Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 948-950

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
MeiTanteixX

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 948-950

Post by MeiTanteixX »

Serinox wrote:
MeiTanteixX wrote:
Serinox wrote:
MeiTanteixX wrote:So guesses for what could happen in the next chapter, if the story is starting to kick off...
Spoiler:
- since Mary(and sera) will be active in the plot soon, according to Gosho, maybe they'll go to Agasa's house to directly make contact with haibara(who is now alone in the house). Sera might've seen Subaru, Agasa and Conan leave the house.

- Subaru and Conan are soon gonna head to the police station in order to make their statements for the case. Maybe they will encounter Kuroda.

- Gin was said to make an appearance soon as well. Maybe we will see some BO conversation about Rum for further information on what he/she is up to.
Spoiler:
1. Why though? Sera (and the MG by extent) have displayed zero interest in Haibara after the Mystery Train. Why would they approach her now all of a sudden? Also, I don't think Sera is staking out the Agasa house and even if she were, I think Akai would have noticed, since he seems rather concerned about securing the Agasa household.

2. This hasn't been relevant in almost all the cases, I think it has been mentioned a mere three times in the Bourbon arc and one time was even about Sera nonchalantly ditching giving her statement to the police, because there were enough other witnesses and she had other things to do.
Spoiler:
1. Just to summarize the numerous of times she wanted to reach Haibara:
FILE 777: Sera deletes information she gathered on Haibara from the hotel computer in the room that she and Mary where living in. She showed interest to someone she shouldn't have a reason to suspect (from the information we know right now).
FILE 801: She asked if the voice she heard over the phone was Haibara's, with a serious face, as if she had business with her.
FILE 815: Sera tries to give Conan her phone so that he can call Haibara(since his phone was dead) so that Sera can get ahold of her number.
FILE 819: Sera finally meets Haibara and she clearly says she wants to have a word with her!

You're saying that she hasn't showed any interest on Haibara after the Mystery Train case, but if you consider the fact that the majority of her attempts in reaching Haibara was interrupted by Conan, it makes sense that her recent attempts on scheduling a meeting between Conan and Mary, in FILE 900, was in order to simply confront the barrier itself that has been hindering them from meeting Haibara.

That being said, Akai could've simply missed her if she saw them on their way out(rather than staking out) and the fact that Gosho had Camel make an appearance only to guard the house makes it more likely that Haibara will have visitors.

2. Conan clearly said though that he wanted to check the laptop before they went to the police station. Even if such events would normally be skipped, the fact that we have an important plot character, Kuroda Hyoue, in the station, and also since he's susposed to be a Rum candidate, it makes it all the more likely that Gosho could make such events transpire(just like in FILE 920).

(Keep in mind these were just guesses... with Gosho, he could take this in any direction he wants to. I'm just stating the possible set-ups he made)
Spoiler:
Sure, Sera wanted to talk to Haibara at one point, but she seems to have lost interest in her. She had still enough time on the Mystery Train to talk to Haibara even after she spotted Scar Akai peeking through the door but didn't. And even the recent invite (it was in File 899 btw, not 900) she only cared about Conan, not about Haibara anymore. Also, Conan never really actively kept Haibara away from Sera that much; plus, Haibara didn't want to meet Sera. I don't think the meeting between the MG and Conan was supposed to lower the barrier for a meeting with Haibara. Sera had plenty of chances to meet Haibara after the MT, she knows where that girl lives and where she goes to school after all. Did she do anything about it? No. Will it come up again? Probably? But I'm not sure if they will be in form of a surprise assault after a stake-out. It's true that Gosho probably didn't set up the Camel watchpost without a reason, but I'm not convinced that it's gonna be Sera (ofc it 99% won't be the MG going to Agasa's house, she doesn't leave the hotel for anything after all).

Same thing goes for Kuroda kinda, since Gosho could've used him in almost any case after 920, but didn't, although here it would be a better timing in the story to bring him up again in the story. More likely than the Sera thing, but I'm also not convinced of this.
Spoiler:
We can't be too sure who her true aim was just because she made contact with Conan, in order for him to meet Mary. I have already stated my reasons for believing why Haibara was their true aim. I don't think for a second that Gosho would just make Sera lose interest. It just comes up that way because of Gosho's slow story progression, not because he intentionally is trying to create gaps between each Sera appearance so that the fans will think a lot of time has passed in the DC universe.

