Interview Gosho Aoyama 2016

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Re: Interview Gosho Aoyama 2016

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

ProfParanoia wrote: Truly there is no prouder tradition in comics to draw from.
Spoiler:
;D
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
pofa
Community Savior
Armchair sorcerey

Post by pofa »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
ProfParanoia wrote: Truly there is no prouder tradition in comics to draw from.
Spoiler:
;D
YES
ImageImageImage

Superman = Captain America > Aquaman = Hal Jordan > Wonder Woman > Barry Allen > Thor > Martian Manhunter > The Hulk > Wasp > Hawkeye > [power gap] > Iron Man = Batman > [power gap] > Hank Pym
kholoudsafir

Post by kholoudsafir »

It is a shame that there were no quality questions. Also, I do not know if my impression is right, but it sounds as if Gosho was irritated with certain way of asking certain questions :-\
Every time I want to give up on DC, it manages to bring me back, it brings me back feelings I know that I will never ever feel or live again.
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

"Aoyama Minami"???
It makes it seem a little dated IMO :V
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
bash7353
部下の手柄は上司のもの
上司の失敗は部下の責任

Post by bash7353 »

Jecka wrote:"Aoyama Minami"???
Yeah, yeah, I'll change that, too...
"Vad ska jag annars vara?" - "Det vet jag inte. Det måste du svara på. Men om du släpper allt du tror att du måste, och frågar dig vad du vill... Vad vill du då?"
描いた夢は叶わないことの方が多い
秀れた人を羨んでは自分が嫌になる
浅い眠りに押し潰されそう夜もある
優しい隣人が陰で牙を向いていたり

惰性で観てたテレビ消すみたいに生きることを時々辞めたくなる

人生は苦痛ですか 成功が全てですか
僕はあなたにあなたに ただ逢いたいだけ
信じたい嘘 効かない薬 帰れないサヨナラ
叫べ叫べ叫べ   逢いたいだけ
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

Jecka wrote:"Aoyama Minami"???
It says "Takayama Minami" on the slide
so it was probably a mistranslation
their family names both have "yama" in them.

EDIT: seems bash responded while I was typing :P
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

Sky Blue, who has been an excellent source so far, has written up their version of the main Q and A part.

http://sky969blue6261.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-235.html
(all Japanese)
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

Almost all of the questions are the ones I posted on the first post but there's one I hadn't seen before:

Q: Can you tell us a highlight of this year's movie?
A: A highlight? Well... It's a confrontation with the BO. And, also... A fight between PSB's Amuro and FBI's Akai. Boxing vs Jeet Kune Do. Where they fight is frightening... You'll be like "they're gonna fight here of all places?".

I guess that means in some dangerous place: maybe in a highway or atop a building. We'll have to see.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Spimer wrote:Almost all of the questions are the ones I posted on the first post but there's one I hadn't seen before:

Q: Can you tell us a highlight of this year's movie?
A: A highlight? Well... It's a confrontation with the BO. And, also... A fight between PSB's Amuro and FBI's Akai. Boxing vs Jeet Kune Do. Where they fight is frightening... You'll be like "they're gonna fight here of all places?".

I guess that means in some dangerous place: maybe in a highway or atop a building. We'll have to see.
Spoiler:
It could be at Tropical Land—the teaser trailer from December 12th seems to indicate that the climax will involve a ferris wheel, so it's certainly possible.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Incomplete-tantei
"No Pain, No Gain."

Post by Incomplete-tantei »

Akai vs Amuro ? That's E-P-I-C. I've always wanted to know who was the strongest of them.
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

Holy crap. I always wanted to see it in the manga but I guess animation quality would be waaay worse in the TV version. Hopefully there will be something hype in the manga when the movie comes out, two birds, one stone style (or is it one bird two stones in this case).
DCUniverseAficionado

k11chi wrote:I guess animation quality would be waaay worse in the TV version.
Not if it was the climax of DC. You can bet they'd have great animation in that (or, at least far superior to the average animation).
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
k11chi wrote:I guess animation quality would be waaay worse in the TV version.
Not if it was the climax of DC. You can bet they'd have great animation in that (or, at least far superior to the average animation).
Im guessing they will start paying the costier animators about 5 years before that.
The key animators will "suddenly" change when we reach the Anokata/Gin arc and they will put out those episodes when they can't do 1 hour specials once every 1 cour (12 ep)
ssjup81
Official 2D Fanglomper

Post by ssjup81 »

With the way Gosho answers questions, it's almost like he doesn't know the answers himself, like he doesn't even know where he's going with the story.
DCUniverseAficionado

ssjup81 wrote:With the way Gosho answers questions, it's almost like he doesn't know the answers himself, like he doesn't even know where he's going with the story.
Example?