Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 951-953

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 951-953

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

Kor wrote:Some translations:
Spoiler:
henry1: MG not trusting Conan much because "it seems he is different from the boy (they met) ten years ago."

Black Demon: Page 15: Conan: "Asaka the bodyguard... a woman..."

Black Demon: "If [she is] the number 2 member of BO, Rum... then what Haibara said about being 'feminine' refers to 'ooks girly on the outside but is strong like a man on the inside'"?

Black Demon: "If [she] already had been a bodyguard 17 years ago... then her age must be pretty high..."

Black Demon: "If she'd also taken the same poison as I did and reverted back into the age of a middle-school student... then the suspicious one is... the one whom Sera called ‘mother’..."

Black Demon: "This woman... Who on earth is she?"

Black Demon: Also, according to Sera, the culprit said that someone saw Asaka holding "that small mirror with a handle".
Almost a year later to the day, only a few days off

Mystery poll week #5 ( viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12678&start=75#p851941 )

although I'm prepared to be wrong
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
Themaninarmor
It's not about me

Post by Themaninarmor »

@serinox
Nope i don't think so. Remember what elena said to shiho that the drug is "dream drug" so the actual purpose isn't some poison drug and what pisco said to haibara which could be interpreted as the project not complete.
So... How come the regular member got the incomplete version of drug to kill someone? and if we add the boss character as the careful one i think that not possible.

But it will possible if in the first place the BO project is to make some killer weapon with undetected death then someday the haibara's parent and another scientist encountered the side effect of the drug. Then Haibara's parent with their co. decided to research the side effect of the drug without BO knowing. After that The Big Boss without knowing anything use that drug to kill his/her enemy.
Spoiler:
it is understanable that Conan thought the MG is asaka but it doesn't mean she is RUM because the code ASACA RUM could be wrong too
ran mamijo kun
katara kare anya masuno
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

Haibara finished the drug but the drug she created from her parents research notes wasn't the drug it was originally intended to be makes sense. Haibaras finished drug could be the unfinished drug of her parents instead of something more...
ATEM

Post by ATEM »

Themaninarmor wrote:
Spoiler:
it is understanable that Conan thought the MG is asaka but it doesn't mean she is RUM because the code ASACA RUM could be wrong too
Spoiler:
I got the same feeling maybe what kouji meant is completely different I didn't get why conan assumed that asaca is Rum but I doubted that since till now conan has rarely jumped into conclusions without a solid evidence so I thought that he has in mind something that proved this theory to him but this proves nothing since he sometimes jumped into conclusions that were wrong and even taken up decisions based on them that were fatal
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:

Spoiler:
So you think Mary is Rum? You believe Shinichi/Conan thinking this isn't another one of Gosho's red herrings?
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:

Spoiler:
So you think Mary is Rum? You believe Shinichi/Conan thinking this isn't another one of Gosho's red herrings?
I'm prepared to be wrong. I fully remember the times where Conan said that "Mizunaishi Rena is not Eisuke's sister," and we know how that turned out

however I still think the Urusei Yatsura stuff has to mean something, even if there aren't any grounds for it to mean something in the series so far.
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

Relevant dialogue translation:
Spoiler:
When Sera is finishing the phone call:
Sera: "Yup! Gotcha!"
Sera approaches Conan:
Sera: "Mind if I lend you a hand? You're in a tight spot, aren't you?"
Conan: "N-not at all! I'm not in a tight spot!"
Sera: "But what about Kogoro - san? He does look like it, doesn't he?"
Sera sneaks the phone in the collar behind Kogoro's head:
Sera: "Oi, oi! Answer me! He really looks like he's sleeping!"
Conan: "Wha... Wait a min..."

When MG begins speaking:
MG: "Sleep is...A physiological state with a periodic loss of consciousness that is constantly happening again and again..."
Conan (thinking): "Uncle's voice...!"
MG: "In short. It's almost impossible for a human to talk during sleep..."
Conan (thinking): "A smartphone...behind the neck? Where's the voice coming from?"

MG uses odd wording and a bossy manner of speech: Takagi and Megure point that out but MG pays no heed.
When Conan sees MG behind curtain and Sera catches him:
Sera: "You can't interfere!"

