Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 958-962

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
aaron_ouji

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 958-96X

Post by aaron_ouji »

Spoiler:
Anyone else think Momiji will be in the next movie?
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

Chekhov MacGuffin wrote:cboxers ignore pls.
Spoiler:
@Momiji I am extremely sure the backstory is going to be something like Heiji made a marriage bet with her as a child. She took it 100% seriously and is going to try to cash in on it.
So.....
Spoiler:
Ranma? :V
aaron_ouji wrote:
Spoiler:
Anyone else think Momiji will be in the next movie?
I just realized this this morning.
Spoiler:
It turned into a sort of play on words with the momiji leaves falling and this new girl named Momiji :V
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar
BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

Post by Chekhov MacGuffin »

If momiji is a setup for the next movie, then I would expect her episodes to be pushed ahead of other non-momiji cases in the anime, thus giving a hint.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Chekhov MacGuffin wrote:cboxers ignore pls.
Spoiler:
@Momiji I am extremely sure the backstory is going to be something like Heiji made a marriage bet with her as a child. She took it 100% seriously and is going to try to cash in on it.
Spoiler:
I'll bet on this, and that Okita, Heiji's kendo rival from Yaiba, is involved.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

Apparently the "haato" was literally just meaning that there is a heart in the word bubble, not a pun
Also, she is from Kyoto? that's a little interesting considering movie 7 stuff. She probably will have more to do with move 21.

Also Also, does she look like a high school version of Mary to anyone else? Why....

I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

(cross post from another thread)
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Spimer wrote:Newest AC hints translations:
Pic 3: Will that 6th gen guy show up?
Apparently, he's talking about Okita... strange time to reference him, after 60 volumes/15 years without an appearance... maybe he and Momiji are linked.
Now that you bring that up, I looked it up...... apparently Okita and Momiji go to the same school.

Okita goes to Kyoto Senshin High School (File 314, page 6)

Momiji goes to the same school (File 962, page 16)
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
KaitoRizu

Post by KaitoRizu »

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote: Also Also, does she look like a high school version of Mary to anyone else? Why....

She does look a bit like MG but she's looks much more similar to Fusae to me
Thanks for the SS Kamite! ;D
Spoiler:
MrDetective
Irregular Scans staff

Post by MrDetective »

Jesus Christ gosho, stop adding new plot points when we already have thousands of them left unsolved
Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar
BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

Post by Chekhov MacGuffin »

MrDetective wrote:Jesus Christ gosho, stop adding new plot points when we already have thousands of them left unsolved
It's fine. This new girl will be paired with Okita after Heiji and Kazuha manage to shoo her away.

Besides Gosho has to introduce new people to dilute the Rum suspect pool.
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Chekhov MacGuffin wrote: It's fine. This new girl will be paired with Okita after Heiji and Kazuha manage to shoo her away.
You're saying it's fine, but your following sentence doesn't really seem to support that notion :V
caniran
Arsenius

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 958-962

Post by caniran »

Spoiler:
She has potential to be a sister of a important character like Sera years ago!!
kentasaiba
Mr. Pickles!

Post by kentasaiba »

Aoyama already said, two characters are sisters. So maybe this one is Marys sister.
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

kentasaiba wrote:Aoyama already said, two characters are sisters. So maybe this one is Marys sister.
He said two mothers are sisters, not just two characters.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Kor wrote:
Chekhov MacGuffin wrote: It's fine. This new girl will be paired with Okita after Heiji and Kazuha manage to shoo her away.
You're saying it's fine, but your following sentence doesn't really seem to support that notion :V
Chekhov MacGuffin wrote:Besides Gosho has to introduce new people to dilute the Rum suspect pool.
I can see Momiji possibly being connected to Rum, just as much as I can see Sakurako being possibly connected to Rum. Best case scenario, she is connected to Rum—if not, then she's Kazuha's rival who probably, as Chekov suggested, will end up with Okita by the end of this.
MrDetective wrote:Jesus Christ gosho, stop adding new plot points when we already have thousands of them left unsolved
I severely doubt Momiji's inclusion in the story is going to have a truly adverse effect, in terms of how long we're gonna have to wait to see DC end. In fact, if she's more than just Kazuha's rival, and she is connected to Rum, then it might just shorten things.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
estuputri

Post by estuputri »

caniran wrote:
Spoiler:
She has potential to be a sister of a important character like Sera years ago!!
Will she? Or maybe it's only for the next movie.. hmm..