:
jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:anti-climactic spoiler images
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Then again that completely shows the whole thing... In other words it was part of how he works after all. It'll be a 3 chapter case most likely now..
Spoiler:
@k11chi
We'll have to wait and see whether Shinichi/Conan makes his "I got it" face in either 964 or 965.

@jimmy_kud0_tv2
Anti-climactic how?
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Apologies for the double post.
Spoiler:
964 text spoilers are out:
http://tamae.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ymag/1465877930/493

k11chi was correct with his guess about the length of the case—965 will be the resolution.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

Translation of the text spoilers
Spoiler:
File 964: Approach

Trying to find the memo inside of over 10,000 books is hard.

Jirokichi alreay tried, like Kogoro, to skim over all books by gathering all the staff but they didn't find it.

The widow brings up something else her late husband had mentioned: "Suppose you find the memo... You should be able to find the contents of the box, too, but..." yet it rather sounded like "you'll never find it". She never asked him "which" book it was because she thought it would be shameful to do so.

Kogoro's coughs are getting worse so Conan & Agasa go to the lobby where there are vending machines: Agasa also goes to the restroom and Conan waits for him.

Kogoro attempts to force the box open again: he ignores the "don't take it away" signpost and tries to jump back from the fence's range yet a new fence drops where he intended to land: Kogoro accidentally spits the drink inside of his mouth and wets the box: the widow quickly rushes to wipe out the liquid yet Conan seems to think something about this.

Kogoro and the others return to the : Ran & Sonoko went to pick flowers so they aren't present: Haibara & Okiya seem to have forgotten what they were doing there and are going over mystery series novels: the widow notices that Okiya's sleeves smell of meat and potatoes stew: Okiya and she begin to talk and Okiya says he likes cooking: Ran and Sonoko come back then: she talks about how she read the cooking book her late husband had bought for her over and over again to the point she opened some holes on it: Sonoko seems eager to meet Kid so she put up some make-on.

Conan then feels Kid's presence: the medicine Kogoro drank seems to be more effective than it'd been insofar, Okiya is scanning the surroudings while pretending to read the books, Agasa took too much time in the toilet... He also thinks he could've disguised as either Ran or Sonoko. Ran picks a chair and climbs on it to try to reach a book in a higher shelf: Conan stares at her tighs and what's beyond them...
Haibara: "Super lewd..."

That asides, Haibara says that everyone but Okiya had an opening in which Kid could've swapped with them but Conan suspects that Kid could've been impersonating Okiya ever since he showed up in the library.

The widow brings up her late husband's exchange diary: he only wrotes a few lines in the pages back when he was a student but shortly after they married she checked out the diary there were 2 pages she supposedly hadn't seen before filled with her late husband's writing: he retrieved it back on that day and she didn't see it again.

It would seem this info might be a clue.

Kid (thinking): "Oho. That guy's face... Looks like you've figured it out too... Detective. Where the paper is and what the box's contents are..."

Side-note: "The thief and the detective gloat: have all mysteries been solved!? Next number: the resolution!
DCUniverseAficionado

Spimer wrote:
Spoiler:
Kogoro's coughs are getting worse so Conan & Agasa go to the lobby where there are vending machines: Agasa also goes to the restroom and Conan waits for him.

Kogoro and the others return to the : Haibara & Okiya seem to have forgotten what they were doing there and are going over mystery series novels: the widow notices that Okiya's sleeves smell of meat and potatoes stew: Okiya and she begin to talk and Okiya says he likes cooking:

Conan then feels Kid's presence: Okiya is scanning the surroudings while pretending to read the books, Agasa took too much time in the toilet...

That asides, Haibara says that everyone but Okiya had an opening in which Kid could've swapped with them but Conan suspects that Kid could've been impersonating Okiya ever since he showed up in the library.
Spoiler:
It's pretty likely that Kid knocked Agasa out when he went to the restroom and impersonated him, hence why "Agasa" took so long. Kid couldn't have guessed what Shuichi/Subaru had made with the lid on, so I think this Subaru is Shuichi, not Kid.
rfsuki

Post by rfsuki »

Spoiler:
The smell of meat and potatoes stew on Okiya's sleeves seems to confirm that he is indeed Shuichi.

