Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 948-950

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
KaitoRizu

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 948-95X

Post by KaitoRizu »

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Spoiler:
I don't know about you all, but I'm pretty sure this glass on the counter in 948 says "Fusae Brand" http://imgur.com/FfzgAxz
Spoiler:
and in the panel above it you can see three shards with letters on them on the middle shard there's vertical "FU" the bottom left one is a pattern and an "A" there's also a shard at the bottom of the panel a bit to the right that have "R" on it, that's the image link:
 http://i.imgur.com/0HsOYpx.png
Thanks for the SS Kamite! ;D
Spoiler:
Heliotropic

Post by Heliotropic »

Text Spoilers File 949: http://nozomi.2ch.sc/test/read.cgi/ymag/1455279836/0-
Spoiler:
FILE949 甘い匂い

沖矢は17年前の事件にかかわってたのは自分ではなく父親だという
コナンが父親のことを聞こうとすると、逆にコナンの正体を聞かれたため中断

手当てが終わり、帰ろうとする第一発見者を引き留めているところに
沖矢はガラスを右足で踏んだのかと尋ねる
第一発見者がガラスを踏んだのは左足だが、その前の事故で右足を折っていた
ともかく、コナンたちは第一発見者に事件の経緯を再現してもらう

第一発見者は離れの玄関でボディガードの検査を受けたあと
引き戸を開けて中に入るが誰も出て来ず、上がり込んで声をかけるも返事すらなし
奥の風呂場の脱衣所の扉が開いてるの気づき
のぞき込んだらすでに凶行の後
とは言うが、扉が全開だったら破片を踏むはずもないし
わずかしか開いてなかったというのを信じるなら
開けた扉で破片がどけられてないとおかしい
自分が被害者を殴ったのであれば返り血がついてるはずだと
第一発見者は反論しつつ上着を脱ぐが、シャツのボタンを掛け違えてるし
背中の裾もズボンから出ているし、ネクタイを締めてる割にだらしない恰好
検視が撮影を終え、破片を回収しようとするので
沖矢は第一発見者が破片を素足で踏んだのか聞くと、スリッパ履いてたと証拠品を出す
被害者の遺体を運びだす検視が通り過ぎると、甘い匂いがする
なぜか傷口には、蜂蜜のようなペースト状の物がついていたらしい

コナンたちは目暮に追い出されると、犯人は第一発見者で間違いないとみる
しかし、方法まではわかったが、凶器がまだ不明
そこでボディガードに、第一発見者が何を持っていたか尋ねると
・駄菓子につけるビニール入りのおまけフィギュア ・財布 ・ハンカチ ・鍵
それとは別に、どこからか駄菓子屋で売ってるようなカラーボールが飛んできたという
1個だけで誰も取りに来なかったので、それまで気にしないでいたが
ボールは事件が起きたので警察に渡したとのこと
転がっていたのは鉄格子のない小窓のそば
そこはトイレの足元で、子供でも侵入は不可能
転がっていたものの割に大きな音がしたといい、まさかその中に凶器が…
などとコナンたちが考えていると阿笠が悲鳴を上げる 見ればアリの行列
図鑑の中のアリはかわいいものだが、現物は苦手だというのはさておき
沖矢がアリの行く先を追うと、縁の下に何かが転がっているようだ
■アリの行く手には隠された凶器が…!?次号解決編!
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

Translation of the text spoiler:
Spoiler:
File 949: Sweet scent

Okiya lets out that it was his father and not him who was involved in the case of 17 years ago: when Conan tries asking about his father Okiya instead asks Conan who he really is so Conan doesn't ask anymore.

The 1st discoverer (owner of a candy shop) has his wounds taken care of and is about to leave yet he's stopped from doing so (presumably by the police). Okiya then asks him whether he stepped into glass with the right foot. The 1st discoverer replies that he stepped into the glass with the left foot and that he'd damaged his right foot in an accident time ago. Nevertheless, they ask the 1st discoverer to recreate his tale of the discovery.

After the man got checked by the bodyguards on the entrance of the annex he opened the sliding door to step inside yet no-one came out: he called out in a loud voice yet there was no response.

