Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 954-957

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Kor
Administrator

Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 954-957

Post by Kor »

As stated in the above image, please continue to use spoiler boxes for the first seven days in which a file is available. However, due to legal restrictions, we kindly ask that you do NOT post any links in this topic to any Japanese raw files or English scanlations. For more information on this matter, please click here.

Text spoilers in Japanese:
Spoiler:
黒づくめの組織内
公安のスパイがバレて、射殺される男
撃ったのは赤井、止められなかった安室……

FILE954 裏切りの制裁

バーボンは運転中、考え事をしていて右折すべき交差点を通り過ぎてしまう
とある大物に接近し、「ソレ」が公になる前に処分しろという指示を受けるが……

コナン・蘭・園子・沖矢が留守中の工藤家の掃除
園子は世良も誘ったが、別のホテルに移動するため来なかった
沖矢は園子たちに、世良の周りに変わった人がいなかったか尋ねる
謎の凄腕SP・「ASACA」を探しているのだが、園子たちは見ていない様子
言われて園子は別の話を始める
ロックミュージシャン・波土禄道(はど ろくみち)が
17年越しに発表する新曲のタイトルが「ASACA」
RUMがらみだ!と察したコナンと沖矢は
園子たちが禄道ライブの前日リハーサルを見学に行くというので同行することに

しかし、会場に行ってみたものの
まだ歌詞が完成してないので人を入れないよう言われている、と
コナンたちはマネージャーに止められる
バックバンドやスタッフの人たちも出払っててステージは留守
契約レコード会社の社長はこのライブで禄道は引退するという
何度も止めたが禄道の意志は固く、明日の本番で公表するつもりだとか
潜入していた悪徳記者が引っかき回しに来るが
マネージャーが外で作業中のスタッフにつまみ出させる
見られないんじゃ仕方ない、そこまで熱心なファンでもないし、と
園子たちが帰ろうとすると、安室が梓と一緒に現れる
ポアロで安室が禄道のファンだと言う話を園子にしたら
前日リハの見学手配をしてくれたとのこと、梓もついてきた
ファンの大人3人を残して、園子たちはコナンを連れて帰ろうとする
そこでコナンは梓にギター上手だよね、と話をすると、梓は普通に認める
梓はバンドの件ではギターに触ったこともないと言っていたが
JKに混じるのが恥ずかしかったから、とごまかす
それを見てコナンは梓=ベルモットと判断
コナンは沖矢=赤井と知っているので
梓にバレたら殺される、と沖矢に耳打ちする

ところが、撤退の機会は別の理由で潰される
消防署員が設備の検査をしに客席のドアを開けると
禄道の首つり死体がステージ上にぶら下がっている
■宙高く吊るされたミュージシャン。この不可思議な状況は、一体……!?
Initial translations by bash7353 from the cbox:
Spoiler:
bash7353: Sonoko talks about a musician called Hodo Rokumichi that is releasing a new song called "ASAKA" which makes Conan and Okiya think it's a song about Rum. Then they all go to that guy's live rehearsal, but then it looks like it is cancelled. When they wanna go home, Amuro and Azusa show up. Conan notices that Azusa can play guitar quite well, but back in the girl band case she didn't touch the instrument at all, so he concludes she's actually Vermouth in disguise.
bash7353: He whispers into Okiya's ears that Azusa can't learn he's Akai, or he'll be killed. Then it turns out Hodo Rokumichi was found dead.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 954-95X

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Kor wrote:
Spoiler:
bash7353: Conan whispers into Okiya's ears that Azusa can't learn he's Akai, or he'll be killed.
Spoiler:
Not that Hidemi/Rena/Kir will be killed? ???
Last edited by DCUniverseAficionado on March 26th, 2016, 6:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

Translation of text spoilers:
Spoiler:
A PSB spy inside of the BO is found out... And a man is shot dead. Akai shot the man and Amuro couldn't stop Akai from doing so...

File 954: The punishment of betrayal

Bourbon is driving along the city and seems to be lost in thoughts as he skips a crossroad where he wanted to turn right. He approaches something important, and is given orders to dispose of "it" before it goes public...

Conan, Ran, Sonoko and Okiya are cleansing up the Kudo house. Sonoko admits that she invited Sera to join them but couldn't because she had to move to a different hotel. Okiya asks the 3 of them about wheter there's "someone odd" around Sera. He's looking for the mysterious go-getter SP "ASACA" but it'd seem that Sonoko and Ran haven't seen anyone who stood out around Sera.

