Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 948-950

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 948-95X

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Spimer wrote:Translation of the text spoilers
Spoiler:
Movie 20 Suprise 13: Mysterious woman's voice actress revealed

File 950: Cut off letters

Conan is going to explain why the 1st discoverer didn't have something that looked like a weapon using a capsule toy he had Takagi buy. (The toy "figure" the man had on him is a critical part of the trick).
Conan takes out the toy inside the capsule and stuffs a marble and honey inside to then seal it with tape so that it doesn't leak.
He has Takagi throw this capsule plus a color ball towards the rooftop yet only the color ball drops to the ground. Conan has Takagi stay outside and watch out and they go back inside the building.
The 1st discoverer said that he entered further inside because there was no-one but Okiya denies that. Okiya says that the victim came out to greet him but the 1st discoverer said "Can I use your toilet?". Okiya goes into the toilet and uses that small window on ground level to retrieve the capsule. Given how it has a marble and honey inside then it rolls very slowly and falls down the roof's rain water drain pipe to land next to the window.

Conan put a marble inside but if it was an iron ball which, if put inside of a sock, becomes a great weapon.
The culprit then can wash the splattered blood in the bathroom and wipe clean the body with toilet paper.
The man stepped on purpose on the glass to make up the excuse of "I'm not wearing socks".
He then called the bodyguards and while they were distracted he made the capsule roll under the ground and that should've allowed for him to get rid of the evidence but due to the ant row the capsule got retrieved by the forensics. The blood that was in the socks save for the heel is the victim's and there's a Luminol reaction in the bathroom.

The culprit doesn't say what his motive was but it'd seem that the car accident which hospitalized the culprit was arranged by the victim. By the time he'd exited the hospital his candy store was a mess because of a lot of iron balls so he used one as a weapon as payback.

As for why the victim died holding the scissors that was to leave behind a dying message. If you cut a glass cup inside of water then you can cut it without it becoming small pieces. You can't prevent the small pieces from cutting you so it's not safe but it the man was about to die then it doesn't matter.
The victim used the "FUSAE BRAND" letters to make up "SENBA", the culprit's name. He left the other letters glued so that the culprit wouldn't notice. Done like that it can be made to look like he simply smashed the glass agaisnt the wall.

Conan and Okiya, by noticing this, they realize something far more important than this case. Conan gets into Agasa's car while Okiya calls Jodie to come with a car. Conan and Okiya (separately) use their PCs to look back at the Haneda Kouji case files and by looking at the smashed mirror photos they decipher a code identical to the one used by the victim.
PUT ON MASCARA - P T ON = U MASCARA
U MASCARA - ASACA = U M R … Umaru-chan! (Note: this "Umaru-chan" is a joke by the text spoilers writer. They obviously know the letters mean RUM but they wanted to make a joke)

Side-note: Have they finally found a clue to the mysterious BO member "RUM"?
BREAK NEXT WEEK
Had a feeling there'd be a break, next week.
Spoiler:
So "Asaka" is, indeed, Rum.

Since Koji was the one who made that dying message, he must've heard that name, somewhere. The fact that this was seventeen years ago means Rum may have changed, physically (if he wasn't wearing a disguise in that photo, that is), and those rumors about his appearance must've been circling for quite some time.

Masumi and Mary will probably show up, next case, if not for the first file of it (951). Question is, how much will it link to this case.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Spimer wrote:Translation of the text spoilers
Spoiler:
Movie 20 Suprise 13: Mysterious woman's voice actress revealed

File 950: Cut off letters

Conan is going to explain why the 1st discoverer didn't have something that looked like a weapon using a capsule toy he had Takagi buy. (The toy "figure" the man had on him is a critical part of the trick).
Conan takes out the toy inside the capsule and stuffs a marble and honey inside to then seal it with tape so that it doesn't leak.
He has Takagi throw this capsule plus a color ball towards the rooftop yet only the color ball drops to the ground. Conan has Takagi stay outside and watch out and they go back inside the building.
The 1st discoverer said that he entered further inside because there was no-one but Okiya denies that. Okiya says that the victim came out to greet him but the 1st discoverer said "Can I use your toilet?". Okiya goes into the toilet and uses that small window on ground level to retrieve the capsule. Given how it has a marble and honey inside then it rolls very slowly and falls down the roof's rain water drain pipe to land next to the window.

