Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 945-947

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 945-94X

Post by MoonRaven »

I say we should ignore the entire list... Though if Ai did say something... Ah, nevermind.
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 33 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 12.9.20

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Some important bits by presumenothing from the cbox:
Spoiler:
alright, finally to the important part =P Shuukichi tells Yumi that Kouji is his step-brother/brother-in-law/whatever that term means, as well as the shogi player he respects the most

Yumi repeats the name aloud (which is when Ai hears it), so it would seem she's not heard of him before

last page: Conan says that Kouji was a genius shogi player who came the closest to holding seven titles

but he went to America to participate in a major international chinese chess competition (which he played as a hobby), got involved in some incident and died

because they both had the last name Haneda, Conan had thought before that they might be related, but hadn't expected that he was Taiko Meijin's step-brother/brother-in-law/??

and finally Ai says that she'd seen that name before, on a list of people who'd been given APTX, two names below his

aaaaand this Kouji dude conveniently has his face blocked by a speech bubble :V well
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

Kor wrote:Some important bits by presumenothing from the cbox:
Spoiler:
alright, finally to the important part =P Shuukichi tells Yumi that Kouji is his step-brother/brother-in-law/whatever that term means, as well as the shogi player he respects the most

Yumi repeats the name aloud (which is when Ai hears it), so it would seem she's not heard of him before

last page: Conan says that Kouji was a genius shogi player who came the closest to holding seven titles

but he went to America to participate in a major international chinese chess competition (which he played as a hobby), got involved in some incident and died

because they both had the last name Haneda, Conan had thought before that they might be related, but hadn't expected that he was Taiko Meijin's step-brother/brother-in-law/??

and finally Ai says that she'd seen that name before, on a list of people who'd been given APTX, two names below his

aaaaand this Kouji dude conveniently has his face blocked by a speech bubble :V well
The plot is starting to intensify again! ^.^
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 945-947

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Spoiler:
Since Koji died in NY, a Golden Apple callback may be on the way. Maybe Vermouth is the one who did him in.

That depends, of course, on when Koji died.

The shadowed Koji is wearing glasses, but they're not round, like Masumi described her middle brother's glasses being.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Spoiler:
Since Koji died in NY, a Golden Apple callback may be on the way. Maybe Vermouth is the one who did him in.

The shadowed Koji is wearing glasses, but they're not round, like Masumi described her middle brother's glasses being.
Spoiler:
Well, since Gin says in File 1 that Shinichi is the first human they used the poison on, it's reasonable to assume that Kouji died somewhere between Volume 1 and Volume 18.

Also, where does it say anything about him having died in New York? The translation of presume speaks of America in general.
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

Serinox wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Well, since Gin says in File 1 that Shinichi is the first human they used the poison on, it's reasonable to assume that Kouji died somewhere between Volume 1 and Volume 18.

Also, where does it say anything about him having died in New York? The translation of presume speaks of America in general.
Spoiler:
...well maybe Gin was referring to himself, he has never used it on another human before OR more likely, He simply doesn't know whether sherry has tested the "poison" on guinea pigs!!(which is no surprise, since the research was a secret even to other BO members, except the old ones like Pisco)... Gin only knew of it as an unfinished drug(incomplete detective), that could kill... and after getting his hands on it(probably without permission), first time of it being used was on Shinichi(to Gin's understanding).
Last edited by MeiTanteixX on January 27th, 2016, 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

Spoiler:
Yeah, by "us" he most likely meant "Gin and Vodka" haven't tested it on humans, since Gin doesn't even know anything of the real purpose of the dream drug. And they had a whole box of them to begin with... I wonder if we'll get a gathering of victims some day.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Serinox wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
While I indeed erred in the claim that he died in New York, the use of APTX 4869 on Shinichi is the first time Gin used it on someone. Vermouth could've used it on Koji when he came to America, for whatever reason that may be explained.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
TanteiSa

Post by TanteiSa »

What are the other names on this list. Are they the same as the names in volume 18?

Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

Yeah. The list has just been given a different angle but the names are the same as in Volume 18.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

TanteiSa wrote:What are the other names on this list. Are they the same as the names in volume 18?

The other names are mostly just guesses, since we don't know the specific reading of the kanji Gosho chose for the names

here is a good attempt at the list
http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki ... 69_Victims
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
iiRoYaL

Post by iiRoYaL »

By the way, how could Conan know that Haneda Houji is Shuukichi’s brother-in-law/stepbrother/whatever?
He just heard Yumi saying "Haneda Kouji!!" and the phone call wasn’t on speaker!
Last edited by iiRoYaL on June 2nd, 2016, 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

Depends on Yumi's volume settings; even if a phone is not on speaker, you can still hear the other person talking if you are standing closeby.
DCUniverseAficionado

iiRoYaL wrote:By the way, how could Conan know that Haneda Houji is Shuukichi’s brother-in-law/stepbrother/whatever?
He just heard Yumi saying "Haneda Kouji!!" and the phone call isn’t on speaker!
But that's exactly it—all he needed was that name, and with it, he recalled what he knew, already.
iiRoYaL

Post by iiRoYaL »

iiRoYaL wrote:By the way, how could Conan know that Haneda Houji is Shuukichi’s brother-in-law/stepbrother/whatever?
He just heard Yumi saying "Haneda Kouji!!" and the phone call wasn’t on speaker!
But that's exactly it—all he needed was that name, and with it, he recalled what he knew, already.
He said “It did strike me that both him and Taiko Meijin had the same surname — Haneda...”
“...but I never expected him to be the Taiko’s non-blood brother”

Meaning that he’d known that there’s some sort of relationship, but he never expected they are non-blood brothers at that time. Or that what I understood.
Serinox wrote:Depends on Yumi's volume settings; even if a phone is not on speaker, you can still hear the other person talking if you are standing closeby.
If that's the case, Haibara should've reacted when Shuukichi said that, not Yumi.
(In chapter 947, page 12)
It's obvious that Haibara didn't hear Haneda but Yumi.