When Takagi suggests that the wind created by the different in temperature was used to retrieve the trick to make it look like the culprit had fled to the other room
MG: "Are you an idiot or what...? Try to imagine it: there's no way that the "something" stuck in the window frame will be pulled away in such a neat manner with wind alone!"
Takagi: "I-idiot...?"

During the explanation of the trick involving the "culprit" fleeing to the other room:
Sera: "But... Wouldn't someone stumble upon that cloth once it's hit the ground?"
MG: "Masumi... I guess you didn't see it but..."
Conan (thinking): "Masumi?"

When Furuki runs and enters Sera's room and stumbles upon MG:
"W-who are you? Outta the way!"

When Conan finds Furuki KO on the ground:
"I-is he dead? No... He got a gritical spot hit with precision and his consciousness got reaped... In the mere seconds it took for me to reach this room... With a quick move similar to that (employed) by (a/the) Secret Service... There's no doubt... This is (her) handiwork... That (sister) outside the domain's..."

Sera runs into the room:
Sera: "Mom!?"
Conan (thinking): "HUH?"
Sera: "Ah! No... Are you OK, Conan - kun?"
Conan (thinking): "Did she say... Mom?"

After Furuki is taken away by police and Conan and Kogoro leave Sera speaks with MG:
Sera: "Man! It was to be expected from you, mom!"
Sera then comments how surprising it was that MG figured out how to use the bowtie voice-changer. MG answers that there was a mark stuck in the dial to signal which is Kogoro's voice. She admits being surprised at how easy it can produce an array of voices. She admits that when she tries to imagine the uses Conan makes of that her heart gets excited. (Note: I think she means that she's concerned about how Conan can easily impersonate anyone with that)

MG: "So? What was that info that Hatto had gotten his hand into?"
Sera: "Furuki said it before being taken away in the car but... It'd seem that Hatto figured out that someone saw that bodyguard, Asaka, who's missing, holding a hand mirror... And that Asaka was a woman... He intended to call for Haneda Kouji's spirit and yell "A woman! A woman's gonna kill me!".
MG: "So that was it. Worthless."
MG then orders Sera to pack up because they're going to change their stronghold.
Sera argues that it was a piece of luck that Conan got to know they were on this hotel.
MG: "It's like connecting with a demon in the darkness... Don't lower the guard when it comes to Edogawa Conan... Because he feels like he's someone else instead of that boy (we) met 10 years ago..."
Sera: "Y-yeah..."

Night: Conan's reflecting
Conan (thinking): "That Asaka was a bodyguard and a woman... If Asaka's the BO's number 2 RUM then... When Haibara said "an effeminate man" did she mean "it's a woman but on the inside she's as strong as a man"? If (Asaka) was a bodyguard 17 years ago then they must be pretty old... The first suspect that comes to mind is that girl whom Sera called "Mom"... If if turns out that she was de-aged to middle schooler age by that same drug that de-aged me... This woman... Who is she really?"

Gin & Vodka:
Vodka: "Oh. Looks like the guy's dead... Hatto Gaito, the guy who was digging for info about Haneda Kouji's case..."
Gin: "Hmpf... It's but a job (a murder) where RUM screwed up 17 years ago... Like I care...
Gin: "That asides... What's picking me is that Sleeping Kogoro... It'd seem that the guy was involved to some extent in this morning's case, wasn't the guy?"
Gin: "It's like connecting with a demon in the darkness... If the guy's the demon then we gotta kill it while it sleeps..."
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

That godly MG dialogue though...
Uchiha Shadow

Post by Uchiha Shadow »

k11chi wrote:That godly MG dialogue though...
I know right? I mean, now we know where Shu got his badassness from.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Uchiha Shadow wrote:
k11chi wrote:That godly MG dialogue though...
I know right? I mean, now we know where Shu got his badassness from.
You mean the "tied to the demonic darkness" part... or her just straight up calling Wataru an idiot? :D
Spimer wrote:Relevant dialogue translation:
Spoiler:
After Furuki is taken away by police and Conan and Kogoro leave Sera speaks with MG:
Sera then comments how surprising it was that MG figured out how to use the bowtie voice-changer. MG answers that there was a mark stuck in the dial to signal which is Kogoro's voice. She admits being surprised at how easy it can produce an array of voices. She admits that when she tries to imagine the uses Conan makes of that her heart gets excited. (Note: I think she means that she's concerned about how Conan can easily impersonate anyone with that)