Conan put a marble inside but if it was an iron ball which, if put inside of a sock, becomes a great weapon.
The culprit then can wash the splattered blood in the bathroom and wipe clean the body with toilet paper.
The man stepped on purpose on the glass to make up the excuse of "I'm not wearing socks".
He then called the bodyguards and while they were distracted he made the capsule roll under the ground and that should've allowed for him to get rid of the evidence but due to the ant row the capsule got retrieved by the forensics. The blood that was in the socks save for the heel is the victim's and there's a Luminol reaction in the bathroom.

The culprit doesn't say what his motive was but it'd seem that the car accident which hospitalized the culprit was arranged by the victim. By the time he'd exited the hospital his candy store was a mess because of a lot of iron balls so he used one as a weapon as payback.

As for why the victim died holding the scissors that was to leave behind a dying message. If you cut a glass cup inside of water then you can cut it without it becoming small pieces. You can't prevent the small pieces from cutting you so it's not safe but it the man was about to die then it doesn't matter.
The victim used the "FUSAE BRAND" letters to make up "SENBA", the culprit's name. He left the other letters glued so that the culprit wouldn't notice. Done like that it can be made to look like he simply smashed the glass agaisnt the wall.

Conan and Okiya, by noticing this, they realize something far more important than this case. Conan gets into Agasa's car while Okiya calls Jodie to come with a car. Conan and Okiya (separately) use their PCs to look back at the Haneda Kouji case files and by looking at the smashed mirror photos they decipher a code identical to the one used by the victim.
PUT ON MASCARA - P T ON = U MASCARA
U MASCARA - ASACA = U M R … Umaru-chan! (Note: this "Umaru-chan" is a joke by the text spoilers writer. They obviously know the letters mean RUM but they wanted to make a joke)

Side-note: Have they finally found a clue to the mysterious BO member "RUM"?
BREAK NEXT WEEK
Had a feeling there'd be a break, next week.
Spoiler:
So "Asaka" is, indeed, Rum.

Since Koji was the one who made that dying message, he must've heard that name, somewhere. The fact that this was seventeen years ago means Rum may have changed, physically (if he wasn't wearing a disguise in that photo, that is), and those rumors about his appearance must've been circling for quite some time.

Masumi and Mary will probably show up, next case, if not for the first file of it (951). Question is, how much will it link to this case.
Spoiler:
This doesn't actually say Akasa = Rum
It just has the PTON letters removed leaves the letters U MASCARA, which can be arranged to make ASACA RUM
It could easily mean that there were two people that committed the murders
The side-notes at the end aren't written by Gosho so they really mean nothing and have been wrong before

best to wait until the next file before anything is "confirmed"

Also, Gin is going to appear soon
http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki ... 016_66.jpg
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Spoiler:
It just has the PTON letters removed leaves the letters U MASCARA, which can be arranged to make ASACA RUM
The side-notes at the end aren't written by Gosho so they really mean nothing and have been wrong before

Spoiler:
Of course, that is the alternate explanation to Asaka being Rum. Maybe Shuichi's father is Asaka, and he was a BO member who did something that warranted him being eliminated (but, again, Gosho's postcard about that leaves it up in the air whether he's actually dead or not).

Gin? In the manga soon (I assume before the movie drops)? For the first time since File 824 and the Mystery Train climax? We might be headed towards something big, then.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Uchiha Shadow

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 948-950

Post by Uchiha Shadow »

Spoiler:
I agree with Jimmy, we shouldn't jump the gun, but Asaka and RUM are most likely related in some way.
ATEM

Post by ATEM »

I remember goshou 2 or 3 years ago said something like everything is going to be connected in the end so maybe when we have a few more hints If we tried to see all pieces of the all running plots together instead of thinking of each of them separately we will be able to figure out something
DCUniverseAficionado

Uchiha Shadow wrote:
Spoiler:
I agree with Jimmy, we shouldn't jump the gun, but Asaka and RUM are most likely related in some way.
Spoiler:
The fact that Koji made sure Rum was part of the dying message means that he might've heard about the BO from Amanda, or heard the name, in passing, and was able to connect it to him Amanda being killed.

At this point, I think Asaka is either Rum, or Shuichi's father (BO member or not).
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

Regardless of whether it is a fake name or not, "Asaka" could be either a given name or a family name.
If it is a given name, then the person would be female, because its a female given name
however if its a family name then the person could be either male or female.

