Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 951-953

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
KaitoRizu

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 951-95X

Post by KaitoRizu »

MeiTanteixX wrote:Mary, stop ruining Mary's comment =P
Lol that name pun ;D I'm glad it's wrong!
Uchiha Shadow wrote:
Spoiler:
I hope Gin does some epic stuff next.
We all hope so!
Thanks for the SS Kamite! ;D
Spoiler:
Themaninarmor
It's not about me

Post by Themaninarmor »

Spoiler:
Ah damn i thought the shrinking effect of aptx related to age where conan and haibara is still young. Now you're ruining my theory. Sera Mery :-\
ran mamijo kun
katara kare anya masuno
irishock

Post by irishock »

Spoiler:
I hope the Akai family reunion will be a nice pay-off tbh, like, 4 years of build-up for this one moment
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Serinox wrote:
irishock wrote:
Spimer wrote:
Spoiler:
Yet he's concerned about "Sleeping Kogoro" being involved in BO-related stuff again.
Spoiler:
Let's have another 425 pls
Spoiler:
I'm more afraid we'll get another Red Shirt case, like the last time Gin remembered that Kogoro was involved with the BO...
Spoiler:
Except Gin never mentioned Kogoro once in that case (700–704/578–581)—his focus, then, was on Scar Akai/Bourbon. If he did know Kogoro was involved, he didn't mention it. Heck, even Vodka made no mention of it.
Spimer wrote:
Spoiler:
Conan doesn't have the voice changer and he's in trouble.
Sera suddenly says "Do you want me to lend you a hand?" and places her smart-phone behind Kogoro's neck.
Then, through the smart-phone...

...The "sister outside the domain" begins using Kogoro's voice to explain her deductions.

Side-note: (!) Things we've figured out insofar (about the "sister outside the domain") 1) Pre-eminent deduction ability
Spoiler:
;D

This case was the first time Shinichi/Conan lost his bow-tie—now, it's the first case where someone else used it to become Sleeping Kogoro, and solve the case in Shinichi's/Conan's stead.

Pre-eminent? As in, "surpassing all others?" Well, she was able to solve it via phone, after all.
Spimer wrote:
Spoiler:
The stickum on the window frame are remains of a trick to make it look like the culprit's just now fled from the room: even if the wind blew away the salt that can't be blown off by the window so the culprit readied another trick and afterwards went to the car parked just below. The trick involves using the switch that open and closes the car's roof: it's set to close the roof once the materials employed for the trick get into the car. To avoid interference from other vibrations like the construction on the floors below or an earthquake the culprit prepared a "prank call" to ring at the moment the hotel boy would open the door and make sure the timing was correct.
Spoiler:
Just as Meitantei predicted. 8-)
Spimer wrote:
Spoiler:
Conan sees a chance to slip out and goes out into the veranda but the only thing there is his voice changer.
Spoiler:
Here's the problem—she might've left fingerprints on it, but it's his voice-changing bow-tie. He can't have the police check that for prints.
Spimer wrote:
Spoiler:
Furuki suddenly says he can't be caught before he goes to his sister's grave and tells her he avenged her so he jumps into Sera's veranda: but then the "sister outside the domain" knocks him out in the blink of an eye.

Side-note: (!) Things we've figured out insofar (about the "sister outside the domain") 2) Fighting skills like a Secret Service agent
Spoiler:
How did she knock him out, and so quickly? Physically, he's three times her age.

And by "Secret Service," which one does she mean?
Spimer wrote:
Spoiler:
Sera: "Mom!?"
Conan (thinking): "Mom, she says!?".

Side-note: (!) Things we've figured out insofar (about the "sister outside the domain") Sera calls her "Mom"...!?
Spoiler:
That's quite a slip, Masumi... ^-^

This is pretty close to official confirmation, indeed.
Spimer wrote:
Spoiler:
(Presumably some time later) Sera reports to the "sister outside the domain" that the only info that Hatto had was that he knew that that "Asaka" was a woman. Hatto intended to pretend that Haneda Kouji's spirit was yelling to him "A woman's gonna kill me!".

The "sister outside the domain" replies "Don't trust Edogawa Conan too much." and orders Sera to move elsewhere this same day.
Spoiler:
Or at least looked like one... here's an off the wall theory—maybe "Asaka" is Ms. Heterochromia from Movie 20. I still wonder about ASAKA RUM actually being KARASUMA, or even both. One wonders how Koji knew about "Rum," if he did, indeed want to indicate that Asaka is Rum.

At this point, I think only her meeting Shuichi/Subaru and him telling her that he trusts Shinichi/Conan is the only way she's actually going to stop hiding from him. Conversely, she said, "don't trust him too much..." does this mean she, herself, trusts him more than she did in, say, File 878?
Spimer wrote:
Spoiler:
That day's night Conan's thinking about RUM's identity again. He wonders who exactly is the woman whom he saw in Sera's smart-phone, the "sister outside the domain"...
Spoiler:
Aw, he didn't think, "As expected... of Akai-san's mother.", after she solved the case for him and then prevented Furuki from escaping...
Spimer wrote:
Spoiler:
And, at the same time... Gin & co. (presumably Vodka's along) know about Hatto's death. Gin doesn't care about the case itself, considering it a failure on RUM's part (presumably to properly handle the situation at the time). Yet he's concerned about "Sleeping Kogoro" being involved in BO-related stuff again.
Spoiler:
Three weeks until the movie releases... if there's a time for another Black Impact-like scenario, it's definitely within this coming month.
Spimer wrote:
Spoiler:
Next issue, a new chapter!
Spoiler:
Just as the app indicated...
Last edited by DCUniverseAficionado on March 21st, 2016, 3:30 pm, edited 8 times in total.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

Spoiler:
I'm kinda wondering how the others reaced by hearing Sera calling 11 yo child a mother. Probably they ignored this fact... But yeah, it's nice that we got anything plot related this time. Though, one would expect much more......
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 951-953

Post by Spimer »

I must report a little correction in the text spoilers
Spoiler:
. The Japanese text doesn't say on whose phone does Mary show up. I assumed it was Sera's and thought it was a throwback at the Red Woman case but maybe it's Conan's after all. We'll know for sure on Monday.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Nemomon wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm kinda wondering how the others reaced by hearing Sera calling 11 yo child a mother. Probably they ignored this fact... But yeah, it's nice that we got anything plot related this time. Though, one would expect much more......
Spoiler:
Depends on what Furuki specifically did when he was exposed and where the others beside Masumi and Shinichi/Conan were (Juzo, Wataru), as he must've been close enough to hear her say that.

In, say, 2003, maybe.
Spimer wrote:I must report a little correction in the text spoilers
Spoiler:
. The Japanese text doesn't say on whose phone does Mary show up. I assumed it was Sera's and thought it was a throwback at the Red Woman case but maybe it's Conan's after all. We'll know for sure on Monday.
Spoiler:
You mean the phone Masumi placed behind Kogoro's neck?

I can't see why it wouldn't be Masumi's.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
You mean the phone Masumi placed behind Kogoro's neck?

I can't see why it wouldn't be Masumi's.
Spoiler:
No, not that, I think it is about this part:
Spimer wrote:That day's night Conan's thinking about RUM's identity again. He wonders who exactly is the woman whom he saw in Sera's smart-phone, the "sister outside the domain"...
Which might be a reference to the picture Masumi showed him in the Red Woman case or maybe Conan indeed took a picture with his own phone in this case, it seems uncertain at the moment.
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

@Serinox: yes, that's what I meant. It's not specified so it could be either.
DCUniverseAficionado

Spimer wrote:That day's night Conan's thinking about RUM's identity again. He wonders who exactly is the woman whom he saw in Sera's smart-phone, the "sister outside the domain"...
Spoiler:
The Japanese text doesn't say on whose phone does Mary show up. I assumed it was Sera's and thought it was a throwback at the Red Woman case but maybe it's Conan's after all. We'll know for sure on Monday.
Oh, okay. Now that is completely up in the air.
iiRoYaL

Post by iiRoYaL »

Spoiler:
@Spimer: I think he refers to Red Woman Case, simply because in this case there's no SFX indicates that he's taken a picture of her.
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

@iiRoYal: that's what I thought at first but since it doesn't specify then we can't say for sure until we see the file.
Themaninarmor
It's not about me

Post by Themaninarmor »

Spoiler:
i want to ask something. Which of these event happened first. Haibara's parent died in accident or kohji haneda's murder case?. I think they may be related to each other but i don't know when haibara's parent died.
ran mamijo kun
katara kare anya masuno
wrd

Post by wrd »

Spimer, when Gin said that he doesn't care about the case and that he consider it as a failure on rum's part, was he referring to koji's case or the fact that Hotta wasn't handled by rum ?
Uchiha Shadow

Post by Uchiha Shadow »

Themaninarmor wrote:
Spoiler:
i want to ask something. Which of these event happened first. Haibara's parent died in accident or kohji haneda's murder case?. I think they may be related to each other but i don't know when haibara's parent died.
Spoiler:
The 'accident' that killed her parents was a bit after her birth, meaning it was around 18 years ago, could be 17, and Haneda's death is 17 years ago.