Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 942-944

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Max1996

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 942-94X

Post by Max1996 »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Max1996 wrote:At first, I thought one of the victims was that science teacher at Teitan Elementary. You know, the one from the VHS of Memories case (First appearance of Miike).
Isn't the science teacher you're referring to the one that appeared, not in DC, but in a Magic Kaito story?

Wasn't the VHS case just about Chiba, Shinichi/Conan and the DBs figuring out Naeko's message? I don't think there was a murder, in that case.
I'm just pointing out that the science teacher, who was mentioned in DC, looks a lot like one of the victims.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Max1996 wrote:
Max1996 wrote:At first, I thought one of the victims was that science teacher at Teitan Elementary. You know, the one from the VHS of Memories case (First appearance of Miike).
Isn't the science teacher you're referring to the one that appeared, not in DC, but in a Magic Kaito story?

Wasn't the VHS case just about Chiba, Shinichi/Conan and the DBs figuring out Naeko's message? I don't think there was a murder, in that case.
I'm just pointing out that the science teacher, who was mentioned in DC, looks a lot like one of the victims.
Oh... ^-^

Don't mind me.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

Chiba and Kobayashi made reference to a teacher that used to teach at the school
The teacher didn't actually appear in the case.

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki ... _manga.jpg
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

double posting because different content

944 text spoilers
Spoiler:
20発目の弾丸
9発目 黒猫のウィズ「コナンカード」もらえる!
10発目 TV新OP 稲葉浩志「羽」/ED La PomPon「運命のルーレット廻して(ZARDのカバー曲)」

本編 FILE944 ソーラーバルーン

小五郎がヨーコの出てるドラマを繰り返し見ていると
もはや痩せすぎて誰だかわからなくなった千葉がコナンに呼ばれてくる
外は雲一つない日本晴れ、コナンの説を証明するにはとてもいい日

現場には千葉・小五郎・コナン・蘭・陽奈・投稿者
投稿者の言い分を崩すべく
コナンはUFOってこんな色では?と、長くて黒いポリ袋を広げて見せる
袋が大きすぎて窒息死させられないだろ、と小五郎が言うと
コナンは袋を小五郎の頭にかぶせ、千葉に後ろから絞らせる
袋は空気詰めて空に飛ばせば処理できる
口を持って8の字に振れば走りまわさずともしっかり膨らむので足跡を増やさない
長時間立っていればその分足も深く沈むが、そこに自ら倒れ込んでかき消す
膨らんだ袋はソーラーバルーン効果で中の空気密度が下がり、勝手に飛ぶ
なお、袋は渋谷先生の件の後になって
公園に設置された防犯カメラに映ってる
そのため、すぐにUFOネタとして証言するとバレる恐れがあったので
事件当初と現在で証言内容を変えた

投稿者は編集者に写真がピンボケなのを指摘された際
どうせUFOなんていやしないんだから
トリックでもいいのでわかりやすい画を撮れと言われ立腹、凶行に至った

コナンは投稿者の家に行った際、右手だけが白いのに気づき
彼の胸より高いところに大事な物を隠したと察した

その後
痩せた千葉はそれまでと一変、遠くから黄色い声がかかりそうな状態だったが

……危機を察した苗子の段ボールチョコ攻撃でリバウンドしたそうな
■すっかりいつもの千葉刑事…苗子の作戦大成功! …かな!?■第6・7合併号につづく■

次号は最速のフラゲ屋だとおそらく年末ギリギリに買えそう
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

Translation of text spoilers:
Spoiler:
. Title: "Solar Balloon"
. Kogoro keeps on looking at Yoko's drama series
. Chiba's gotten too skinny to the point that almost no-one recognizes him
. Conan calls for him because he wants to test out his theory
. They go to the crime scene: Chiba, Korogo, Ran, Hina and the publisher are there
. Conan unfolds a large black polyester bag asking if the UFO was of this color: Kogoro says that it's too large to suffocate anyone
. Conan has Chiba try it by putting the bag over Kogoro's head and try to strangle him from behind
. If you fill up the bag with air and throw it at the sky then you can dispose of it by having it fly away
. If you shape the bag's opening like the number 8 and swing it it, he bag expands without having to run around and it doesn't increase the footsteps
. Even if you stand there for a lot of time and slowly sink you can erase those prints by dropping atop them
. The expanded bag loses air density through "solar balloon effect" and flies off on its own
. It should be noted that there was a CCTV camera set on the Haido Park stairs after what happened to Shibuya - sensei and that it filmed the bag
. There was the fear that if it was reported right then as UFO information the trick would be found out so the publisher changed his statement between the day of the incident and the present day
. The editor criticized the publisher that his photos were out of focus and knew there was no UFO and told him to make a proper photograph and he didn't care if it was faked: the publisher got angered and committed the crime
. When Conan visited the publisher's home, he noticed that his right hand was white: that indicated that he'd hidden something at a height higher than his chest
. Some time after that, Chiba had gotten skinny to the point someone might call out for him in a shrill voice but...
. Looks like the plan rebounded because of Naeko's cardboard box choco attack, having predicted the crisis
. Side-note: "Detective Chiba remains unchanged. Naeko's plan is a great success! Is it?"
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Spimer wrote:Translation of text spoilers:
Spoiler:
. Title: "Solar Balloon"
. Kogoro keeps on looking at Yoko's drama series
. Chiba's gotten too skinny to the point that almost no-one recognizes him
. Conan calls for him because he wants to test out his theory
. They go to the crime scene: Chiba, Korogo, Ran, Hina and the publisher are there
. Conan unfolds a large black polyester bag asking if the UFO was of this color: Kogoro says that it's too large to suffocate anyone
. Conan has Chiba try it by putting the bag over Kogoro's head and try to strangle him from behind
. If you fill up the bag with air and throw it at the sky then you can dispose of it by having it fly away
. If you shape the bag's opening like the number 8 and swing it it, he bag expands without having to run around and it doesn't increase the footsteps
. Even if you stand there for a lot of time and slowly sink you can erase those prints by dropping atop them
. The expanded bag loses air density through "solar balloon effect" and flies off on its own
. It should be noted that there was a CCTV camera set on the Haido Park stairs after what happened to Shibuya - sensei and that it filmed the bag
. There was the fear that if it was reported right then as UFO information the trick would be found out so the publisher changed his statement between the day of the incident and the present day
. The editor criticized the publisher that his photos were out of focus and knew there was no UFO and told him to make a proper photograph and he didn't care if it was faked: the publisher got angered and committed the crime
. When Conan visited the publisher's home, he noticed that his right hand was white: that indicated that he'd hidden something at a height higher than his chest
. Some time after that, Chiba had gotten skinny to the point someone might call out for him in a shrill voice but...
. Looks like the plan rebounded because of Naeko's cardboard box choco attack, having predicted the crisis
. Side-note: "Detective Chiba remains unchanged. Naeko's plan is a great success! Is it?"
Spoiler:
Is this implying that Kazunobu is fat again, by the end of this? That essentially nothing changed?

I guess we're still waiting for this side-story's resolution.

Any comments on the mystery, in this one?
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)