In the Japanese file the name "Asaka" is written in quotes each time it shows up in 948
with the exception of where its written on the computer screen.
There is no way to actually tell whether its the given or family name of the person at this point
because we don't know what Amanda would have known about the person

In Japan it would be more likely to call the person by their family name,
but in America sometimes employers can get away with calling the people they employ by their given names
additionally, since Gosho watches a lot of movies, he may be going with the employer giving the bodyguard a nickname
You often see in movies where guards have funny (or even ironic) nicknames based on their attributes

http://blog-imgs-86.fc2.com/n/a/g/nagar ... si/016.jpg 「浅香」
http://blog-imgs-86.fc2.com/n/a/g/nagar ... si/002.jpg 「浅香」 and 浅香
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
Themaninarmor
It's not about me

Post by Themaninarmor »

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Of course, that is the alternate explanation to Asaka being Rum. Maybe Shuichi's father is Asaka, and he was a BO member who did something that warranted him being eliminated (but, again, Gosho's postcard about that leaves it up in the air whether he's actually dead or not).

Gin? In the manga soon (I assume before the movie drops)? For the first time since File 824 and the Mystery Train climax? We might be headed towards something big, then.
Spoiler: ASACARUM Can be write as this too
ASACARUM=CARASUMA millionaire that died mysteriously in medieval age (like Amanda). sorry it just speculation i don't know if its true. Sha Sha Sha
ran mamijo kun
katara kare anya masuno
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

Themaninarmor wrote:
jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler: ASACARUM Can be write as this too
ASACARUM=CARASUMA millionaire that died mysteriously in medieval age (like Amanda). sorry it just speculation i don't know if its true. Sha Sha Sha
That's something I haven't thought on! Thanks for at least mentioning it, it doesn't matter if it seems wrong, all speculations are welcome!
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

The 2ch thread is currently flooded with posts about that idea.
Themaninarmor
It's not about me

Post by Themaninarmor »

Spoiler:
Is that so? I have that idea because 2 reason. 1. Asaka is forcibly name for bodyguard ( i'm sorry if there is one that named asaka) and 2. Its not aoyama style. If aoyama i think he just let u mascara and not redirecting to asaca - rum. But the reason i still doubt because aoyama just want to speed rum information for the movie. Like scarlet arc.
ran mamijo kun
katara kare anya masuno
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

So guesses for what could happen in the next chapter, if the story is starting to kick off...
Spoiler:
- since Mary(and sera) will be active in the plot soon, according to Gosho, maybe they'll go to Agasa's house to directly make contact with haibara(who is now alone in the house). Sera might've seen Subaru, Agasa and Conan leave the house.

- Subaru and Conan are soon gonna head to the police station in order to make their statements for the case. Maybe they will encounter Kuroda.

- Gin was said to make an appearance soon as well. Maybe we will see some BO conversation about Rum for further information on what he/she is up to.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Image Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

MeiTanteixX wrote:So guesses for what could happen in the next chapter, if the story is starting to kick off...
Spoiler:
- since Mary(and sera) will be active in the plot soon, according to Gosho, maybe they'll go to Agasa's house to directly make contact with haibara(who is now alone in the house). Sera might've seen Subaru, Agasa and Conan leave the house.

- Subaru and Conan are soon gonna head to the police station in order to make their statements for the case. Maybe they will encounter Kuroda.

- Gin was said to make an appearance soon as well. Maybe we will see some BO conversation about Rum for further information on what he/she is up to.
Spoiler:
1. Why though? Sera (and the MG by extent) have displayed zero interest in Haibara after the Mystery Train. Why would they approach her now all of a sudden? Also, I don't think Sera is staking out the Agasa house and even if she were, I think Akai would have noticed, since he seems rather concerned about securing the Agasa household.

2. This hasn't been relevant in almost all the cases, I think it has been mentioned a mere three times in the Bourbon arc and one time was even about Sera nonchalantly ditching giving her statement to the police, because there were enough other witnesses and she had other things to do.
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

Serinox wrote:
MeiTanteixX wrote:So guesses for what could happen in the next chapter, if the story is starting to kick off...
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
1. Why though? Sera (and the MG by extent) have displayed zero interest in Haibara after the Mystery Train. Why would they approach her now all of a sudden? Also, I don't think Sera is staking out the Agasa house and even if she were, I think Akai would have noticed, since he seems rather concerned about securing the Agasa household.