I wasn't trying to claim that Conan was actively trying to stop Sera, but rather that in the most cases, he never contributed in giving info when she wanted them and never let her get close to Haibara through him(like when he avoided using her phone). Sera says to Mary that they can trust Conan(Ep 760), as if Mary didn't want to trust anyone before, while trying to fulfill her goal. It makes sense, if you put the pieces together, that they wanted to reach Haibara, but never seemed to get their chance, so Sera tries to suggest to rely on Conan's help.

As for MT, it looked to me like Gosho needed an excuse to delay the Sera subplot, so speculating on behalf of a "plot barrier" is unnecessary(since it's not the first time he has delayed potential plot developments in similar manner).

Like I said before, just because the gap seems big between Sera appearances doesn't mean that a lot of time has passed(I think the whole "within-one-year story-play-out" logic serves as a point), and whether they had time or not after MT, it doesn't change the fact that they seemingly want to reach her without attracting attention from her surroundings(which needs timing), so the way they are trying to go about it was bound to fail(or take a long while) to begin with, since Haibara rarely is home alone(until now).

Kuroda making an appearance seems like a more likely choice at this point, since like I said before, he is a Rum suspect, so I don't know why that wouldn't feel convincing...

Once again, like I said before, this is speculations in the case that we are getting ourselves into some heavy plot developments....
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

MeiTanteixX wrote:
Serinox wrote:
MeiTanteixX wrote:
Serinox wrote:
MeiTanteixX wrote:So guesses for what could happen in the next chapter, if the story is starting to kick off...
Spoiler:
- since Mary(and sera) will be active in the plot soon, according to Gosho, maybe they'll go to Agasa's house to directly make contact with haibara(who is now alone in the house). Sera might've seen Subaru, Agasa and Conan leave the house.

- Subaru and Conan are soon gonna head to the police station in order to make their statements for the case. Maybe they will encounter Kuroda.

- Gin was said to make an appearance soon as well. Maybe we will see some BO conversation about Rum for further information on what he/she is up to.
Spoiler:
1. Why though? Sera (and the MG by extent) have displayed zero interest in Haibara after the Mystery Train. Why would they approach her now all of a sudden? Also, I don't think Sera is staking out the Agasa house and even if she were, I think Akai would have noticed, since he seems rather concerned about securing the Agasa household.

2. This hasn't been relevant in almost all the cases, I think it has been mentioned a mere three times in the Bourbon arc and one time was even about Sera nonchalantly ditching giving her statement to the police, because there were enough other witnesses and she had other things to do.
Spoiler:
FILE 777: Sera deletes information she gathered on Haibara from the hotel computer in the room that she and Mary where living in. She showed interest to someone she shouldn't have a reason to suspect (from the information we know right now).
FILE 801: She asked if the voice she heard over the phone was Haibara's, with a serious face, as if she had business with her.
FILE 815: Sera tries to give Conan her phone so that he can call Haibara(since his phone was dead) so that Sera can get ahold of her number.
FILE 819: Sera finally meets Haibara and she clearly says she wants to have a word with her!

You're saying that she hasn't showed any interest on Haibara after the Mystery Train case, but if you consider the fact that the majority of her attempts in reaching Haibara was interrupted by Conan, it makes sense that her recent attempts on scheduling a meeting between Conan and Mary, in FILE 900, was in order to simply confront the barrier itself that has been hindering them from meeting Haibara.

That being said, Akai could've simply missed her if she saw them on their way out(rather than staking out) and the fact that Gosho had Camel make an appearance only to guard the house makes it more likely that Haibara will have visitors.

2. Conan clearly said though that he wanted to check the laptop before they went to the police station. Even if such events would normally be skipped, the fact that we have an important plot character, Kuroda Hyoue, in the station, and also since he's susposed to be a Rum candidate, it makes it all the more likely that Gosho could make such events transpire(just like in FILE 920).