He then realized that the bathroom's dressing room door further inside was opened: he peeked inside and found the victim already dead or so he says yet if the door was fully opened then he shouldn't have stepped on the debris: if they are to believe that the door was only a bit opened then it feels odd that the debris weren't stepped by the opened door.

The 1st discoverer objects that if he'd been the one to attack the victim he should have blood spurts: he takes off his coat but his shirt's buttons aren't correctly set. The back's cuff is popping out of the trousers and despite that he's tightened the tie his outfit as a whole is untidy.

The forensics finish taking photos of the crime scene and are about to retrieve the debris when Okiya asks the 1st discoverer whether he stepped into the debris barefoot or not: the man answers he was wearing slippers and brings out evidence of that. The forensics carrying the body pass next to the ground and they notice a sweet scent: for some unknown reason the victim's wounds see to have a honey-like paste.

Megure tells Conan and the other 2 to come out and they are convinced that the man is the culprit yet how he did it and what was the weapon remain unknown: they ask the bodyguards about what the 1st discoverer carried upon coming:

. A vinyl bag containing a bonus figure to be put in candy
. His wallet
. A handkerchief
. Keys

And, apart from that there was a color ball like the ones that sell in candy shops that landed in the yard: it was only 1 ball and no-one came to ask for it so they didn't mind it but now that there's this case going on they'd handed it over to the police.

It was rolling on the ground next to a small window without steel bars, the bathroom's feet but it was a small space in which not even a child could fit in: they add that it was pretty loud when it was rolling on the ground despite its size: Conan and Okiya begin to wonder if the weapon was hidden inside of that ball when Agasa screams at seeing a row of ants. He says that they're cute when they're picture book drawings but he hates the real ones.

Okiya looks at where the ants head to and finds something that's ended up beneath the edge (of the bathroom?).

Side-note: "Is the weapon where the ants head to...!? Next issue, the resolution!"
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Post by MoonRaven »

Spoiler:
If we get to see Akai's father, we can probably finally solve the who resembles who, mystery...
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 33 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 12.9.20

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
Uchiha Shadow

Post by Uchiha Shadow »

Spoiler:
Honestly DC has been on fire since the second half of 2015, I hope this case somehow ties in with RUM, then next case or the one after that we'll get a Kuroda case.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Spoiler:
This case has brought to light events of the past, but the fact that the list is supposed to be red herring (or a name on it) may mean Shinichi/Conan will reach a dead end by next file—there may be no new BO leads by the end of the case. If there are, they'll be ones gleaned from the past.

If Shuichi/Subaru appeared "soon" as Gosho's postcard said—in this case—then Masumi and Mary may appear next file (or in the next case). Since Gosho clearly wanted us to know that Andre is in the Kudo residence, watching over Shiho/Ai, maybe Masumi will drop by Agasa's place.

The text spoilers for 948 omitted Shuichi/Subaru saying that the case forced him to join the FBI—maybe something else key was omitted this time, as well.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Spoiler:
I don't know about you all, but I'm pretty sure this glass on the counter in 948 says "Fusae Brand" http://imgur.com/FfzgAxz
Spoiler:
Lol that's funny. Either a hidden cameo type of thing or Agasa has been buying something from her company if she got one.
KaitoRizu

Post by KaitoRizu »

k11chi wrote:
jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Lol that's funny. Either a hidden cameo type of thing or Agasa has been buying something from her company if she got one.
Spoiler:
it wasn't in Agasa's house, it was in the house of the current case's victim
Thanks for the SS Kamite! ;D
Spoiler:
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

KaitoRizu wrote:
k11chi wrote:
jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
it wasn't in Agasa's house, it was in the house of the current case's victim
Spoiler:
Oh ok. It's not like it matters anyway where it was since it's just a mug...
Stopwatch

Post by Stopwatch »

