Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 945-947

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 945-94X

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

bash7353 wrote:There are two Japanese blogs whose authors seem to have figured out the riddle.
Spoiler: Possible solution
It seems that if you fold the piece of paper Genta found in the trash to create an origami crane bird, it'll reveal on the feathers something like 'square root of 5'. Now, there's a Japanese sentence to remember an approximation of that value which goes 富士山麓オウム鳴く (A parrot sings at the foot of Mount Fuji.) which sounds like the combination of numbers 22360679. The approximation for the value is 2.2360679. '22360679' consists of eight digits, so it's exactly as many as we need for the password.

It's noteworthy that Hideyoshi - a historical figure that Shuukichi's name is based on - and a woman called Chacha - which is the nickname the manager has for Yumi in this chapter - named their first child 鶴松 (Tsurumatsu). 鶴 is the kanji for 'crane'. Hideyoshi is also a connected to the mnemonic as he built a castle close to the foot of Mount Fuji.

Full disclosure: I have tried to fold this crane to see in what way the square root is gonna show itself on the feather, or if at all, and I have not been able to reproduce this. I have no idea how this is supposed to work.

I don't if this will turn out to be true, but it's sounds pretty great.
Spoiler:
Props to these bloggers, right or not.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

bash7353 wrote:There are two Japanese blogs whose authors seem to have figured out the riddle.
It seems that if you fold the piece of paper Genta found in the trash to create an origami crane bird, it'll reveal on the feathers something like 'square root of 5'. Now, there's a Japanese sentence to remember an approximation of that value which goes 富士山麓オウム鳴く (A parrot sings at the foot of Mount Fuji.) which sounds like the combination of numbers 22360679. The approximation for the value is 2.2360679. '22360679' consists of eight digits, so it's exactly as many as we need for the password.

It's noteworthy that Hideyoshi - a historical figure that Shuukichi's name is based on - and a woman called Chacha - which is the nickname the manager has for Yumi in this chapter - named their first child 鶴松 (Tsurumatsu). 鶴 is the kanji for 'crane'. Hideyoshi is also a connected to the mnemonic as he built a castle close to the foot of Mount Fuji.

Full disclosure: I have tried to fold this crane to see in what way the square root is gonna show itself on the feather, or if at all, and I have not been able to reproduce this. I have no idea how this is supposed to work.

I'm REALLY Impressed, that makes perfect sense! it looks like it could really be the truth!
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

So in the first image, it definitely looks like the name Akai could be written in the parents slot
however in the second image, there are two Haneda names, who could they be ?

IS THIS BIG ENOUGH??

I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
Heliotropic

Post by Heliotropic »

946 Text Spoilers
Spoiler:
作者の都合により名無しです2016/01/16(土) 17:01:48.13 ID:jGy/e0Hh
20初の弾丸 12発目 純黒メインビジュアル完成! 動くLINEスタンプ初登場

FILE946 真の夫婦(まことのめおと)

謎の記号はとっかかりが全くつかめず、棋盤に置いて駒で隠してみることにする

いつまでも来ない返事に悩む秀吉だが、対局に際しては初志貫徹
7冠を維持して返事を待つ

由美は家探ししつつ、秀吉とのエピソードを美和子に話す
扇子が見つからないと焦る秀吉に
ほとんど隠れてると思えば見つけやすい、タケノコのだって一部しか見えないし
と話した件とか
(名棋士・阪田三吉の名言と被るらしい)
手が汚れないからとチーズばかり食べてたからチュウ吉と呼び
見かねてとびっきり美味しいショートケーキを教えたらハマった件とか
(対局中もケーキを食べるようになりタイトルを取り始めたそうな)
間に合わないからとミニパトに秀吉を乗せて山梨のホテルまで行き
お守りを無くしたと焦る秀吉をキスして送り出した件とか
(そのホテルは七冠最後の一つの試合会場で、持ち時間ギリギリだったとされる)