(Keep in mind these were just guesses... with Gosho, he could take this in any direction he wants to. I'm just stating the possible set-ups he made)
Spoiler:
Sure, Sera wanted to talk to Haibara at one point, but she seems to have lost interest in her. She had still enough time on the Mystery Train to talk to Haibara even after she spotted Scar Akai peeking through the door but didn't. And even the recent invite (it was in File 899 btw, not 900) she only cared about Conan, not about Haibara anymore. Also, Conan never really actively kept Haibara away from Sera that much; plus, Haibara didn't want to meet Sera. I don't think the meeting between the MG and Conan was supposed to lower the barrier for a meeting with Haibara. Sera had plenty of chances to meet Haibara after the MT, she knows where that girl lives and where she goes to school after all. Did she do anything about it? No. Will it come up again? Probably? But I'm not sure if they will be in form of a surprise assault after a stake-out. It's true that Gosho probably didn't set up the Camel watchpost without a reason, but I'm not convinced that it's gonna be Sera (ofc it 99% won't be the MG going to Agasa's house, she doesn't leave the hotel for anything after all).

Same thing goes for Kuroda kinda, since Gosho could've used him in almost any case after 920, but didn't, although here it would be a better timing in the story to bring him up again in the story. More likely than the Sera thing, but I'm also not convinced of this.
Spoiler:
We can't be too sure who her true aim was just because she made contact with Conan, in order for him to meet Mary. I have already stated my reasons for believing why Haibara was their true aim. I don't think for a second that Gosho would just make Sera lose interest. It just comes up that way because of Gosho's slow story progression, not because he intentionally is trying to create gaps between each Sera appearance so that the fans will think a lot of time has passed in the DC universe.

I wasn't trying to claim that Conan was actively trying to stop Sera, but rather that in the most cases, he never contributed in giving info when she wanted them and never let her get close to Haibara through him(like when he avoided using her phone). Sera says to Mary that they can trust Conan(Ep 760), as if Mary didn't want to trust anyone before, while trying to fulfill her goal. It makes sense, if you put the pieces together, that they wanted to reach Haibara, but never seemed to get their chance, so Sera tries to suggest to rely on Conan's help.

As for MT, it looked to me like Gosho needed an excuse to delay the Sera subplot, so speculating on behalf of a "plot barrier" is unnecessary(since it's not the first time he has delayed potential plot developments in similar manner).

Like I said before, just because the gap seems big between Sera appearances doesn't mean that a lot of time has passed(I think the whole "within-one-year story-play-out" logic serves as a point), and whether they had time or not after MT, it doesn't change the fact that they seemingly want to reach her without attracting attention from her surroundings(which needs timing), so the way they are trying to go about it was bound to fail(or take a long while) to begin with, since Haibara rarely is home alone(until now).

Kuroda making an appearance seems like a more likely choice at this point, since like I said before, he is a Rum suspect, so I don't know why that wouldn't feel convincing...

Once again, like I said before, this is speculations in the case that we are getting ourselves into some heavy plot developments....
Spoiler:
Hey, I'm merely speculating here too and posting thoughts, no need to get defensive.

It's just that following your logic, it wouldn't make sense for Sera to approach Haibara at this moment, when she is alone, if she intends to get Conan to trust her first; such a move would only cause more distrust between Sera and Conan/Haibara. She knows Haibara doesn't want to meet her, that much she should have been able to read in the MT with how Ai behaved (ofc, this behaviour of Ai was mostly because of pretty much everything besides Sera, but Sera can't know that). Sera and Mary will obviously appear soon, probably in the next chapter already, but I have doubts about them ambushing Haibara at her home.

"so speculating on behalf of a 'plot barrier' is unnecessary"
This sentence confuses me a bit, since you were the one who first mentioned such a barrier, but now you call speculation in that direction to be unnecessary?

Kuroda feels unconvincing, because Gosho had so much time before, that I'm not sure if he wants to use him now, especially with how he already kinda devalued him as a Rum suspect through Animal Crossing and Haibara's conversation with Conan in 925, plus with him being the Jodie/Subaru of this arc (the obvious, on the nose evil and over the top sinister) ... however, I said that I consider him appearing more likely than an ambush by Sera on Haibara, so there's that.
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

Serinox wrote:
MeiTanteixX wrote:
Serinox wrote:
MeiTanteixX wrote:
Serinox wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Hey, I'm merely speculating here too and posting thoughts, no need to get defensive.

