Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 945-947

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Kor
Administrator

Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 945-947

Post by Kor »

As stated in the above image, please continue to use spoiler boxes for the first seven days in which a file is available. However, due to legal restrictions, we kindly ask that you do NOT post any links in this topic to any Japanese raw files or English scanlations. For more information on this matter, please click here.

Text spoilers in Japanese:
Spoiler:
FILE945 意地悪なおじいさん(扉画:コナンの背後に工藤新一の名前だけ書かれた婚姻届)

由美と美和子が非番を満喫していると
街頭テレビのニュースで、秀吉が7冠防衛最終戦に臨む記事
由美は秀吉がそんな人とは今まで全く思わず
7つ揃ったら開けてくれ、と言われた意味も分からなければ
渡された封筒もファッション誌の栞にしてまとめて捨ててた

2人でゴミ置き場に行くが回収ずみ
秀吉の性格から、また書いてもらえば?という訳にもいかず
困っていると探偵団が通りすがる
今日は資源ごみの日じゃないみたいだから
管理人さんが仕分けてくれたかも、とコナンが言うので
由美の家の前へ行くと雑誌の束が返されてる
紐をほどいて探すが封書は見つからず
光彦が何探してるの?と由美に尋ねると「一億円よ!!!」とえらい剣幕
美和子が「何か大切な封筒」と言うと哀は「婚姻届が入った例の封筒ね…」
気づいてなかったのは由美だけだった様子

管理人に会いに行くと、彼は由美を茶々と呼び好ましく思ってない様子
「太閤を骨抜きにする毒婦に相違なかろう!」
秀吉が中学生だったころ、管理人は負かしてやろうと挑んで返り討ちに遭い
それ以来秀吉のファンになり応援していた
封筒の中身は管理人がスマホで撮ってある ごみだから構わんじゃろ?
今回の防衛戦で3勝3敗、それも婚約の返事が来ず士気が上がらないと聞き
由美に対する感情はかなり悪い

由美の想いが本物なら、覚悟を見せてみろ!とばかりに
管理人は意地悪な仕掛けを用意していた
コナンが管理人のノートパソコンを起動すると、1発勝負のパスワード入力画面
という訳で、一同総出で部屋を漁ると…
■元太が見つけたこの紙に描かれているのは…何かの暗号? ■第8号につづく■
Translation by bash from the cbox:
Spoiler:
bash7353: Yumi and Miwako are enjoying their time off-duty when there’s a news story on television which shows Shuukichi appearing in the last defence match of 7 titles. So far, Yumi hasn’t thought of Shuukichi as that kind of person at all. Because she didn’t understand what ‘Once the 7 are complete, open the envelope’ means, she used the envelope he gave her as a bookmark in a fashion magazine and then threw the magazine away as it was.
The two go to the go to the garbage collection point, but collection has already finished. Because of Shuukichi’s personality, [Don’t really understand the rest of that sentence] They are stumped when the Detective Boys pass by. It doesn’t look like recyclables are today, so maybe they could ask the manager to find it, Conan says, and afterwards when they go to Yumi’s house, in front of it a bundle of magazines are being returned. They untie the cord, and take a look, but they can’t find the envelope. Mitsuhiko asks Yumi what they are looking for, and she says “One hundred million yen!” with a threatening look. When Miwako says “A very important envelope”, Ai responds “The kind of envelope a marriage licence is in…” Yumi is the only one who doesn’t appear to have noticed.
[Something, something(They go back to meet with the manager)]. When Shuukichi was in middle school, the manager defeated him and then was challenged and had the tables turned on him. Since then he’s been a fan of Shuukichi and supports him. With a smartphone he took a picture of the contents of the envelope - as it’s garbage, no one will mind, right? In the defence match he has three wins and three losses right now, and without an answer to the engagement his morale won’t improve. His feelings regarding Yumi are pretty bad.
Uchiha Shadow

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 945-94X

Post by Uchiha Shadow »

Spoiler:
Another Shuukichi case? Hopefully we get more middle brother stuff, though I feel like it'll just end up another tease like the Ramen case.
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

Translation of text spoilers:
Spoiler:
Title: Unkind mister
Cover image: A marriage registration with only Kudo Shinichi's name written on it behind Conan