2. This hasn't been relevant in almost all the cases, I think it has been mentioned a mere three times in the Bourbon arc and one time was even about Sera nonchalantly ditching giving her statement to the police, because there were enough other witnesses and she had other things to do.
Spoiler:
1. Just to summarize the numerous of times she wanted to reach Haibara:
FILE 777: Sera deletes information she gathered on Haibara from the hotel computer in the room that she and Mary where living in. She showed interest to someone she shouldn't have a reason to suspect (from the information we know right now).
FILE 801: She asked if the voice she heard over the phone was Haibara's, with a serious face, as if she had business with her.
FILE 815: Sera tries to give Conan her phone so that he can call Haibara(since his phone was dead) so that Sera can get ahold of her number.
FILE 819: Sera finally meets Haibara and she clearly says she wants to have a word with her!

You're saying that she hasn't showed any interest on Haibara after the Mystery Train case, but if you consider the fact that the majority of her attempts in reaching Haibara was interrupted by Conan, it makes sense that her recent attempts on scheduling a meeting between Conan and Mary, in FILE 899, was in order to simply confront the barrier itself that has been hindering them from meeting Haibara.

That being said, Akai could've simply missed her if she saw them on their way out(rather than staking out) and the fact that Gosho had Camel make an appearance only to guard the house makes it more likely that Haibara will have visitors.

2. Conan clearly said though that he wanted to check the laptop before they went to the police station. Even if such events would normally be skipped, the fact that we have an important plot character, Kuroda Hyoue, in the station, and also since he's susposed to be a Rum candidate, it makes it all the more likely that Gosho could make such events transpire(just like in FILE 920).

(Keep in mind these were just guesses... with Gosho, he could take this in any direction he wants to. I'm just stating the possible set-ups he made)
Last edited by MeiTanteixX on February 29th, 2016, 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image Image
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

MeiTanteixX wrote:
Serinox wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
1. Just to summarize the numerous of times she wanted to reach Haibara:
FILE 777: Sera deletes information she gathered on Haibara from the hotel computer in the room that she and Mary where living in. She showed interest to someone she shouldn't have a reason to suspect (from the information we know right now).
FILE 801: She asked if the voice she heard over the phone was Haibara's, with a serious face, as if she had business with her.
FILE 815: Sera tries to give Conan her phone so that he can call Haibara(since his phone was dead) so that Sera can get ahold of her number.
FILE 819: Sera finally meets Haibara and she clearly says she wants to have a word with her!

You're saying that she hasn't showed any interest on Haibara after the Mystery Train case, but if you consider the fact that the majority of her attempts in reaching Haibara was interrupted by Conan, it makes sense that her recent attempts on scheduling a meeting between Conan and Mary, in FILE 900, was in order to simply confront the barrier itself that has been hindering them from meeting Haibara.

That being said, Akai could've simply missed her if she saw them on their way out(rather than staking out) and the fact that Gosho had Camel make an appearance only to guard the house makes it more likely that Haibara will have visitors.

2. Conan clearly said though that he wanted to check the laptop before they went to the police station. Even if such events would normally be skipped, the fact that we have an important plot character, Kuroda Hyoue, in the station, and also since he's susposed to be a Rum candidate, it makes it all the more likely that Gosho could make such events transpire(just like in FILE 920).

(Keep in mind these were just guesses... with Gosho, he could take this in any direction he wants to. I'm just stating the possible set-ups he made)
Spoiler:
Sure, Sera wanted to talk to Haibara at one point, but she seems to have lost interest in her. She had still enough time on the Mystery Train to talk to Haibara even after she spotted Scar Akai peeking through the door but didn't. And even the recent invite (it was in File 899 btw, not 900) she only cared about Conan, not about Haibara anymore. Also, Conan never really actively kept Haibara away from Sera that much; plus, Haibara didn't want to meet Sera. I don't think the meeting between the MG and Conan was supposed to lower the barrier for a meeting with Haibara. Sera had plenty of chances to meet Haibara after the MT, she knows where that girl lives and where she goes to school after all. Did she do anything about it? No. Will it come up again? Probably? But I'm not sure if they will be in form of a surprise assault after a stake-out. It's true that Gosho probably didn't set up the Camel watchpost without a reason, but I'm not convinced that it's gonna be Sera (ofc it 99% won't be the MG going to Agasa's house, she doesn't leave the hotel for anything after all).

Same thing goes for Kuroda kinda, since Gosho could've used him in almost any case after 920, but didn't, although here it would be a better timing in the story to bring him up again in the story. More likely than the Sera thing, but I'm also not convinced of this.