探偵団は、解けない暗号に飽きて回り将棋で遊んでる
部屋が冷えてきたのでコナンが暖房をつけるよう管理人に頼むが
暖房は壊れてるという 最初に部屋に入ったときはまだ暖かかったのに
由美も暗号が管理人が考えたものじゃないのではと疑う 暗号はコピーしたもの
コナンも真っ先に画像撮ってそれ以上調べなかったので油断してたが
コピー機は部屋にないし、紙が正方形なのも怪しい
歩美は出目が悪くなってきたらしく、光彦に人生山あり谷ありと慰められてる
それを聞いたコナンは、暗号が折り紙だと察すると、あるカタカナを発見する
それはパスワードそのものの数字ではないが、大抵の大人なら見ればわかる
 「しかも、暗号は今、見せたヤツだけじゃない… 夫婦になってんだぜ?」
■コナンが語る
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

Translation of text spoilers:
Spoiler:
File 946: The real couple

Conan and the group can't figure out the code's trick so they try to place it on the shogi board and cover parts of it with the pieces (my comment: maybe they think that by covering part of the numbers they'll get the 8 numbers they need?)

Shuukichi is feeling doubtful because the reply he expects isn't coming but he keeps his resolution of getting the 7 crowns and waits for the reply as he carries out the game.

Yumi keeps searching her place and talks with Sato about some episode of the past: Shuukichi was nervous because he couldn't find the folding fan and, even though it was pretty hidden, it wasn't hard to find it so Shuukichi said something about bamboo and something like you can only see a piece of it (his words seem to be based on words by a famed Shogi player named Sakata Miyoshi).

She started calling him "Chuukichi" seeing how he never got his hands dirty and was always eating cheese: he got hooked when she taught him about a very irresistible short cake (looks like he also ate cakes when his matches when he began to get the titles): she also talks about that time when they brought him back to the hotel in the patrol car and kissed him because he'd lost his amulet (the hotel was where the match was being held and he managed to get back in time before the waiting time ran out). [File 899-902].

The DBs, on the other hand, have given up on the code for now and are playing with the shogi board: Conan asks the manager if he can turn on the heater because the room's gotten cold but he says it's broken despite that, when they got there, the room was warm: Yumi has also begun to think that the manager didn't think of that code but he copied it from somewhere else.

Conan had taken a photo of it and hadn't investigated any further so he'd lowered the guard but he finds it suspcious that there isn't a copy machine and the paper's square as well. Ayumi's bulging eyes have worsened and Mitsuhiko gets comforted by talking about "life's ups and downs". Conan guesses from his words that the paper's an origami and discovers certain katakana (Katakana: one of the Japanese alphabets, used mainly for foreign words). Those aren't the password's digits but any normal adult would understand what they mean.

"What's more... The code isn't only what we've been shown... It's become a married couple?" or so Conan inwardly thinks.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Spimer wrote:Translation of text spoilers:
Spoiler:
Shuukichi was nervous because he couldn't find the folding fan and, even though it was pretty hidden, it wasn't hard to find it so Shuukichi said something about bamboo and something like you can only see a piece of it (his words seem to be based on words by a famed Shogi player named Sakata Miyoshi).

She started calling him "Chuukichi" seeing how he never got his hands dirty and was always eating cheese: he got hooked when she taught him about a very irresistible short cake (looks like he also ate cakes when his matches when he began to get the titles):

Conan asks the manager if he can turn on the heater because the room's gotten cold but he says it's broken despite that, when they got there, the room was warm: Yumi has also begun to think that the manager didn't think of that code but he copied it from somewhere else.

Conan had taken a photo of it and hadn't investigated any further so he'd lowered the guard but he finds it suspcious that there isn't a copy machine and the paper's square as well. Ayumi's bulging eyes have worsened and Mitsuhiko gets comforted by talking about "life's ups and downs". Conan guesses from his words that the paper's an origami and discovers certain katakana (Katakana: one of the Japanese alphabets, used mainly for foreign words). Those aren't the password's digits but any normal adult would understand what they mean.

"What's more... The code isn't only what we've been shown... It's become a married couple?" or so Conan inwardly thinks.
Spoiler:
Those'll be important, come next file—it looks, though, that there's nothing like the name "Akai" possibly appearing on the marriage registration forms.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
bash7353
部下の手柄は上司のもの
上司の失敗は部下の責任

Post by bash7353 »

What Yumi can't quite remember Shuukichi saying after finding the folding fan seems to be this quote from Sakata Sankichi:
思案はタケノコみたいなもので、大部分は土の中に埋もれている。 ("A thought is like a bamboo shoot, most of it is buried in the ground.")