. Yumi and Naeko off-duty day. On street TV article it says Shuukichi is going to face the last battle to defend the 7 crowns
. Yumi realizes she hadn't thought of Shuukichi like that, realizes the meaning of "once I've got the 7" and recalls that the envolope was used by her as
a bookmark in a fashion magazine which she threw
. They go to the garbage spot but it's already been collected: knowing Shuukichi's personality she can't possibly ask for him to write it again
. DBs show up: Conan says that today doesn't seem to be recyclable waste day so maybe the manager's sorted it out
. They go to Yumi's house and find a bundle of magazines that have been returned: they go over them but they can't find the envelope
. Mitsuhiko asks what she's looking for and she rather replies in a rather threatening manner "100 million Yen!"
. Since Yumi had said "some kind of important envelope" then Haibara says "That famed envelope with the marriage registration on it": it looks Yumi's the only one who hasn't noticed what the envelope is about
. Yumi goes to speak with the manager who doesn't seem to call her "Chacha" because he likes it
. "I'm sure you're an evil woman who'll water down the Taiko (Meijin)!"
. Back when Shuukichi was a middle-school student, the manager tried to challenge him to defeat him but he got defeated instead
. Afterwards he became a fan and encouraged Shuukichi
. He took a photo of what was inside the envolope with his smartphone because he assumed Yumi wouldn't care: it was in the garbage, after all
. Shuukichi's now at 3 wins 3 loses: a reply to his engagement hasn't come yet and his morale doesn't increase or they get told
. Shuukichi's currently annoyed at Yumi
. Turns out the manager set up an unkind trap by constantly saying "If what Yumi thinks of you is true then she has to show it to you" to Shuukichi.
. Conan turns out the manager's PC he gets asked a password and can only get wrong 1 time
. So they (maybe he and the DBs?) begin to rummage the room...
Side-note: Genta's found a paper with something written on it: some kind of code?
To be continued in Issue #8
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Post by MoonRaven »

I hope this will be only two chapter case. One without a murder. This far looks so good.
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 33 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 12.9.20

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
AICHAN
Curry time!

Post by AICHAN »

MoonRaven wrote:I hope this will be only two chapter case. One without a murder. This far looks so good.
Spoiler:
yeah I hope that too,but to me it seems like there will be three chapter...
I hope that at least we'll know something about the middle brother, because I don't see the point of hiding that, now that we know Haibara may be related to the Akai family...

We already had a Yumi/Shukichi case this year,but we didn't get any Okiya case since the Scarlet showdown...even Amuro appears more than Okiya... :-\ just because we know he's Akai doesn't mean he can't solve some random cases...I guess Gosho wants to wait until movie 20 to do something with his character.
Last edited by AICHAN on December 29th, 2015, 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
mangaluva wrote:
"I've built a wall not to keep people out, but to see who loves me enough to climb over it."
[/quote]
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

Spimer wrote:Translation of text spoilers:
Spoiler:
. Shuukichi's now at 3 wins 3 loses: a reply to his engagement hasn't come yet and his morale doesn't increase or they get told
. Turns out the manager set up an unkind trap by constantly saying "If what Yumi thinks of you is true then she has to show it to you" to Shuukichi.
Spoiler:
Wait a minute, for all Shuukichi knows, Yumi threw the envelope away without looking into it (as she told him), so why would he fall for this unkind trap and expect a reply? Besides, Shuukichi is the one who didn't call Yumi back, when she asked for a date after he rescued her from the hostage situation, so wtf dude...
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

Serinox wrote:
Spimer wrote:Translation of text spoilers:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Wait a minute, for all Shuukichi knows, Yumi threw the envelope away without looking into it (as she told him), so why would he fall for this unkind trap and expect a reply? Besides, Shuukichi is the one who didn't call Yumi back, when she asked for a date after he rescued her from the hostage situation, so wtf dude...
Spoiler:
So maybe he's just annoyed at himself instead of Yumi then. Need to go back to those chapters but not until this case is over. Sometimes there's a missing part of the story that gets revealed near the end.
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

Spoiler:
To be honest, I had some trouble translating the sentence about Shuukichi being annoyed because the wording was a bit confusing but that's because that's a fan description by a Japanese and not actual dialogue from the file. Maybe it'll become clearer if I can see the raw.
I had the idea that Shuukichi maybe didn't think Yumi was being serious about the envelope because she was annoyed on that day or forgot about what she said. But then again it sounds like the manager's "mean trap" is the reason for his bad mood: maybe he trusted the man and he got fooled by him.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

Spoiler:
Don't worry, I wasn't questioning your translation, but rather the logic of Shuukichi as a character inside the story. Hm, but if the wording in Japanese in the text spoilers was indeed confusing, I suppose I should for the file release for that to be cleared up.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

I thought we wouldn't get a new file until next week, since last file was released in a double issue. How come we're getting one, now?
Spoiler:
We're two files away from being 100 from Shukichi's introduction. If this is a three file case, it will end on File 947—seems, to me, to be a fitting time to answer the questions. It could be two or three files, though—it depends on if this code is the only obstacle. We haven't had a two-file case in 5 and 1/2 years (741–742/624), so we'll see if this one's the first since July 2010.

This case will probably leave things unresolved, but I'm still hopeful that this will lead to some resolution we've been waiting 2 and 1/2 years for.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

^ The New-Year break means the magazines have been sent in earlier.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Wakarimashita wrote:^ The New-Year break means the magazines have been sent in earlier.

But we won't get File 946 for 2 weeks, right?
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

Indeed.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

DCUniverseAficionado

Wakarimashita wrote:Indeed.
Many thanks for making that clear. ;D
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

Most likely, yes.

January 6th is the official release date of SS #6-7/2016 (File 945) according to their website. But with the early sales, we are basically getting the issue in this break week, thus essentially making next week a break week instead.

January 13th is a magazine break and then we'll get SS #8/2016 (946) on January 20th (which probably means text spoilers on January 16th). That is, if I understood the deal with the double issues right and if SS #8/2016 doesn't get earlier sales as well.

edit: ninja'd