From the cbox:
Spoiler:
16 Feb 16, 15:21
bash7353: Conan: "So, your father was an FBI agent, too?"
Akai: "No..." "it wasn't the FBI..." "If you want to talk about my father..." "I want you to also tell me about you..." "your real identity..."
Conan: "Ah, no..." "When everything is resolved..."
Akai: "I see..."
Conan (thinking): "Though it seems I've been exposed already..."
16 Feb 16, 15:20
bash7353: Since presume hasn't done it before, here's the converation between Conan and Akai.
Terry Pratchett wrote: The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
bash7353 wrote:I kind of always assumed that Haneda's parents might've had names.
Spoiler: Box full of stuff
Write a Will
Some year's SS by Abs. :D
DCW SS from Anime Girl 4 Eva]
Thanks, cinna ^^
Image[/spoiler]
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Stopwatch wrote:From the cbox:
Spoiler:
Akai: "No..." "it wasn't the FBI..."
"If you want to talk about my father..." "I want you to also tell me about you..." "your real identity..."
bash7353: Since presume hasn't done it before, here's the converation between Conan and Akai.
Spoiler:
The plot thickens…

Actually, I always had an idea floating around in my head that his father was a BO agent… we'll see if that pans out.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Spoiler:
Had this idea - the discoverer is called Senba Kazunori. "FUSAE BRAND" is written on the glass. So remember the idea that the missing shards from the mirror might hint that Asaka is Rum? Perhaps it's the same here, and there are missing shards of glass with the letters S E N B A.

Over at Baidu, I saw that someone also had a similar idea but went even one step further and rearranged FUSAE BRAND to SENBA FRAUD.
bash7353
部下の手柄は上司のもの
上司の失敗は部下の責任

Post by bash7353 »

Spoiler:
Akai: "No..." "it wasn't the FBI..." "If you want to talk about my father..." "I want you to also tell me about you..." "your real identity..."
A more complete version with the first part of the conversation as well:
Spoiler:
Conan: "Made you join the FBI...?" "17 years ago you were already involved with the Haneda Kouji case?"
Akai: "No... The one who was directly involved was my father..."
Conan: "So, your father was an FBI investigator, too?"
Akai: "No..." "it wasn't the FBI..." "If you want to talk about my father..." "I would like you to tell me about you as well..." "About your real identity..."
Conan (thinking): "Though it looks ilke I've already been exposed..."
"Vad ska jag annars vara?" - "Det vet jag inte. Det måste du svara på. Men om du släpper allt du tror att du måste, och frågar dig vad du vill... Vad vill du då?"
描いた夢は叶わないことの方が多い
秀れた人を羨んでは自分が嫌になる
浅い眠りに押し潰されそう夜もある
優しい隣人が陰で牙を向いていたり

惰性で観てたテレビ消すみたいに生きることを時々辞めたくなる

人生は苦痛ですか 成功が全てですか
僕はあなたにあなたに ただ逢いたいだけ
信じたい嘘 効かない薬 帰れないサヨナラ
叫べ叫べ叫べ   逢いたいだけ
Uchiha Shadow

Post by Uchiha Shadow »

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
MI6 incoming? Or is it BO? Would be ironic if it is though.
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Spoiler:

Long hair?

Reminds me of Mifune, from the early days...
The first person that came to my mind was Mifune as well!

So far(Judging by what I've read in FILE 948),
there are multiple possibilities that I'll state:
Spoiler:
- the victim might be the one uploading the information of Haneda Kouji's case (he might have been close to Amanda and wants to find her killer "Asaka"). As he was being attacked by the culprit, he hurried to the bathroom, and used the scissor to break out the letters from the "Fusae Brand" glass, that make out the culprit's name(similar to what was mentioned about "put on mascara" above), and maybe hid it in the sink(?)

- Shuukichi, Mary or someone else might be the one who re-posted the information about Kouji's case in hope that someone will share something they know about the incident, while the victim of this case coincidentally used a similar plan(with the scissors) to what happened 17 years ago... (which would be too repetitive)

- Elena and Atsushi were working on the "Silver Bullet" project, the "dream drug" that they had high hopes for to do good! The BO funded their research with the intention of stealing their work, after they successfully complete it, and then use their formula to create Apotoxin 4869! All the BO supporters/funders, like Pisco, were promised to get the drug that BO had in mind, Apotoxin 4869, and after hearing Elena's tape about what Apotoxin 4869 was supposed to be("Silver Bullet"), Shiho realized that the BO lied to her about her parents accident and that she has been working on making the wrong drug all along (hence her crying during MT about not knowing that she never should have created Apotoxin 4869)... the shrinking side-effect is from Aptx4869, and the main effect of "Silver Bullet" is maybe something along the lines of immortality/youth/medical aid...
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q