It's just that following your logic, it wouldn't make sense for Sera to approach Haibara at this moment, when she is alone, if she intends to get Conan to trust her first; such a move would only cause more distrust between Sera and Conan/Haibara. She knows Haibara doesn't want to meet her, that much she should have been able to read in the MT with how Ai behaved (ofc, this behaviour of Ai was mostly because of pretty much everything besides Sera, but Sera can't know that). Sera and Mary will obviously appear soon, probably in the next chapter already, but I have doubts about them ambushing Haibara at her home.

"so speculating on behalf of a 'plot barrier' is unnecessary"
This sentence confuses me a bit, since you were the one who first mentioned such a barrier, but now you call speculation in that direction to be unnecessary?

Kuroda feels unconvincing, because Gosho had so much time before, that I'm not sure if he wants to use him now, especially with how he already kinda devalued him as a Rum suspect through Animal Crossing and Haibara's conversation with Conan in 925, plus with him being the Jodie/Subaru of this arc (the obvious, on the nose evil and over the top sinister) ... however, I said that I consider him appearing more likely than an ambush by Sera on Haibara, so there's that.
Spoiler:
I guess I'm making myself sound too defensive, sorry about that :P

The problem was never to gain Conan's trust, but for Conan to gain Mary's trust. Sera suggesting to trust Conan was just an alternative way for them to go about it, more easier way for that matter(but Mary doesn't know that since she isn't familiar with him). If they could meet haibara without trouble, then I don't see why they wouldn't take that chance. Which is why, like I said, the timing is crucial, since if they failed, they would probably be even more distanced from her, and at the same time, they themselves would have to go into hiding once more (according to mary).

We can't be too sure about what impression Sera has gotten from haibara, other than what Sonoko and Ran told her, but the fact that she suggested that they simply should trust Conan could be because she thought haibara seemed worried/scared to meet someone as suspicious as herself. Other than that, we haven't gotten anything on what Sera's first impression of Haibara was!

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear... that comment about "plot barrier" is directed to the fact that you said that Sera could've easily gone back to her conversation with Haibara after being distracted in MT. I'm saying that Gosho made that "plot barrier"(distraction by Scar Akai) in order to delay the Sera subplot! So discussing why she didn't talk to Haibara again in that moment is unnecessary, basically.

As for Kuroda not appearing earlier...
In all the other cases where they did their statements, Rum wasn't relevant to the case(or mentioned),... and according to Gosho's storytelling style, important meetings/interactions happens when the plot calls for it!
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Image Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
kkuuddoo

Post by kkuuddoo »

Spoiler:
I know this is bit sudden, I did watch the episodes MG have appeared in and talked in just a few minutes ago, and in the pool murder episode it was clear that MG was outside the hotel, I guess MG tries to hide as much as possible, but I think gosh made her come out so Ran can notice her too, and think she met her before.

I the other hand, I am pro the Idea sera and MG coming to see haibara, though I am doubtful about it really happening. what are the odds of that happening, 1/100 since its seems a bit weird. However I do agree that maybe MG and sera are trying to get Conan trust to be able to meet Haibara faster and easier. Also yes, I think that Camel being there is to serve a purpose, otherwise that would be a bit weird, Haibara does need protection, but not as if can't be left unsupervised. Also I agree with some people in the discussion chat, Camel is not the best reliable person for all his slips he did, Sure Akai trusts him enough, and maybe gives him a chance because they both couldn't protect Akemi, at least they should do a better job with Haibara

Kuroda appearing is not out of the expected in my opinion, I think he would highly appears if they go to the police station, just to give more hints of Rum Red herring or something.

I really dont know what to expect in the next case, but I am sure excited ( why you Ask ? ) I am being optimistic indeed, but I am also giving myself hope with the postcards and animal crossing hints. Lets just HOPE to get some JUICY PLOT !
GIN X SHIHO <3<3<3
VERMOUTH IS SEXY AS HELL !!

Elena Miyano and Atsushi ..... APTX 4869 & Silver Bullet
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

No real need to use spoiler tags at this point.
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

kkuuddoo wrote:
Spoiler:
I know this is bit sudden, I did watch the episodes MG have appeared in and talked in just a few minutes ago, and in the pool murder episode it was clear that MG was outside the hotel, I guess MG tries to hide as much as possible, but I think gosh made her come out so Ran can notice her too, and think she met her before.