It may be based on this historical figure that Shuukichi's name has a slightly different variant of 吉 in his name, rather than the one from from Toyotomi Hideyoshi's name (豊臣秀吉). It seems that Sankichi (三吉) was sometimes written with the regular 吉 and sometimes with the slight difference that also occurs in Shuukichi's name.

I'd have put the variation in the message as well, but the forum won't let me. Basically, the normal 吉, as you can see, consists of those components: 士 on top of 口. The variant is 土 on top of 口. It's really just that small of a difference.
"Vad ska jag annars vara?" - "Det vet jag inte. Det måste du svara på. Men om du släpper allt du tror att du måste, och frågar dig vad du vill... Vad vill du då?"
描いた夢は叶わないことの方が多い
秀れた人を羨んでは自分が嫌になる
浅い眠りに押し潰されそう夜もある
優しい隣人が陰で牙を向いていたり

惰性で観てたテレビ消すみたいに生きることを時々辞めたくなる

人生は苦痛ですか 成功が全てですか
僕はあなたにあなたに ただ逢いたいだけ
信じたい嘘 効かない薬 帰れないサヨナラ
叫べ叫べ叫べ   逢いたいだけ
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

bash7353 wrote: It may be based on this historical figure that Shuukichi's name has a slightly different variant of 吉 in his name, rather than the one from from Toyotomi Hideyoshi's name (豊臣秀吉). It seems that Sankichi (三吉) was sometimes written with the regular 吉 and sometimes with the slight difference that also occurs in Shuukichi's name.
perfect timing
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZBCsiEUEAEejbk.jpg
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
bash7353
部下の手柄は上司のもの
上司の失敗は部下の責任

Post by bash7353 »

Oh, so it's right? In this series it's so unusual to get confirmation on a theory within the hour.
"Vad ska jag annars vara?" - "Det vet jag inte. Det måste du svara på. Men om du släpper allt du tror att du måste, och frågar dig vad du vill... Vad vill du då?"
描いた夢は叶わないことの方が多い
秀れた人を羨んでは自分が嫌になる
浅い眠りに押し潰されそう夜もある
優しい隣人が陰で牙を向いていたり

惰性で観てたテレビ消すみたいに生きることを時々辞めたくなる

人生は苦痛ですか 成功が全てですか
僕はあなたにあなたに ただ逢いたいだけ
信じたい嘘 効かない薬 帰れないサヨナラ
叫べ叫べ叫べ   逢いたいだけ
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

One thing on the marriage registration really troubled me that the box for 筆頭者の氏名 (name of the householder) was filled by some katakana-like letters.

As far as I know, in Japan the koseki ( household) is based on family unit and everyone on a koseki must have the same last name, unless the family member is non-Japanese and doesn't hold a Japanese koseki (Children and parents may have different last names if they belong to different koseki). Then Shuukichi, a probable Japanese should have the same family name with the head of his koseki. I can't find any case in which two family names appear in one koseki.
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

In the "promo" for next week's issue on Shonen Sunday's website there was a spot for next week's DC file.
Spoiler:
意地悪おじいさんの暗号…シリーズ解決編!!!
由美が無くしてしまった婚姻届を取り返すべく、コナン達は管理人の暗号に挑む…婚姻届の隠し場所とは!?
Not sure there's anything informative here, but whatever...
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

That promo doesn't say much, obviously enough:
Spoiler:
"Mean old man's code... Series resolution! To get back Yumi's lost marriage form Conan & co. try to solve the man's code! Where's the form hidden at!?"
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
Max1996

Post by Max1996 »

I do hope someone posts the solution of the mysterious paper soon, because I can't make head or tails of it.
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Max1996 wrote:I do hope someone posts the solution of the mysterious paper soon, because I can't make head or tails of it.
bash already posted a potential solution.

Max1996

Post by Max1996 »

Kor wrote:
bash already posted a potential solution.

It also says they were not able to reproduce it. In short, that solution has not been verified yet.