Besides Okiya, the widow, Haibara and Conan, Kid could have impersonated anyone because the others seemed to move around a lot in this chapter therefore Kid could have time to swap with anyone of them.

One more thing: at the end of the chapter, Kid seems to have realized that Okiya's face is a disguise mask. Things start to get interesting.
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

rfsuki wrote:
Spoiler:
One more thing: at the end of the chapter, Kid seems to have realized that Okiya's face is a disguise mask. Things start to get interesting.
Spoiler:
What, where did you get that from? If you mean Kid's last sentence, that seems to be about Conan's typical "I have solved this mystery!" face and not Okiya's face.
rfsuki

Post by rfsuki »

Serinox wrote:
rfsuki wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
What, where did you get that from? If you mean Kid's last sentence, that seems to be about Conan's typical "I have solved this mystery!" face and not Okiya's face.
Spoiler:
Yeah you're right. I misunderstood this. Just because I always have a thought that Kid's father is Yukiko's master so Kid is good enough to realize Okiya's mask.
PirateKing

Post by PirateKing »

Spoiler:
Going by file 963, I noticed Agasa has a lot of band-aids on his finger, no doubt due to the self-defense mechanism of the box. I'm going to hazard a guess that Kid will disguise as Agasa, and get found by out because he doesn't put the band-aids on the right fingers, or maybe adds one too many or less.
DCUniverseAficionado

rfsuki wrote:
Spoiler:
Besides Okiya, the widow, Haibara and Conan, Kid could have impersonated anyone because the others seemed to move around a lot in this chapter therefore Kid could have time to swap with anyone of them.
Spoiler:
Agasa is the only one of them whom Kid hasn't disguised as, before (Ran: Black Star, Kogoro: Sunset Manor, Jirokichi: Midair Walk, and Sonoko: Makoto Vs. Kid), hence why I think this case will be the first time he does.
PirateKing wrote:
Spoiler:
Going by file 963, I noticed Agasa has a lot of band-aids on his finger, no doubt due to the self-defense mechanism of the box. I'm going to hazard a guess that Kid will disguise as Agasa, and get found by out because he doesn't put the band-aids on the right fingers, or maybe adds one too many or less.
Spoiler:
Yeah, I don't think there's any other reason he has so many band-aids on his fingers but for the disguised Kid to get found out.
yourereadingthis

Post by yourereadingthis »

Spoiler:
Hoping the tune turns out to be that particular one, thus foreshadowing the next file to be BO related ::)
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

@yourereadingthis:
Spoiler:
Sadly, it can't be the Seven Children.

Why? This box was made in the 19th century and the music box inside is from that period too.

Seven Children was made in 1921.

So unless the late husband found a way to manipulate the music box to change its tune it surely will turn out to be some old traditional Japanese song.

And besides, insofar there's been no connection between Samizu Kichiemon and the BO to begin with: the late husband doesn't appeal as being the type to be linked to the BO either.
yourereadingthis

Post by yourereadingthis »

@Spimer
Spoiler:
Ah, thanks for clarifying that. It's a shame.
I knew it was highly unlikely Samizu or the late husband were related to the BO, but I was hoping Gosho would have chosen Seven Children to just coincidentally be the tune so that Conan would think about them and prove to be a segue for the next case.
Yep, won't happen unless he decides to retcon/rewrite history.
Max1996

Post by Max1996 »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
rfsuki wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Agasa is the only one of them whom Kid hasn't disguised as, before (Ran: Black Star, Kogoro: Sunset Manor, Jirokichi: Midair Walk, and Sonoko: Makoto Vs. Kid), hence why I think this case will be the first time he does.
PirateKing wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Yeah, I don't think there's any other reason he has so many band-aids on his fingers but for the disguised Kid to get found out.
Spoiler:
That is more likely, as Jirokichi can be ruled out as Kid's disguise. His mention of the lady's husband always standing behind him would be something Kid couldn't know.
kentasaiba
Mr. Pickles!

Post by kentasaiba »

Spoiler:
It also cant be Okiya, because Kid cant know how his eyes looks. And maybe the late husband was part of the Crow-Society :-*