Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 942-944

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Serinox

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 942-94X

Post by Serinox »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
AICHAN wrote:I know I've been complaining a lot lately...
I guess the more we love something, the more we get disappointed...
How much lower can you possibly go, though, beyond the Miyanos and the Akais being related, from the "story aspects I don't like" perspective?
The Kudo family and the Kuroba family being related? Yusaku and Toichi were brothers, Shinichi and Kaito are cousins :-X
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Serinox wrote:
How much lower can you possibly go, though, beyond the Miyanos and the Akais being related, from the "story aspects I don't like" perspective?
The Kudo family and the Kuroba family being related? Yusaku and Toichi were brothers, Shinichi and Kaito are cousins :-X
In order to solve the cousin romance problem, Gosho makes Akemi only a half biological sister to Ai with their father being Atsushi. It's later revealed Akemi's mother is Kogoro's sister, so Akemi and Ran are cousins, thus it explains why Ran makes both Ai and Akai think of Akemi when they see her.
AICHAN
Curry time!

Post by AICHAN »

Kor wrote:
Serinox wrote:
In order to solve the cousin romance problem, Gosho makes Akemi only a half biological sister to Ai with their father being Atsushi. It's later revealed Akemi's mother is Kogoro's sister, so Akemi and Ran are cousins, thus it explains why Ran makes both Ai and Akai think of Akemi when they see her.
I don't think it will make things get better.That's my opinion of course.If everybody is related with each other it won't be realistic.
As I said Akai being Akemi's cousin is not that much a problem for me (it's not shoking,it's pretty frequent in many countries),but it's just adding more drama than we need,and that doesn't makes sense to me...that Akai never found the ressemblance between Ai and his mom,or never saw a picture of his aunt...There are just too many unlogical things.
Even the promise Akai made to Akemi becomes useless.
And if you add the Sera/Ai confrontation,it becomes completly ridiculous if they are cousins.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
mangaluva wrote:
"I've built a wall not to keep people out, but to see who loves me enough to climb over it."
[/quote]
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

AICHAN wrote: I don't think it will make things get better.That's my opinion of course.If everybody is related with each other it won't be realistic.
Ah no, that wasn't an attempt to make it better. I was just continuing the game of "how low can it go".
AICHAN
Curry time!

Post by AICHAN »

Kor wrote:
AICHAN wrote: I don't think it will make things get better.That's my opinion of course.If everybody is related with each other it won't be realistic.
Ah no, that wasn't an attempt to make it better. I was just continuing the game of "how low can it go".
Oh ok sorry...
I know it can go far with Gosho...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
mangaluva wrote:
"I've built a wall not to keep people out, but to see who loves me enough to climb over it."
[/quote]
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Serinox wrote:The Kudo family and the Kuroba family being related? Yusaku and Toichi were brothers, Shinichi and Kaito are cousins :-X
But how much bearing does that have on the plot? Both Kaito (when he's not Kid) and Toichi have barely been in DC at all. On the other hand, Yusaku and Shinichi/Conan have not been in MK at all (yes, Shinichi was in Black Star, but that was a flashback).
Kor wrote:
Care to continue? Cause the thing is, I suck at it. :P (Given that all I've done when it comes to DC's shortcomings, is just ask, and then often agree with people, about why they think it's bad, while it does nothing to impede my own experience. Isn't a seven-year-arc that's just considered filler and wasted potential the bottom of the barrel, though?)
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Post by MoonRaven »

MoonRaven wrote:Just a random thought here... I wonder if Akemi's P.S. will come to play soon.
It's not really random, in relation to Masumi, Shuichi and Shiho/Ai. You bet it'll get brought up in the middle of all that.
True, but for me the thought came quite suddenly and the next moment I was struggling in the confines of my mind whether or not to post the question on this thread... :)
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 33 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 12.9.20

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

Japanese text spoilers for 943:
Spoiler:
FILE943 未確認飛行物体

そんな与太話、マジで信じてるのか!?
小五郎がそう言うのも当然だろう、しかし足跡が何よりの証拠
杯戸高校創立50周年・記念オブジェ予定地には編集者を引きずった痕もなければ
投稿者が編集者を抱えて入ったと思われるような深い足跡もない
投稿者がどこかでコンクリの固まるのを待ってから倒れてたのでは?との小五郎の説は
二人ともがっちり固まってて剥がすのが大変だったと現場作業員が証言してるので却下
二人の人型をよく見ると、片方はあおむけ、もう片方はうつぶせ
あおむけの側は頭部にフードを被ってたような形状
でもその日(10月4日)は妙に暑かった日、杯戸町祭りもあって覚えている人も多い
そんな日にフード被ってるなんてこうなることをわかってたとしか思えない
だったら共犯者がいるのでは…ところが裏門を撮った防犯カメラには
編集者と投稿者の二人しか映っていない
その代わり、二人が入ってしばらく経ってから大きくて細長い不気味な影
陽奈が見た葉巻型UFOと同じ物では……!?

