Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 951-953

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Kor
Administrator

Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 951-953

Post by Kor »

As stated in the above image, please continue to use spoiler boxes for the first seven days in which a file is available. However, due to legal restrictions, we kindly ask that you do NOT post any links in this topic to any Japanese raw files or English scanlations. For more information on this matter, please click here.

Text spoilers in Japanese:
Spoiler:
20発の弾丸 15発目 劇場版1~19作目から1作のみ無料配信されるシリアルコード付き

FILE951 霊魂探偵

羽田浩司を殺したのは"浅香=RUM"、そこまではコナンの推理通り
だが、それ以上の情報がない
浅香とは姓名どっちなのか?浩司が飲まされた薬とは?
復活させた灰原は毒だと思ってなかったようだし
そもそもジンが薬を自分に無理やり飲ませた際
人間には試した事がない試作品とつぶやいていたが……
などと考えながらコナンは毛利事務所に戻り
スマホで事件のサイトを見るが削除されたっきり

小五郎は電話で番組出演のオファーを受けていた
霊魂探偵・堀田凱人(ほった がいと)と対談し、羽田浩司事件を解決するというもの
深夜番組の1コーナーだが、評判次第では沖野ヨーコをMCにゴールデン進出も、と聞き
小五郎は1も2もなく快諾、コナンも事件にが気になりついていく

堀田は死者の霊を呼んで事件を解決するというが
以前山中で発見した骨は全くの別人で偶然
事前調査とヤラセがばれてマスコミに叩かれまくってたと小五郎は言う
そんな胡散臭い人物を引っ張り出すのには何かある、と考えたコナンは
RUMの正体を暴いてやる、と静かに燃える

待ち合わせのホテルに着くと番組ディレクター・古栗が遅れて到着
さっそく堀田が泊まる部屋へ向かう
古栗はコナンが(というより子どもが)いてくれて絵的に助かると耳打ち
部屋の呼び鈴を押すが堀田は出てこない
メールチェックすると、1時間ほど前に堀田から「殺される 助けて」
急いでボーイを呼びに行くが、説明に手間取り時間をくってしまう
ボーイにドアを開けてもらう直前、古栗に電話がかかるがイタ電
開けた途端にワイングラスが割れる音がする
何者かがこぼれたワインを踏んだ足跡がある
小五郎が後を追うと、足跡の主がベランダから隣室へ逃げていく
ボーイに聞くと、隣室は高校生くらいの少年が泊まってる
下の階で改修工事中のため、周辺の部屋は割安
ベッドを見ると、堀田はすでにこと切れていた
小五郎は挟撃のため古栗とボーイを部屋に残らせ、コナンと一緒に隣室を訪れる
出てきたのは世良、その奥には……
■疑わしき隣室には領域外の妹が…!?
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 951-95X

Post by Spimer »

Translation of text spoilers:
Suprise #15: a serial code for a free download of one of the past movies: you choose which.
Spoiler:
File 951: Soul Detective

According to Conan's deduction Haneda Kouji was killed by "Asaka = RUM" but he's got no further info.

Is "Asaka" a full name or not? What's the drug that Kouji was fed?

Haibara, who ressurected the project, said that she didn't consider it a poison.

And, also, when Gin forced Conan to swallow it Gin muttered something like it was a prototype that hadn't been tested in humans yet...

Conan, having his head filled with that, goes back to the Mouri Detective Agency and tries to check up the Kouji case site with the phone but the site's been deleted.

Kogoro has accepted an offer by phone to make a guest apperance at a new TV show: there he will hold a talk with the "Soul Detective Hotta Gaito" and try to solve the Kouji case.

This show's a late night 1st corner show but if it gets good ratings it might ascend to golden time with Okino Yoko as Master of Ceremonies. Once Kogoro hears that he agrees to take part without caring it it's 1st corner or 2nd corner: Conan's also interested in the Kouji case so he sticks along.

