Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 954-957

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Amuro321

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 954-957

Post by Amuro321 »

I dont think that amuro will team up with akai or conan. Becouse like gin said amuro is a person who keeps things for himself and likes to go his own way. And gosho always keeps good people clean like akai for example. But amuro did many bad things and we still dont know all about him and his past. Who knows maybe he is a half loyal BO member or even worse he maybe is a BO spy in the PSB. In a interview gosho said:" you are bringing up a painful topic" when someone asked that it may be someone who is a BO spy inside the PSB or fbi for example. We only saw spies inside the BO from the FBI,PSB and CIA but We never saw a BO spy inside the police or fbi. Maybe RUM will be the first one who come to that.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Amuro321 wrote:I dont think that amuro will team up with akai or conan. Becouse like gin said amuro is a person who keeps things for himself and likes to go his own way. And gosho always keeps good people clean like akai for example. But amuro did many bad things and we still dont know all about him and his past. Who knows maybe he is a half loyal BO member or even worse he maybe is a BO spy in the PSB.
But he's already teamed up with Shinichi/Conan.

Rei/Tooru hasn't killed anyone—he hasn't even gotten himself into a situation like Shuichi did with Scotch.

What's the point of him being a BO spy in the NPA (Scotch was PSB)? Why have Scarlet Showdown if Rei's/Tooru's a loyal BO member. He's already keeping not only Shinichi's/Conan's involvement secret (the fact that he's the brains behind Sleeping Kogoro), but he's keeping secret the fact that Shuichi Akai is alive.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
rfsuki

Post by rfsuki »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote: How Shuichi found out about Rei Furuya?
Spoiler:
Akai is a genius btw ^_^

In chapter 897, Akai did tell Rei: "It was a big mistake when you let slip to that boy that your nickname was Zero. There aren't many names that lead to the nickname Zero. It was easy to find out". So I think it's safe to assume that since the moment Akai saw Bourbon's reactions besides Scotch's corpse, he already suspected that Bourbon might have also been a spy who had infiltrated the BO together with Scotch but at that time he had no other clue about Bourbon. However, when Akai heard the nickname Zero from Conan (along with other info about Amuro Tooru), he thought of the real name "Rei" right away (in Japanese, Zero was also pronounced as "Rei" ) and started to investigate all the information about the PSB. Well, we all know that Akai is a skilled hacker (he easily hacked Kogoro's computer and Haibara's cell phone before) so it's not difficult for him to hack or investigate the PSB' s data. Perhaps that was how Akai found out about Rei Furuya. Akai is an expert in investigating secret matters btw. Up to now I still have been impressed by how he found out the whole truth about the Hondos (Ethan and Hidemi/Kir).
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

rfsuki wrote:
DCUniverseAficionado wrote: How Shuichi found out about Rei Furuya?
Spoiler:
Well, we all know that Akai is a skilled hacker (he easily hacked Kogoro's computer and Haibara's cell phone before) so it's not difficult for him to hack or investigate the PSB' s data.

Up to now I still have been impressed by how he found out the whole truth about the Hondos (Ethan and Hidemi/Kir).
Spoiler:
You think hacking Japanese Public Security is as easy as hacking random civilians' computers and devices?

By that standard, he could've just hacked the CIA's files and found out the truth without so much as stepping outside to interview that homeless man.

It certainly is likely, though, that his hacking skills were involved, but I'd say he had help from someone like James. It's not like Subaru Okiya can go around asking Shuichi Akai's contacts to get him info on the NPA.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)