数日後
ネット上に千葉が話したのと同じ内容が流れている
目暮は千葉に大目玉をくらわし、事の次第を確認させる
叱られた千葉は、よく見れば以前より痩せているような…実際痩せていた
高木&佐藤から見ても明らかで、捜査が進展せずやつれてるのかと思ったほど
その様子を見た苗子、こうかは バツグンだ!と2の矢3の矢を放つ気の様子

実際、情報の出どころは小五郎だった
酒友達にうっかり話してしまいブログのネタになった
そこでコナンが、それとは別に投稿者も自分のブログを開設しているのだが
なんで警察に言うより前に自分のブログで自慢しなかったんだろう?と聞く
投稿者が犯人でないなら、こんなおいしいネタを隠す意味が分からない
それとUFOの証言は取れていない
杯戸町祭りに紛れたこと、それと渋谷先生の件で公園が敬遠されたことから
UFOを見た者がいないとか
となると、直接投稿者の家に行って話を聞こう!

投稿者は安アパートに住んでいた
散らかってるから、と待たされつつも千葉たちが部屋に入ると
コナンはいきなり椅子を積み上げ戸棚を開く
黒いポリ袋やら粘着テープやらが無造作に詰められてる
小五郎につまみ出されたコナンはさっそく(蘭経由で)陽奈に電話
陽奈が見たUFOも真っ黒だった
■葉巻型UFOと超常殺人事件が繋がった!?次号、解決編!!
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

Summary of the text spoilers:
Spoiler:
. The concrete square was to place an object (a monument) to commemorate Haido High's 50 years
. Both the victim and the suspect were hardly stuck and it was hard to free them
. One was flat in back, the other was prone
. The "accident" happened on October the 4th: an oddly hot day, there was the Haido City Festival
. There's a CCTV camera recording: only the victim and the suspect came into the scene
. Instead of an accomplice (as speculated by Kogoro) there is a long and narrow odd shadow: could it be the cigar-shaped UFO?
. Some days later...
. What Chiba talked about the "accident" has been leaked to the net
. He's scolded for that because HQ thinks he's the leaker
. Chiba seems to be turning skinnier, at least to Sato and Takagi's eyes. Yumi and Naeko seem to be involved.
. The actual leaker is Kogoro: he slipped it to a drinking buddy and that buddy posted it on a blog
. That asides, the suspect (the publisher) has started a blog as well but Conan finds it odd that he appeals about his tale online instead of telling the police
. Conan doesn't understand why the publisher would want to conceal that info, even if he was the culprit
. His UFO eyewitness account wasn't recorded (by the police, I guess?)
. Instead of trying to figure out if someone in the festival or someone in the stairs from which Shibuya - sensei was pushed from saw the UFO,
Conan decides to go to the publisher's house and ask him in person
. Once in there (along with Chiba, Kogoro and Ran) the publisher makes them wait because he argues the room was messy
. Conan stacks up one or more chairs and opens a cupboard: there's a black plastic bag and addhesive ape casually packed there
. Kogoro drags him away and Conan asks Ran to call Hina: the UFO she saw was colored black
.Side note: the unusual murder and the UFO are linked!? Next issue, the resolution!
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

Never thought a Chiba case could be so interesting, that's nice.
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

Jecka wrote:Chiba gets character development through his name! :D
Isn't that just information (I know, the point is, he doesn't get any development :-\ )?
I was kidding :P
I am happy he has a name now tho
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

943 spoilers
Spoiler:
Hi Shiratori!
Bye Shiratori!
see you in another 150 chapters.
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Jecka wrote:I was kidding :P
And I guessed wrong again... another tally for me responding to jokes as if they weren't. :-\

I'm glad he has a name, too. :)
jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:943 spoilers
Spoiler:
Hi Shiratori!
Bye Shiratori!
see you in another 150 chapters.
Spoiler:
His first appearance in four years.

Whether his next appearance will be in 2020 or not depends on Gosho using/not using him beyond his role as a love rival/interest. It'd be nice to see him move beyond that, given he's been in DC to pretty much be just that.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Max1996

Post by Max1996 »

At first, I thought one of the victims was that science teacher at Teitan Elementary. You know, the one from the VHS of Memories case (First appearance of Miike).
DCUniverseAficionado

Max1996 wrote:At first, I thought one of the victims was that science teacher at Teitan Elementary. You know, the one from the VHS of Memories case (First appearance of Miike).
Isn't the science teacher you're referring to the one that appeared, not in DC, but in a Magic Kaito story?

Wasn't the VHS case just about Chiba, Shinichi/Conan and the DBs figuring out Naeko's message? I don't think there was a murder, in that case.