Interview Gosho Aoyama 2016

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Incomplete-tantei
"No Pain, No Gain."

Re: Interview Gosho Aoyama 2016

Post by Incomplete-tantei »

ssjup81 wrote:With the way Gosho answers questions, it's almost like he doesn't know the answers himself, like he doesn't even know where he's going with the story.
I guess you mean when he answers vaguely by saying, "maybe?", "who knows?" things like that. It's just that he can't answers to all the questions he is asked, especially if it's too important in the plot. I sure do hope Gosho knows where he's going with the story or otherwise it is very weird.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Incomplete-tantei wrote:
ssjup81 wrote:With the way Gosho answers questions, it's almost like he doesn't know the answers himself, like he doesn't even know where he's going with the story.
I guess you mean when he answers vaguely by saying, "maybe?", "who knows?" things like that. It's just that he can't answers to all the questions he is asked, especially if it's too important in the plot. I sure do hope Gosho knows where he's going with the story or otherwise it is very weird.
He has the ending planned out, and the boss has been determined for 10+ years—the issue is, DC keeps going, in spite of that.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Kudo Shinchi
No comment......

Post by Kudo Shinchi »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Incomplete-tantei wrote:
He has the ending planned out, and the boss has been determined for 10+ years—the issue is, DC keeps going, in spite of that.
With the way Gosho writes, I'd say it's very, very unlikely he doesn't know where he is going with the story. It's more likely that he doesn't take interview questions seriously, and similarly, I don't take his answers seriously either.
ssjup81
Official 2D Fanglomper

Post by ssjup81 »

Sorry for the late reply, but yeah, that's pretty much it. I never know what to believe with him in interviews so it feels like even he doesn't know where he's going with this story. lol
Incomplete-tantei
"No Pain, No Gain."

Post by Incomplete-tantei »

He's known for being a troll.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Incomplete-tantei wrote:He's known for being a troll.
Yeah, just think of how many of his answers end with, "(laughs)".

But he does have the ending planned out—he said that ten years ago. It's just he's added elements that he thought would expand the story, before he ended it.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

Incomplete-tantei wrote:He's known for being a troll.
Yeah, just think of how many of his answers end with, "(laughs)".

But he does have the ending planned out—he said that ten years ago. It's just he's added elements that he thought would expand the story, before he ended it.
(note, the below comments are not chronological)
(note2, Kochikame started in 1976 and has 198 volumes currently, with over 1800 chapters)

"(Have you already decided the end of Detective Conan?) Yes, I have. However, I don’t know when I’ll be able to draw it (laughs)." (Masters of Manga Interview)

"(Q: Does Gosho Aoyama already know, how the series is going to end?) A: He does already know what the last scene is going to be, but of course he won't reveal it yet." (Erlangen, Germany Interview 2006)

"(Q: How many more years do you set as your goal?) Gosho: Because I’ve been drawing it for 10 years, I haven’t thought of the future. Although I have already thought of the ending, because I can’t lay the clues if I don’t have the ending." (Anime 10 year Anniversary Interview 2)

"(Q: Does Gosho Aoyama plan to write the last volume already and to keep it in a safe for now?) A: No, he does not plan to." (Erlangen, Germany Interview 2006)

"(I'm excited to see it! When do you think you can write the last episode that you said you decided the contents of?) I don't know. But I don't think I'll exceed KochiKame in volume number (laughs). I've already decided the lines. The ending will be a happy one. This is my work, after all." (Otona Fami Interview 3)

"(Q55: When will the final confrontation against the Organization take place? Conan will win, right!?) A: Keep reading the manga!" (SDB40+)
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
DCUniverseAficionado

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:"(I'm excited to see it! When do you think you can write the last episode that you said you decided the contents of?) I don't know. But I don't think I'll exceed KochiKame in volume number (laughs). I've already decided the lines. The ending will be a happy one. This is my work, after all." (Otona Fami Interview 3)
When's this one from? First I've heard of him saying he has the lines (dialogue, right?) decided.
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:"(I'm excited to see it! When do you think you can write the last episode that you said you decided the contents of?) I don't know. But I don't think I'll exceed KochiKame in volume number (laughs). I've already decided the lines. The ending will be a happy one. This is my work, after all." (Otona Fami Interview 3)
When's this one from? First I've heard of him saying he has the lines (dialogue, right?) decided.
I don't know if the translation is exact, but is seems correct, its from June 2011

Q:楽しみです!内容は決まっていると仰っていた最後回はいつごろに?
I'm excited to see it! When do you think you can write the last episode that you said you decided the contents of?
A:それはわからないですね。でも「こち亀」の巻数は越えないと思います(笑)。台詞はもう決まってます。ラストはハッピーエンドですよ。だって僕の作品なんだからね。
I don't know. But I don't think I'll exceed KochiKame in volume number (laughs). I've already decided the lines. The ending will be a happy one. This is my work, after all.

(http://jisho.org/word/%E5%8F%B0%E8%A9%9E)
台詞

Noun
1. speech; words; one's lines; remarks.
Usually written using kana alone
その じょゆう 女優はせりふを だい 台なしにした。
The actress murdered her lines.

Wikipedia definition
2. Dialogue in writing
Dialogue in fiction is a verbal exchange between two or more characters. If there is only one character, who is talking to himself in his mind, it is known as interior monologue.
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

Yes, the translation is correct. It does say that he decided the lines/dialogue.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"