When was the script for "The Scarlet Agent" written?

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Shiromi

When was the script for "The Scarlet Agent" written?

Post by Shiromi »

I think I've found a plot hole.

Making a movie takes a long time. Years, especially for a big-budget movie that would win a Macademy Award.

So, if "Subaru" has only been in disguise at the Kudou's for a few months, when was "The Scarlet Agent" written?
My DC Fanfic: Awaking and Arising - Shiromi writes her version of the end of the series. With 100% more lesbians and immortal zombie boys. And existential crises. Lots of them.
Kogorou - A character study that seeks to answer the question: Why is Kogorou the way he is?
A Kindred Spirit - Sonoko and Makoto realize that they have more in common than previously realized.
DC Fanfic Rants

Betareading this fanfic: Deception
k11chi

Re: When was the script for "The Scarlet Agent" written?

Post by k11chi »

It says he's new to the script writing business so it was finished in 6 months at most I'd say, with Akai inspiration coming later Kudo could have rewritten the script with Akai later on as they usually do with animated movies if something happens in the story while the film is in the making.
Spoiler:
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

DC has a floating timeline. Many time based events that cover more than a few months are just assumed to be condensed for the sake of being allowed to happen. Akai was disguised as Subaru for basically 7 years of real-life time. It would be a bit unfair to fans to push back Scarlet Arc even further to allow enough time to pass in the DC story line for a movie script to be written and produced.
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Jd- and I pointed the same thing back when the case was released.
jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:DC has a floating timeline. Many time based events that cover more than a few months are just assumed to be condensed for the sake of being allowed to happen. Akai was disguised as Subaru for basically 7 years of real-life time. It would be a bit unfair to fans to push back Scarlet Arc even further to allow enough time to pass in the DC story line for a movie script to be written and produced.
I don't think everything can be excused by the floating timeline thing. Gosho didn't have to go with a "Yusaku wrote his first script ever and got an award for it" route. He wasn't forced by the story to come to this scenario, he decided to do this on his own accords. He could have done other things that wouldn't seem jarring.
I just think Gosho didn't realize that the timeframe doesn't work for this thing. That, or he did realize it makes no sense but still went with that idea cause he liked it for some reason.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Shiromi wrote:I think I've found a plot hole.

Making a movie takes a long time. Years, especially for a big-budget movie that would win a Macademy Award.

So, if "Subaru" has only been in disguise at the Kudou's for a few months, when was "The Scarlet Agent" written?
For those who take issue with Scarlet Showdown, this is the least of its problems.

What are the other plot holes you found in this story?
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)