Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 963-965

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 963-965

Post by Spimer »

@PirateKing:
Spoiler:
no. Conan wasn't around when Jirokichi opened the box so we don't know.

Kid only played "Grandfather's clock" to make them think he'd opened the box and already fled but as Conan told him a 19th century Japanese wouldn't know the song.

But I don't think the song was relevant to begin with. It couldn't have been "7 Children" either because that's a 20th century song.

So I guess the whole "nursery rhyme" was either a teaser by Gosho or foreshadowing that it'd have some relevance into the case.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

k11chi

Post by k11chi »

The song gives a very similar feeling to nanatsu no ko atleast. I like it. I guess it's kind of happy but gives a sad feeling because the old times that give nostalgia are gone.
MrDetective
Irregular Scans staff

Post by MrDetective »

Spoiler:
What I retain from this case is Conan revealing to KID that Agasa doesn't call him Conan-kun when the others aren't here
Shihœiji

Post by Shihœiji »

And also Conan understand that Kid is looking for a specific stone. I'm sure the two manga are going to interact more and more in the future.
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

@Shiehoeiji: no, Conan just figured it out because Kid always says "not the jewel I'm after" whenever he's about to leave a place where he's appeared. Anyone would figure it out after Kid keeps saying that the whole time.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
haibaralove

Post by haibaralove »

Spoiler:
I was 100% sure that Agasa was Kid... Well first time my guess turned right...Talking about who has retrieved Subaru's photo...I was like this has to be Amuro but it would be too much of out of context to think that this only ones who were there in that scene could retrieve it...And I can't think of anyone else bu Haibara's...and looking at recent files...there is too much of Subaru Haibara's interactions going on and also since next file is Detective boys..thus it has to be her

Seems like Amuro and Haibara both are going to put down Subaru's collar :D