When Okiya brings out the name Sonoko talks about another topic: the rock musician Hado Rokumichi has announced a new song after 17 years. The title's "ASACA".
This has to be related to RUM! Conan and Okiya feel that so they agree to join Sonoko and Ran to go see a reharsal before Rokumichi does the live.

However, when they reach the hall they and others are halted by the manager who argues that the song lyrics aren't completed yet so no-one can come in.
The backband and the staff have all left and the stage's empty.

The president of the record company with whom they've signed an agreement has tried many times to convince Rokumichi not to retire after this live but Rokumichi hasn't changed his mind: he plans to announce it during tomorrow's live. An unscrupulous reporter who's sneaked into hall has come to rummage but the manager has kicked them out with the helpf the staff working on the outside.

Sonoko says that if they can't see the reharsal then there's nothing they can do: not like they are passionate fans either. Just as she suggests that they go back Amuro and Azusa show up together. Amuro had told Sonoko he's a fan of Rokumichi at the Poirot and that Sonoko had arranged to come see this reharsal of the day before the live: Azusa had decided to come along as well.

Sonoko and Ran are about to go back with Conan and leave the 3 adult fans there: Conan tells Azusa that she's good at playing the guitar and Azusa admits it without doubting. Conan then says that back when the girl band case Azusa had said that she'd never played the guitar: Azusa argues that she thought it was embarassing to try to play together with high school girls.

Upon hearing that Conan decides that "Azusa" must be Vermouth: Conan knows that Okiya's Akai so if Azusa found out Akai would be killed. He warns Okiya by whispering into the ear about Vermouth.

But then their reason to leave the scene is crushed by another reason: some firefigthers come to inspect the equipment and, when they open the door of the audience's seats, Rokumichi's hanged corpse is found hanging over the stage.

Side-note: the musician hanged high in the air. What's the explanation for this mysterious situation...!?
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Spimer wrote:Translation of text spoilers:
Spoiler:
A PSB spy inside of the BO is found out... And a man is shot dead. Akai shot the man and Amuro couldn't stop Akai from doing so...

File 954: The punishment of betrayal

Bourbon is driving along the city and seems to be lost in thoughts as he skips a crossroad where he wanted to turn right. He approaches something important, and is given orders to dispose of "it" before it goes public...

Conan, Ran, Sonoko and Okiya are cleansing up the Kudo house. Sonoko admits that she invited Sera to join them but couldn't because she had to move to a different hotel. Okiya asks the 3 of them about wheter there's "someone odd" around Sera. He's looking for the mysterious go-getter SP "ASACA" but it'd seem that Sonoko and Ran haven't seen anyone who stood out around Sera.

When Okiya brings out the name Sonoko talks about another topic: the rock musician Hado Rokumichi has announced a new song after 17 years. The title's "ASACA".
This has to be related to RUM! Conan and Okiya feel that so they agree to join Sonoko and Ran to go see a reharsal before Rokumichi does the live.

However, when they reach the hall they and others are halted by the manager who argues that the song lyrics aren't completed yet so no-one can come in.
The backband and the staff have all left and the stage's empty.

The president of the record company with whom they've signed an agreement has tried many times to convince Rokumichi not to retire after this live but Rokumichi hasn't changed his mind: he plans to announce it during tomorrow's live. An unscrupulous reporter who's sneaked into hall has come to rummage but the manager has kicked them out with the helpf the staff working on the outside.

Sonoko says that if they can't see the reharsal then there's nothing they can do: not like they are passionate fans either. Just as she suggests that they go back Amuro and Azusa show up together. Amuro had told Sonoko he's a fan of Rokumichi at the Poirot and that Sonoko had arranged to come see this reharsal of the day before the live: Azusa had decided to come along as well.

Sonoko and Ran are about to go back with Conan and leave the 3 adult fans there: Conan tells Azusa that she's good at playing the guitar and Azusa admits it without doubting. Conan then says that back when the girl band case Azusa had said that she'd never played the guitar: Azusa argues that she thought it was embarassing to try to play together with high school girls.

Upon hearing that Conan decides that "Azusa" must be Vermouth: Conan knows that Okiya's Akai so if Azusa found out Akai would be killed. He warns Okiya by whispering into the ear about Vermouth.

But then their reason to leave the scene is crushed by another reason: some firefigthers come to inspect the equipment and, when they open the door of the audience's seats, Rokumichi's hanged corpse is found hanging over the stage.

