Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 951-953

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 951-953

Post by Spimer »

@wrd:
Spoiler:
I think he means the Kouji case. He considers it a failure because RUM got witnessed by Kouji and had to kill him too while making a mess of the room. Sounds like Gin never cared about Hotta digging for info about that case.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
wrd

Post by wrd »

Spimer wrote:@wrd:
Spoiler:
I think he means the Kouji case. He considers it a failure because RUM got witnessed by Kouji and had to kill him too while making a mess of the room. Sounds like Gin never cared about Hotta digging for info about that case.
Thanks Spimer ^^
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

Spimer wrote:@wrd:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
But woulnd't this be kinda odd? I mean Asaka was Amanda's bodyguard, she could have killed her at any time and for sure could have stopped the murder attempt if Kouji was somewhere near and/or could disturb the attempt. I think Kouji probably was also the target especially that he was pretty close to Amanda and there would be a risk that he knows something. And in fact he knew - he knew the nick of the person who killed him. Normally he shouldn't know that, and Amanda probably would call her "Asaka" during the murder attempt, so one more reason of why Kouji should not know the nick of the person who killed him but miraculously he knew it. Which is why I think that both of them were the targets.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
iiRoYaL

Post by iiRoYaL »

Spoiler:
I feel like Akai-san's father is the cause of Rum's failure somehow :-\
Valentin

Post by Valentin »

Spoiler:
The latest Secret Talk says something about the manuscript of File 955. If I understand it correctly, the manuscript has been uploaded safely, climaxes like the movie ‘Frequency’ (Or the readers get excited like they do when they watch that movie?) and is praised by everyone; but I’m not too sure, so please correct me if I’m wrong.
Secret Talk wrote:【サンデー・O嶋】今朝8時ごろ、サンデー19号の原稿が無事アップ☆ 青山先生にお借りした「オーロラの彼方へ」という映画の感想で盛り上がりました。担当たちも絶賛!
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

@Valentin
Translation of the Secret Talk
Spoiler:
(Sunday - OShima) Uplodaded Sunday #19 today at 8 AM. I was excited: Aoyama - sensei told me his review of a movie I lent him named "Beyond the Aurora". Great admiration from the staff too!
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
Valentin

Post by Valentin »

Spoiler:
Spimer wrote:@Valentin
Translation of the Secret Talk
(Sunday - OShima) Uplodaded Sunday #19 today at 8 AM. I was excited: Aoyama - sensei told me his review of a movie I lent him named "Beyond the Aurora". Great admiration from the staff too!
Oh, I thought that the part about Aoyama still referred to the manuscript. Thanks for the clarification! I guess that I should be more careful with stars as punctuation marks☆
Themaninarmor
It's not about me

Post by Themaninarmor »

@Uchiha Shadow
thanks although it still not specified but from what you said i think there must be something big that happened in BO 17-18 years ago. There is 2 or maybe more sign for that. First, the scientists that held the B0 main project died in ?accident?
Second, the number two in B0 did assasinate and infiltration job personally (it's uncommon) maybe there are another sign but i know only two.
Spoiler:
@nemomon
yes, i feel the same too even that made me thought asaka is akai father and he must run because being accused as kohji's murder. But it was silly sha sha sha
ran mamijo kun
katara kare anya masuno
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

Themaninarmor wrote: Second, the number two in B0 did assasinate and infiltration job personally (it's uncommon) maybe there are another sign but i know only two.
Do you think Rum was already the No. 2 of the BO back then? I assumed he worked his way up to that point since the murder of Kouji.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Serinox wrote:
Themaninarmor wrote: Second, the number two in B0 did assasinate and infiltration job personally (it's uncommon) maybe there are another sign but i know only two.
Do you think Rum was already the No. 2 of the BO back then? I assumed he worked his way up to that point since the murder of Kouji.
Yeah, being No.2 for 17 years seems quite unlikely... we know so little about BO member composition, now... but 17 years ago? Who knows where Gin, Vodka, Chianti and Korn were, then?
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Themaninarmor
It's not about me

Post by Themaninarmor »

@serinox & @DCUniverseAficionado
honestly i didn't think up to there. But RUM had the drug which regular member couldn't get so if he not the number two then he had high position like gin at that time.
ran mamijo kun
katara kare anya masuno
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

Themaninarmor wrote:@serinox & @DCUniverseAficionado
honestly i didn't think up to there. But RUM had the drug which regular member couldn't get so if he not the number two then he had high position like gin at that time.
Why do you think normal members can't get it? Maybe they even gave it to him specifically to kill Amanda with it.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Spoiler:
So Shinichi/Conan did indeed take a picture of Mary, and, apparently, Masumi and Mary met Shinichi/Conan ten years ago. To Mary, it seems that he's different, now, and apparently this is why she's not ready to trust him.

Looking at the picture, Shinichi/Conan refers to Mary as "the suspicious one," in terms of theorizing that not only is Asaka—Rum—a woman, but that she was shrunk to the age of a middle schooler after taking "the same poison (drug) as I did," a.k.a., APTX 4869. In other words, for the moment, he's really pondering the Mary = Rum theory.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
ATEM

Post by ATEM »

Spoiler:
I really don't know if I should like the idea of mary being rum or not it's logic and illogic theory at the same time ... as for the reasons mentioned she is a perfect Rum suspect especially she is on the act now searching for haibara but on the other hand she already know about conan and haibara she doesn't have an artificial eye and since everyone agreed that rum has lost one of his eyes I believed it to be very characteristic to be recognized easily and also she would have accepted her own son to be killed ..she treats masumi a bit in a rough way but she didn't seem to me like she is that bad mother ..and it's even weirder that she didn't knew that he was an FBI before infiltrating the BO
and the worst idea for me if she is really rum and turned out to be a new good member who wants to help destroying the BO... this is sick this is not gonna happen never ;D ::) ...
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Some translations:
Spoiler:
henry1: MG not trusting Conan much because "it seems he is different from the boy (they met) ten years ago."

Black Demon: Page 15: Conan: "Asaka the bodyguard... a woman..."

Black Demon: "If [she is] the number 2 member of BO, Rum... then what Haibara said about being 'feminine' refers to 'ooks girly on the outside but is strong like a man on the inside'"?

Black Demon: "If [she] already had been a bodyguard 17 years ago... then her age must be pretty high..."

Black Demon: "If she'd also taken the same poison as I did and reverted back into the age of a middle-school student... then the suspicious one is... the one whom Sera called ‘mother’..."

Black Demon: "This woman... Who on earth is she?"

Black Demon: Also, according to Sera, the culprit said that someone saw Asaka holding "that small mirror with a handle".