Sera: "Furuki said it before being taken away in the car but... It'd seem that Hatto figured out that someone saw that bodyguard, Asaka, who's missing, holding a hand mirror... And that Asaka was a woman... He intended to call for Haneda Kouji's spirit and yell "A woman! A woman's gonna kill me!".
MG then orders Sera to pack up because they're going to change their stronghold.
Sera argues that it was a piece of luck that Conan got to know they were on this hotel.
MG: "It's like connecting with a demon in the darkness... Don't lower the guard when it comes to Edogawa Conan... Because he feels like he's someone else instead of that boy (we) met 10 years ago..."

Conan (thinking): "That Asaka was a bodyguard and a woman... If Asaka's the BO's number 2 RUM then... When Haibara said "an effeminate man" did she mean "it's a woman but on the inside she's as strong as a man"? If (Asaka) was a bodyguard 17 years ago then they must be pretty old... The first suspect that comes to mind is that girl whom Sera called "Mom"... If if turns out that she was de-aged to middle schooler age by that same drug that de-aged me... This woman... Who is she really?"

Gin & Vodka:
Vodka: "Oh. Looks like the guy's dead... Hatto Gaito, the guy who was digging for info about Haneda Kouji's case..."
Gin: "Hmpf... It's but a job (a murder) where RUM screwed up 17 years ago... Like I care...
Gin: "That asides... What's picking me is that Sleeping Kogoro... It'd seem that the guy was involved to some extent in this morning's case, wasn't the guy?"
Gin: "It's like connecting with a demon in the darkness... If the guy's the demon then we gotta kill it while it sleeps..."
Spoiler:
So Gosho has them use the same line to further the Mary = Rum red herring... as expected.

Even with so little interaction, Mary has picked up on the fact that wherever Shinichi/Conan goes, someone gets murdered, and being tied to someone like that makes her uneasy. Wonder what she saw in seven-year-old Shinichi that she thinks has changed, in him, especially if they met during a case.

With all the "Conan is a death god" stuff, I wonder when Gosho's going to pull out something like "he doesn't attract death, or murderous/malevolent/vile intent, but, rather it attracts him," and if someone saying something like that will get her to stop being wary of him.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

Spoiler:
Sera approaches Conan:

When MG begins speaking:
MG: "Sleep is...A physiological state with a periodic loss of consciousness that is constantly happening again and again..."
Conan (thinking): "A smartphone...behind the neck? Where's the voice coming from?"

MG uses odd wording and a bossy manner of speech: Takagi and Megure point that out but MG pays no heed.

When Takagi suggests that the wind created by the different in temperature was used to retrieve the trick to make it look like the culprit had fled to the other room
MG: "Are you an idiot or what...? Try to imagine it: there's no way that the "something" stuck in the window frame will be pulled away in such a neat manner with wind alone!"

During the explanation of the trick involving the "culprit" fleeing to the other room:
Sera: "But... Wouldn't someone stumble upon that cloth once it's hit the ground?"

"I-is he dead? No... He got a gritical spot hit with precision and his consciousness got reaped... In the mere seconds it took for me to reach this room... With a quick move similar to that (employed) by (a/the) Secret Service... There's no doubt... This is (her) handiwork... That (sister) outside the domain's..."