Side-note: the musician hanged high in the air. What's the explanation for this mysterious situation...!?
Spoiler:
Are you sure the title isn't, "A Traitor's Punishment?"
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

@DCUniverseAficionado: no, because the word used is 裏切り (uragiri). Traitor is 裏切り者 (uragirimono).
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
DCUniverseAficionado

Spimer wrote:@DCUniverseAficionado: no, because the word used is 裏切り (uragiri). Traitor is 裏切り者 (uragirimono).
Oh, I get it.
Uchiha Shadow

Post by Uchiha Shadow »

Spoiler:
Yo, we're really getting a lot of plot, and it seems we aren't stopping any time soon, but seriously though, Akai, Rei and Vermouth(possibly?) all in one chapter? I still hope Kuroda will show up somehow.
DCUniverseAficionado

Uchiha Shadow wrote:
Spoiler:
Yo, we're really getting a lot of plot, and it seems we aren't stopping any time soon, but seriously though, Akai, Rei and Vermouth(possibly?) all in one chapter? I still hope Kuroda will show up somehow.
Spoiler:
I probably said this for the last two cases, but it's still true—he could very well appear when the police arrive.

If we count 947 (pretty much the last couple pages), then this is the 8th straight file of Koji Haneda-related and Rum-related cases.

This looks like a 3-file case, but who knows? There are three weeks to Movie 20—it'd be strange if the file that came out alongside Movie 20 wasn't BO-related. Possible, but strange.
Last edited by DCUniverseAficionado on March 26th, 2016, 8:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

Spoiler:
Amuro driving is all I neeeed.. It's all I need baby.
DCUniverseAficionado

Spoiler:
It just hit me—maybe what Rei/Tooru is referring to when he thinks about "[disposing of it] before it goes public," it may be related to the beginning of Movie 20, with Ms. Heterochromia stealing the secret files from the police. Maybe the NPA—not the BO—has ordered him to deal with the problem.

Also, when Shinichi/Conan thinks Vermouth is disguised as someone, we're never told that he does until it's revealed or after it's revealed, right (either that, or he has no idea, like the Cherry Blossom Pickpocket Case (850–852/734))? Given that this is not what's happening, Asuza may really be just Asuza, and not Vermouth.

Speaking of Vermouth and the Cherry Blossom Pickpocket Case, perhaps Vermouth is disguised as someone else, entirely.
Last edited by DCUniverseAficionado on March 26th, 2016, 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Themaninarmor
It's not about me

Post by Themaninarmor »

Spoiler:
Hodo... Is he on the APTX list? Sorry somehow it become my new habbit sha sha sha.
ran mamijo kun
katara kare anya masuno
DCUniverseAficionado

Themaninarmor wrote:
Spoiler:
Hodo... Is he on the APTX list? Sorry somehow it become my new habbit sha sha sha.
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

So we've gotten Okiya's take on the Koji case
Masumi and Mary's take on the case
and now
Spoiler:
possibly Bourbon and Vermouth's ?
Whats next?
is Scotch going to rise out of his grave and give his ?
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
bash7353
部下の手柄は上司のもの
上司の失敗は部下の責任

Post by bash7353 »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Spoiler:
It just hit me—maybe what Rei/Tooru is referring to when he thinks about "[disposing of it] before it goes public," it may be related to the beginning of Movie 20, with Ms. Heterochromia stealing the secret files from the police. Maybe the NPA—not the BO—has ordered him to deal with the problem.

Also, when Shinichi/Conan thinks Vermouth is disguised as someone, we're never told that he does until it's revealed or after it's revealed, right (either that, or he has no idea, like the Cherry Blossom Pickpocket Case (850–852/734))? Given that this is not what's happening, Asuza may really be just Asuza, and not Vermouth.

Speaking of Vermouth and the Cherry Blossom Pickpocket Case, perhaps Vermouth is disguised as someone else, entirely.
Spoiler:
I don't think what you're saying is possible because the movies and the manga shouldn't be that closely connected.

Considering that Amuro shows up at this musician's rehearsal, I'd say he's probably been tasked with making sure the song 'Asaca' doesn't go public. And just like in the case leading up to Scarlet, someone else does his job for him before he could get to it.
"Vad ska jag annars vara?" - "Det vet jag inte. Det måste du svara på. Men om du släpper allt du tror att du måste, och frågar dig vad du vill... Vad vill du då?"
描いた夢は叶わないことの方が多い
秀れた人を羨んでは自分が嫌になる
浅い眠りに押し潰されそう夜もある
優しい隣人が陰で牙を向いていたり

惰性で観てたテレビ消すみたいに生きることを時々辞めたくなる

人生は苦痛ですか 成功が全てですか
僕はあなたにあなたに ただ逢いたいだけ
信じたい嘘 効かない薬 帰れないサヨナラ
叫べ叫べ叫べ   逢いたいだけ
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

Another 3 chapter case it seems. I wish there could be a little more variation in the length of the cases.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"