Hotta claims that the solves cases by calling up the souls of the dead. It'd seem that some skeleton found in the mountains was, coincidentally, someone else. Kogoro warns that once his pre-investigation and his set-ups are exposed then the media will be ruthless on him but Conan thinks that there's something, some reason why this shady character has showed up. He inwardly thinks that he will expose RUM's identity and silently burns.

Conan & Kogoro get to the hotel where the show will take place: the director, Furukumi, arrives late. They then head to Hatto's room. The director whispers that since Conan, a kid, is around then he can say the show is graphically safe (that is, it can be sold as a show for all ages). The director rings the bell of Hatto's door but he doesn't come out the room.

The director checks the emai: there was a mail by Hatto about 1 hour before that says "I'm gonna get killed. Help me!". They go call for a hotel boy but they take up a lot of time and effort to explain what's going on to the boy. Just before the boy opens the door the director gets a call but it was a prank call.

The door gets opened and the sound of a wine glass shattering rings out. There are footprints that someone's stepped into spilled wine. Kogoro chases those but the owner of those runs to the room next door through the balcony.

Once they ask the boy who's in the room next door he answers it's a boy about high school age. The floor below's being refurbished so the price of the rooms on that area has been lowered. They check out the bed and found Hatto, already dead.

Kogorou orders the director and the boy to stay behind to do a pincer attack and goes to check the room next door with Conan.

Sera comes out of the room, and deeper inside there's...

Side-note: "The room next door under suspcion: is the sister outside the domain in there?"
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
AICHAN
Curry time!

Post by AICHAN »

Thanks a lot Spimer!
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
mangaluva wrote:
"I've built a wall not to keep people out, but to see who loves me enough to climb over it."
[/quote]
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

Spoiler:
Kogoro chases the culprits?
Anyway the Soul Detective guy sounds like he could be one of those people that are at the right place at the right time and don't help the victims. Maybe he's been asked to protect someone from stalker in the past and he just quietly sat there while the person got murdered or something...
I wonder how the last panel is going to look, sounds pretty weird if it doesn't show the MG?
ATEM

Post by ATEM »

Spoiler:
it seems that we are gonna have some good case .. but the intersting thing for me is conan mentioning what Gin murmered about the prototype was used on humans for the first time I thought that was just for the one month running manga and gosho already has changed plans about this and won't mention it again but it surperised me abit that he built his built his plot sticking to even the small details ftom the early beginning .. so gosho isn't making flaws in his long running theories so this made me wonder about akemi and haibara flashback talking about conan !!!!
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Spoiler:
What we're SUPPOSED to be thinking is, "Did MASUMI kill him!?" Perhaps she was lured in there by the murderer to take the fall. The murderer is probably staying in one of the rooms in the floor below. Conversely, the murderer could've gone to the balcony of Masumi's (and Mary's?... the spoilers seem to be ambiguous about this point) room to plant suspicion before dropping down to their room on the floor below.

As for the site with the details about Koji's death, either the Organization or the person who put it up took it down.

I'd say the murderer isn't from the BO—this isn't the first time it's seemed that the Organization did away with someone because they heard info about the BO (Mysterious Job; 553–555 and 464–465).
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Themaninarmor
It's not about me

Post by Themaninarmor »

Thanks for translation spimer
the
Spoiler: two possible information that we can get from the spoiler text
1. Sera and mg changed their base again.
2. Maybe this hotta gaito is the one that upload kohji case information to internet
ran mamijo kun
katara kare anya masuno
Shinconan-kun

Post by Shinconan-kun »

Thank you Spimer !! ;D
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Themaninarmor wrote:Thanks for translation spimer
the
Spoiler: two possible information that we can get from the spoiler text
1. Sera and mg changed their base again.
Spoiler:
Depends if Shinichi/Conan and Kogoro are meeting the soul detective at Hyde Pride Hotel.
Themaninarmor wrote:
Spoiler:
2. Maybe this hotta gaito is the one that upload kohji case information to internet
Spoiler:
Why? He seems to be a fraud—why would he have such info about a 17-year-old case?