Sera runs into the room:

Gin & Vodka:
Was this translated from the Japanese? if so, what was the specific Japanese phrasing of the mirror conversation?
was it just " 手鏡 " (tekagami) ? because that was the kanji used in 948 and 950 to refer to Koji's mirror
ImageImage
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Spoiler:
Sera approaches Conan:

When MG begins speaking:

Sera runs into the room:

Gin & Vodka:
Was this translated from the Japanese? if so, what was the specific Japanese phrasing of the mirror conversation?
was it just " 手鏡 " (tekagami) ? because that was the kanji used in 948 and 950 to refer to Koji's mirror
From Black Demon in the black cbox:
Spoiler:
Black Demon: Note about the mirror: In the Japanese file, the word used by Sera is [あの]手鏡 (te kagami) - "that hand-mirror". The same Kanji was used in past files to refer to Kohji's "Put on Mascara" mirror, so Sera is most likely talking about the same thing.
kkuuddoo

Post by kkuuddoo »

I agree, it can be the same mirror, because a hand mirror can be a mirror that has a handle, or a mirror that can be carried with a hand, like the put on Mascara mirror, its small and easy to carry around.

If Elena Had one, it can't be the same one, because it was found broken in Koji's room, and Haibara said the Akemi had one that belonged to her mom, so ......

If it was Elena, then she must have bought a new one, and Akemi took it later on
It might be something like Elena and Mary are sister and both had the same mirror, Elena kept hers till akemi got it and Mary lost hers in the scene of the murder

In the End we still don't know who Asaka is, and if they are Rum or not, and if its a women really...

We will have to wait and see
GIN X SHIHO <3<3<3
VERMOUTH IS SEXY AS HELL !!

Elena Miyano and Atsushi ..... APTX 4869 & Silver Bullet
Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar
BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

Post by Chekhov MacGuffin »

Some copypasta from DCW

Ah, I just figured out what that mirror is for! It's the reason Hotta Gaito thought Rum was female. The mirror is an accidental feminine prop like in Sato's Omiai case in the Vermouth arc, there was a male suspect who wore his watch on the inside of his wrist and misled someone into thinking he was a woman that way. If you saw someone ambiguous holding a cute little hand mirror, your brain would go to girl. I think I have Gosho's plan figured out now. We are going to have 3 Rum cases. Rum Case #1 is stars girly Rum. Next case we run into with Rum, maybe another flashback, a witness is going to come out and have a completely different idea, like he's a geezer. Then case 3, strong dude.

----

I can see how hand (hando) and handle (handoru) might have been confusing to rapid translators, just one letter difference if was spelled out in foreign sounds furigana. If it is the same mirror, that raises even more questions than two separate mirrors. We already know the case is weird because Kohji managed to have the time to turn on a sink, grab scissors, and then cut a mirror to leave a dying message (not to mention how he overheard some conversation about Asaka and Rum). If Kohji was in a similar situation to the victim from the latest cut glass case, then he must have known death was coming, so I guess he was cornered and knew it.

The new issues that arise is how Asaka got that mirror after someone else went to Kohji's room and had time to look over and photograph the crime scene. It could have been Asaka's mirror to begin with (so he was seen with it before the crime), but Haibara seemed to think is was Haneda's, keeping in mind that Elena nee Sera had one of those mirrors also and that the Hanedas and Seras seem to be close. I assume Asaka took the mirror in order to hide the dying message, and he was seen with it fleeing. For the photos to exist and Kohji to leave a message, Asaka must have lost control of the situation somehow. Was he distracted, or people forced their way in, or he was forced away from the scene? All I can think of is that this may be the situation that cost Rum his eye (assuming he is Asaka). Kohji inflicted the wound in desperation and bought himself some time to leave a message.
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Spoiler:

Gin & Vodka:
Spoiler:
So Gosho has them use the same line to further the Mary = Rum red herring... as expected.

Even with so little interaction, Mary has picked up on the fact that wherever Shinichi/Conan goes, someone gets murdered, and being tied to someone like that makes her uneasy. Wonder what she saw in seven-year-old Shinichi that she thinks has changed, in him, especially if they met during a case.

With all the "Conan is a death god" stuff, I wonder when Gosho's going to pull out something like "he doesn't attract death, or murderous/malevolent/vile intent, but, rather it attracts him," and if someone saying something like that will get her to stop being wary of him.
(I'm not implying anything with this)
The specific word used for "demon" in that quote/saying is "oni"
for reference Lum-chan is an oni.

Kuragari ni oni (w)o tsunaguga gotoku
暗がりに鬼を繋ぐが如く...

also Shinichi is 16
ImageImage