I the other hand, I am pro the Idea sera and MG coming to see haibara, though I am doubtful about it really happening. what are the odds of that happening, 1/100 since its seems a bit weird. However I do agree that maybe MG and sera are trying to get Conan trust to be able to meet Haibara faster and easier. Also yes, I think that Camel being there is to serve a purpose, otherwise that would be a bit weird, Haibara does need protection, but not as if can't be left unsupervised. Also I agree with some people in the discussion chat, Camel is not the best reliable person for all his slips he did, Sure Akai trusts him enough, and maybe gives him a chance because they both couldn't protect Akemi, at least they should do a better job with Haibara

Kuroda appearing is not out of the expected in my opinion, I think he would highly appears if they go to the police station, just to give more hints of Rum Red herring or something.

I really dont know what to expect in the next case, but I am sure excited ( why you Ask ? ) I am being optimistic indeed, but I am also giving myself hope with the postcards and animal crossing hints. Lets just HOPE to get some JUICY PLOT !
We probably will, since we are also nearing the movie 20 date(and he needs to update us with Rum and his goal)... so just going back to regular case at this point is unlikely.
Kor wrote:No real need to use spoiler tags at this point.
I agree that we shouldn't have used it at the beginning, but right now we've created ocean of text, so compressing seems like good idea :P
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image Image
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Here's a tip for the future then. Cut off some of the quoted posts every once in a while and just leave the relevant post you're referring to in the quote. Then you wouldn't end up with a lot of text.
Themaninarmor
It's not about me

Post by Themaninarmor »

I want to ask something. This is a conversation between agasa and conan in file 948 (the last page)

Agasa: Ants!! Marching in single file straight towards the house. Look!!

Conan: You screamed for that? You have got so many books on insect at home.

Agasa: yeah, insects look pretty cute in the pictures, but they're really scary on real life

Conan inner thought: 'eh? Insect?'

Was "insect" referring to honey in the murder weapon or did it mean something else? Like clue to someome appeance, maybe ??
ran mamijo kun
katara kare anya masuno
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Post by MoonRaven »

Themaninarmor wrote:I want to ask something. This is a conversation between agasa and conan in file 948 (the last page)

Agasa: yeah, insects look pretty cute in the pictures, but they're really scary on real life

Was "insect" referring to honey in the murder weapon or did it mean something else? Like clue to someome appeance, maybe ??
I think it was just to lead for the hiding place of the murder weapon... Or something. I probably should reread the case.
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 33 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 12.9.20

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
Themaninarmor
It's not about me

Post by Themaninarmor »

MoonRaven wrote:
Themaninarmor wrote:I want to ask something. This is a conversation between agasa and conan in file 948 (the last page)

I think it was just to lead for the hiding place of the murder weapon... Or something. I probably should reread the case.
If that so, then it must be ant not insect. I think it referring to what agasa said earlier
ran mamijo kun
katara kare anya masuno
bash7353
部下の手柄は上司のもの
上司の失敗は部下の責任

Post by bash7353 »

The conversation and the thoughts are more like:

Agasa: "If they are only inside of pictures, they are cute insects that you can separate from one another, but when you watch them move in nature, they are so close."

Conan, thinking: "If it is inside... you can separate it..."
"Vad ska jag annars vara?" - "Det vet jag inte. Det måste du svara på. Men om du släpper allt du tror att du måste, och frågar dig vad du vill... Vad vill du då?"
描いた夢は叶わないことの方が多い
秀れた人を羨んでは自分が嫌になる
浅い眠りに押し潰されそう夜もある
優しい隣人が陰で牙を向いていたり

惰性で観てたテレビ消すみたいに生きることを時々辞めたくなる

人生は苦痛ですか 成功が全てですか
僕はあなたにあなたに ただ逢いたいだけ
信じたい嘘 効かない薬 帰れないサヨナラ
叫べ叫べ叫べ   逢いたいだけ
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Post by MoonRaven »

bash7353 wrote:The conversation and the thoughts are more like:

Agasa: "If they are only inside of pictures, they are cute insects that you can separate from one another, but when you watch them move in nature, they are so close."

Ah! It's about cutting the glass, right?
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 33 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 12.9.20

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

MoonRaven wrote:

wow, what I miss of hints!
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image Image
Themaninarmor
It's not about me

Post by Themaninarmor »

MoonRaven wrote:

Sha sha sha so i was looking the wrong translation then.... Sorry but thanks for the reply.
ran mamijo kun
katara kare anya masuno