He's likely been killed for a reason entirely unrelated to the posting of info about the murder of Koji Haneda—Gosho has misled us before into thinking the BO have been involved in cases when they really weren't (Shiho's/Ai's intro (Files 176-178; Episode 129), Mysterious Job case (Files 553–555; Episodes 464–465) and Ayumi's Kidnapping and Video Site case (Files 775–777; Episodes 656–657)).
EDIT:
Spoiler:
Spoiler pics for 951 have been posted: http://imgur.com/a/9BxmN

It's definitely a different hotel—Masumi opens the door here, and it swings right. In 903, the door to her room at the Hyde Pride Hotel swung left when she opened it. If Mary (yes, she's present) is standing in the room, then that's even more proof that this is a different hotel.

Hopefully, Gosho's postcard about Gin wasn't just referring to Shinichi's/Conan's flashback. It probably wasn't, but still...
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Coolkid

Post by Coolkid »

Spoiler:
I think this case is going to lead to something important, since ran isn't around, this is conan's best opportunity to talk to MG without being interrupted. I don't think aoyama created this perfect scenario for nothing, also this case remind me of itakura's one. In that case conan managed to take itakura's diary so maybe he will find something like that in hotta's room too, which will give him some extra info about koji's death
Themaninarmor
It's not about me

Post by Themaninarmor »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote: EDIT:
Spoiler:
Spoiler pics for 951 have been posted: http://imgur.com/a/9BxmN

It's definitely a different hotel—Masumi opens the door here, and it swings right. In 903, the door to her room at the Hyde Pride Hotel swung left when she opened it. If Mary (yes, she's present) is standing in the room, then that's even more proof that this is a different hotel.

Hopefully, Gosho's postcard about Gin wasn't just referring to Shinichi's/Conan's flashback. It probably wasn't, but still...

Spoiler:
somehow, the appearance of RUM had same condition with the appearance of bourbon. So i think maybe the real target of RUM is MG. That's why MG and Sera was always changing their base. But to be honest i was forgetting that MG had already moved to Pride Hotel after the failed meeting with conan
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Spoiler:
Why? He seems to be a fraud—why would he have such info about a 17-year-old case?

He's likely been killed for a reason entirely unrelated to the posting of info about the murder of Koji Haneda—Gosho has misled us before into thinking the BO have been involved in cases when they really weren't (Shiho's/Ai's intro (Files 176-178; Episode 129), Mysterious Job case (Files 553–555; Episodes 464–465) and Ayumi's Kidnapping and Video Site case (Files 775–777; Episodes 656–657)).
Spoiler:
but in prof hirota murder vol.18 where gin have been involved, the condition is almost same. I mean the victim maybe hold information which could dangering the BO, the victim was dead before BO assasinate him (the possibility of BO not the killer is high), and the last one is Gin appearance itself that stated in Gosho's postcard
ran mamijo kun
katara kare anya masuno
DCUniverseAficionado

Themaninarmor wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
but in prof hirota murder vol.18 where gin have been involved, the condition is almost same.
Spoiler:
I wasn't talking about Masami Hirota's murder—that's Files 179–181. I was talking about how it seemed, in Files 176-178 (the case directly prior), that the people who'd kidnapped the kid's older brother were in the BO—Shinichi/Conan certainly thought so.
the new one

Post by the new one »

P9 has an error in the hands' orientation. I wonder if it's going to be fixed when the volume is released.
DCUniverseAficionado

the new one wrote:P9 has an error in the hands' orientation. I wonder if it's going to be fixed when the volume is released.
http://imgur.com/a/SpwQs

Which one of the top two panels?

Or, is it the bottom one?
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

the new one wrote:P9 has an error in the hands' orientation. I wonder if it's going to be fixed when the volume is released.
http://imgur.com/a/SpwQs

Which one of the top two panels?

Or, is it the bottom one?
The panel in between those is the actual one that is incorrect. You can see the thumb of the right hand.
however in the panels at your imgur link he is clearly holding the phone in his left hand.
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage